IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

Even aside from her sneaking a picture (which I think is incredibly rude for her to post without permission), I find her specific descriptions of the couple's physical affection and worship style to be pretty intrusive. If she had been this descriptive and not shared the couple's names or photograph, that would be fine--but she crossed a line (as usual) with this. People should be safe in their worship services.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Married couples and affection: Mr. Xtian and I are quite affectionate in public and in private. Not like gross pawing each other but arms around each other, holding hands sort of stuff. I came too fucking close to losing him to now choose to forego an opportunity to show my love for him. Other couples we know, couples at church all seem to show at least a little PDA. 

Pictures/video at church: only for children's choir performances and baptisms. Our services are live streamed and available on audio and video from the church website. 

Lori and Ken: What a disgusting couple. They DO NOT demonstrate, by ANY stretch of the imagination, what a good, Christian marriage should be. I can think of many couples that demonstrate that...however, most of these "good Christian wife bloggers" are SO not on that list. They wouldn't know a good marriage if it bit them in the ass. 

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Remember the story she recently told about the immodest woman who tried to sit beside her at church?  Lori asked her to move, because she was supposedly saving the seat for a friend.

Then she goes in this church and "sneakily" takes pictures (every.damn.week) of their members (to post on the internet, no less).

She just doesn't know how to act.  I thought she was supposed to be learning in silence at church.  To use Lori's logic, "the Bible doesn't command or instruct women to break out their iPhone and take pictures during church".  

The last priest at my moms church would have taken her to task for behaving like that, 60 years old or not. He was a firm proponent of "don't look back to see who's coming in the door, phones completely off and put away, rowdy children go to the cry room in the back"  If she's at a church for service and has time to take photos and be selfish in the presence of her savior, then she has time to sit still and reflect on herself and her nasty ways.  She wanted to talk about women feeling "shamed" a few posts ago?  Maybe she needs to start looking at her own behavior and have some conviction and some shame.  She is childish and self-righteous to a fault.  

ETA:  Did Lori notice that the lady over which she was gushing had on .....Leggings?????

Methinks not.

Reader:

Wouldn’t having a college degree actually make a woman better at home schooling her children?

Lori:

July 26, 2017 at 8:02 am

No, Kelly. There are many good homeschooling programs now that women don’t need to spend a bundle of money, go into debt, and be exposed to secular humanists teachings to be good teachers. Many of our early great presidents were homeschooled by mothers without college degrees. Universities have poisoned our culture and I don’t see how any one would want to support them unless it’s for the few careers that actually require a degree like being a doctor, lawyer, etc. which is best sought after by men.

Lori, trying saying this:

My daughter went to college, and she "walks with Jesus".

Maybe let Ken ride in on The Horse of TRUTH to say it.

Also, the idea that a college education wouldn't help with homeschooling is just stupid.

18 minutes ago, Koala said:

Reader:

Lori:

Lori, trying saying this:

Maybe let Ken ride in on The Horse of TRUTH to say it.

Also, the idea that a college education wouldn't help with homeschooling is just stupid.

Yeah, homeschool crazies continually repeat the idea that our early Presidents were homeschooled. This just isn't true. Many were actually not educated period until they were older and then received an education. I have nothing against homeschooling. I have plenty against ignorance. Nearly all our presidents were college educated, many from top universities. Just 12 didn't have a college education, the other 33 were and all since the 1950s have a Bachelors at the minimum. Also, many who don't have a college education did attend for a time anyway.

Only George Washington, who was forced to stop education at the loss of his father but strongly supported formal education and left money in his will to support schooling, Andrew Jackson (not considered a great president by any means), Martin Van Buren, Zachary Taylor, Andrew Johnson (only had about a year of formal schooling of any kind), Grover Cleveland and Abraham Lincoln (mother was literate and was able to teach him and used library often to educate himself) had none at all. Millard Fillmore also didn't have a college education, but he founded two universities. Those who didn't have much formal education supported formal education. 

James Monroe, William Henry Harrison, William McKinley and Harry S Truman all attended college, but never received a degree. So out of the 12, only 8 never attended college.  

You don't have to like them, but Donald Trump graduated from U of PA, Ivy League. Barack Obama graduated from Columbia U, Ivy League and Harvard Law, also Ivy League. George W Bush from Yale and Harvard Business. Bill Clinton from Georgetown (not Ivy League, but a high class top class school with Stanford and John Hopkins) and U of Oxford in UK and Yale Law. George Bush Sr went to Yale. Jimmy Carter went to GA Tech and US Naval Academy and went for a postgrad in nuclear physics. Ford went to MI and Yale Law. Nixon went to Duke Law (not Ivy League, but a high class school still). Lyndon Johnson went to Georgetown Law though withdrew and JFK went to Stanford Law though also withdrew. JFK went to London School of Economics, Princeton and Harvard for Undergrad. Eisenhower was a US Military Academy grad. Truman was only one in last century to have gone to college that withdrew. You have to go back to Cleveland to find a President who doesn't have a college education. 

For those who don't want to Google, Grover Cleveland was president in the last 19th century from 1885-9 and 1893-7. Basically, to find a President who hasn't attended college, you have to go back to the 19th century. Even more basically, Lori is an idiot. But we all knew that. 

Not even getting into the hypocrisy of sending her own children to college and all have a higher education in some form, but no one else is to send their children to college. Do as Lori says, not as she did or does. Umm, kay? 

@dairyfreelife, point taken (and Lori is both ignorant and incoherent), but I think her sentence about presidents being "homeschooled by mothers without college degrees" refers to the mothers' lack of formal education, not the presidents'.

22 minutes ago, Petronella said:

@dairyfreelife, point taken (and Lori is both ignorant and incoherent), but I think her sentence about presidents being "homeschooled by mothers without college degrees" refers to the mothers' lack of formal education, not the presidents'.

after a very quick search- John Quincy Adams & Zachary Taylor had private tutors & Martin Van Buren went to the village schoolhouse. Lori is an idiot. Many of the past presidents were not homeschooled by their mothers. If they rich they had tutors. If they were poor, a schoolhouse or dropped out and worked. Lori is an idiot. Same with any other homeschooler that thinks all founding fathers were homeschooled by their mamas.

3 hours ago, molecule said:

Even aside from her sneaking a picture (which I think is incredibly rude for her to post without permission), I find her specific descriptions of the couple's physical affection and worship style to be pretty intrusive. If she had been this descriptive and not shared the couple's names or photograph, that would be fine--but she crossed a line (as usual) with this. People should be safe in their worship services.

Go figure, this comment wasn't published.

5978f82fbe58e_LAinvasion.JPG.54f58596f642853e2553ab5454fdfce9.JPG

I just looked up Sam Adams and Josiah Barlett (signers of the declaration) and both had formal education. Sam at Boston Latin School (public school!) and Josiah "received formal education under the tutelage of an Amesbury school master and also learnt Latin and Greek" http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/josiah-bartlett-3929.php he then went on to study under a doctor. His biography goes on to say that his 3 sons and 7 grandsons all became doctors!

Yup. Lori is still an idiot.

My husband and I are going on twenty years and are still extremely affectionate and talk all the time. 

I also have quite a bit of experience being around "celebrities" of various degrees and the sneaky pic is the height of rudeness. 

Lori Alexander has literally no upbringing or manners. I guess, though, I should be grateful that she didn't go all postal over Mrs. Gaither's leggings. 

And Lori? Have you really never seen married people being affectionate with one another? NEVER? Come on, now, either you just know a bunch of nasty, hateful people just like you, or you're a damned liar. My guess is the latter.

1 hour ago, Petronella said:

She was, but she's trying to say a lot of Presidents were homeschooled by mothers without a formal education and that is just not the case. Wasn't against your comment, it was against Lori's. She's not exactly bright, but you all knew that ; )

Mr Dress and I talk all the time -- about everything.  He's my best friend.  Doesn't mean we always agree, but we do have some lively discussions.  He also makes me laugh like no one else.

This nonsense about married couples being all sour to each other is ridiculous. Unless by married couples Lori means just her and Ken

17 minutes ago, polecat said:

Lori Alexander has literally no upbringing or manners. I guess, though, I should be grateful that she didn't go all postal over Mrs. Gaither's leggings. 

@polecat So true, so true.  i cringe at her blog language and content -- her obsession with poop, her repeated  discussions about her bad gut, revealing the intimate details of her (pitiful) sex life, quoting Doosh nozzle Pearl's drain him dry advice, all those references to spanking and who needs/ deserves it, letting us know all about her special all natural va jay jay cream, her obsession with throng- and leggings-clad bootys, etc. 

This is not material for a public blog.  especially not a public blog with male readers who comment.  She is being immodest, indiscreet, ill-bred, ill-mannered, and might I venture more than a little trashy.

It is my fervent prayer that this comment was some low-key shade throwing in Lori's direction:

"I'd love to meet you! But I also wish to respect your privacy.":pb_lol:

Lori:

July 26, 2017 at 8:02 am

No, Kelly. There are many good homeschooling programs now that women don’t need to spend a bundle of money, go into debt, and be exposed to secular humanists teachings to be good teachers. Many of our early great presidents were homeschooled by mothers without college degrees. Universities have poisoned our culture and I don’t see how any one would want to support them unless it’s for the few careers that actually require a degree like being a doctor, lawyer, etc. which is best sought after by men.

Lori truly wants society to devolve back to the dark ages.  She is terrified of people learning to think for themselves and not mindlessly following so-called experts.  Limited formal learning for all!

Seriously though, I was a business major at a public university.  No secular humanist philosophies were discussed in any of my business courses.  I voluntarily enrolled in an elective course that touched on religion - it was an English class on the bible.  The focus was on the bible as a piece of literature, and not heavily on the religious aspects of it, and there was no religious judgment involved.  I just don't understand why she thinks they are so anti-God - colleges teach students to think, but if your faith is firm and solid, it won't change.  And if it does change, then there were other issues.  No one ever tried to change my religious views - it wasn't a main topic of conversation.  We were more worried about getting student football tickets and how to sneak alcohol into the stadium (btw, the best way is to put hard liquor in a ziploc bag and put it into your bra, since they won't search your bra for it).  Aah, the 80's.....

21 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

She's plugging her book again. Sales must be down. Maybe someone will make it into a musical.

Your comment prompted me to go look at the reviews again. I found this 4 star review.:56247951a4b60_32(2)::56247951a4b60_32(2): ENJOY!!:562479718b07b_ElectricSlideboogie:

Screenshot_20170726-221702.thumb.png.daa98eeb4170d770d72683e192c61058.png

8 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

She was, but she's trying to say a lot of Presidents were homeschooled by mothers without a formal education and that is just not the case. Wasn't against your comment, it was against Lori's. She's not exactly bright, but you all knew that ; )

But homeschooling doesn't necessarily preclude university. I took it as her saying that these homeschooled-as-children future presidents had been educated well enough by their mothers to then get into those elite colleges and do well, not that they were only homeschooled and nothing else, ever. At least, that's the way I have always heard it in the homeschooling world in general.

So, saying "so-and-so went to Harvard" doesn't undermine the assertion; it actually supports it. (While "so-and-so had tutors" or "so-and-so went to the local school" does undermine the argument.)

This is not to defend Lori, just to defend semantics! :-D

5979ba69d7a56_Cuasingotherstosin.jpg.53a74214e64da8f6336e998aa186e44b.jpg

Comments in reponse to the shaming:

Julianna****   "and this is why breast feeding mothers should be thoughtful of others...."    

Pamela****  Amen

:lost:

Lori is heavily into the 'If God wanted woman to do x, he would have done y' type arguments. So let's apply that to nursing in public. 

'If God wanted women to not defraud men while nursing their babies, He would have....

1. Made sure breasts were for babies only, and were no more attractive to men than elbows or thumbs.

2. Made sure babies only get hungry when it is pitch dark.

3. Made sure pregnant women grew feathers or fur on their chests during pregnancy to give modest cover

4. Said in the Bible that women have to stay in their bedrooms until a child is weaned.

5. Made milk com out of a non-erotic body part.

6. Given the tiny percentage of men that are at risk of being defrauded by a nursing mum a flexible neck so they could look the other way to protect themselves against temptation. 

18 hours ago, Koala said:

Yes, sadly. Most couples rarely even talk to each other unless they aren't married. 

So, I didn't talk to Mr samurai_sarah for a decade, before we got married? Must have been wild. If it was anything like that, I do rather wonder why I recall serious conversations. I must have been dreaming. On the other hand, the cleaning schedule indicates that we talked at some point about who would do what. This is so, so confusing! What am I doing with my adult life, with an adult partner, whom I can talk to? Dear sainted Lori, help me!

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

Lori is heavily into the 'If God wanted woman to do x, he would have done y' type arguments. So let's apply that to nursing in public. 

'If God wanted women to not defraud men while nursing their babies, He would have....

1. Made sure breasts were for babies only, and were no more attractive to men than elbows or thumbs.

2. Made sure babies only get hungry when it is pitch dark.

3. Made sure pregnant women grew feathers or fur on their chests during pregnancy to give modest cover

4. Said in the Bible that women have to stay in their bedrooms until a child is weaned.

5. Made milk com out of a non-erotic body part.

6. Given the tiny percentage of men that are at risk of being defrauded by a nursing mum a flexible neck so they could look the other way to protect themselves against temptation. 

HAHA!   I love this

No  "normal man" would be sexually turned on by a nursing Mom.  It make no sense.  But, then, Lori and her minions make no sense to me and never will. 

Fundies seem to have an obsession with sex which they fullfill by focusing on the "sin" of that sex ... it is their outlet for all those "awful things" they are not supposed to think about, but do ... in excess ... because it is forbidden.

Make something forbidden and wrong, call it nasty and dirty, make it illegal, make it sinful -- and you make it tantalizing and interesting.

You make it an object of fantasy. You make people desire to do/ try it.  You make it a a secret shame people indulge in as a guilty pleasure. You might even make it their secret idol.

Did these people learn nothing from Prohibition?

I had never heard of Door County before Lori mentioned it (probably because I live in a different area of the country), so I looked it up, and it seems to be a wonderful place to visit.  https://www.doorcounty.com/  It's on a peninsula with a long shoreline and many parks.  

Lori is such a hypocrite.  She tells others to basically live in squalor rather than have the wife work, while she lives in desirable and expensive San Diego and takes long vacations in another desirable area.  Her life is nothing like how she advises other people to live.  It's nice that Ken has been able to provide for her, but she really does not have the life experience to tell other women how they should be living their lives.  Being a spoiled princess her entire life did not give her the knowledge to teach other women.  Must be nice to be so high and mighty and special that God uses her as his mouthpiece and interpreter.  

and this bitch dresses "modestly"? A dress cut down to her navel? Shorts up to her coochie? Modest? I don't fucking think so. Modesty is more than clothing, it's an attitude. This bitch is not modest in neither clothing nor attitude. Everything about her screams "Look at me". The thing that really kills me is that there are women who think she's right. Come on...use the brains God gave you for something other than to keep your head from imploding. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived