IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

Reader:

on a hot summer day, how long should my shorts be to ensure that I don't tempt anyone into lust?

Maybe Lori could just post the recent picture of herself in shorts.  I thought those were a great example of godly modesty.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Millie Pierce:

I would like to respectfully ask you to answer this question: What about World War 2? Most of the men were off fighting so the women had to work full time to take care of their families and also to build the planes and weapons needed to fight.

Lori:

I don’t teach what happened in history and try to surmise how it all turned out, Millie. I teach what God commands older women to teach younger women and His ways are always best. No one can replace a mother in a child’s life.

Lori would not have survived World War 2.

8 hours ago, Petronella said:

But homeschooling doesn't necessarily preclude university. I took it as her saying that these homeschooled-as-children future presidents had been educated well enough by their mothers to then get into those elite colleges and do well, not that they were only homeschooled and nothing else, ever. At least, that's the way I have always heard it in the homeschooling world in general.

So, saying "so-and-so went to Harvard" doesn't undermine the assertion; it actually supports it. (While "so-and-so had tutors" or "so-and-so went to the local school" does undermine the argument.)

This is not to defend Lori, just to defend semantics! :-D

Well, most actually DID go to school. Very few didn't have any sort of formal education. Also you are operating under the assumption that Lori has that sort of forethought. She meant homeschooling. She has never shown herself capable of deep thought or historical awareness of any type. This is a woman who thinks no woman worked in the past and the Proverbs 31 woman never left her house to do any of the things the Bible says she did. 

If it was anyone else, I would have got the meaning behind it, but this is Lori and that isn't what she was saying. She doesn't have meaning. She thinks University is unnecessary for most people. She thinks a person who is said to have considered a field and bought it only ever bought one field in her life. She thinks life in the past was always like the 1950s sitcoms where mom stayed home and dad worked and they had children and a nice house in a nice neighborhood. This is not a woman who understands anything historical. She heard it and repeated it without any thought and used to justify her stance that women don't need to be educated higher. Hope she at least thinks they should be literate to homeschool. 

Lori said NO ONE needs to go to college unless they want to be a doctor or lawyer and no woman should go to college at all (ignore that fact that she did and her daughter did and her other daughter went to a post secondary traveling dance company to further her dance career and her non-doctor or lawyer son also went to college and got a degree-he works with Ken). 

Since none of the college-educated presidents were entirely homeschooled beforehand (unless tutors count), I believe is does undermine the argument. So, yeah, I don't feel claiming many of our Presidents were homeschooled is accurate. Also, Lori barely homeschooled her children at all. She sent them to public and private schools so she's not one to talk. She also sent them to private and public universities. So, she's really one to talk against sending children to college. Again, do as Lori says, not as she does. Always. 

Lori has to ignore history and reality, because if she acknowledged it, she'd have to admit that her advice is worthless.

She has fully embraced self induced ignorance.

2 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Since none of the college-educated presidents were entirely homeschooled beforehand (unless tutors count), I believe is does undermine the argument. So, yeah, I don't feel claiming many of our Presidents were homeschooled is accurate. Also, Lori barely homeschooled her children at all. She sent them to public and private schools so she's not one to talk. She also sent them to private and public universities. So, she's really one to talk against sending children to college. Again, do as Lori says, not as she does. Always. 

That's fine. I'm not a Lori fan. I'm not even a fan of the homeschooling-in-the-olden-days defense of modern homeschooling. You and I agree on most things.

I only pointed this out because in your original answer to the "presidents were homeschooled" trope (and it's a standard homeschool trope) you spent a lot of words on showing where they went to university. But where someone goes to university doesn't have anything to do with whether or not they were homeschooled. Homeschooled kids grow up and go to university all the time. That doesn't negate the fact that they were homeschooled.

Please note: I'm not defending either Lori or this trope! Just pointing out that her very unclear writing seemed to have led you to a misunderstanding about the trope itself. That's all.

9 minutes ago, Petronella said:

That's fine. I'm not a Lori fan. I'm not even a fan of the homeschooling-in-the-olden-days defense of modern homeschooling. You and I agree on most things.

