IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

The only way this all goes away is if people STOP watching. JB and M were the freak show draw. 19, uneducated and lazy offspring getting married and procreating like rabbits and grifting for a living by playing ministers is not a draw. It just is not. They are not special enough to warrant a TV show. People just need to stop watching.

13 minutes ago, MarcyMM said:

From what I can tell, it does look like a requirement for the program he's going into. Which, gross and fuck that place even more. Therefore, anyone's negative comments won't mean a thing to him. As far as he's concerned, we are the misguided ones.

If that's the case, they had better rescind Derick's spot as he's proving to be a dismal failure in the donation department.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If that's the case, they had better rescind Derick's spot as he's proving to be a dismal failure in the donation department.

The church probably gave him a spot cause they thought he'd bring positive attention to them and the program... nah. 

A lot of Catholic programs also have fundraising requirements.  

HOWEVER

It is NOT required that the money be crowd-sourced or publicly solicited or whatever.  You just have to make sure that money is in.  If you would RATHER pay that out of pocket, it is an option.  If you would rather ONLY solicit friends and family, and make up the difference, cool.  

It's good to give the option of fund raising to lower costs for those who cannot afford the program outright.  It's good to make it a requirement so that those people don't feel singled out.  It's also good to give participants discretion on how to raise those funds so that if they do not feel a public campaign is appropriate (e.g. this right here), they can source the money in a more appropriate manner.  

I HIGHLY doubt the program REQUIRES a public page like this.  Derick could have solicited personally or in a more appropriate manner.  He could have discussed this with church elders or program officials given his unique situation.  He could have used this moment to display Christian humility and gratitude.  

But those things are HARD, and Derick is lazy.  

Could it be this is all the family's doing?  Separate Jill and him....seemingly so that he can persue "education" but in reality to get him away from the family....maybe for good?  Is it possible Jill cried so much to JB that they both want that sorry excuse gone, but how to do it without raising eyebrows so to speak.   Uggg, I am tired and stressed, hope that made some sort of sense! LOL

@xlurkerSorry for quoting myself but I thought of this when he first started this whole fiasco.

How about this for speculation.....Derrick is so tired of Jill and his marriage, that HE is going into the program and Jill will remain at "home" (TTH?) raising the kids and Derrick will come home on weekends. Or maybe he won't. He will be too busy preaching/learning/scamming. When his time is up, he will gather up Jill and however many kids they will have by then and go open a church. Or conversely, he will stay at the school, again leaving Jill and kids at TTH and he will become an instructor. 

I have quite the imagination. 

2 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

@xlurkerSorry for quoting myself but I thought of this when he first started this whole fiasco.

How about this for speculation.....Derrick is so tired of Jill and his marriage, that HE is going into the program and Jill will remain at "home" (TTH?) raising the kids and Derrick will come home on weekends. Or maybe he won't. He will be too busy preaching/learning/scamming. When his time is up, he will gather up Jill and however many kids they will have by then and go open a church. Or conversely, he will stay at the school, again leaving Jill and kids at TTH and he will become an instructor. 

I have quite the imagination. 

Honestly, I could see him walking out once Jill has 7 boys under 12. 

Looks like the thread is now closed and the comments have been removed; I was following it on my laptop. He's still accepting donations, though.

Cowardly wanker. 

Ha--a few posters are leaving comments under "Backers", but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before those are noticed and removed as well. 

What really irritates me is that the amount of money he's trying to raise is pennies to JB. And while I'm not sure how the show money is dispensed to the grown and married kids, I'm almost positive Jill & Derrick have at least that much in the bank (if they haven't spent it all!). 

I know, why spend his hard earned *cough cough* money from the show when he can get some poor shmuck who doesn't want to feel cognitive dissonance to pay for it instead? 

Jill is JB's favorite, or at least was at one point. Jill could get that money from her daddy if they really needed it. And they don't! 

If Derrick does this Jill will be probably living at the TTH so he won't be paying for daycare, rent, or food for her and the kids so... it's just mind boggling how stupid this is! 

@socalrules , I think there are more details about the program (and @karen77, some screenshots of the donation page comments, too) around the middle of the thread - like maybe page 15 or so. Pretty sure I saw both a few days ago.

I'm not sure what's funnier; the fact that he had to turn off comments or that no one has donated in days.

I feel like if Derick some how goes out and open his own church he won't have to go far. At least in two of the counties Oklahoma that touches his part of Arkansas there is a crazy amount of churches with so called pastors that are less educated then Derrick

Apparently the "Lives Impacted" calculation comes from the Field Partner that's connected to the fundraiser, in this case, Cross Church. I'm operating on the assumption that despite Derick being an "individual" he still counts under the *umbrella* (yes, intentional word choice) of Cross Church.

The calculation is supposed to be "reasonable and rational". Ummm. Yeah. I'd really like to see the criteria Cross Church is using to make that calculation.

Lives Impacted - PC.PNG

I was wondering if any one else explored the purecharity website a bit more then just Derdick page? If anyone clicks on the Cross Church bit it comes with other fundraising being done in the name of the church.

Just some simple clicking but also because I have no life I thought that I would see if there are others asking for money and the amounts. Looks like most are asking for them same amount as Wannabe Pistol Jesus but at least two other potential classmates are asking $4500. Just from those posted on Pure Charity the fundraising total are just below $40000 for the sake of this school. But there are a couple other for trip Hatiti, NYC, Brazil, Africa.

Speaking of Africa it looks like that might be the international mission aspect for Derrick.

I screened capped the other pages and put them in an Imgur ablum (

)with links to the original page in the description.

Also while going through the other posting I found that there was a Karla Duggar fundraising page. Any known connections to our favorite self-righteous family that we like to snark on

Derick's shameless grifting stands in such contrast to the long term needs of  tens of thousands of Texas flood victims just one state away from Cross Church.  I don't think this is a good time to be beggin' for Jesus trips--the whole Arkansas/Texas/LA/OK area is going to be so focused on Hurricane relief for the rest of the year.

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Derick's shameless grifting stands in such contrast to the long term needs of  tens of thousands of Texas flood victims just one state away from Cross Church.  I don't think this is a good time to be beggin' for Jesus trips--the whole Arkansas/Texas/LA/OK area is going to be so focused on Hurricane relief for the rest of the year.

Exactly. Go to Texas and hand out supplies with the red cross or work in a shelter for a few weeks and post THOSE pics, D-wreck. That would a lot more helpful (and make people loathe you less) than hanging in the mcmansion reloading your donation page every three minutes.

Hmm...I'm going to be in Malawi in Setember.  I kind of wish I knew where they were going to be.  For purely rubbernecking reasons of course.

ETA: Internet sleuthing has shown me where they are going.  I might run into them as we fly out on the same day.  If my plans don't change I'll keep a lookout in the airport (shouldn't be hard as it's tiny).

So, do we actually know he's going to be staying on "campus" and not off campus at home with his family?? I thought that was an option. Or did I miss something? (I very well could have). I just think unless we know for sure, speculating that he's not staying at home (when I think that is an option, and likely) is kinda silly. But if he is, well, wtf is going on in their home?

14 minutes ago, karen77 said:

So, do we actually know he's going to be staying on "campus" and not off campus at home with his family?? I thought that was an option. Or did I miss something? (I very well could have). I just think unless we know for sure, speculating that he's not staying at home (when I think that is an option, and likely) is kinda silly. But if he is, well, wtf is going on in their home?

Yep, totally agree. How far is this church place from their home? Can't be that far to be too far to commute right? 

10 hours ago, klabourdeth said:

Also while going through the other posting I found that there was a Karla Duggar fundraising page. Any known connections to our favorite self-righteous family that we like to snark on

I noticed this yesterday, but her name is spelled DuggEr. Not likely to be related.

2 minutes ago, snickerz said:

I noticed this yesterday, but her name is spelled DuggEr. Not likely to be related.

Maybe, maybe not. My entire family (first- and second-degree relatives) spells my maiden surname THREE different ways. But we all pronounce it the same. lol

Derick, we know you read here- take it from us, assisting with hurricane relief would garner much more favorable comments and, dare I say, serve humanity better than whatever grifting trip you had planned. You can't convert people if you make yourself so hateable.

10 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Starcasm has a new report on Derick. So take it with a grain of salt. But it's interesting. 

http://starcasm.net/archives/375777

I can believe there is some truth to the story. Every time there is a Duggar scandal, TLC takes a hit with advertisers. Although I don't believe this is Josh level as I am not sure child molestation can be topped on the repulsiveness scale, Derrick's views and attack on Jazz, a child and member of the TLC family, is in no way defendable for TLC. Reality shows on basic cable shows are cheap to make and TLC can find another one that will bring in advertising without scandal. 

I don't think Counting On can go on much longer anyway. The stories are basically being repeated with different Duggars and they weren't interesting the first time. I think TLC keeps it on because it's cheap to make as the Duggars have no bargaining power/other options and will likely take anything they can get as far as salary. I wouldn't doubt Jazz is getting paid more than the Duggars, and I hope she is, because she is the star of her show and advertisers will likely pay more to air during her show. My guess is that In the remaining episodes, no matter how many are left, they will be edited to minimize Derrick. It's not as though he was in my way interesting and the audience was looking for more Derrick. 

7 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Reality shows on basic cable shows are cheap to make and TLC can find another one that will bring in advertising without scandal. 

They're already working on it. They have a new show called The Putnams about an extended family of 25 living under one roof.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived