IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Certainly when I was in school, a preposition was something with which to never end a sentence!

Ah, but we mustn't split our infinitives! :pb_lol:

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

I was waiting for his jaw to unhinge to swallow her. 

I wonder if any of these fundies ever had a first kiss so disgusting (from lack of having any idea what they're doing) that their feelings went away. Not a good thing to happen on your wedding day! Has anyone else ever kissed someone who kisses like they practiced on their dog? So slobbery, ew.

Does anyone know where I can see a clip of Jeremy being an ass without having to fish through episode online and get nasty computer viruses?.... who am I kidding, I won't put in that much effort.  I would like to see what all the hype is about. 

20 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Does anyone know where I can see a clip of Jeremy being an ass without having to fish through episode online and get nasty computer viruses?.... who am I kidding, I won't put in that much effort.  I would like to see what all the hype is about. 

I don't have a clip but they were in the car and he was drinking coffee out of a cup with a lip.  He complained about how hot it was ("I wanted coffee - not lava") and then put it down in the cup holder, telling Jing to take the lip off.  When she expressed concerns about the hot lava landing on her, he insisted several times "it won't spill".  And of course as soon as he takes a turn some of it does spill on her.  They laugh.  Cue Jinger talking head, "He has such a great personality!"

I'm guessing he's generally a bit of a dick.

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Any one from the Des Moines area remember Lovejoy's in Carlisle?

Are you from Carlisle, or just Des Moines? What's up with my gateway fundies, the McCaugheys? I really respect how they have protected their privacy, but I miss them.

8 hours ago, Irene said:

This episode was actualy decent.

I agree. There were some tedious parts of course, like when they explained courtship rules for the millionth time but overall it was lightyears better than the usual drivel that they typically show. I liked seeing the little kids more. I think the absence of the under-18 kids is one of the main reasons Counting On has been less watchable on the whole than 19KAC was. I also liked seeing  Joedra together as well. They're shaping up to be one of my favorite Duggar couples. It's refreshing seeing how different Joe is from Josh was when he was courting Anna. No goofy, tacky or awkward sexual references/jokes  were made by Joe about Kendra unlike Josh who was constantly reminding the viewership that he was going to finally have sex on his wedding night :pb_rollseyes:

Also good for Joy for getting herself a man who can buy her a house. Since she's not allowed to help provide for their household at least she has that support. I for one am happy to see that Austin is not a grifter and he's not a lazy person who can't bother to get off his ass and work unlike hypocritical Derick who thinks men should be providers, yet won't practice what he preaches. 

9 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Are you from Carlisle, or just Des Moines? What's up with my gateway fundies, the McCaugheys? I really respect how they have protected their privacy, but I miss them.

No, not from Carlisle,I'm the next town to the West.  As for the McCaughey's they will be 20 in Nov, they are about 2 weeks older than my son, born in the same hospital. Other than that I don't know,

2 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

https://youtu.be/pHlQb-MUpAU?t=1064

Its on Youtube, should be set already but if not it starts at 17:44

On 9/18/2017 at 8:33 PM, TheDuggarnaut said:

Because oh my god if she actually wrapped her arm around his (with no bare skin because of long sleeves) , they'd HAVE to have sex right there in the park. 

Its just so ridiculous. They are trying to be over righteous.

And that is exactly how my oldest child was conceived.

On 9/19/2017 at 5:01 AM, Buzzard said:

Jill - I am a CPN, it comes in handy because we're out of the country and I cant recieve routine care. 

I have to call BS on this Jill. Women have babies all over the earth. Please don't try to pretend that routine prenatal care is something that exists only in Arkansas. 

I was curious so I looked up the numbers. El Salvador's maternal mortality rate is not all that much worse than the United States (81 deaths vs 21 per 100,000 births).

Just for comparison's sake I live somewhere where that number is just below 500. If you have the means you leave the country to give birth. Nobody leaves the country for prenatal care or buys their own equipment because that is stupid and unnecessary. You can get great prenatal care here for relatively cheap. 

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I wonder if any of these fundies ever had a first kiss so disgusting (from lack of having any idea what they're doing) that their feelings went away. Not a good thing to happen on your wedding day!

I have a friend who saved herself for marriage, but did a lot of healthy 'foolin' around with the guy before hand. The moment they got hitched, she just lost all her desire for him. They're still married, but she still can't seem to muster up that "You're so hot, I want you now"  kinda feeling.

1 hour ago, bella8050 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7JfkPRdHao&feature=share

my favorite awkward first kiss...another TLC program, shocker!  I kinda wish they would do an update on this couple.

This just made me clench so hard with embarrassment I won't need a workout for a week...

6 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I don't have a clip but they were in the car and he was drinking coffee out of a cup with a lip.  He complained about how hot it was ("I wanted coffee - not lava") and then put it down in the cup holder, telling Jing to take the lip off.  When she expressed concerns about the hot lava landing on her, he insisted several times "it won't spill".  And of course as soon as he takes a turn some of it does spill on her.  They laugh.  Cue Jinger talking head, "He has such a great personality!"

I'm guessing he's generally a bit of a dick.

Thanks!  I agree sounds like a bonafide dick I me too. 

4 hours ago, Thunder said:

Thanks for doing the work.  Good Lord she seems way smarter than he.  I'm not sure how much that's saying but...

3 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

I have to call BS on this Jill. Women have babies all over the earth. Please don't try to pretend that routine prenatal care is something that exists only in Arkansas. 

I was curious so I looked up the numbers. El Salvador's maternal mortality rate is not all that much worse than the United States (81 deaths vs 21 per 100,000 births).

Just for comparison's sake I live somewhere where that number is just below 500. If you have the means you leave the country to give birth. Nobody leaves the country for prenatal care or buys their own equipment because that is stupid and unnecessary. You can get great prenatal care here for relatively cheap. 

Ah, but you see...oh, who am I kidding? I can't even come up with a good snark about Jill and Derick pulling this shit; they're racist.

Now, I do think it was a bad idea for them to go back to El Salvador while she was super-pregnant because if something went really, really wrong, it could take longer to get to a hospital if they're in an area more rural than where they are in Arkansas, their atrocious Spanish could make communication with doctors and nurses difficult, and (to turn around some of the anti-immigrant rhetoric I'm sure they buy into) they'd be using up resources that local women need. And it's clear that being there stresses Jill the hell out, which makes pregnancy even less fun.

I watched the new episode last night. When I saw Jeremy insist the hot coffee wouldn't spill, then it did, then say how did you know it was gonna spill?! I was dying for Jinger to say something snarky and put him in his place. That scene pissed me off. I've decided Jeremy is rather arrogant. Bleh.

It also seems like the show keeps focusing on Jinger and Jeremy and food. Like if they don't have kids, the story line must be cooking, grocery shopping, or attempting to order at a restaurant. 

9 hours ago, albireo said:

Ah, but we mustn't split our infinitives! :pb_lol:

This was explained to me thusly:  English is the only language that has two-word infinitives, and someone/somewhere decided that the English infinitive should be treated as a single word and not split.

This was a hundred million years ago in one of my grammar-specific college courses, so I can't cite the source, but I found it interesting and have held to that (although I rarely split an infinitive).

That Jinjer clip is gross and pretty much exactly how I expected their relationship to be. Him looming over her and her joyfully excepting it.

LOL that virgin couple video, I remember that. I wonder how they feel about that being online now.

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

It also seems like the show keeps focusing on Jinger and Jeremy and food. Like if they don't have kids, the story line must be cooking, grocery shopping, or attempting to order at a restaurant. 

we need him then to go to the dentist to become full circle.  Next they will learn how to paint a house.  Glad Jeremy's arrogance is finally shining through, too bad for Jinger to be the receiving end of it. 

Ben and Jessa are turning out to be the most interesting to watch.  They seem to enjoy being parents.  I think they are the most realistic couple.  When Jessa talked about her weight on the interview, it was probably the most real anyone has ever been on the show.  

Joy acts so young.  And she looks like Mandy Moore.  Many young women don't mature until baybeez.  I will wait to see how that turns out.  I find Austin adorable, minus the cooking lesson scene.  He has the most potential to provide for his family.  But I would have hit him over the head with a pan for the cooking remark.

8 hours ago, Thunder said:

Wow, what an ass. She did seem pissed "It's alright".  Have to sooth the man-childs ego.  Also, why can't she keep her hands off his shoulder while he's driving?  Jinger has also taken up the baby voice, just like mamma. (yuck)

15 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@justoneoftwo I mean something like that might be something they would hide. Risking life and limb because Jeebus and foolishness wouldn't be good for the religious brand. 

IDK...risking life and limb because of Jesus is exactly what their brand of religious would do. Now if they were trying to attract mainstream (AKA people who believe that God gave them a brain to discern and reason with, and expects that they'll use those brain cells to make grounded, logical and safe decisions as they navigate life) religious folks...again, only for the freak factor.

Not that this season has been interesting, but there is going to be a long and boring lull without anything happening in Duggar world. At the moment, nobody is courting, which means that if you count courting + a typical 3 month engagement we are likely 6 months away from the next possible wedding (i.e. not earlier than March). Apart from Joy being due in late February, if they show the JoeKen wedding in an October episode, what the hell will we be forced to watch between then and the appearance of the Joy spawn?

Presumably Jessa and Kendra are either pregnant or will be in short order, and possibly Jinger. But those babies are a long time off...get ready for the most boring episodes of this godforsaken show yet.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived