IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, lots of colleges offer grants for older students, displaced workers & homemakers going back to school. And sometimes a general degree is enough to open the employment doors. Companies want to know that you can learn. The key is trying new things to see what you like. You could fall in love with something you never knew about.

A confession, I found my major & first career after freshman year, by looking through the college catalog, the big thick thing with all the rules & majors. It was very helpful.

IMG_3822.thumb.JPG.ceff7c2a7c016148e5fffd3ce353620b.JPG

"I am sure none of their husbands are perfect yet they aren't critical of them."

All we know for sure is that they weren't critical of their husbands when answering that question. Writing nothing doesn't mean that they aren't critical in their minds, or in private with their husbands, or when talking with close family or friends.

One key phrase for ya Lori:  God helps those who help themselves.  It never ceases to amaze me how people like her can downplay and flat out ignore natural talents or propensities.  If one group of people was only ever meant to do specific tasks, their intellect wouldn't allow them to do more than those tasks.  How do they explain female geniuses?  How do they explain women who can not only balance a simple checkbook but do complex accounting for multiple businesses?  How do they explain having the capability to memorize over 200 bones in the human body and understand how to heal them?  

For those who swear to love God and revere his omnipotence, they sure know how to throw shade on his work.  

At 11:07 PM, I couldn't get the comments to open. See the grey circle next to "View all 18 comments"? It just kept spinning.

IMG_3823.thumb.PNG.c35a6def33de14b80fdf2b5e3a6b1f51.PNG

So I hit refresh. Suddenly, there are only 17 comments. The woman who was banned from the chat room - her comment is gone.

IMG_3824.thumb.PNG.42dd6076dff015547cb88e1330e2c4e7.PNG

@Imrlgoddess, true that. Did God make a mistake when He made women like Marie Curie, Irena Sendler, Clara Barton, or Mary Walker? I don't think so. I think that God bestows gifts on all people, male or female.

Lori's gift is the ability to serve as a warning to others. I'm dead serious. "See, this is what happens when you get married just for money, even if you don't like the guy. 23 years of bitching at him later, you glom onto a way to satiate your inner desire for passive agressiveness and decide to 'submit'. Next thing you know, your life is spent in front of a computer screen or glued to an iPhone, deleting comments left and right, with no time to enjoy life."

Does anyone remember the Treehouse of Horror episode of The Simpsons where larger-than-life advertising mascots come to life? They begin destroying Springfield. People watched them, aghast and bewildered.

Here's an image from that episode:

IMG_7956.PNG.e18747be36d48f5084744747ced397ad.PNG

The solution to make them go away: "Just don't look." The mascots were powered by people's attention. When the citizens of Springfield turned their backs to the mascots, paying them no attention, the mascots soon lost their powers completely and the town was safe.

Lori thrives on attention. Her behavior online has been increasingly unstable and irrational. If she keeps this up and enough people start seeing her for who she really is, then they will go elsewhere. Unfortunately for Lori, she will still be herself. Unless, of course, she manages to 'transform' yet again. Somehow she'll find the Bible verses to explain it.

Lori per Instagram:

I enjoy eating at home with company more than at restaurants because it's quiet and intimate. 

:GRONDE: Oh, really?  Someone should let Ken know...he could save a lot of money on their weekly (sometimes multiple times a week) restaurant trips.

It seems like a mere 6 days ago that she was posting pictures of her super special restaurant pizza...

Oh, yeah...

*sigh* I've already said that I think it's offensive that Lori has barged into a church she is not a member of, and started taking pictures.

Today she recounted the story of realizing she was sitting behind one of the Gaithers.  After an entire post of gushing, she wrote:

Yes, the picture above is one I sneakily took of them after the church service.

Lori?  I am an Atheist, but let me clue you in.  You're in a damn church!  Act like it!  

You should be focused on praying or reading the Bible, or whatever you do.  "Sneakily" taking pictures of these people in their place of worship is just crass and tacky.  

Every week she's in there taking pictures like she owns the place.  It's ridiculous, and honestly, I am embarrassed for her.

The only time someone has taken photos in an outdoor church service (not a wedding service) is at our family reunion when we have "church" outside. We have some fabulous photogs in our family and they document all the events of our reunion, including church. In this example, however, we all know that we will be photographed. No one comes to church, either indoor or outdoor, expecting to be put up on the internet.

I don't give a fuck that she was complimentary to the people she sneakily took a picture of. It's fucking rude as hell. If she's so busy people-watching and noticing how marked-up Bibles are, she sure as shit isn't paying attention to the preacher. That's what I go to church for. Last Sunday the preacher had this to say, "Church is not a gym where good Christians go to get stronger. It is a hospital where the sick of soul come to get healing." Lori would have missed this good message, too busy passing judgement on peoples clothing and Bibles.

I'd hate to be a dinner guest at Lori's house with that sad salad. I'd probably go out to dinner afterwards since she's not a very generous host in terms of food.

Once again, Lori leaves me baffled as to how a loving and affectionate marriage is so rare. I think she saw something she wishes she had and it seemed so unique she just had to blog about it. 

I agree that posting the picture was extremely rude. That is something a fifteen year old would do if she saw a celebrity at the airport. 

Remember the story she recently told about the immodest woman who tried to sit beside her at church?  Lori asked her to move, because she was supposedly saving the seat for a friend.

Then she goes in this church and "sneakily" takes pictures (every.damn.week) of their members (to post on the internet, no less).

She just doesn't know how to act.  I thought she was supposed to be learning in silence at church.  To use Lori's logic, "the Bible doesn't command or instruct women to break out their iPhone and take pictures during church".  

2 hours ago, jadis87 said:

I'd hate to be a dinner guest at Lori's house with that sad salad. I'd probably go out to dinner afterwards since she's not a very generous host in terms of food.

You might need a quick trip to the walk-in clinic after eating her week old salad and homemade dressing made with raw eggs.

Oh come on. My husband and I act like that all the time and are happily married. We don't have kids though so that makes it invalid, I suppose. When we shop, Mr EW will walk beside me with his hand on my hip. 

IMG_7405.PNG

IMG_7406.PNG

I'm calling utter, total and complete BS on Lori's statement that married couples aren't affectionate with each other

First of all -- nonsense. Secondly how does she define affectionate -- does she mean uber PDA? Does she assume unless 2 people are pawing each other in public they're not affectionate/  never show affection in private?  Does she think that affection means acting like hormonal teenagers?

Mr Dress and I hold hands in public or I take his arm when we're walking.  He helps me with my coat, pulls out chairs, opens doors.  We look happy and like we're enjoying each other's company (because we are). We're affectionate, but not all over each other.   In private however ...   well.... let's just say that even after all these years we're still hot for each other.

But beyond sex, I get smiles, compliments -- You look nice in that. Dinner was great. The gardenias you cut from the yard make the house smell wonderful, etc. etc. etc.  I get spontaneous I love yous, hugs and kisses, quick texts in the middle of the day to see how the work day is going, and always a kiss before he leaves for work and when he comes home.

I think Lori gets zero affection from Ken except 5 minutes and some lube 2-3 times a week and when he calls her "babe" in a post.  I don't think she gives any ever, except those 5 minutes.  

So yeah using her marriage as an example -- couples aren't affectionate.  In the rest of the real world -- she's just plain wrong.

Ken mentioned about a week ago that 2-3 times a week is a goal.  Lori has said we were to give our husbands sex every single day.  So has Ken outed Lori?  Has Lori slacked off to 2-3 times a week from 7?  Is she not being as submissive and "affectionate" as she should be?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Lori when she was caught wearing short shorts:

there are men who are perverts and will lust no matter what women wear but this isn’t our problem. It’s theirs.

:pb_rollseyes:

Men criticizing Lori!!  Oh yes, more please.  Go Adam and John, bring your friends.

Please remember we don't quote from private accounts.  If someone does do that, please report it not quote it.  Posts had to be edited or hidden.  Thanks.

Capture.JPG.1e7ecf778e7e1a8e9df3998b87f87839.JPG

Fact Check for Lacey's comment:

Mrs. Schlafly passed away last year.  And while she was a vocal conservative, she was also a great proponent of education for women.  She was a constitutional lawyer, and she herself had a master's degree from Harvard which she earned in one year.

Please do not try to co-opt strong conservative women into Lori's camp.  I may not have always agreed with Mrs. Schlafly, but she was not anything like Lori Alexander.

Lori:

Yes, sadly. Most couples rarely even talk to each other unless they aren't married. 

Where does Lori get her information?  I have a sneaking suspicion, that it's actually a reflection of her and Ken- not the people they know.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived