IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

Totally gross. I think I'd respect him more if he set up a fundraising page for himself which said "I don't want to get a real job or support my family. My sweet TV gig that I scammed my way into may be coming to an end soon because my social media posts are disgusting to the majority of the general public. Please give me money because I am lazy and useless. Also JESUS."

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Whoa! The comments- nothing is held back! 

No joke! His eyeballs must be bleeding. Great entertainment, though!

I feel so freaking bad for Jill and the boys. Derick obviously has no plans to be a provider (despite marrying into a culture where it is EXPLICITLY the man's job to support his family financially), and with their covenant marriage, she has no way out even if she wanted one. So sad. So appalled with D-Wreck.

Well I guess now we know how much Cross Church discounted vs. how much he has to pay...

Heaven forbid they save up and use their own money from counting on. The grifting lives on.

Man, the comments on his e-begging page are not holding back one bit.

Derick, get off your lazy ass and either hit up your millionaire father-in-law or use some of your TLC paycheck/past grifting proceeds to pay for your useless bullshit program that seems to consist of harassing sorority girls at University of Arkansas about Jesus and hawking t-shirts, or go take the CPA exam and get a real job that provides for your two children and your wife (who will never work for a living because gender roles or something). Be a goddamn grownup.

Maybe this is the deal Jill made with Derrick so they don't have to go back to CA. She gets to stay close to her family and he gets to venture around the world. Derrick  doesn't seem to have any intention of providing financially for his family. What they never acknowledge is that Jill is financially supporting the family by being on the show. She is actually the one working because TLC isn't putting him on TV it bout A Duggar beside him. I am just wondering why he expects people to donate to him for something Jill is not involved in. Jill is the draw, not Derrick. Who would be a fan of Derrick without Jill? He only gets an iota of the benefit of the doubt because of Jill. 

Maybe this is best for Jill. She at least is surrounded by family now, doesn't have to worry about shower racks and doesn't seem as terrified as she did in CA. I honestly don't think Derrick is ever going to settle down. He seems to want to wander the world and now it appears it will be without Jill. 

I am so happy a lot of people are giving him shit! Maybe something will get through to him... lol we're talking about Derrick. Doubt it. 

1 hour ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Whoa! The comments- nothing is held back! 

You're not Kidding.  I think I might be taking a small vacation from FJ tonight to read the snark!  It's out of control over there! :popcorn:

F them raising money. My mom lost everything in a house fire on Wednesday (and I lost quite a bit, too), and I can guarantee you, she'll get little to nothing on her crowd funding page whilst these grifters with everything already will get everything their hearts desire. I'm so over that. It's sick and definitely not Christian.

Wow. I had to take a break to check out some of these comments, and it was the best thing I did all night!

I'm so glad more people are starting to call them out on their bullshit. I wonder how long it will take for them to remove the comment feature?  It doesn't make sense to delete the undesirable ones and keep the ones they want....I only saw two positive ones and they were followed with hate-filled replies!!

Well, it is the Cross Church School of Grifting, after all.  They seriously expect their students to be able to easily find 10 people each to give them $100 per month in order to reach $12,000. It's pretty incredible how blantant the CCSM FAQs are about it.

Grifting.PNG

So by that standard, in only asking for $6,500 Derick's actually being restrained. But given his own previous track record of substantial grifting sans any accountability? Yeah, he already shot himself in the foot big time there. Especially since it's being advertised on their social media, just as their own "Dillard Family Ministries" was, and yet there's never been any evidence of the money given to the Dillards being spent even close to wisely. There's no way he was ever going to be able to put *and keep* a positive spin on this funding grab.

51 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Maybe this is the deal Jill made with Derrick so they don't have to go back to CA. She gets to stay close to her family and he gets to venture around the world. Derrick  doesn't seem to have any intention of providing financially for his family. What they never acknowledge is that Jill is financially supporting the family by being on the show. She is actually the one working because TLC isn't putting him on TV it bout A Duggar beside him. I am just wondering why he expects people to donate to him for something Jill is not involved in. Jill is the draw, not Derrick. Who would be a fan of Derrick without Jill? He only gets an iota of the benefit of the doubt because of Jill. 

Maybe this is best for Jill. She at least is surrounded by family now, doesn't have to worry about shower racks and doesn't seem as terrified as she did in CA. I honestly don't think Derrick is ever going to settle down. He seems to want to wander the world and now it appears it will be without Jill. 

If we had a world where children in the entertainment industry are treated fairly, Jill would have A LOT of money stashed in a trust fund, since she's been on TV since she was 14. But what little protection there is for child actors (i.e. the Coogan law) doesn't apply to performing children in Arkansas, and not to reality TV kids.

21 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

F them raising money. My mom lost everything in a house fire on Wednesday (and I lost quite a bit, too), and I can guarantee you, she'll get little to nothing on her crowd funding page whilst these grifters with everything already will get everything their hearts desire. 

I'm so sorry. That's awful!

It looks like Cross Church does quite a bit of related fundraising through Pure Charity, with 30 connected fundraisers active at the moment. It's listed as one of the Field Partners for the site, and there are a couple other entering CCSM "students" also listed as having fundraisers going.

So although I think Derick made a mistake in setting one up and promoting it, it seems to be one of the "done things" for CCSM "students", and the money is set to go directly to Cross Church. Take that as you will.

https://www.purecharity.com/discover/search?category=&commit=Search&field_partner=709&keyword=&region=&scope=fundraisers&utf8=✓

PLEASE NOTE: I'm NOT advocating for interacting with anyone else CCSM related on their postings at all, I was just interested in whether all fundraisers had comment sections or if they could be turned off. So far I haven't managed to answer that question.

Those comments have actually made my day. I haven't watched the Duggars in  years BUT I assumed since they got their show back in a slightly different form that people still loved them but people definitely seem to be seeing them for who they really are. Lazy grifters who don't want to work. 

Wow! The comments on the money request!

It's not certain, is it, that Jill and Derick will be living together?? Perhaps Jill and children will go back to the TTH and Derick will stay "in residence" at the worthless church program.

16 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

Those comments have actually made my day.

Same! Even better, I loved how the comments were left by so many disparate posters. I was expecting a few individuals to hold the line, but how glorious to see so many different people call him out on his grifting BS. 

"Every donation is important and will enable me to be present and help others in need."

Derick, many people do humanitarian work in their own local areas. On weekends or evenings. After working all week. At a paying job to support their family. They are "present" at personal cost to themselves, not others. 

1 hour ago, Imagine20 said:

F them raising money. My mom lost everything in a house fire on Wednesday (and I lost quite a bit, too), and I can guarantee you, she'll get little to nothing on her crowd funding page whilst these grifters with everything already will get everything their hearts desire. I'm so over that. It's sick and definitely not Christian.

I'm so very sorry for what you're family is going through ~ I wish I could donate to the crowdfunding, but I can only offer a shoulder if you need to vent, sorry :/  if you wanted to share the link, I'd be happy to share it on my social media accounts <3

35 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Wow! The comments on the money request!

It's not certain, is it, that Jill and Derick will be living together?? Perhaps Jill and children will go back to the TTH and Derick will stay "in residence" at the worthless church program.

I can't really imagine them trying to project an image of "headships/umbrella of protections", with the headship not actually living in the house fulltime ~ I mean, maybe they can justify the three mission trips without Jill and the two kids (#becauseJesus), but then again, if him traveling around several times a year will allow Jill and the kids to stay in the same house, and have some consistency and family support, I'm all for that . . . Though obviously that should be on them to provide, NOT internet strangers via online gritting :/

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

Derrick  doesn't seem to have any intention of providing financially for his family.

You really hit the nail on the head here. Derick is a greedy, lazy, selfish, holier than thou ass. I don't give a flying fuck he doesn't want to get a real job. I wish I didn't have to have one either. I would love to not work and do whatever the hell I wanted all day. But I work. I contribute to society. I need to make an income. I need health insurance.

Since being absorbed into the Duggar borg he expects everything to be handed to him on a silver platter just for existing. He thinks he is incapable of being wrong about anything, he thinks he knows everything. He believes he has no need for introspection. He thinks he should live like a king, and that people who work hard for their money, maybe even struggle to get by, should throw more money at his feet. He acts like people should treat him like Jesus. Which is all kinds of blasphemous. Derick, if you're reading here, I want you to know that Jesus would be ASHAMED to be associated with you.

Jill is a major loser on the husband lottery. This is why you get to know someone before you marry them and have kids. 

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but UGH. 

His "About" section for the fundraiser is so vague! It says absolutely nothing about him, what he is going to do in the program, or why he needs the money. It honestly sounds like it was copy-pasted from a template, probably from the "school." Its like he expected his name alone to get people to donate. Won't he be surprised when he reads the comments!!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived