IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

40 minutes ago, cascarones said:

I'll stop there, because I just realized DD has never been on Jimmy Fallon's mean tweets section and there's no earthly reason that should could continue.

DD - you mean David Duchovny ?

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, if Samuel's birth turned to a real emergency situation as a result of Dr. Jilly waiting forever to get medical help that was needed and then things were in some way "touch and go", that would not be impressive for the show. 

From TLC's point of view wouldn't it be good though?  Something actually happening on the show?  They manufacture danger for Jill in SA.  Its horrible, but danger would make the show more interesting, and people would want to watch, wouldn't they?  Maybe not the same people who think everything the Dullards do is wonderful, but many people would be interested.  Maybe I just think people are worse then they are, but they do always slow down at horrible traffic accidents . . .

Ah yes, it would make them look stupid and they can't have that.  That might actually lead to fighting with TLC, the contract might be problematic if they want to hide something TLC wants to show.

I'm wondering if the reason there hasn't been a hint about a birth episode is because it won't have happened in the timeline this season. If they're still on wedding prep for Joy's wedding, that's still several months before Samuel was born. I have a feeling that the season will end with Joy's wedding (where Jill was still pregnant), with maybe a special for JoKen's wedding outside of the timeline. Samuel's birth may or may not ever be shown, but there is the chance that it will be shown, just not until the next season.

Derick is such a dumbass when asked about their wedding cake. You can tell he got irritated at Jill for saying iced. He obviously doesn't like to be corrected/

21 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

I'm wondering if the reason there hasn't been a hint about a birth episode is because it won't have happened in the timeline this season. If they're still on wedding prep for Joy's wedding, that's still several months before Samuel was born. I have a feeling that the season will end with Joy's wedding (where Jill was still pregnant), with maybe a special for JoKen's wedding outside of the timeline. Samuel's birth may or may not ever be shown, but there is the chance that it will be shown, just not until the next season.

What's weird is the wedding special is already out online if you have TLCgo. So they have shown they will release specials around the time the life event happens even though the show is way behind. So the show being behind now doesn't seem like the reason Samuel's birth hasn't been shown or talked about.

I'm watching the Joe and Kendra wedding special on my cable's on demand feature.  So far, no Josh in the picture.  There's also a very WTF moment with someone who looked like a Bates literally dropping in from a suspension cable with the ring and a very awkward moment where someone sings that Butterfly Kisses song while they light the unity candle, which is super weird since that moment should be about the bride and groom, not about "daddy and his little girl".  Also, Joe looks like he is about to swallow her whole during their kiss. 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, if Samuel's birth turned to a real emergency situation as a result of Dr. Jilly waiting forever to get medical help that was needed and then things were in some way "touch and go", that would not be impressive for the show. 

I think TLC would love it!  "And now, the most special Very Special episode of 'Counting On'"..... 

I do wonder if they have breached any sort of contractual arrangement with TLC, assuming there is not going to be a birth episode. 

On 9/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:  I told hubby the other day dinner or sex, I only have energy for one!  Thank Rufus he's old, he chose dinner.

It depends what you are serving for dinner.

4 hours ago, Funwithfundies said:

Yes!  I'm very surprised this scene is getting so little attention - it really bothered me as well.  How can he go from being pissed that the coffee is mad hot and then in the next breath insist that Jinger risk getting burned (for no damn reason other than to prove he's right)?  Argh.  Jeremy is good looking (not my type, but objectively he is handsome) and can be funny at times, but man i wouldn't have touched him with a ten foot pole if I was Jinger - he just oozes arrogance.

Thank you. I got so angry watching that scene. It was nothing but arrogance and obedience. I hope she threw some shade later in their night time prayers. I had to actually change the channel because it bothered me that much. I feel like if Derrick did it the comments would be crazy. 

Does anyone else think that Joy needs either a good allergy medicine or to have her adenoids removed?  She always sounds like her nose is totally stuffed up.  Also, there's a striking difference between how mature she seems in the candid shots vs the talking heads.... she comes across much more mature in the talking heads.  I don't know if it's just the hair and makeup, vs looking really young with her hair up when she's doing the demolition, or what.  

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at Josie's manners.  Guess she's grown up a bit lately.  

4 hours ago, Funwithfundies said:

Yes!  I'm very surprised this scene is getting so little attention - it really bothered me as well.  How can he go from being pissed that the coffee is mad hot and then in the next breath insist that Jinger risk getting burned (for no damn reason other than to prove he's right)?  Argh.  Jeremy is good looking (not my type, but objectively he is handsome) and can be funny at times, but man i wouldn't have touched him with a ten foot pole if I was Jinger - he just oozes arrogance.

Thank you. I got so angry watching that scene. It was nothing but arrogance and obedience. I hope she threw some shade later in their night time prayers. I had to actually change the channel because it bothered me that much. I feel like if Derrick did it the comments would be crazy. 

Watching last nights show. 

FFS, Kendra, UGH! :my_sick:   She makes Joy look like a Rhodes Scholar. 

Jackson, you keep doin you. 

James with no F to give. :my_biggrin:

I"m dying here because Joy & Austin at the cake tasting were my husband and I  It was a foreboding of the fact that the man cannot make decision to save his life. Wedding cake tasting was fun but only because 2 of my friends were there and we were just stuffing our faces with cake, because they had the BEST cake. Any one from the Des Moines area remember Lovejoy's in Carlisle?  So sad when they closed.  But I digress... That scene had me and my husband laughing, he said "I remember doing exactly that" I wasn't  overly fussed with details I knew what I didn't want but didn't want, ad we were that lovey dovy; you, no you, nooooo yoooooooouu. Stuff that those two were doing.  I have  feeling the cake lady was unfazed by Joy & Austin's interactions.  I'm just astounded that Michelle did so much with the Wedding. 

5 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Would she check her own blood sugar and A1C for gestational diabetes?  Does she know what to do about her RH factor?

In theory she could check her own blood sugar (diabetic here), but I'm 100% certain she hasn't.

Given the size of the babies I would not at all be surprised if she had GDM. My endocrinologist says that the current working theory is that the vast majority of very large babies are a result of undiagnosed GDM - either from women who refuse the test or from women who develop it in the third trimester after passing the original test at 25-28 weeks-ish.

Given that Samuel stayed at the hospital for who knows how many days and the IV we saw, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she did have GDM and he was born very hypoglycemic. Those babies crash very shortly after birth and in mothers who had uncontrolled diabetes, it's nearly impossible to get the baby's blood glucose stabilized with just dextrose packets and breastfeeding. You need a glucose IV which has to be weaned very slowly over a number of days. That had always been my theory about Samuel's birth. Which is why we will never see anything about it as it would mean Jill admitting she had been reckless and had exposed her child to totally unnecessary suffering.

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

James with no F to give. :my_biggrin:

He never has.  When they were still doing the dog and pony singing shows (before Joshley Smuggar, First of His Name nearly killed off the brand) James was often seen sullenly not singing, and making sure he stayed hidden behind Jim Bob at all times to minimize the possibility of JB catching him.

He's 16 but note how he doesn't get talking heads like Jason did at that age. I think they include James as chaperone on the show so it looks like he's on the show, but his speaking parts are almost non-existent.  

If Jill attempted a VBAC at home she might have been breaking the law. It's against the rules in Arkansas for a midwife to do a home birth with a mother who has had a c-section. Jill technically shouldn't even consider a home birth. Neighboring states allow it but not Arkansas. 

4 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

If Jill attempted a VBAC at home she might have been breaking the law. It's against the rules in Arkansas for a midwife to do a home birth with a mother who has had a c-section. Jill technically shouldn't even consider a home birth. Neighboring states allow it but not Arkansas. 

But it would be the midwife who would be breaking the law, not Jill, right?

Depends. Because if Jill didn't have someone else attending and the situation became dangerous (again!) based on her decisions and doing her own care, NARM could revoke her certification. Or if she's her own attendant and home VBAC is illegal in AR that could cause an issue with NARM too. 

OMG. This episode. I can't even. My eyes hurt from rolling around in my skull so much. Kendra and Joe. Go hang out with the Bate's couples for a few days and calm the hell down. 2 side hugs a day. Shaking my damn head. And Kendra's giggles and squeals are like nails on a chalkboard. Joy and Austin's house. I'm not going to snark on that. At least they are buying their own house. When we got married we rented a tiny, nasty apartment in the bad part of town. They'll make it nice. JEREMY. Not cool. Hr sounded like a controlling tool. Jill. Man, i really wish she would've stayed in the states and gotten pre-natal care from an ob. I'm all about natural birth and even home birth- for healthy low-risk women. Jill wasn't one of them and she shouldn't have been doing her own pre-natal visits. I know the Bates are just as awful, but the Duggars are sooooo obsessed with modesty and courtship rules and on and on it just makes the show so repetitive. Same words and catch-phrases, different couple. 

@grandmadugger The way I read this was that Jessa would've had to see a physician/cnm who would then either say no or yes to a home birth.

"If any of the following PREEXISTING conditions are identified the client must be examined by a Physician or CNM, currently practicing obstetrics. Division clinicians may accept the referral per Division of Health protocol. A plan of care for the condition must be established, and execution of the plan must be documented. Midwives caring for these clients will submit additional required reports. If a referral is not made or if the clinician advises against home birth, the care must be transferred immediately to a Physician or Certified Nurse Midwife." 

I only watche bits and pieces of the new episodes (scrolled through them because I can't stand a full episode). What's with Jinger resting her hand on Jeremy's shoulder while he's driving? Woman, let that asshole man concentrate! I'd be so annoyed if someone insisted on touching me while I was driving. Still no excuse for Jeremy being an ass to her though.

2 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Also, Joe looks like he is about to swallow her whole during their kiss. 

I was waiting for his jaw to unhinge to swallow her. 

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived