IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

Feministxtain, I think there's a lot of depression sufferers here so you have tons of sympathy! Depression can be sneaky, just hit you like a ton of bricks suddenly or so gradual that you don't notice. It is a lifelong battle in many cases. I feel like I'm one crisis away from losing it sometimes. Meds really are a lifesaver. They get me to the point where I can use other tools to claw my way up again. 

So just know that some of us are going through similar stuff & we're sending good vibes your way!

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

My faith helps...a lot. But, that's in conjunction with the friends and husband and meds.

Sending you good thoughts! It's wonderful that your faith and the people in your life can help you through difficult times.

That's what I don't get about so much of the fundie mental health "advice"... what's the harm in combining strong faith, social support and mainstream medicine (medication and/or therapy)? Like, there's not some rule that limits people  to 1 of the 3.

Lori's oldest daughter is enjoying her beachside vacay, complete with multiple bikini pics. Cue angry blog post soon. 

7 hours ago, Liza said:

Is Fundamentalism a mental illness?    It seems to be a mindset so different from all that makes sense to me.

I think it is a VERY REAL deception in the church.  I think it is a cult.  They may have the essential beliefs of Christianity right, like the trinity, salvation through Christ, and baptism, but then they have added to that beliefs that are indeed indoctrination.  

It can be easy to slip into this form because unless you have a good grasp on the essentials and what the Bible does say in context you can fall prey to the likes of Lori Alexander,  Gothard  etc. 

People are NOT  schooled in looking out for deception, they are taught to believe. And that makes it really difficult to get out of or logically not get into these believe systems. 

Why are there no facebook comments on today's post? And did she photoshop in that rainbow? It look sfake

12 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Why are there no facebook comments on today's post? And did she photoshop in that rainbow? It look sfake

The photo is from her Instagram account - probably taken while she was at the lake house in Wisconsin. 

IMG_7650.PNG

21 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I wondered the exact same thing.  It's been up 8 hours, and not a single comment.

Is she still on vacation?  Maybe she is traveling today, so hasn't had service to approve posts.  Or maybe people are finally starting to understand how toxic she is and are just staying away

1 minute ago, Curious said:

Is she still on vacation? 

Naturally!  Goodness, she's only been vacationing for a month.  She likes to be moderate though, so I'm sure they won't stay a day longer than 7 weeks.

7 minutes ago, Koala said:

Naturally!  Goodness, she's only been vacationing for a month.  She likes to be moderate though, so I'm sure they won't stay a day longer than 7 weeks.

But she believes in the importance of hard work! We are meant to work, and it is good for us!

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

yeah, but the rainbow stretches into the water..just looks odd to me. 

I see what you mean. Also, I'd like to apologize. Looking at my response with the photo, I think it came across as very terse and "know-it-all". I'm sorry. 

26 minutes ago, Hisey said:

But she believes in the importance of hard work! We Others are meant to work, and it is good for us them!

Fixed that for you :pb_lol:

Reader:

Women can do a lot when we put our minds to it!

Lori:

We sure can, Phylla, but it’s so much easier to ask someone else.

I think that sums up Lori's philosophy on work pretty nicely: "I could do it, but it's so much easier to ask someone else."

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Well, she has blocked everyone who would comment against her, and maybe even the fangirls see depression is not something to play with.  It still got plenty of shares though.

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Lori's oldest daughter is enjoying her beachside vacay, complete with multiple bikini pics. Cue angry blog post soon. 

Well, three hours ago she posted a wierd notebook rant about how Godly women are modest and sober, yadda yadda yadda, and how unsaved, unrepentant women dress all flashy and immodest and will not get into Heaven. She supports that with a verse from Revelation that I think is describing the whore of Babylon??? Anyway,  she seems really pumped at the thought of those immodest women being eternally condemned, and the whole thing sounds like something a deranged person would yell on a street corner.

48 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Anyway,  she seems really pumped at the thought of those immodest women being eternally condemned, and the whole thing sounds like something a deranged person would yell on a street corner.

I'm going to be really pumped on Judgement Day when she has to answer for deceiving God's children. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

rainbow stretches into the water..just looks odd to me. 

I have ocean view and rainbows flow right out of the water all the time....and beside it...where ever........

@SweetLaurel I have a friend in Djibouti she is counting down days to come home. She posted pictures and it reminded me of Tatooine (Star wars) 

I hope your child has a very uneventful deployment! 

As others have said, Pinterest creation. I thought it was kinda cute the first time I saw it, but that was a couple years ago. Most likely she woke up crying and they were waiting for that, slapped on the page and snapped a picture. The baby is supposed to be crying in the picture: 

Spoiler

evict.thumb.jpg.fce4ca1396f08c94691610b58e7e0cf4.jpg

Spoiler

evict2.jpg.8f98acdb9e14b13426109b2809d7761c.jpg

Cute enough I guess, but creative? Only if getting ideas from Pinterest=creativity. Not against that at all, I get ideas from there myself. It's only cute if the parents aren't doing something to make the babies cry intentionally. 

She's not allowing any comments through on the depression post if they don't agree that it isn't just your emotions. Several people haven't been allowed through. Bitch. 

A while back, Lori deleted a comment from someone who was feeling suicidal.

Linkin Park - whose lead singer Chester Bennington recently committed suicide - is pointing people in crisis to assistance.

http://chester.linkinpark.com/

I'm a Linkin Park fan. It's crushing to think that Chester will never again sing another note. I pray that his family, friends, and colleagues will find comfort and strength as they struggle to move forward.

Hey Lori, take a lesson from this worldly rock band. Click on that link. Think about what you see there.

Today's post is a shining example of how very simply Lori thinks.

Of course, careers for women came from a godless, heathen world! There is nothing in the Bible that encourages or instructs women to leave their homes for hours every day, their children with strangers to raise, and go to a job. 

Now watch this:

Of course, blogs for women came from a godless, heathen world! There is nothing in the Bible that encourages or instructs women to blog.

This one's even better:

Of course, dental consultants came from a godless, heathen world! There is nothing in the Bible that encourages or instructs men to organize orthodontic practices.

Lori:

Deborah was a judge in Israel but it doesn’t say anything about her holding regular office hours

She has us there...the Bible doesn't mention the hours Deborah worked :GRONDE:  In fact, it doesn't say anything about anyone holding regular office hours.  

Office hours are from a godless, heathen world!  And so are vitamins.  And Norwex cloths. And bagels! :pb_rollseyes:

There are several problems I see with women having careers, even when they are single. After spending all the time and money in pursuing their career, it’s difficult to give it up once the children come along, if and when they do. Also, many husbands like the money their wives make and don’t want them to stop so they insist on their wives keeping the job even when it becomes a strain on the wife. Married women who don’t have children still come home exhausted after working all day. They don’t have the energy to care for their homes or husbands like they would like to do, unless they are high energy women.

Interesting, since Lori sent her youngest daughter to a godless, heathen college, and she worked before and after she married.  Her oldest daughter is married and works as well.  Is this a jab at them?  

I believe one of the main causes of divorce today is due to women having careers.

Lori- this would be an excellent time to cite a source for your belief.

Colleges and universities don’t help women acquire meek and gentle spirits. Quite the contrary! They teach them to be strong (apart from the Lord), independent (they don’t need a husband), speak their minds, and stand up for themselves which is completely opposite of what the Lord wants for women.

Weird.  Lori's always claimed that her daughters "walk with God", and her youngest went to college.  She's also married.  

The young, unmarried Duggar and Bates women take courses on-line, serve their families, go on mission’s trips, assist midwives, serve their communities, find ways to make money from home, and many other things that help others instead of pursuing careers which take them away from their homes. This seems the way it should be, in my opinion.

Then why didn't you raise your own daughters that way?

She concludes:

Please, don’t ask me about women being nurses (Do you know how hard it is for women to be on their feet for twelve hour shifts?), teachers, dental assistants or having careers such as these. 

Yes, please don't mention nurses (Lori relies on them when she's in the hospital), teachers (Lori was a teacher before she sabotaged her birth control), dental assistants (Lori's daughter was a hygienist).

13 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

I'm going to be really pumped on Judgement Day when she has to answer for deceiving God's children. 

I'll bring popcorn to share with you!

5 minutes ago, Koala said:

She concludes:

Yes, please don't mention nurses (Lori relies on them when she's in the hospital), teachers (Lori was a teacher before she sabotaged her birth control), dental assistants (Lori's daughter was a hygienist).

Lori should never accept service from a working woman if she really believes that. Of course she would be unable to eat out, go to a hospital, or shop anywhere, but hey, her god can take care of everything. Isn't that what she tells depressed and abused women, just trust Gawd and it will all be fine? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived