IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Can someone explain to me how he is going to impact 2000 lives by getting this sham degree?

Maybe they need that many crayons where he is going. 

12 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

Just mulling on the Derick should be a better provider line of thought. In their gendered world of course it's true it would be better if he did live up to the gender expectation. But assuming because of Jill and the show they are financially fine, then doesn't it just reinforce traditional gender roles to say Derrick should give up pursuing a less lucrative hobby-passion and be the breadwinner? (Of course he should not grift, but let's forget about that for now). If Jill is providing for them as a reality star then why does he need to "man up and be the provider?" Maybe just grow up and take responsibility for financing your own hobbies. 

That's the thing, for me. They have an income, and it's from TLC. That is fine, and I do not think they should be shamed for making the choice. They're adults.  But there is no need to go cap-in-hand to fans when you can already afford to fund the course for yourself. 

(OTOH is people freely wish to donate to their fund, good luck to them)

I didn't grow up in a mission culture, and from what I can tell fundraising is common so I may be missing nuances. But isn't it the case, usually, that the person being supported is, for lack of a better term, qualified? 

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

You wanna help people, Derick? Hop in a boat and row your sorry ass to Houston.

Ugh, no.  Don't want his proselytizing anti-work butt anywhere near here right now.  However, apparently he's in to fundraising--he could close his current page and set up one for the victims.  We'll need water and building supplies way more than his brand of Jesus and piñata-making skills. 

26 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Maybe they need that many crayons where he is going. 

So not fun posting. I'll refrain. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Can someone explain to me how he is going to impact 2000 lives by getting this sham degree?

Possibly the amount of Duggar and Duggar-affiliated children they will collectively have to support as the years go on?

I tried to explain whats happening with the Dills to Mr. Luna.  Problem is, I’m still not sure what he is doing. I said that they decided to stop being fake missionaries in Central America and D is now taking a year long non accredited class to learn to be a fake missionary.  it kinda seams back ass wards.  but this is the Dills... 

With all apologies to The Offspring, I have a song for Derick:

Jill D's got a husband
Who's a clueless grift
He twitters every day
He attacks young teenagers just for being themselves
Cuz they live in a diff'rent way

He sits on his ass, 
She doesn't do much at all
The begging bowl's out every payday
Cuz they want more dinero just to stay at home
Well my friend 
You gotta say

I won't pay, I won't pay ya, no way
na-na, Why don't you get a job?
Say no way, say no way ya, no way
na-na, why don't you get a job?

I guess the donations, well it wasn't enough
To keep their bill collectors at bay
I guess all YOUR money, well it isn't enough
Cause those two got expensive taste

Well I guess it ain't easy doing nothing at all
But hey man free rides just don't come along
every day

Let me tell you about my other friend now

Jill Rod's got a husband, who enables her shit
Making Plexus vids every day
They want more dinero just to print in a shed
Well my friend
You gotta say

I won't give you no money, I always pay

na-na, Why don't you get a JOB?

On 8/27/2017 at 3:07 PM, foreign fundie said:

However, the Dillards can't just make a page like this. Living off support means you HAVE to be transparent, both to protect yourself against temptation of misusing funds, and to protect yourself against false accusations. I can understand since they are public figures they want to protect their privacy. However, you can't have it both ways. If you don't want to publicly disclose private affairs, you cannot do public fundraising. 

It's so depressing that they need to abide by strict systems of accountability to prevent themselves from enjoying physical intimacy with someone they love (prior to marriage), but the same concept of accountability isn't applied to any other sin. 

Greed is tempting! Adopt the same concept to hold yourself to your own standards, Dillards!

1 minute ago, NakedKnees said:

It's so depressing that they need to abide by strict systems of accountability to prevent themselves from enjoying physical intimacy with someone they love (prior to marriage), but the same concept of accountability isn't applied to any other sin. 

Greed is tempting! Adopt the same concept to hold yourself to your own standards, Dillards!

Frankly, I think it is INSULTING that they have the begging bowl out without first addressing their standard of living.  You want to go into ministry?  Fine, but you have to address the fact that this means that you will be making sacrifices.  You don't have to live in poverty, but you aren't going to sustain an upper middle class lifestyle.  Frankly, if you on your own can keep your family out of poverty, you have no business asking for money.  

I have little issue with people asking for help to make ends meet.  I have a HUGE issue with people asking me for money so that they do not have to lower their elevated standard of living and can continue to purchase luxuries that they can not afford.  I'm not going to give  up my money so that you can continue to live your life in new clothes and McMansions.  

Jill and Derick have a higher standard of living than most of their followers.  It is simply PREDATORY for them to ask their followers for cash. 

Dear Derick,

You have a Bachelor's degree in accounting and should be able to support your family on an accountant's salary. You do not have a background or education in ministry. What you are doing right now is a hobby, much like others have outside interests in sports, scouts, music or art. Adults do not get to beg others for money in order to partake in hobbies. If you want to have hobbies, YOU or YOUR WIFE need to work to provide for those additional financial wants. You clearly are too thin skinned to have a public career. You may as well face your reality and get a job that matches your skill set...the media and the ministry are both out for you at this time. Man up, shut up, and start taking care of your family like real men do every single day. Jesus would want YOU to provide for yourself and your family- he even gave you the skills to do so. 

My favorite comments on Derick's donation page are the ones using the bible to call out Derick.

1 Timothy 5:8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

I wonder what Derick and Jill are thinking now? He usually post bible quotes after being "attacked". They are quiet. Most of the comments are very negative and only two people have donated(one is probably Cathy). If they don't get more donations, what will they do?

Derick, take down the page and pay it yourself. You can afford it. Get a job, your "school" is one day a week.  Your TLC show won't last forever and I think your grifting is about to fail.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but be more like your brothers-in-law, that includes buying your own home and not depending on your father-in-law.

I wonder what Cathy and his brother are telling him about all these interesting decisions he is making for his family of 4. It is one thing to wonder across the globe when one is footloose and fancy free but yet quite another to take a wife and 2 kids. But then again he could just be taking a page out of the Rod's page of grifting. ugh.

Seriously Derrick- get a freaking job! And highly suggest 500 miles away from Duggarland. May I suggest Atlanta, Ga? Many HQs available in that area.

I don't think Derick wants to work anymore.  He did 9-5.   Then he semi-retired (or totally retired imo) taking a number of vacations in Central America each year for a couple of years.

Maybe a part-time gig, most retirees don't go back to full time.  

57 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Is the grifting a requirement from his program?

I've wondered this as well, both about Derick's program and about mission trips and "ministries" in general. I wonder if people are asked to raise money in order to show that other people think they are qualified and suited for the work, as a way to weed out candidates who aren't able to raise the money because people don't think them capable/ charismatic enough to do the mission/ministry.Even if the one interesting in going or pursuing the program has their own cash, I think it may not be just about the money but the belief in the interested party as well. If they can't get the support of their family and friends, how are they going to be able to influence strangers with their beliefs?

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

Is the grifting a requirement from his program?

I believe Grifting 101 is a pre-requisite for acceptance into the program.

This is what I posted to him yesterday

"If you would get a job you wouldn't need to scam people out of their hard earned money. Paul said something like if you would eat, work. He was a tent maker by trade.Luke was a doctor, Peter was a fisherman. Work to support your ministry. In Genesis, Adam was told to earn his bread by the sweat of his brow."

15 hours ago, calimojo said:

The thing is though, Derick bought into the patriarchy, which means that he is obligated to provide for his family.  Even if the bulk of the money coming in is from the Show, and from any money that Jill earned on the original show,  That doesn't take Derick out of the equation.  His job as headship is to shepherd his family, including finances.  This is what he agreed to  when he courted and filled out that questionnaire.  He also told JB that he would never borrow money, or live outside of their means.  I guess JB should also ask his future son's in law if they will ever beg for money, as well as borrow. 

Derick has made some poor choices.  Jill either agrees with him, or is powerless to object when it is obvious that his choices are unsafe, and unwise.  I am happy for jill and babies that Derick has moved away from the idea of CA,  but in a year, then what?  Derick doesn't seem content to settle in NWA.  I think he will have a new hare brained scheme by then and will drag Jill and the kids of again on a useless and misguided mission trip.

Derick should have stayed single, where he could travel the world and play missionary, without dragging a family all over with him.   Maybe JB will offer to support Derick on some long distance mission job but insist that Jill has to stay stateside.  That could be a whole storyline, how Jill keeps the home fires burning while her wonderful missionary husband goes out to spread the word of Jesus to heathens. 

He has all the hallmarks of John Schroeder = self righteous, loud mouthed, lazy, self indulgent, completely useless.

I really love the comments. And how delusional people are. Some of them actually believe that he's doing gds work. Wow.

So, Dwreck wants to impact lives. Guessing by the comments in the donations page he has, he has helped many people find their inner activist in order to point out what a shyster grifter he is.

Seriously though, what vision does he have?

Finally Dillard work for something with your able body and brain your creator gave you. Just get off your ass and work.

I would LOVE if Counting On got real and addressed questions like why Derick doesn't work, what does Ben do for work, how does the family feel when Derick hate tweets about teenage girls, etc. Instead it's 10 minutes of the world's most boring show that is recapped for 6 episodes and hyped up with commercials featuring big fake smiles and the mustard sweater. How about some real questions and real answers, TLC?! Stop letting dirt bags like Derick Dillard get off so easy. 

I would love to have real interviews, and even better psychologists analyze it, or sociologists. It will never happen but I so want to know and understand what they are thinking.

From what I can tell, it does look like a requirement for the program he's going into. Which, gross and fuck that place even more. Therefore, anyone's negative comments won't mean a thing to him. As far as he's concerned, we are the misguided ones.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived