IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@EowynW, I'm glad too. And I'm glad that, as someone with firsthand experience in that world, you're here to speak out against the damage that's being done by people like Lori.

3 hours ago, polecat said:

She was probably in her godly gold Mercedes, so it was okay. eta: Or Cadillac? Whatever.

It definitely wasn't something cheap and satanic like a Hyundai or Nissan or something.

But that's totes OK because it's USED!

Lori doesn't know anything about used anything. It takes Mr EW & I three evenings a week to mow front and back yard with our ancient used push mower that fights us every step of the way.  It isn't for the faint of heart. I've shed angry tears over it more than once. 

Lori humble brags about that Mercedes because it's used. She thinks the fact that it's used means they are frugal. It doesn't; it means she is spoiled. The age of the car does not negate the fact that it was given to them FOR FREE, saving them the purchase price and/or car payments for a second car all these years.  

I don't begrudge anybody receiving things from their parents. Just don't wave it in my face as proof that you know how to save money. 

@EowynW -- my husband is also not a man's man. I like sports more than he does, I out-earn him. He's not even remotely threatened by it. In my opinion, a "real man" is one who treats his wife as an equal partner, not as an employee or servant.

Of course, he and I ebil atheists, so I'm sure Lori and Jesus will give us a real talking-to at the pearly gates. :D

7 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Lori humble brags about that Mercedes because it's used. She thinks the fact that it's used means they are frugal. It doesn't; it means she is spoiled. The age of the car does not negate the fact that it was given to them FOR FREE, saving them the purchase price and/or car payments for a second car all these years.

Their Mercedes might be used, but it's still an expensive car to have serviced. Parts are expensive too.

Lori is promoting Beautycounter on Instagram because it's made from safe ingredients. But in doing so, she's promoting the founder - a college-educated, feminist entrepreneur.

This interview with Renfrew is entitled "Beautycounter CEO Gregg Renfrew Wants Women To View Femininity As An Asset".

http://elitedaily.com/women/beautycounter-gregg-renfrew-advocate/1441323/

Excerpts from other articles, whose links are provided below...

Renfrew was well-educated at an expensive, secular school:

Renfrew, who went to Miss Porter’s School in Connecticut [...]

She's been a working woman since college:

Gregg Renfrew has been hustling since her college years, when she started a house cleaning company on Nantucket with two friends so that they could spend the summer there.

Her mother is "strong" and an "amazing businesswoman":

I have a really strong mother who is an amazing businesswoman herself, so she instilled in me that you want to be financially independent, you want to explore your own dreams, and she always gave me the confidence to go for anything I believed in.

CONCLUSION: As usual, Lori didn't do her research before opening her mouth.

CITATIONS:

http://wtnh.com/2015/07/15/entrepreneur-starts-new-business-after-selling-to-martha-stewart/

https://www.dailyworth.com/posts/2227-advice-on-how-to-be-a-serial-entrepreneur/2

http://elitedaily.com/women/beautycounter-gregg-renfrew-advocate/1441323/

Her daughter in law announced this new venture of hers (the beauty products) right before Lori made her take her IG acccount private. 

I was seriously going to look it over and try to order from Emily because I have been looking for some new skin care items. As soon as I saw that the account was private, my first thought was "What a shame. She just lost a customer." 

There is no way I will order now, from the link Lori provides. 

Lori and her deplorable confuse me. 

They say the man is the head of the house. But the men who have said that they want their marriages and homes to be a partnership, they berate, belittle, question their faith and beat them up with Bible verses. But if the husband is the head doesn't he have the right to run his home as he sees fit? So what's wrong with a man who says "I want a partnership marriage"? These fools do not practice what they preach 

I read a good article written by a male regarding modesty.  Since Lori is always so up in arms regarding leggings and short shorts on others, I thought that I would put the link here.  Most of the comments support him, but a few still blame everything on the women.  https://medium.com/@joelherbert/modest-is-hottest-is-not-in-the-bible-49b58ed1fdf6

3 minutes ago, EowynW said:

These fools do not practice what they preach 

They certainly don't. They've built a web out of lies, hypocrisy, and abused scripture, and it's so complicated that they don't even realize when they're contradicting themselves.

3 hours ago, Liza said:

19429764_1918502191497146_7138200011494396139_n.jpg.3010b84ba4dcc1eb9a8fa71314be0ba7.jpg

If the parents are "warm and loving" their children would have no reason to fear them.

Lori Alexander:

My children definitely feared us growing up. 

I think they were actually afraid of me, which I don't necessarily think is bad. 

We didn’t worry about building self-esteem into our children. 

6 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I read a good article written by a male regarding modesty.  Since Lori is always so up in arms regarding leggings and short shorts on others, I thought that I would put the link here.  Most of the comments support him, but a few still blame everything on the women.  https://medium.com/@joelherbert/modest-is-hottest-is-not-in-the-bible-49b58ed1fdf6

I read this recently, and it does show that the Modest Is Hottest attitude is not based in the Bible.

God isn't going to give us a pass if we say, "But that other person is to blame for my sin!"

One of her favorite common themes is the: "be a submissive, quiet wife" but the men will stray anyway.  According to her, it's a constant battle.  She talks about the "good ole days" and I'm sure she's thinking 1950's Cleaver-esque but her words are basically 17th-19th century.  The vast majority of the men with those quiet uneducated wives had mistresses who were allowed to read.  The whole concept of the prostitute, be it a geisha or a courtesan, were women who could do the things their wives couldn't/wouldn't.  That could include extensive conversation as well the latest and greatest bedroom gymnastics.  

The way Lori and her minions describe the marital relationship it's a business deal where two people force themselves to love one another to produce children for "the greater good".  Since that isn't an ideal situation, you end up with preachers or public figures who get busted for some sex related issues, because let's face it......misogynists aside....who REALLY wants a mate who can't hold a conversation beyond your work or her kitchen, and offers up (not-so) joyful vanilla sex out of duty???  It sounds nice....ya know, perfectly peaceful house, kids perfectly quiet and obedient, man does his job, she does hers, they don't argue....life just moves forward.  There is a massive lack of passion or anything interesting in that.  It's not life...it's existence...what's the point?  

A little quip taken from the flick, Analyze This with Robert DeNiro and Billy Crystal:

Dr. Ben Sobel: No, I'm not, I'm just trying to understand, why do you have a girlfriend?

Boss Paul Vitti: I do things with her I can't do with my wife.

Dr. Ben Sobel: Why can't you do them with your wife?

Boss Paul Vitti: Hey, that's the mouth she kisses my kids goodnight with! What are you, crazy?

From my favorite movie, Dangerous Beauty, about Veronica France-poetess and courtesan.  The woman at the end who fusses at her, that's the wife of her lover.  She is prideful and dutiful but she is childless bc the husband won't go to bed with her.  *that* is who Lori reminds me of.

https://youtu.be/XoMtMeiSyCE

Holy mother, that shit's expensive.

That jar in Lori's Instagram pic?  $44

The Daily Conditioner is $22

The other tube of goop?  $21

That's $87 worth of face goop to go with the hundreds of dollars of goop she already had on display in her "Favorite Things" video.  *THIS* as she sits in her vacation cabin, where's she's been for over a month.  

Tell us more about how moderate you are, Lori.  Maybe write another post scolding your readers for "dissipating their husband's substance".  You would know about that.

Seriously, does this woman ever stop vacationing, shopping, eating out, and wasting Ken's money on beauty products?  She's gotta be spending it faster than he can make it.

Wow.  She spends a lot of time thinking about her organic foods and her organic toiletries/makeup - seems a bit self-absorbed.  She mentioned in the video that she only washes her hair once a week, because she doesn't sweat or do anything to get it dirty.  I guess internet preaching isn't such hard work after all...  At the end of the video, she says that she hopes that we learned something new.  She did not teach anything new - all she did was tell us about the products she uses.  Princess Lori is truly delusional and pampered beyond belief.

4 hours ago, legalbeagle said:

@EowynW -- my husband is also not a man's man. I like sports more than he does, I out-earn him. He's not even remotely threatened by it. In my opinion, a "real man" is one who treats his wife as an equal partner, not as an employee or servant.

Of course, he and I ebil atheists, so I'm sure Lori and Jesus will give us a real talking-to at the pearly gates. :D

My husband was SO not a sports nut when we met. However, he managed to meet and marry a football freak and her football freak spawn. Now? Can't move him from the TV during the season. I made more money than he did for most of our marriage (not now but up until about 3 years ago), it never bothered him at all. My husband is an artsy-fartsy type...a talented artist, he does the most intricate cross-stitch projects, In many ways, I'm more masculine than he is...I mean...when it comes to typically "male" things like cars, fixing things, etc. I'm the one who diagnoses and either fixes or tells someone how to fix whatever it is. I'm SO looking forward to the hockey team that's going to be playing its inaugural season here, can't wait to catch a couple of games. We're an odd match...but we work. 

2 hours ago, Celtic Rose said:

@usmcmom Emily Alexander has a new Instagram beautycounterbyemilyalexander

Yeah, I saw it but, NO WAY. I will not buy anything that has been tainted by Lori's manipulative touch.  And *stomps foot and crosses arms* if Emily is going to let Lori bully her like that, I don't want to give her my business.  I am sure she is a sweet young woman, but she is clearly controlled by Lori Alexander.  

Also, I just bought two jars of face cream at Sam's club for $22. I will give those a try first. 

I'm with you all -- what's a "manly man"? Why this insistence that godly men must be "manly"?  Do fundies think that in order to be manly all men have to be big burly hairy sweaty guys who love football, hunting, fishing, monster trucks, NASCAR and getting dirty?  No offense to any men like that.  But seriously there are as many different kinds of "manly men" as there are ..... well ..... individual men.  Is "manly" a fundie synonym for "not gay"?

Probably by the fundie definition Mr. Dress isn't a manly man.  He played ice hockey and soccer in high school, but also sang in the school choir and in the high school musicals.  He watches football sometimes, likes to listen to baseball and reads constantly.  He listens to classical music if his work day is too intense.  He's the World's Best Vacuumer.  He folds his own clothes and puts them away.   He has an incredible sense of color, style and design and an unerring eye.  He loves nice clothes for himself and is my "fashion consultant" when I'm in a quandary -- which earrings, which purse, these shoes or those, etc.  He likes flowers in the house.  He showers with scented soap -- not perfume,  but citrus, pine, almond, lavender, spice, etc.  He draws cartoon figures he invents as doodles., He couldn't fix a car engine to save his life.

I think he's all man, in every way.

11 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm with you all -- what's a "manly man"? Why this insistence that godly men must be "manly"?  Do fundies think that in order to be manly all men have to be big burly hairy sweaty guys who love football, hunting, fishing, monster trucks, NASCAR and getting dirty?  No offense to any men like that.  But seriously there are as many different kinds of "manly men" as there are ..... well ..... individual men.  Is "manly" a fundie synonym for "not gay"?

Probably by the fundie definition Mr. Dress isn't a manly man.  He played ice hockey and soccer in high school, but also sang in the school choir and in the high school musicals.  He watches football sometimes, likes to listen to baseball and reads constantly.  He listens to classical music if his work day is too intense.  He's the World's Best Vacuumer.  He folds his own clothes and puts them away.   He has an incredible sense of color, style and design and an unerring eye.  He loves nice clothes for himself and is my "fashion consultant" when I'm in a quandary -- which earrings, which purse, these shoes or those, etc.  He likes flowers in the house.  He showers with scented soap -- not perfume,  but citrus, pine, almond, lavender, spice, etc.  He draws cartoon figures he invents as doodles., He couldn't fix a car engine to save his life.

I think he's all man, in every way.

You had me at vacuum & folds his own clothes! I think I love your husband! Can he teach classes for other guys? My husband can't fold clothes to save his life. Stuff ends up in a big wad. I've watched him try & I'm still amazed at how it happens. But he's still a good guy in many other ways, like cooking.

28 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Do fundies think that in order to be manly all men have to be big burly hairy sweaty guys who love football, hunting, fishing, monster trucks, NASCAR and getting dirty?

My hubs is the TOTAL opposite of this. He's tall, very slender, walks with the military bearing (shoulders straight and square, no slouching, thank you 24 years in the Navy), can be kind of squeamish about certain things (neither one of us fish b/c it involves fish and worms), has the attitude of "why hunt, that's why God made grocery stores" and can be quite "refined". Yet, he is a manly man in all the ways that count. He is loving, supportive, protective, creative, gentle, and MUCH closer to the husband described in the bible..."husbands love your wives..."

He also vacuums and does laundry. Yes he folds clothes...very well! 

I think I'll stop now...in case nobody's noticed, I absolutely adore my hubby...love him to pieces!

All this talk of manly men has made me think of something my son said while still enlisted in the Corps. 

We were talking about movies and my big bad Marine said "I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoy a good romantic comedy."  *folda arms, puts feet on table.*

I'm not sure why but it's now become a line we all try to use whenever we can. Of course it was his high school sports that prepared him for war (right, Ken) and not the Marines but....is he still a man if he likes "Two Weeks Notice"?  I hope Lori will blog on that soon so I can be sure. 

I remember right after we were married, Mr. EW painted all my nails before meeting my parents for dinner. My mom looked at my feet and hands and I said "aren't they lovely? He did that for me. He's much better at it than I am and he loves to do it for me." She just stared at me, blinked, then finally said... "uhhhh...  I guess so ...I am not used to men who do that." I remember feeling so confused and ashamed, and then worried if my husband was weird or something. I never again told her or tell her the beautiful things my husband does for me. 

My brother & BIL are "manly men" so poor Mr. EW gets the side eye sometimes. Which I don't understand. we still love to shoot and fish even though he cannot stand hunting. I wouldn't trade him for anything though. I adore his gentle sensitivity. My dad is a Command Man. My BIL is too. I ran like hell from all that. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived