IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

Don't forget the added bonus that if he is away from home more, he will have less opportunities to get his poor broodmare pregnant

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really burns me up is that the Duggars and their ilk would be the first to tell homeless people to get a job (never mind that many homeless people have mental problems, substance abuse issues, and sometimes domestic abuse they are fleeing, any combination of which makes getting a job difficult) when they themselves are not job-type people. They really do seem to think that their mere presence is a "ministry" that needs to be supported with public donations.

Never forget guys, it's okay when the duggars and duggar families to ask for money rather than us heathens. Also work just seems wayyy to hard for little dwerck and jill! (all the sarcasm).

@Cleopatra7 That reminds me how Ted Cruz is asking funding for Texas in the wake of Harvey (which they should obviously get) but when Sandy hit a few years ago, he among John Coryn were like nah we're cutting down the amount of funding you all need. It's only okay to fund when it affects you personally, if it's anyone else then nah.

51 minutes ago, Drala said:

He strikes me as someone who, within his cultural context, sorely needs an older male authority figure like dad to smack him upside the head, tell him to stop with all the foolishness and to man up to his responsibilities as a husband and father.

I volunteer as Tribute!

Jill was the most duped by her spouse. He appears to be most like Jim Bob; grifty, grubby, has to have the last word and have people laugh at his terrible little quips.
He had such promise; he was a decent looking guy, mainstream college education, had a great job when he returned from his Jesus Job and seemed like he might be "normal".
But no: he is the worst Duggar spouse. And the red flag was there; he reached out to Jim Bob for a prayer partner which blatantly is a cover for "hey I'm super into Jesus and a young godly man. Please help me pray/send me $$$$ but lolz maybe also set me up with the daughter of your choosing?" 

But Jill really wanted a man just like her daddy. In her wedding special, right before they're about to walk down the aisle, she tells Jim Bob that she wanted a man like him, and that if he (Jim Bob) said that he (Derick) was good, he must be good. I still think she got a raw deal, but she literally asked for a man just like her pops. Be careful what you wish for?

(I personally think Derick is worse than Jim Bob, but that's beside the point.)

I'm really amazed that those comments haven't been deleted from the charity page. Since I first looked last night when there were 90 comments - the vast majority of them negative - the number has nearly doubled, and most are still very negative.

I don't really understand about Fundy churches, but does this mean the Dillards won't be going to the Caldwell church with the rest of the Duggars?  Or are they and Cross Church of the same flavour, so it's ok.

I just can't get over a reality tv star begging for money to do his "course". AND there's the court case they're expecting to win, which (if the Duggars divide it equally between the 4 daughters bringing it, which I do doubt) is multi-millions for the Dillards.  If they're bringing it expecting to win, why not wait until next year to do the course, and fund it from the winnings?

If Jill goes with him on the course, that's only 1 establishment to run - but given they get free housing, it wouldn't be a huge amount to run 2 homes.  But still, it's completely ridiculous that this grown man expects all his whims to be funded by fans - such hubris!

I had another look at the fund raising page. First of all, not much progress on the money front. $125. Does that perhaps mean some Duggar fans are coming to their senses? 

Secondly, there is this thing on the sidebar saying that he will impact 2000 people with his cross church missions. I wonder how they calculate something so immaterial as 'impact' and can even vaguely predict how many people Derick would meet or have meaningful contact with. Even looking back the impact you made on people's lives is impossible to estimate, let alone looking forward. So unless he is going to do something very tangible, such as providing drinking water for a village of 2000, I call this BS. Not calling out Derick in particular, but the general trend of having to put a number on everything.

Lastly, I think I want to argue that fundraising for Christian training by people who really desire to better serve others is not a bad thing. Investing in each other as believers and through that impacting the world is a great thing.

However, the Dillards can't just make a page like this. Living off support means you HAVE to be transparent, both to protect yourself against temptation of misusing funds, and to protect yourself against false accusations. I can understand since they are public figures they want to protect their privacy. However, you can't have it both ways. If you don't want to publicly disclose private affairs, you cannot do public fundraising. 

Things they would have to disclose to regain credibility:

- Their financial status. Explain why they cannot pay their own way in spite of TLC money and a wealthy, Christian father who is all for mission.

- Explain how much money they got for their CA mission and how this money was used.

- Explain why they were only on the field half the time during their two years working in CA and why they quit 

- Explain why this course is important, what they want to achieve with it, what the budget is and what (of any) they contribute themselves.

- Share names of people who are in their accountability team, or if they don't have one, explain why. 

-A reference or two and a declaration from their church that they support the Dillard's vision.

I guess I am immature but I find this whole thing absolutely amazing. A new grifting scenario. It is beyond fascinating to see grown people do this. And the Dullards still have a free house and car i assume. 

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Never forget guys, it's okay when the duggars and duggar families to ask for money rather than us heathens. Also work just seems wayyy to hard for little dwerck and jill! (all the sarcasm).

@Cleopatra7 That reminds me how Ted Cruz is asking funding for Texas in the wake of Harvey (which they should obviously get) but when Sandy hit a few years ago, he among John Coryn were like nah we're cutting down the amount of funding you all need. It's only okay to fund when it affects you personally, if it's anyone else then nah.

I think part of it is that ideological conservatives might believe in charity, but are less keen on 'big government' spending. I wonder if he's revised the amount he thinks is appropriate in light of this.

With climate change, we might as well increase the budget and invest in infrastructure now tbh

Someone on the grifting page said they donated to the Dullards when they first started grifting and tried to take them up on the refund they offered. Never happened, and this person got blocked on their Facebook for asking about it.

I wonder what JB is doing regarding the issues Derick is creating. We know he isn't going to sit on the sidelines, he has to be doing something.

I already think he told Derick no more Central America and this is Dericks way of getting back at him perhaps.

I honestly think the fame went to Derick's head. He's received free gifts and money since he started courting Jill. Remember they got nearly everything they registered for and a full list of things they didn't. What makes Derick's grifting so bad is that he is a reality star. The Dillard have money. He is greedy. He knows that they have fans who will donate and give them things.

Is Derick just like Jim Bob? I don't think she married a guy like her father(or maybe she did in the beginning). I wonder what the family thinks about Derick now. It seem clear now that they wanted Jill back in the U.S. The Duggars were/are grifters,but not like this or this openly.

Who will get through to Derick? JB, Cathy? Dan? Or is he a lost cause? I had hope coming back to the U.S. was a good sign for the Dillards.

@Cleopatra7 Exactly! Wasn't part of the Dillards' "mission" in CA training people in skills so that they could better pull themselves up by their bootstraps? Because it's sooo important for everyone to have a good work ethic and not depend on other people for provision... unless it's us, of course.

I hate to defend Jim Bob but Jill did not marry a man like her father. We can talk crap about Jim Bob and Michelle but they did work their tails off prior to getting the reality show. They may have been super cheap but they had saved enough to spend $250k for Jim Bob to run for Senate. That is not easy to do. With the show, Jim Bob saw an opportunity for freebies and took it. I think had they not had the show they still would have been ok, just not as rich, because Jim Bob and Michelle do have a work ethic. Then again, they didn't have anyone to fall back on if they decided not to work. Derrick likely knows he came refuse to work because Jim Bob and Michelle will always financially support Jill and the kids if necessary. No one is going hungry or without medical care. 

15 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

@Cleopatra7 Exactly! Wasn't part of the Dillards' "mission" in CA training people in skills so that they could better pull themselves up by their bootstraps? Because it's sooo important for everyone to have a good work ethic and not depend on other people for provision... unless it's us, of course.

The "skills" the Dullards were supposedly teaching seemed more like glorified arts and crafts for adults, not the kind of things that a grown adult could use to support a family, much less the bajillionty kids for Aryan Jesus that Christians are supposed to be having. The whole endevour was just a way for Derick to play white savior when he hadn't done jack.

39 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

not the kind of things that a grown adult could use to support a family,

Oh, I dunno. Walmart needs LOTS of pinatas....

19 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

And the woman tellin everyone to go find themselves a man at a MAGA rally. Hard no on that one.

She seems like a real fun gal.

I REALLY, REALLY wanted to reply to her!

Then I had a momentary flash of what life with Naugler level doxxing might be...

20 hours ago, Season of life... said:

Derick, many people do humanitarian work in their own local areas. On weekends or evenings. After working all week. At a paying job to support their family. They are "present" at personal cost to themselves, not others. 

Exactly, before I went back to college and university. I worked 4 or 5 days in KFC and volunteered in a charity shop two days a week. It was for a local hospice. I didn't grift to do it.

Derek has a degree he isn't using. He could easily work a 9-5 job and do his but for the church at evenings and weekends. Lots of people do it.

18 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Then I had a momentary flash of what life with Naugler level doxxing might be...

What's that about?!

2 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

What's that about?!

Oh my.

I am not sure one can merely EXPLAIN the Nauglers.

One must actually EXPERIENCE the Nauglers.

(They have their own subforum... at your own risk) 

1 minute ago, Nikedagain? said:

Oh my.

I am not sure one can merely EXPLAIN the Nauglers.

One must actually EXPERIENCE the Nauglers.

(They have their own subforum... at your own risk) 

Oh, I know about the Nauglers!  I haven't  gone there after initially reading when they hit the news, of course, I came here and FJ never disappoints.

I meant the Naugler level doxxing part.  Do tell!

23 hours ago, metheglyn said:

I was just interested in whether all fundraisers had comment sections or if they could be turned off. So far I haven't managed to answer that question.

Looks like they do.  One of Derick's "classmates" is only asking for $4500.

snip 1.PNG

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived