IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 47

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, marmalade said:

James attended Tiffy's baby shower with his flaky Bates counterpart, Trace. 

He was at both events. A pic of Tiffany and him at the graduation party was also posted.

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2024 at 9:24 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Nike Jason! Nike!

7AF5B546-A994-4F4F-9131-4C712A7BCEFC.jpeg

Steroid body.....

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 5/6/2024 at 12:19 PM, dawn9476 said:

He was at both events. A pic of Tiffany and him at the graduation party was also posted.

I'm scared he may be courting one of the 2 remaining bates girls 😬😬😬

• Upvote 3

I always figured if there was a Bates Duggar pairing, it would be the younger kids. I think the older kids kind of grew up together in their insular IBLP world and I figured they just weren’t attracted to each other. Because they probably spent as much time together like cousins. But the families don’t seem to spend as much time together as they used to. So I don’t know if all the youngest Bates and Duggar kids feel like they are almost like family. 

• Upvote 8

I dunno. I couldn’t see a bates duggar marriage anymore.  Agreed if anyone it would be the younger kids but I just think the bates swim in a bigger gene pool now that they won’t fish from the Duggar one 

• Upvote 11

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always figured if there was a Bates Duggar pairing, it would be the younger kids. I think the older kids kind of grew up together in their insular IBLP world and I figured they just weren’t attracted to each other. Because they probably spent as much time together like cousins. But the families don’t seem to spend as much time together as they used to. So I don’t know if all the youngest Bates and Duggar kids feel like they are almost like family. 

Yes, now there's no pressure towards that. TLC pushed for a Duggar-Bates inter-marriage and even edited the show accordingly; whenever John-David was near Erin they milked it. But now, the youngest kids COULD connect in that way. Or maybe even one of the Bates sons with Mackynzie.......Judson is only one year younger. But by then we may never know anyway.

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I dunno. I couldn’t see a bates duggar marriage anymore.  Agreed if anyone it would be the younger kids but I just think the bates swim in a bigger gene pool now that they won’t fish from the Duggar one 

It’s weird to me that the Duggars who actually had the ability to give their kids more (experiences, education, exposure to more influential people)and chose not to, and the more average Bates family has allowed their kids to explore and widen their worlds. I do not think a B girl would be satisfied with the life a D boy would provide. Maybe a D girl with a B boy, but I am not familiar enough with the ages of all the younger kids to know if that would work or not.

It seems like many of the D-2s will not be as successful as JB/M. I think the B-2s are off to a better start.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

57 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It’s weird to me that the Duggars who actually had the ability to give their kids more (experiences, education, exposure to more influential people)and chose not to, and the more average Bates family has allowed their kids to explore and widen their worlds. I do not think a B girl would be satisfied with the life a D boy would provide. Maybe a D girl with a B boy, but I am not familiar enough with the ages of all the younger kids to know if that would work or not.

It seems like many of the D-2s will not be as successful as JB/M. I think the B-2s are off to a better start.

I don’t think I can agree with this Bates/Duggar comparison. When looking at the five Bates guys age 21 and older, three of them (Zach, Lawson and Trace) seem to have “careers” based on social media. Nathan B and John D seem to have the exact same careers, aviation/Medicorps, so no advantage to either family there. Jackson B seems to have a steady job in Florida, but his previous employer was actually Jason D. I’ll leave Josh out of since he’s in prison. Joe and Josiah have chosen private lives currently, so I don’t want to speculate on them. Jed, Jeremiah, Jason and James all seem to be running their own businesses probably based on financial support from JB. Justin works for his father-in-law in his business. I don’t really see the Bates guys as more successful or prepared for life than the Duggar guys.

On the B/D women comparison, they all seem pretty similar. Most of them are balancing homeschooling with social media influencing and social media based businesses. The D women have much larger social media followings, so maybe they don’t need to hustle as much as the B women. None of them really lead extravagant lifestyles, but they all appear very comfortable.

• Upvote 6

On 5/11/2024 at 7:17 PM, JDuggs said:

I don’t think I can agree with this Bates/Duggar comparison. When looking at the five Bates guys age 21 and older, three of them (Zach, Lawson and Trace) seem to have “careers” based on social media. Nathan B and John D seem to have the exact same careers, aviation/Medicorps, so no advantage to either family there. Jackson B seems to have a steady job in Florida, but his previous employer was actually Jason D. I’ll leave Josh out of since he’s in prison. Joe and Josiah have chosen private lives currently, so I don’t want to speculate on them. Jed, Jeremiah, Jason and James all seem to be running their own businesses probably based on financial support from JB. Justin works for his father-in-law in his business. I don’t really see the Bates guys as more successful or prepared for life than the Duggar guys.

On the B/D women comparison, they all seem pretty similar. Most of them are balancing homeschooling with social media influencing and social media based businesses. The D women have much larger social media followings, so maybe they don’t need to hustle as much as the B women. None of them really lead extravagant lifestyles, but they all appear very comfortable.

I don't think it's so much the money or the things they will do, but I do think the Bates women have had a taste of moving in different social circles and they wouldn't want a life under the Jboob/Meech thumb. Like Alyssa (?) may home school and all that but her in-law is in the legislature; Josie (? or is that Katie?) has a husband who is a musician with a certain amount of success and there is travel, etc. Can you see any Duggar daughters or in-laws all dolled up in chic, form-fitting dresses walking through Central Park with Michelle? Even the boutique seems to be a real business and at least one (Josie?) has an actual career. However steeped in the Kool Aid, and even having Erin and Michael as older sisters, I think a younger Bates woman would rather be an Alyssa or a josie/katie (can't keep them straight) or even a Whitney than an Anna Duggar. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I don't think it's so much the money or the things they will do, but I do think the Bates women have had a taste of moving in different social circles and they wouldn't want a life under the Jboob/Meech thumb. Like Alyssa (?) may home school and all that but her in-law is in the legislature; Josie (? or is that Katie?) has a husband who is a musician with a certain amount of success and there is travel, etc. Can you see any Duggar daughters or in-laws all dolled up in chic, form-fitting dresses walking through Central Park with Michelle? Even the boutique seems to be a real business and at least one (Josie?) has an actual career. However steeped in the Kool Aid, and even having Erin and Michael as older sisters, I think a younger Bates woman would rather be an Alyssa or a josie/katie (can't keep them straight) or even a Whitney than an Anna Duggar. 

The Duggar family is much more famous than the Bates family. I sometimes forget that because they seem so similar to me. Jill wrote a best selling memoir and was all over the news. This is way different than any Bates daughter. She married to an actual attorney who received a real education, different than any Bates daughter. Jinger lives in LA, also wrote a book, does social media influencing and rubs elbows with Christian conservatives like Candace Cameron  Bure and Mel Gibson, different than any Bates daughter. Jessa and Joy are homeschooling mothers with broods similar to Erin, Alyssa and Tori B. Carlin, Katie and Josie B hustle and work because they want a certain lifestyle that the Duggar women don’t have to work as hard for. And Josie and Carlin will probably have smaller families due to their fertility/health issues. I think the Duggar women have capitalized on their fame while the Bates women have capitalized on their looks. I don’t really see one family as more aspirational than the other.

• Upvote 5

I’d rather be a Bates if for no reason other than trading in a history of sexual abuse for no sexual abuse. Honestly, I’d give anything not to have that history. 

• I Agree 4
  • Love 6

Have we discussed this already? 

Jana wrote a happy mother's day message and someone named Lauren Forsyth commented that actually Jana raised the kids. 

Is the commenter related to Joy somehow? 

Screenshot_20240514_135059.jpg

Screenshot_20240514_133527_edit_1080642855092395.jpg

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, flowergirl said:

Have we discussed this already? 

Jana wrote a happy mother's day message and someone named Lauren Forsyth commented that actually Jana raised the kids. 

Is the commenter related to Joy somehow? 

Screenshot_20240514_135059.jpg

Screenshot_20240514_133527_edit_1080642855092395.jpg

I’m sure it’s a snarker. But it is the truth. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

On 5/13/2024 at 7:38 PM, JDuggs said:

The Duggar family is much more famous than the Bates family. I sometimes forget that because they seem so similar to me. Jill wrote a best selling memoir and was all over the news. This is way different than any Bates daughter. She married to an actual attorney who received a real education, different than any Bates daughter. Jinger lives in LA, also wrote a book, does social media influencing and rubs elbows with Christian conservatives like Candace Cameron  Bure and Mel Gibson, different than any Bates daughter. Jessa and Joy are homeschooling mothers with broods similar to Erin, Alyssa and Tori B. Carlin, Katie and Josie B hustle and work because they want a certain lifestyle that the Duggar women don’t have to work as hard for. And Josie and Carlin will probably have smaller families due to their fertility/health issues. I think the Duggar women have capitalized on their fame while the Bates women have capitalized on their looks. I don’t really see one family as more aspirational than the other.

But Jill, Jinger and Joy aren’t married to Duggar men. I just suspect the younger Bates girls would rather not be an Anna or Kendra. They might be fine marrying lawyers, contractors or preachers who aren’t Duggars

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, patsymae said:

But Jill, Jinger and Joy aren’t married to Duggar men. I just suspect the younger Bates girls would rather not be an Anna or Kendra. They might be fine marrying lawyers, contractors or preachers who aren’t Duggars

Okay, I was forgetting the idea of who would want to marry into what family. I don’t think the younger Bates girls would aspire to their own sister Tori’s life either which seems similar to Anna’s (minus the felon for a spouse) or Kendra’s. But they also might think Abbie Duggar has a good life with a smaller family size and working outside the home. I think there’s a lot of variety among the different lifestyles of both families. But Addee and Ellie seem to have very different personalities. I could see one staying in skirts forever and one making the honeymoon switch to jeans. In general, I just don’t see one family as better than the other.

I don’t really see any potential matches between the families now. The only Bates boy who might be interested in a Duggar girl is Isaiah, but he actually seems too religious for the remaining Duggar girls. Although we haven’t had much evidence of his personality lately, Jackson D seems too goofy for the Bates girls and the older D guys don’t seem like a good fit either.

• Upvote 1