I only pointed this out because in your original answer to the "presidents were homeschooled" trope (and it's a standard homeschool trope) you spent a lot of words on showing where they went to university. But where someone goes to university doesn't have anything to do with whether or not they were homeschooled. Homeschooled kids grow up and go to university all the time. That doesn't negate the fact that they were homeschooled.

Please note: I'm not defending either Lori or this trope! Just pointing out that her very unclear writing seemed to have led you to a misunderstanding about the trope itself. That's all.

I was more pointing out there that the majority of our presidents did go to college while Lori thinks college education isn't necessary for the majority of people while at the same time talking about our presidents. It was two different things but likely didn't make that clear and so apologize for that. The college info was to state that college is necessary today if your child is to become a US President. 

FYI, her original comment was a bit all over the place with homeschooling and Presidents and no one really needs an education anyway and I was trying to make sense of her nonsense. Apologies for confusion. 

8 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

3. Made sure pregnant women grew feathers or fur on their chests during pregnancy to give modest cover

I can hear it now,"Omg, did you notice that she has feathers coming in? I didn't even know she was pregnant" 

Lori would find a way to be offended at this. As soon as your feathers start coming in you should begin covering your chest. No man would want to see your fertility feathers and leaving them exposed is tempting.

This comment is now deleted:

on a hot summer day, how long should my shorts be to ensure that I don't tempt anyone into lust?

Why wouldn't The Modest Mentor answer that?  Seems like a perfect opportunity for Lori to show her the picture of herself in shorts.  Then the reader would know what is acceptable for a godly older woman, who is known for her modest dress.  Lori speaks for The God of the Universe, you know!

She's paranoid. She thinks any comment about shorts is now referring to the picture of her and mocking her or trying to start something. 

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

God didn't say this stuff. Paul did. And it doesn't mean what she thinks it does. 

That describes the vast majority of her posts, actually.

4 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

I was more pointing out there that the majority of our presidents did go to college while Lori thinks college education isn't necessary for the majority of people while at the same time talking about our presidents. It was two different things but likely didn't make that clear and so apologize for that. The college info was to state that college is necessary today if your child is to become a US President. 

FYI, her original comment was a bit all over the place with homeschooling and Presidents and no one really needs an education anyway and I was trying to make sense of her nonsense. Apologies for confusion. 

Yes, her thoughts on the matter are messy indeed! And you're right to point out how ill-informed her valuation of college is.

Sorry that I made you feel like you had to apologise. I didn't mean to come across that way. We're good, @dairyfreelife

31 minutes ago, SusanDelgado said:

She's paranoid. She thinks any comment about shorts is now referring to the picture of her and mocking her or trying to start something. 

I think in this case she'd be right!

4 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

If it was anyone else, I would have got the meaning behind it, but this is Lori and that isn't what she was saying. She doesn't have meaning. She thinks University is unnecessary for most people. She thinks a person who is said to have considered a field and bought it only ever bought one field in her life.

And she thinks the field the Proverbs woman bought was right next door to her house so she didn't actually have to leave her house to buy it.

And she only sold cloth, or whatever it was, to people passing by her door.  And her kids were all standing right next to her when she did all of these things, even though Proverbs never said this.

Lori sayeth and that's good enough.

6 hours ago, EowynW said:

God didn't say this stuff. Paul did. And it doesn't mean what she thinks it does. 

According to modern textual research, Paul didn't even write half of it.  Lori is following one or more forgers/imposters.  This makes me smile. 

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

And she thinks the field the Proverbs woman bought was right next door to her house so she didn't actually have to leave her house to buy it.

And she only sold cloth, or whatever it was, to people passing by her door.  And her kids were all standing right next to her when she did all of these things, even though Proverbs never said this.

Except nevermind the fact that the Bible says she LEAVES HER HOUSE to inspect and buy land and GOES to the market. 

Granted the Proverbs 31 woman wasn't a real person, but she was the ideal wife. 

4 hours ago, kpmom said:

Proverbs 31:13, 24

She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. ... She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.

Flax is used to make linen. She 'selected' the flax... Did she buy it at the market? Did she cultivate it herself and choose from among her own harvest?

Did she spin and dye the flax? Did she make her own dyes? Did she outsource those tasks? Or did she buy completed fabrics?

Did she spin her own thread and make her own needles?

Did she sew bespoke garments for individuals? Ready-to-wear garments for merchants? Both?

There are a boatload of unknowns here. And this only concerning the flax and the linen garments.

No one knows the answers - including Lori. She is drawing her own conclusions and inserting her own "facts" to support her own agenda.

Has anyone seen the history of Disney princess on f/b or YouTube? If not here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDvylXjDt8g   (It is 8 minutes but don't worry it is NOTHING like Jill Rod's videos)

What I found interesting is the words of the first 3 princesses - waiting for the prince, etc. How does this belong on the Lori thread? Well, I think Lori stopped with Snow White on the evolution of Disney Princess time line. :D 

So I checked out what Wikipedia says about Proverbs 31. That's where I found a link to this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_womanhood

No mention of Lori:

"Notable writers include Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Susan Hunt, Mary Kassian, Carolyn Mahaney, Dorothy Patterson, and Priscilla Shirer. Edith Schaeffer's 1971 book, The Hidden Art of Homemaking, has been described as "perhaps unintentionally, a landmark book for proponents of biblical womanhood.""

(on mobile - can't quote)

11 hours ago, Joyce said:

Millie Pierce:

Lori:

Lori would not have survived World War 2.

Both my grandmothers knew several women who managed to avoid any of the patriotic labour that was expected of British women during WWII.

In fact my maternal GM boasted of how she managed not to work outside the home while my GF in a reserved occupation, doing ARP evenings and week-ends while still cultivating his allotment.

I'm reasonably sure Lori would have turned her talents to shaming other non-participating women while supping on black-market chocolate.

John******   No marriage is a partnership no lead no followers it is making decisions together not separate .

Gordon*****   John I understand that this is your personal conviction. And I would assume by your comment that you don't know God nor do you identify your self as a Christian.
You do understand that the author of this site is promoting what pleases God, right

According to the world system, you are right, but according to God, who created marriage, you are wrong.
So to rephrase your comment, you basically are saying that God is wrong and you are right?
Check out what He says about this matter?
“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.”
Ephesians 5:22-24 KJV

John*****  I’m just  saying if you truly love someone you do not demand they follow your every whim when you marry you become a couple not a man and a slave and I resent you saying I'm not a christian I believe and trust in our lord.

I think Lori is promoting Fundie views with a little twist of her own.  

Goron is referencing the Bible literally to make his point.  And, the  (if you don’t believe what I believe then you are not a “true”  Christian  … card )  … so typical.  

11 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Except nevermind the fact that the Bible says she LEAVES HER HOUSE to inspect and buy land and GOES to the market. 

Granted the Proverbs 31 woman wasn't a real person, but she was the ideal wife. 

She was probably in her godly gold Mercedes, so it was okay. eta: Or Cadillac? Whatever.

It definitely wasn't something cheap and satanic like a Hyundai or Nissan or something.

I cannot figure out what these morons mean by "real men" and "women aren't allowed to be feminine." What exactly does that mean? 

Mr. EW is not a he man. Never will be. He confessed when he was growing up he thought maybe he might be gay ONLY because he didn't like hunting, football, etc etc and enjoyed picking out his own clothes and had an eye for style, and never wanted a wife to boss around. my heart broke for him. I've known him since he was 9. He's a "real man" in every way that matters. 

19429764_1918502191497146_7138200011494396139_n.jpg.3010b84ba4dcc1eb9a8fa71314be0ba7.jpg

This sounds very good Lori.  But how do you square this with the Pearl book, “To Train Up a Child”, a manual of child abuse?   You know … the one you recommend, and the one you used on your kids?

You say you “flicked the nursing baby’s cheek” when he/she bit you, because “you weren’t going to put up with that” and you beat your kids into submission but they don’t even remember it because you did it all under the age of 5

What a hypocrite!   Child abuse is one thing I have ZERO tolerance for.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived