IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

@PennySycamore--I love James Norton in Granchester! It's a great series. Different than the short stories it's based on, though. I'm up to the second short story collection, and the Sydney Chambers in the stories has taken his life on a very different track from Sidney on television. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, polecat said:

Oh come on; look how pretty

I actually have a thing for pretty colored hair. If I were 20 years younger, I'd be all about the rainbow hair trend. Some older women can get away with that look -- I don't think I can. I'm afraid I'd look like a try-hard middle-aged woman.

Meh, go for it! I have purple and magenta highlights. They are awesome, but kind of a lot of upkeep. I have pretty dark hair and have to bleach the purple sections first. The purple lasts 6 weeks max and is definitely faded by the end. 

Andrew from GBBO is indeed Irish.  We have a lot of redheads here in varying hues. Sometimes known as gingers.  My niece had a redhead kid followed by a brunette followed by a blonde!!!! 

My mother is a redhead and has a couple of redheaded siblings. Interestingly, even though our father had coal black hair and dark skin (with bright blue eyes!) three of her four children were born with red hair, including me. Mine gradually turned blonde and my siblings all have brown hair. 

USMCDAD was a redhead (more strawberry blonde) all the way through college. We just knew we'd have redheaded children. Sure enough, our son was born with just a tuft of red hair and the nurses were in love with him. His hair has not changed color at all in his 26 years. I also have three redheaded nephews. 

When our daughter was born we were shocked when she was NOT a redhead. She has pretty brown hair that has always highlighted itself beautifully in the summer. But people often called her a redhead and none of us saw red in her hair at all!!  When she was in middle school I called and "had a discussion" with her keyboarding teacher. They were to type out a little bio and our daughter typed "I have brown hair....". The teacher told her "We can't fib on this. You are a redhead."  I was LIVID. Our daughter saw her hair as brown!! It was brown!!  We think people always associated her with her older brother and always labeled her a redhead without even...you know...looking at her hair. 

Side note: One of our son's drill instructors called him "Opie" all through boot camp. He took it well but then there was not a whole lot he could do about it. 

The word ‘modest’ not only describes covering up but includes not spending a lot of money on our clothing and not being excessive or extreme in the amount of clothing we own, as many are prone to do today. 

eShakti dresses are a steal at $70+. 

Let’s not be known for how we dress but for how kind and loving we speak and act instead.

Rebuking ... something something ... rebuking ... something something ... rebuking.

Our clothing must not be too short ...

But butt cheeks hanging out are fine.

We don’t need to be known for having the latest fashion designs, but for caring more about our good works and others; for this brings glory to the Lord.

What good works? Well, none, actually, but never you mind about that.

“Feigning love to her husband ... only to satisfy her own passions” (Ellicott’s Commentary). She is selfish, self-seeking, and doesn’t care who she hurts in the process.

10-minutes-and-lube, you say?

unless it is to be understood of her bawling and scolding, when within doors, at her husband, in order to get him out, and be rid of him; to whom she is ‘stubborn’ and ‘rebellious’, breaking the covenant with him, and disobeying his commands; and departing from him, declining out of the way; speaking rebellion ...

Lemonade ... 

She was know for scolding her husband and being stubborn and rebellious towards him. Do the words stubborn and rebellious describe you? Do you insist on your way like a bull dog with a rag in its mouth? Do you treat him more as a child than your husband? Do you refuse to submit to his leadership and obey him in everything?

Oh, dear, not going to touch this with a 10-foot pole.

She “publishes and encourages everything that is contrary thereunto; as well as has a mouth speaking blasphemies.” 

Three little words: "Jesus was wrong." 

She doesn’t know how to love. She is not patient and kind. She doesn’t bear all things, believe all things, hope all things, and endure all things. She is a covenant breaker and her heart is hard and not transformed by the power of the Lord. She will reap the bad fruit she sows.

"Make her feel bad, you know?"

Her feet abide not in her house…She minds not her business, which lies in her own house, but give herself wholly up to idleness and pleasure, which she seeks in gadding abroad, and in changing her place and company”(Benson Commentary). Our business is in our homes, women ...

If any of this is neglected due to time on the Internet ...  

I mean ... this is all she does.

So much of the shit she spews feels like pure Poe.

She's either remarkably stupid or ... 

Poe. 

And I'm really afraid it's the former. With a hefty dose of evil.

Lori today:

I decided to dig into these verses to find out the opposite of what we are called to be and study the qualities of a harlot from the old commentaries to make sure none of us can be accused of any of her ways.

To make sure I can explain away my immodest clothing by twisting scripture

If any of this is neglected due to time on the Internet, watching television, shopping, ministries outside the home, and entertainments, please seriously consider changing your life around to focus your time and energies upon what the Lord has called you to do: be in your home as keepers at home. Never be accused of “gadding abroad”; seeking pleasures outside of your home when things at home are unfinished or falling apart."

Unless you can afford a housekeeper and then you can be a old know it all who constantly monitors other women on the internet.

I often hear of women saying they are bored at home. Well, you know what? Women who work at jobs outside of the home get bored, too.

Don't like staying home? Too fucking bad, shoulda married a richer man. Then you can go on vacation for endless amount of time and rub it in other peoples faces! 

Edited to add: I don't actually think that she dresses immodestly except by her own silly standards

Lori talks about "modesty" and has no idea what it really means. There's the outward aspect, clothing, decorations, etc, then there's the inward aspect...do I try to call attention to myself (by it's very definition, modesty means not calling attention to self)? Do I say and do things to try to get attention? (see blog, bullshit). 

A truly modest woman does not try to call attention to herself. She dresses and acts in a manner which does not stick out from society in general. Lori wouldn't know the real definition of modesty if it bit her in the ass. 

My pastor has been preaching on the family, what are considered biblical roles for each member of the family. What's funny is that his preaching would piss Lori off...his talk about submission was about 45 seconds of his sermon on women and the family. He spent more time talking about what women should be doing (loving, nurturing, teaching) and his only thing about "submission" was that if you disagree w/your husband, do it privately instead of in front of the children (always a good idea). 

18 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I like that Walgreen's ad where these two older women come in with their hair dyed purple.  It's not an old lady purple; it's like they went to Hot Topic and got some purple dye.  Speaking of Hot Topic, I thought about going there myself last year at Halloween to get purple dye for my hair.  I was visiting my daughter's family.  I think that the grandkids would have loved it!

I love that and if/when I am full silver I would do it!

15 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I'm a redhead. Red hair is notoriously difficult to dye. It's like it knows it's the rarest natural hair colour and so it's like NOOOO DON'T GET RID OF ME I'M RARE! I read though that red hair goes more white than grey, it also (apparently) tends to go white/whatever colour later than with brunettes/blondes. 

I wouldn't dye my hair. Red hair is rare, so it's part of me. It'd feel too weird to dye it!!

With my avatar, I am a red-head wanna be. (I am a brunette in real life, was blonde up until age 20ish). My good friend has beautiful, strawberry blonde curly hair. Her curls are perfect- not to big not to small. I have hear envy. Her hair is going grey/white but blends beautifully.

32 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

If you disagree w/your husband, do it privately instead of in front of the children (always a good idea). 

I dont know. I saw my parents disagree. I also saw them work it out and when they were angry at each other they would always make up in the end. It gave me confidence that even though they didn't always agree, life would be ok. It Also helped me to have no such a fairy tale view of marriage so I was prepared that it wasn't always going to be sunshine and roses.

I wonder if it has ever occurred to Lori that some men are happy when their wives are happy.  If having a job outside the home makes her happy,  the family will be happier and better off for it.  Nothing like a miserable, stay at home Mom who feels put upon.  

And since Lori's children are now grown and married, why must she still stay at home ... or for that matter, when they were in their teens, why?  I am  old fashioned and believe the ideal is the first five years or even the first three years of a child's life, it is good to have one consistent loving person (but that could be a loving grandma or a loving caretaker).  But after that, why?    Obviously, I am just musing here.

7 minutes ago, Liza said:

I wonder if it has ever occurred to Lori that some men are happy when their wives are happy.  If having a job outside the home makes her happy,  the family will be happier and better off for it.  Nothing like a miserable, stay at home Mom who feels put upon.  

(snip)

Crazy-talk! In Lori-world everyone should be miserable, as ordained by Lori. Stop making sense!!!

One of the things that bothers me most about Lori, is how easily she lies to her readers.

Today, a reader asked for Lori's opinion on children having activities outside the home.  

Lori replied:

It’s not the way that it’s supposed to be, but yes, it’s common in this day and age. I believe that when God commanded that women be keepers at home and that we look well to the ways of our household, He meant exactly what He commanded.

She added:

I was very sick when I had my fourth child and because of this, I had to stop almost all outside running around and was home full time their entire growing up years.

That's weird, because in 2013 she said:

I was a great mother. Even in my sickest of days, I would have healthy meals on the table, took the children to their games and ballet, and made sure that AWANA was a weekly priority. I kept the house clean with some help, and did the laundry. I cooked healthy meals from scratch, paid all the bills and was a good manager of my home. I went to church and Bible studies faithfully. I taught my children the Word of God from the time they were small and even home schooled them some years. 

In 2016 she said:

In the afternoon, I took them to basketball, baseball or soccer practice or games; depending upon the time of the year.

She also gave the following run-down:

Alyssa started serious ballet when she was eleven years old

Ryan played baseball, basketball, and soccer. 

Steven also played baseball, basketball, and soccer growing up.

Cassi tried ballet for awhile but she wasn't too flexible.  She played basketball and soccer in high school.

She concludes:

We enjoyed extra-curricular activities.  

TRUTH, right Lori?

And that bit about cooking meals from scratch and doing laundry?  

Here's Ken's version of that:

I took care of the kids' sports, my job, my food, my ironing

When asked to iron a shirt, Lori's response was:

You know ironing is awfully tiring.

But, back to the food:

Many nights Lori made her big salads which the kids loved, then they came running for daddy’s food that I cooked.

TRUTH!  It's important :pb_rollseyes:

On 7/28/2017 at 11:49 AM, Imrlgoddess said:

From my favorite movie, Dangerous Beauty, about Veronica France-poetess and courtesan.  The woman at the end who fusses at her, that's the wife of her lover.  She is prideful and dutiful but she is childless bc the husband won't go to bed with her.  *that* is who Lori reminds me of.

https://youtu.be/XoMtMeiSyCE

Her best friend, and lover's sister, also asks Veronica to train her daughter as a courtesan because she doesn't want her to have the cramped, narrow life that she leads as the wife of an elderly nobleman. I always loved that scene. 

18 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

Her best friend, and lover's sister, also asks Veronica to train her daughter as a courtesan because she doesn't want her to have the cramped, narrow life that she leads as the wife of an elderly nobleman. I always loved that scene. 

Me too :my_smile:  I can't fathom what it would be like to not be allowed to read or write basic information.  Or better yet...to not WANT to know how....it blows my mind.  

So Lori claimed to take the kids to "basketball, baseball or soccer practice or games; depending upon the time of the year," but Ken said, "I took care of the kids' sports, my job, my food, my ironing.

These two are the worst liars ever.

Speaking of fundies hearing but not listening or understanding, today I was telling my Lori lite mother that I decided I no longer wanted 5-6 kids. The man that I love and am married to is high needs, I adore him but he wears me out, and I do not want to be consumed with just mothering/wifing and him working 3 jobs to just barely get by. I want to have two kids and just be done with it. I want to be Mrs EW that will love her kids but also have a life outside of them. 

My mom laughed. And said "oh don't be too quick to decide that. You'll be surprised at what you can handle." 

She didn't even listen. It just went through her fundie filter. 

20 minutes ago, polecat said:

So Lori claimed to take the kids to "basketball, baseball or soccer practice or games; depending upon the time of the year," but Ken said, "I took care of the kids' sports, my job, my food, my ironing.

These two are the worst liars ever.

Nope nope nope, let's break down the Lori/Ken semantics here:  Lori laying on her fainting couch with her upset "gut" saying, "Ken, take the kids to practice, I feel soooooo bad.  There will be an extra 5 minutes in it for you in the morning....."  See, she delegated!  So teeecchhnically.....she did make sure the kids got to practice........Although this is pre-submissive years so the exchange was more like:  "Dammit Ken!  Can't you see I'm worn out from pooping all day!!  I fixed these ungrateful heathens breakfast, the LEAST you could do is drop them off where I can't hear their whiny mouths anymore!!  And you better eat that salad in the fridge, I SLAVED over that dressing!!"  Delegation totally counts, it means you surrogately took care of the problem. 

*sigh* we just gotta learn to speak Lori's language that's all.  They aren't lies exactly.....just a different way to say the same thing........ kind of? sorta?  Nah?

13 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

And you better eat that salad in the fridge, I SLAVED over that dressing THREE WEEKS AGO!!  Delegation totally counts, it means you surrogately took care of the problem. 

Fixed that for ya. :pb_lol:

From today's notebook doodle:

Husband: "Honey, could you take off my shoes and give me a foot massage?"

Wife: "Are you kidding me?  Take of your own shoes!  You are dreaming if you think I'd give your stinky feet a massage."

This is how most women would probably respond if their husbands dared to make a request like this

Well, Lori would know.  Another quick reminder of how this would have played out for Lori:

Ken:

“Well, my shirts are never ironed. Maybe you could iron some for me.”

Lori:

You know ironing is awfully tiring.

The first conversation was made up in Lori's mind.  The second one actually happened, and can be found on Lori's blog post: Ken's Side of the Story.

TRUTH!

Husband: "Honey, could you take off my shoes and give me a foot massage?"

Wife: "Are you kidding me?  Take of your own shoes!  You are dreaming if you think I'd give your stinky feet a massage."

This is how most women would probably respond if their husbands dared to make a request like this

@Koala Lori's fake scenarios are funny. You must have an awesome memory to always have such detailed info for calling her out.

I would like confess here and now that I am a foot massage giving helpmeet. Yes, after Mr Nova takes off his own shoes and takes a shower I gladly rub his feet. Then we switch and it's my turn:) 

Lori's next project should be a submission coloring book for young helpmeets in training. She really has a knack for over simplified black and white scenarios that I think could really be a hit with kids. *disclaimer: complete sarcasm*

10 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

YIKES! 

IMG_7786.PNG

Dear Lord. Even if my future husband's feet are the most beautiful in the world, there is no way I'm clipping his nails. Not least because I'm not that great at doing my own.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

The second one actually happened, and can be found on Lori's blog post: Ken's Side of the Story.

Do you have a link for this?   Thanks

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived