IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

Are they both in this or just Dwreck? If it's both, this sounds like a massive waste of money. 24K for no credits? Is housing in a dorm room setting? I don't get why people want to spend that kind of money on things that aren't accredited college courses. 

Use your accounting degree, fool. If you need to feel all important and noticed put some balloons behind your desk or something. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is upload it's just Derick as I didn't saw Jill in the picture. Both of the would be stupid not only for money reasons, but with two small boys there just isn't time. 

11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Oooh oooh can I give him a history lesson on Jesus, the middle eastern Jewish man who cared about helping the poor with no strings attached?

I am so, so, soooo tempted to give him a history lesson.

Like why is he calling the guy Jesus of Nazareth when there was no place called Nazareth until the 3rd century AD.

Derick needs to learn how to not be a massive dick before he can be any type of minister. Fact of the matter is that if someone has a problem and they go see their minister, they don't want an entitled douchebag who will condescend them. 

As for the history lesson, are we talking history or are we talking the bible? They're not the same thing. History has documented facts and sources through the archaeological and historical record. That's why we can say that there were dinosaurs and ancient civilizations. The bible...well we proved there was no flood. :P So you're going to have to be a little more specific DirtyJesus because I'm pretty sure that REAL historians would take you down. 

So you pay to travel and talk to people, but in the end have nothing tangible to show for it besides your memories?
#Anotheryearofvacationsforwanderlustderick. #getajobwithinsurance.

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So you pay to travel and talk to people, but in the end have nothing tangible to show for it besides your memories?
#Anotheryearofvacationsforwanderlustderick. #getajobwithinsurance.

I went to the SBC website site trying to decipher whether or not it counts towards getting credit to get funded through the SBC or IMB .  I think it counts for some brownie points but I wasn't left with a clear indication as to whether or not this was all they needed to get funded in the future.

I don't get this - so he's going back to school... Wow. I had initially thought Cross Church had hired him to be a youth leader or whatever. I mean does this guy ever do anything that makes any sense?

14 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

I don't get this - so he's going back to school... I mean does this guy ever do anything that makes any sense?

he doesn't have to make sense - he just lives off TLC 

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Is upload it's just Derick as I didn't saw Jill in the picture. Both of the would be stupid not only for money reasons, but with two small boys there just isn't time. 

I am not sure I see Jill in the big outdoor group shot, but she seems to be in a red or maroon sleeveless dress (hussy!) holding baby whatever-its-name  in the picture  at bottom right.

So, if they get to stay in their own house, I wonder if they still have to pay $12,000 each?

$12,000 for a year's worth of "study/missioncations" and you don't even get credits or a certificate? F**K that. I'd rather go to Crown College of the Bible and get a "Foundation in Christian Life" certificate: http://thecrowncollege.edu/academics/christian-life-certificate/ 

The two semesters at Crown would even be slightly cheaper than this church-basement-pretending-to-be-a-seminary bullsh*t

8 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Ahh the plot thickens! What happened to the guest house? And 3 mission trips in that span of one year, one being international. Poor Jill!

"What if I don't need housing from Cross Church?

You will have the option during the application process to opt out of the housing component for a reduced program cost of $10,000."

(From their website)

So now Dreck is going to be going into a head to head competition with Jeremy.. "who is more successful as a preacher?" 
My money's on Jeremy.

11 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

12, 000. For tuition. No credits. 

The purpose of the School of Ministry is not to replace what our universities and seminaries do by way of theological education but to complement them. The School of Ministry will provide a unique opportunity for any young man or woman called to ministry and Kingdom service to gain practical ministry experience in the Cross Church setting. Students will come to the School of Ministry pre-college, during college, post-college, pre-seminary, mid or post–seminary, or whenever in ministry to have classroom, mentorship and hands-on experiences preparing them as leaders for life, ministry, and Gospel advancement globally. School of Ministry graduates will understand local church ministry—this will alter the way they live, lead, and extend the Gospel throughout their lifetime.

What a waste of time.  A quick year to help him get in the good books to gauge the faithful and stupid for future fake missions. Jeez Derick Just go to seminary. Losers.  

Does anybody else think this sounds kind of like an internship scam. "You pay us and gain this valuable experience...no credits or anything, you just pay us so you can pad your resume."  Not only does the church get free labor, they make money off the laborers as well.

PS, I wonder if Derick has ever bothered to read Tacitus, Josephus and the other supposed sources that allegedly verify Jesus was a real person, in their original context?

I wonder if somehow derek was able to get a reduced program fee by doing some extra work around the church or free publicity for the church using his and Jill's social media accounts? Given the long Duggar ties to that church and the Dillard celebrity factor, that might be a possibility. In which case it wouldn't be quite so financially ludicrous ... (except for the fact that he doesn't have a real job). 

With the free housing provided by Jim Bob, I'm guessing that counting on somehow provides them with enough money to get by on? That kind of financial insecurity would drive me crazy. I guess Jill has always been taught that she needs to just pray and God will provide...

They probably have some kind of handshake agreement that getting some further training will enable them to be real missionaries actually financially supported by the church or the southern baptist church ...association... thingummy.

37 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

I wonder if somehow derek was able to get a reduced program fee by doing some extra work around the church or free publicity for the church using his and Jill's social media accounts? Given the long Duggar ties to that church and the Dillard celebrity factor, that might be a possibility. In which case it wouldn't be quite so financially ludicrous ... (except for the fact that he doesn't have a real job). 

With the free housing provided by Jim Bob, I'm guessing that counting on somehow provides them with enough money to get by on? That kind of financial insecurity would drive me crazy. I guess Jill has always been taught that she needs to just pray and God will provide...

They probably have some kind of handshake agreement that getting some further training will enable them to be real missionaries actually financially supported by the church or the southern baptist church ...association... thingummy.

I was just about to say this. It wouldn't surprise me if Derick is getting admission into the program for free in exchange for some work promoting/leading that C3 thing (which I am already sick of reading about on his social media). Especially if they are still living in the guest house and Cross Church doesn't have to provide accommodations.

7 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

I just came across this fragment again. Oh Jilly....

"If you told me he was good then he must be..." Yikes. Way to form your own opinions Jill.

2 hours ago, karen77 said:

"What if I don't need housing from Cross Church?

You will have the option during the application process to opt out of the housing component for a reduced program cost of $10,000."

(From their website)

So by that logic housing is only $2,000 a year!? That's less than $200 a month! 

Jill kind of reminds me of Edith from Downton Abbey* - sanctimonious, judgmental and defensive, but nothing ever really seems to go right for her. She just can't catch a break. Except I think Jill really was the golden child before she got married, and she thought marriage would just be an extension of that, that she would sort of have this perfect fundie existence where she'd have a cute little marriage and go on cute little mission trips and pop out a cute little baby every 16-18 months and be a cute little midwife, and sweetly lecture everyone else on contentment. Reality hit her hard. She must feel like all the wind's been knocked out of her.

I hope she's happier now that they don't have to go back to Central America, at least. The weird, super Americanized, shiny product version of Christianity that Cross Church is selling seems much more her speed. She can bake banana bread and decorate for baby showers and lead women's small groups, and you know what? That's absolutely fine. I hope the good Lord at least convicts her to take away her husband's social media passwords, though.

*Full disclosure, I watched the first three or four seasons way back when they were first airing but haven't seen it in ages.

18 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

So by that logic housing is only $2,000 a year!? That's less than $200 a month! 

That has to be dorms then? Right?

At least the idea of Dwreck vs Jeremy: Shitty Preacher Showdown sounds massively entertaining. 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That has to be dorms then? Right?

At least the idea of Dwreck vs Jeremy: Shitty Preacher Showdown sounds massively entertaining. 

Shouldn't this be a three-way showdown? Ben is supposedly still taking online classes through Moody Bible Institute [an actual accredited school that has existed since 1886, not some glorified church basement tuition scam]

FireandBrimstone Dome!  Three Preachers Enter! One Preacher Leaves!

So if we are assuming that Dwreck won't be living on campus (which is a fairly solid assumption, I think) then who wants to take bets about his attendance record??

he may have been a college student previously, however I'm willing to bet that even living in a dorm, without having a family to deal with each morning, he likely missed some classes or was at least late to a few of them. It's going to be that much harder to get out of the house on time each morning now that he has a wife and children to eat breakfast with and help get ready. Oh, who am I kidding....he won't help get them ready for the day!  Either way, I'm a bit skeptical that he will make it through the entire year, or if he does, perhaps they'll turn a blind eye to his bad behaviour because of his "celebrity status ". 

12 minutes ago, curlykate said:

Either way, I'm a bit skeptical that he will make it through the entire year

"God has told me to drop out" :-P

I wonder if Jillymuffin will drive him to and from work, maybe even bring him his lunch and possibly hang around the church all day with the littles because she needs to hang onto him so bad.

I also dont understand why they dont just enroll in an actual accredited program and get an actual education that isnt just further cult bs. 

@Buzzard Took the thought right out of my head as far as Jill is concerned. But then again it might be a little harder to be insanely clingy with 2 kids in tow (oh wait who am I kidding, we're already seeing tons of pics of Izzy at the TTH, pawned off to auntie moms, while Sam gets toted around) and the people in charge may not want Dwreck constantly being distracted while training so they may put their foot down to a point. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived