IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

My husband takes me to afternoon tea once a month because I love it. It's quiet and relaxing. We are getting to know the staff at the tea shop really well and we love to visit with them. So, yeah, he eats tiny sandwiches and tarts and chooses a different tea each time. He drinks it out of a cup that is too tiny and delicate for him but we both have fun. One of the things we both love about it is that the tea flavor is the only decision we have to make. They do the rest of the thinking for us and we kind of need that right now. 

Also, tomorrow is tea day and I am SO EXCITED!!  

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Koala said:

That jar in Lori's Instagram pic?  $44

The Daily Conditioner is $22

The other tube of goop?  $21

That's $87 worth of face goop to go with the hundreds of dollars of goop she already had on display in her "Favorite Things" video.  *THIS* as she sits in her vacation cabin, where's she's been for over a month.  

And here's where Polecat gets catty as hell -- That "canvas" is not a great advertisement for any of those brands. 

As for "manly" men. Mr. Polecat is what fundies would consider the quintessential "manly man." He works in a conventionally "manly" field and volunteers in an equally conventionally "manly" field. He's a solidly muscled, beefy 6'4" and studly as hell. Lori would keel over with palpitations if he walked in her direction. 

He absolutely loves having a mouthy, smart-ass, immodest, profanity-spewing, snarky, non-submissive wife. Because his manhood isn't dependent on having a doormat yes-woman. Actually, it's not dependent on any external nonsense because it has nothing to do with those silly things.  (Pretty sure he's not a command man, either, whatever that's supposed to be -- sounds like an asshole to me.)

Lori is full of shit when she says that women with brown eyes don't look good going gray.  My mother-in-law and her mother both know/knew that was a lit.  Nanna had the most gorgeous white hair and my mother-in-law is graying very gracefully.  

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Lori is full of shit when she says that women with brown eyes don't look good going gray.  My mother-in-law and her mother both know/knew that was a lit.  Nanna had the most gorgeous white hair and my mother-in-law is graying very gracefully.  

Kind of like this lady?

Screenshot_20170728-213014.thumb.jpg.1f22b01fc8457e737b0563002e6e4014.jpg

Or this man?

Screenshot_20170728-213248.thumb.jpg.7d78bf9bb64081bbdf77730602d94e98.jpg

Ok. Adding my two cents to "manly men". Mr. Nova is a man's man. Beer, not champagne, dirt under the fingernails, mechanic, millwright, muscle cars, sports, steel toe work boots, the whole thing. He's tall with a giant beard. But he's more than that. He loves kittens, he cries when they're sick and was inconsolable when our oldest cat died. He's gentle with children and enjoys spending time with his grandma. He loves the fabric store and genuinely admires my sewing skills. He cooks and vacuums, too. He reads sad news stories and gets choked up. In short, he's a well rounded human.

What is it with Lori's obsessive need to find a box for people and shove them into it whether they fit or not? 

FJers, help me out! Is Mr. Bonkers a "manly man"??

-He is an expert marksman and when he does hunt (RARELY) he cleans his kill for me so I can cook it.

-OTOH,expert clothes folder.

-He is a very physically fit guy. I'd add a photo but don't want to defraud y'all. ;)

-HOWEVER, he plays several musical instruments. 

-He has some cooking skills, but once mixed up sugar and baking soda.

-BUT, treats me as a partner in our marriage instead of an employee. 

In any case, he's a prince and I lucked out. I think I'll keep him.  

13 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Ok. Adding my two cents to "manly men". Mr. Nova is a man's man. Beer, not champagne, dirt under the fingernails, mechanic, millwright, muscle cars, sports, steel toe work boots, the whole thing. He's tall with a giant beard. But he's more than that. He loves kittens, he cries when they're sick and was inconsolable when our oldest cat died. He's gentle with children and enjoys spending time with his grandma. He loves the fabric store and genuinely admires my sewing skills. He cooks and vacuums, too. He reads sad news stories and gets choked up. In short, he's a well rounded human.

What is it with Lori's obsessive need to find a box for people and shove them into it whether they fit or not? 

This brought tears to my eyes because I felt like you were describing my uncle who was like a father to me. 

When I was a little girl, he used to climb trees to "rescue" my kittens because I'd cry, just knowing they were stuck - they probably were never stuck.  He loved kittens too and he'd sit on the floor with me and play with them. He lived two doors down from us and any time something good happened to me, I'd run across the yards, burst into his house and tell him all about it.  

When I had my babies, it was one of my proudest moments to place them in his arms. He cradled them close to his face and whispered into their tiny ears.  He was tall and had a low, gruff voice.  He was a volunteer fireman, a factory worker and one of my first heroes. 

My heart broke into a million pieces when he died but I am ever so glad my husband and kids got to know him. 

You found a wonderful man. SuperNova. I know he has a great partner in you too. 

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Lori is full of shit when she says that women with brown eyes don't look good going gray.  

Lori also says that we are to rebuke people even if they haven't asked for it.

On that note, I would remind Lori that nowhere in the Bible are women instructed to dye their hair.  It's a vain pursuit, thought up by a godless someone, who'd been breathing too much heathen, feminist air.

In fact, to dye your hair is a visible sign that you think God's creation can be improved upon, and we all know that God's ways are perfect for us!

:pb_rollseyes:

She just makes it up as she goes...

In other Lori news:

597c080e05a79_fundienonsense.thumb.jpg.e5a296e58fb0a37845ca9c8dcad3f92d.jpg

Also, Lori:

Thank you for explaining, Amy, but you don’t need to hold me accountable. I have plenty of godly people, especially my husband, holding me accountable. Blessings!

**I am soooo sorry that picture is so big...I can't figure out how to make it smaller**

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori also says that we are to rebuke people even if they haven't asked for it.

On that note, I would remind Lori that nowhere in the Bible are women instructed to dye their hair.  It's a vain pursuit, thought up by a godless someone, who'd been breathing too much heathen, feminist air.

In fact, to dye your hair is a visible sign that you think God's creation can be improved upon, and we all know that God's ways are perfect for us!

:pb_rollseyes:

On the contrary, Proverbs 16:31 says, "Gray hair is a crown of glory and is seen amongst the godly."

Sooooo, Lori needs to answer to that, amiright?

Lori:

Most women like attention. They like to have others look at them, give them compliments and tell them how pretty they are since this builds up their "fragile self-esteem." Is this what godly women should be looking for? Shouldn't we be looking for others to think of us as being kind, generous and caring, instead of trying to draw attention to ourselves?

Anyone think all of the dye Lori uses on her hair makes her seem more kind, generous, or caring?

Nope?

Didn't think so...

Yet she mocks other women and their "fragile self-esteem".

As a side note, my (formerly) black hair has started to turn gray.  Rapidly.  :pb_eek:  

My husband loves it, so I'm just letting it go.  If I'm anything like my grandfather and great-grandmother, it will be solid white in the next few years.  I have blue eyes, though, so I guess The Moderate Mentor would be okay with that... :pb_rollseyes:

Is Lori still in Door County? My parents are camping there this weekend. I doubt Lori is really into hiking or camping, but you never know!

We still talkin' 'bout men? Both my husbands are large mildly brutish types. The original is a published poet who can rebuild a car engine & has no idea his own strength. The newest model is a quiet, gentle cowboy. Kind, loves children & furkids, but is a classic "man" aka, doesn't do much housework.  When it comes to  masculinity.... Sorry, under the acrylic nails & makeup lies a fierce person who is just as capable as both those brutish men. I remain an honorable member of the ultimate boys club, hello USMC. I love/have loved both men in my life.... but those bitches better not mess with my truck. :my_biggrin:

So Lori colors her hair? Not surprising, she's as vain as she is prideful. She'd blame that on Ken too.  Me? As long as I have a Sally's Beauty card.... I'm holding to my "hookerish" (to quote my MiL) jewelry, red hair, nails, & lips. I wanna be "that old lady" down the Street--so far, so good. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, EowynW said:

She is so unbelievably stupid. 

Pure evil is more like it.

My husband will be grocery shopping today while I'm at work.

Not because I told him to - he could wait until I get home. He's going because he wants to. He enjoys shopping for groceries because, like me, he enjoys food and cooking.

9 hours ago, SuperNova said:

It's tragic how small-minded she is.

9 hours ago, SuperNova said:

He loves kittens, he cries when they're sick and was inconsolable when our oldest cat died.

I'm sorry about your cat. :(

Mr. Polecat is also a cat person. He is always and forever finding random kittens when he's at work and then having to find someone to take them home (we already have three cats, the legal limit here). He also likes dogs, but they don't seem as likely to be running around loose. 

12 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Lori is full of shit when she says that women with brown eyes don't look good going gray. 

(snipped)

Oh, it's true. Women with brown eyes just look atrocious when they go gray. Look at this hideous freak. 

(Obviously, I am being *extremely* sarcastic. I think Pamela Rabe is utterly stunning). 

pamela_rabe_hero_fxtl_benking2014.jpg

Ugh. I just can't stand Lori, reading her blog makes me pull my hair out ranting at how insane and ridiculous... and downright offensive (especially if you're a Christian)). The Alexanders and Anderson's are a new brand of fundie very different from the all-smiles keep-it-sweet  previous generation. Usually when Pearl or Gothard  or some of the others would teach something more extreme, it would be buried under smiles, humour, folksy laughter, etc. Now it's just crass and openly antagonistic. Vulgar. 

I think this is the church she goes to in Door County. 

http://bethelellisonbay.org/listen/sermons

In a old post she mentioned it was a baptist church so not hard to narrow down. Here she mentions a Sermon by Mark about loosing his arm. Sure enough this church has that sermon at exactly the right time period (see July 9 sermon). The kicker is this church supports Beth Moore. 

crystalccwmIs Mark still leading worship? I don't hear his voice.

thetransformedwife@crystalccwm no, he was sitting behind us but he hasn't led worship since we've gone the past 3 Sundays. He gave his story of losing his arm last week and it was powerful.

Why is she taking a video in church? I don't go anymore so maybe it's ok now but it seems quite rude.

@polecatThank you. Where do you live that there's a three cat limit? Three cats is my minimum! 

16 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

16 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Kind of like this lady?

Screenshot_20170728-213014.thumb.jpg.1f22b01fc8457e737b0563002e6e4014.jpg

Or this man?

Screenshot_20170728-213248.thumb.jpg.7d78bf9bb64081bbdf77730602d94e98.jpg

I have tried but cannot for the life of me find where Lori made the declaration that grey hair and brown eyes don't go together. That's okay; frankly I'm all out of 'give a shit' about the craziness she spouts, at least for today. But Lying Lazy Lori Alexander is right about one thing.  Brown eyes, when cold and blank and filled with hardness and judgementalism do look like crap with grey hair. Of course, so do they with every other color of hair, too, and all the expensive  creams and lotions and hair color and big salads in the world can't make Lying Lazy Lori Alexander an attractive woman.

BTW, that photo above looks remarkably like my husband. Shockingly. Brown eyes and grey hair don't go together?  Phhhhssssssttttttt.

I wouldn't be happy at all if I was a member of that church and saw the picture she posted.

I'd be even more unhappy if I was the parent of that child whose face can be seen.

@SuperNova I'd certainly consider it rude at my church.

And really, what's the purpose of taking pictures of the service anyway?  I could see maybe taking a picture of the empty church after the service.  I like to see what different churches look like inside.

But, why show the backs of people worshiping?

Yeah, I don't get what she's trying to do here. Shouldn't she be paying attention to the service instead of prepping for her next post? Or is it that she is a prophetess and she knows the bible better than the pastor? In that case, stay home. I know church can be social but Lori is treating it like an outing for her entertainment not a place of worship.

I don't attend church, but I think it's rude to be taking videos at a regular service. I can maybe understand if it was holiday or certain type of special service. A few weeks ago friend's brother was ordained as a Catholic deacon and she shared short videos that her husband took of the ordination Mass on Facebook. I thought it was fine.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived