IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

I certainly wouldn't take video at my church unless I got permission from my pastor first.  A couple of years ago, I wanted to take a picture of the Nativity set on the altar, but didn't because it seemed inappropriate.

Unfortunately, my lease restricts me to one kitteh(and at 12-13, China does seem happier as an "only child"), or I would be the epitome of Crazy Cat Lady.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who does this bitch think she is? I can see taking pictures or video for certain things...like every time the children's choir performs there are plenty of parents taking pictures and video. She has no manners.

What's this bullshit about brown eyed people look shitty w/grey hair? My aunt had the most beautiful, THICK, silver hair...just beautiful. I doubt I'll follow in her footsteps (or hair follicles) as I am taking after my father. Someday I will probably let it go, but not right now. 

Lori is an idiot.  Most people have brown eyes -- over 55% of the world and it is the genetically dominant eye color.  Total BS on the brown eyes/grey hair. My father had black hair and eyes so dark brown they were nearly black.  When he finally began to grey in his early 60s it was silver, not grey.  Eventually he had a full head of platinum silver hair and dark eyes with his natural medium olive skin tone,  And seriously no wrinkles at all (unfair I know)  The effect was stunning,  My brother inherited daddy's coloring so will go the same way.

As you may have surmised from my screen name, I have natural red hair (the oddities of genetics). Red hair does not usually go silver, but a sort of sandy grey, which eventually gives the hair a sandy pinkish mauve color -- not attractive at all.

Blessedly the little "grey" I have here and there is actually white so I have a few ice white-blonde streaks added around my face to hide it.  The eventually plan for dealing with grey is more and more white blonde streaks with bright copper red lowlight streaks. Highly artificial , but I Do. Not. Care.

Gray hair can be beautiful with any eye color, depending on exact shade of gray, skin tone, etc, especially if it's accompanied by a genuine pleasant expression.  That's what Aunt Lori lacks.  

I saw a woman who looked so much like Lori tonight at a wedding.  This woman was prettier though.  The vileness of Lori just is not pretty!  Unless we hear that Lori was at a wedding this evening in South Carolina, it was not her.

What did I miss about grey hair? What's "wrong" with it? I'm just letting it happen. I'm allergic to chemicals anyway. Make-up, acrylic nails, and worst of all SPF. My hair is getting so long it's halfway down my butt and it's turning grey. I refuse to cut or dye it. So there. Take that Lori, you dried up prune! You and your horse's ass of a husband. Go suck a nourishing organic egg!

Hi all. Usually a lurker on this thread (I'm a Jill Rodrigues fan - FJ speaking), but wanted to ask - re Lori's most recent post - does anyone know why Anne Ortlund's book on marriage upsets Lori?  That can only be a good thing, right?  Tempted to order it ....

Just now, truthseeker said:

Hi all. Usually a lurker on this thread (I'm a Jill Rodrigues fan - FJ speaking), but wanted to ask - re Lori's most recent post - does anyone know why Anne Ortlund's book on marriage upsets Lori?  That can only be a good thing, right?  Tempted to order it ....

I don't know but I thought her comment about it was extremely rude. Lori is so vile.  She is talking about a woman who is a longtime friend of her family and she still can't give a compliment withouth an insult buried in it. So, really; she doesn't want to promote another author who has infringed on her territory  - only Lori can write about marriage. For those who have not read the post:

Spoiler

IMG_7761.thumb.PNG.466cfa14f6395aafd1db643e19ae83a9.PNG

Well, ain't that some bullshit! I bet Lori isn't crazy about the book because the author's writing contradicts Lori's bullshit and well...Queen Lori can't have that, now can she? That bitch got so much nerve...the only thing that makes me happy is she will have to answer for the damage she's done (there's something in the bible about teachers being judged more harshly). Hell, that woman wouldn't like the sermon my pastor preached on being a wife last week (Sunday night service)...he didn't say shit about working women. The point of his sermon was essentially that the men can't expect their wives to respect them unless they're the servant-leaders they should be (IOW, the patriarchal dictator bullshit is NOT the right role for the husband). And this is a man who's been married for 40 years and a pastor for almost as long (with the appropriate academic credentials to go with it). 

What did I miss about grey hair? What's "wrong" with it? I'm just letting it happen. I'm allergic to chemicals anyway. Make-up, acrylic nails, and worst of all SPF. My hair is getting so long it's halfway down my butt and it's turning grey. I refuse to cut or dye it. So there. Take that Lori, you dried up prune! You and your horse's ass of a husband. Go suck a nourishing organic egg!

Nothing is wrong with it. Likewise nothing is wrong with coloring your hair whether you choose black, brown, blonde, green or purple or bumble bee stripes.

Because we all get to make our own choices

(But really, maybe not bumble bee stripes. LOL)

Well, based on the majority of reviews, people weren't too crazy about Lori Alexander's book on marriage.

Maybe they didn't want to take advice from someone with such an obviously crappy marriage.

18 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Nothing is wrong with it. Likewise nothing is wrong with coloring your hair whether you choose black, brown, blonde, green or purple or bumble bee stripes.

Because we all get to make our own choices

(But really, maybe not bumble bee stripes. LOL)

Oh come on; look how pretty

I actually have a thing for pretty colored hair. If I were 20 years younger, I'd be all about the rainbow hair trend. Some older women can get away with that look -- I don't think I can. I'm afraid I'd look like a try-hard middle-aged woman.

2 hours ago, polecat said:

Oh come on; look how pretty

I actually have a thing for pretty colored hair. If I were 20 years younger, I'd be all about the rainbow hair trend. Some older women can get away with that look -- I don't think I can. I'm afraid I'd look like a try-hard middle-aged woman.

Our granddaughter is fifteen and she has rainbow hair. Her hair is naturally curly (VERY curly) and she said it took five hours at the salon but she loves it. I am thrilled that she feels free to express herself like that and have fun with her hair. 

ETA: Why not give it a try, @polecat? You could do a temporary tint, do a small section, just one color. There are lots of ways you could ease into it. 

Yesterday I went to a gathering at the home of an old friend whose beautiful brown eyes and silver hair I have admired for years. Except now she's lost her hair to the chemo that probably won't save her. We laughed and sang and ate and reminisced and had a great time. She has raised a houseful of children, stepchildren, adopted children, foster children and just stray kids whose parents decamped.

Many of those kids, now adults, are coming by now to visit and help her out. Her ex husband comes weekly and mows the lawn and his wife is fine with that.  She is surrounded by the practical love she has shown all the many years I have known her.

Will Lori's friends and family show up like that for her, whatever color her hair may be and however impressive her skin products? I've got my doubts.

(I love the rainbow hair. Too much trouble for me, but I appreciate the people who put in the time and money so that I can enjoy the results.)

I recently discovered a beautiful song by Emmylou Harris so she's kind of on my mind. She looks stunning with her silver hair. 

I think what Lori meant about the brown eyes and grey hair was "Ken does not want me to let my hair go grey - so I color it." Of course she had to editorialize with that blanket statement about brown eyes and grey hair being ugly on ALL WOMEN EVERYWHERE IN THE HISTORY OF FOREVER. 

*For those who have asked, that statement is from one of her YouTube videos - the one where she shares all her beauty secrets, I think. 

IMG_7774.JPG

@polecat The second one looks like an oil slick on a rainy day. Not a put down, it's beautiful. Honestly, I'm too lazy for the upkeep. My natural color is close to black but I had my hair Ariel red orange in my 20's and I swear, you could see roots the day after a fresh coloring. 

42 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

Will Lori's friends and family show up like that for her, whatever color her hair may be and however impressive her skin products? I've got my doubts.

I think they'll be guilted into it. I think they'll come by begrudgingly and do what they have to do before burning out as soon as they can. Make that potato soup so she doesn't "make them feel bad, you know?" 

I'm not sure she'll care about their motivations as long as she gets her way.

@SuperNova It DOES look like an oily pavement spot! 

@usmcmom, I think it's just a bit much for me. I might try a little bright color on the under layers some time. My oldest son had teal/purple hair this summer (almost identical to this kid's) and loved it, but that's definitely too much for me.

I like that Walgreen's ad where these two older women come in with their hair dyed purple.  It's not an old lady purple; it's like they went to Hot Topic and got some purple dye.  Speaking of Hot Topic, I thought about going there myself last year at Halloween to get purple dye for my hair.  I was visiting my daughter's family.  I think that the grandkids would have loved it!

Love, love, love the rainbow hair trend. If I could have it at work, I would absolutely do it in a heartbeat. Right now I'm looking at doing the underside of my hair to make it easier to hide, but then I could still do it.

I'm a redhead. Red hair is notoriously difficult to dye. It's like it knows it's the rarest natural hair colour and so it's like NOOOO DON'T GET RID OF ME I'M RARE! I read though that red hair goes more white than grey, it also (apparently) tends to go white/whatever colour later than with brunettes/blondes. 

I wouldn't dye my hair. Red hair is rare, so it's part of me. It'd feel too weird to dye it!!

Mango -- a fellow redhead!  I read somewhere only 2% of the world's population has red hair.  If you are a blue-eyed redhead you are even rarer.  I've always loved my bright copper red hair.   It made me stand out among the sea of (bottle) blondes in high school.  I've never met a man who didn't love my hair color -- especially Mr. Dress,

Red hair is caused by a mutation in the MCR1 gene.  So we're mutants -- but in a fabulous way.

Redheads Unite. Let's Rock it Like a Redhead!

I've got hazel eyes so not that rare. 

Redheads notoriously get a rough deal in Britain. It can get really nasty sometimes. I've only had nice compliments on my hair though. And famous redhead men are sexy. (The women are gorgeous too ofc). 

I watched two British (well, one may be Irish) redheads tonight on television.  First there was Andrew, the red-haired baker on The Great British Baking Show/Bake-Off and then there was the hot ginger priest, Father Sidney Chambers (James Norton) on Grantchester.

I think I heard that Andrew is Irish, but I do know he is an engineer.  One one of this evening's bakes, he made somehow water crust pies that were formed as gears.  The gears actually turned and everything.  I thought it was genius!

(I thought about saying that Andrew was a ginger baker, but Ginger Baker is the drummer from Cream.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived