IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

There are like 3 encouraging posts. With the obligatory "it's SATAN!!!!1!!1!11! Speaking through these haters!"  Redic.

I love all the hate.  It's true what people are saying.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

And the woman tellin everyone to go find themselves a man at a MAGA rally. Hard no on that one.

Hardest no ever!  Nope.  No way, nazi freaks scare me and I don't want to be a battered wife.  Thanks tho.

Just now, Beermeet said:

Hardest no ever!  Nope.  No way, nazi freaks scare me and I don't want to be a battered wife.  Thanks tho.

I'm Jewish, so one of those Nazi freaks wouldn't want me either. Another one of his few supporters was basically like, "can't we get along, we are all Christian." Umm, no...

It really kills me that he fully expects people to donate large sums of money to something so vague and unspecified. Just like his "mission" in Central America. What are you actually going to be doing? And how, and where, and when? How are you going to be spreading the gospel, who are you going to be helping, why is it that you in particular are called and equipped to do this? Why should people give you their hard-earned money, rather than random Missionary McGee down the street? The casual sense of entitlement is just incredible!

9 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

@HarryPotterFan. What makes them think all the posters are christian?  More nope on that.

Because everyone ever is Christian!! America is a Christian country, and we might fight the war against Christmas! Everyone here is Christian, and only Americans have internet access!!

Or something? Heck if I know.

Someone over at Pickles who has either really intensively researched or knows a bit about the program has said that spouses and kids are not allowed on the 3 mission trips, that they must be full team members to participate, etc. So if they are only raising enough for Dwreck then is Jill already paid for or is she not participating and just volunteered with C3 because Dwreck was right nearby with the men? 

Wow, Jill must really not like missioning to let Derdick go on vaca, I mean missions, alone.  

$24,000 to convert people who already believe in the same God as you, and now another $6,000-odd to what, get in your car and drive up the road to annoy people with your narrow-minded, holier-than-thou attitude?

Sounds like an awesome investment to me. Where do I sign?

I added a comment to the pure charity thing. More grifting? Not surprised but ugh! Love that everyone is ripping him to shreds and it's being screenshotted!

7 hours ago, bananabread said:

I feel so freaking bad for Jill and the boys. Derick obviously has no plans to be a provider (despite marrying into a culture where it is EXPLICITLY the man's job to support his family financially), and with their covenant marriage, she has no way out even if she wanted one. So sad. So appalled with D-Wreck.

For the record she could move to Nevada after six weeks she could obtain a no fault divorce. (Although she has to plan to stay there). There are probably other states with short residency requirements and no covenant marriages where you could get an easier divorce. Not that I think she would ever do it but she isn't that trapped.

I almost wonder if someone put their foot down in regards to Jill and boys returning to Central America and this was Derick's consultation prize.  Do this program get to do some "mission trips " while Jill and the boys stay near family.

SMH at the thought of all the people having to put up with Dwreck proselytising at them. He must think the missioncation in CA was productive! How many people did he bring to Jesus? 3? What a success!

the only benefit I can take from this is for Jill herself. Spending less time with Dwreck means Dill3 will be a lot longer in the making hopefully giving her more time to heal. There's the added bonus of not having to listen to his BS as well as emotional support and practical help from her sibs at the tth.

3 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Wow, Jill must really not like missioning to let Derdick go on vaca, I mean missions, alone.  

Maybe she does like it, but not with a toddler and a newborn to have full responsibility over. She may be just too responsible to go on another mission trip again.

HOnestly, I can't see Jill putting her foot down, but I think JB may have helped a little bit with that.

12 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Honestly, I can't see Jill putting her foot down, but I think JB may have helped a little bit with that.

Yeah I can see JB encouraging this mission course mcthingy because it means Jill and the kids are close to the rest of the family for at least a year. Plus peddling the idea that people in their own country and even state still need to be saved from incorrect jebus worshiping means they may not go too far abroad again for an extended period. (Those short overseas mission trips with the extended Duggar family could definitely be in the cards still).

Additionally I can see Derek's mother wanting him to stay closer as being him a factor.

With all the Trump related and similar things going on domestically someone could convince him that America needs saving first and poor, Catholic foreigners second. (Not that America needs him, but from their perspective that's how in would convince him).

Couldn't believe it when I saw this. Dwreck has sunk to new depths, and the worst is he has so little self-awareness, he doesn't realise that his naked entitlement has finally become obvious to everyone. Purecharity ? Charity to a rich white reality TV star who can't even be bothered to explain what he does with the money ? Are you kidding me ??? Those comments are brutal, love it so much. 

He needs to get over himself. He is an adult with a wife and children he must support in his misogynistic world, and he is acting like a spoiled child, wasting money on self-aggrandising rubbish. He would never make a good pastor, he has no presence, both his brothers-in-law would do better than him. Jeremy because as self-absorbed as he is, he has charisma, and Ben because even though he has bought into truly repulsive ideology, there is a glimmer of independent thought and genuine concern there.

I never liked Dwreck from the start, to me he always had something creepy and self-important about him. Now he is so repulsive to me that if I wasn't already an atheist (I was helped along in that direction by a pastor who had a few things in common with Dwreck) then he would make me actively question my faith. Do you hear that Dwreck ? You are turning people away from christianity, not converting them to it. You embody everything that is wrong with the christian religion today. I don't know how Jill can stand to be in the same room as him, let alone share his bed. That girl is seriously brainwashed. I wonder whether she still idolises him or whether she's realised he'll never be a very good provider and she's getting annoyed with his shtick. Of course, she'll never be able to do anything about that. What a surprise, Jim Bob picked a real doozy. 

What I like most at this fundraiser site is, that the comment section has the title "tell us why you like this fundraiser". And below all these true and brutal comments. 

$6K is nothing to these people, with money coming in from TLC and the amount their house is worth (yeah I read the comment section too ;) ) $6K is chump change to them.

He should get some self respect and pay that himself.

If he was working 9-5 at Walmart or wherever and then helping at church in his own time, or even working his way up (which is not what this is) to being a Pastor and having his own congregation I would have some respect for him (only a little, but some).

But this is just a prolonged gap year........... if he's not careful it's going to become a gap life.

Lets be frank, Jill is the breadwinner here, what he has is a HOBBY.

Comments Skimm'd while eating cheddar popcorn and fresh figs

Quote of the day:

11 hours ago, socalrules said:

Jill is the draw, not Derrick

Alright, if you happen to get the Daily Skimm email of news stories that might be vaguely amusing and I'm feeling cheeky. If not, my apologies.

Seriously, those comments are going to affect his thin skin and hopefully make him add information if he wants to get a valid level of support. I'd love to say it's a template, but even a proper online fundraising template would offer more specifics. See the impact of previous CCSM mission trips (link to moving videos and testimonies)! We've helped xxx at xyz locations.

I find it very strange that Jill and the kids aren't mentioned at all, usually, fundraising involves a personal aspect, especially in religious communities and as Jill is promoting her involvement or dedication. "I felt called and through prayer with my wife..."  I agree with the quote above, people genuinely like or sympathize with Jill, Derick doesn't have that rapport with the general public.

I also hope this causes Jeremy to get back up on his shade throwing missionary soapbox (because more popcorn). Or if he is going to The Master's Seminary, as speculated, where he'd earn an accredited degree there's a whole new potential shade fest. He'll have a new soapbox and I'll have even more popcorn.

10 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

And the woman tellin everyone to go find themselves a man at a MAGA rally. Hard no on that one.

What is a MAGA rally?

Just now, Drala said:

What is a MAGA rally?

A Donald Trump rally (his slogan is 'MAGA' - 'Make America Great Again').

Now excuse me while I go puke. :) 

Derick, Derick, Derick. Do you know what normal people do when they want money for something? They work for it. :P I think Ben has moved up in the world, so many you should go and try to scrub toilets for JB. I'm sure you will eventually get the money...! 

These two idiots are really reaping what they have sowed! I feel bad for Izzy and Sammy! 

As an older person with adult sons and several grandchildren, I can't help but wonder what Derwreck's father would say if he were still alive.  For some reason I feel the particular absence of a father's presence in Derwreck's behavior. He's always quoting from Proverbs, one of the gray-beard wisdom books. Yet his behavior as a young man seems to singularly lack wisdom.  He goes to the trouble of mocking Jazz for not owning her "manhood." He refuses to settle down and support his family, instead enrolls in an internship program more suited to single young adults.  He strikes me as someone who, within his cultural context, sorely needs an older male authority figure like dad to smack him upside the head, tell him to stop with all the foolishness and to man up to his responsibilities as a husband and father.  I don't see JimBob filling this role.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived