IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

This is petty, but the pregnancy announcement Lori posted kind of makes me sad.  The baby is clearly upset, and there they are taking pictures of her with a "notice of eviction" taped to her crib...

Lori seemed totally uninterested in comforting her babies, and her son took a page out of her book, and was equally awful to his own daughter.  Now, I can't help but wonder if yet another Alexander grandchild is being left to cry.

Maybe not.  Maybe they taped it up, the baby started to cry, and they snapped the picture.  But the timing is odd...and I still think it's a sad picture.  Seems like one of her smiling would have been better.

That may just be me though...I always picked my babies up right away when they cried.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Curious said:

In hospitals and SNF they always call me Mrs. _____.  I've given up trying to get them to just call me by my first name.  It drives me crazy because my husband can get most of them to use his first name rather than Mr. _____

You mean they don't call you "Curious"? :huh:

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

The first time someone called me "Mrs.________"(shortly after my wedding), I was seriously weirded out.

I was called "Mrs. Polecat-Skunkerson" the day after we got married (in a waiting room). I didn't even respond, lol. She had to call me twice, and even then, Mr. Polecat had to poke me to let me know it was ME she was calling. So weird! I still don't feel like Mrs. Polecat-Skunkerson. I'm just plain old Polecat, thank you very much! 

From Lori's instagram: 

So thankful I finally found something that keeps mosquitoes and biting flies away without being toxic! 

Her misplaced modifier makes me giggle. I'm afraid Lori will always be toxic not just to mosquitoes and biting flies but to everyone around her. Sorry, Lori -- DoTerra won't help you! 

I hope this doesn't mean she's going to start shilling DoTerra now. I've had enough of her Norwex endorsements, I really don't want to know where she'd go with essential oils.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

This is petty, but the pregnancy announcement Lori posted kind of makes me sad.  The baby is clearly upset, and there they are taking pictures of her with a "notice of eviction" taped to her crib...

Lori seemed totally uninterested in comforting her babies, and her son took a page out of her book, and was equally awful to his own daughter.  Now, I can't help but wonder if yet another Alexander grandchild is being left to cry.

Maybe not.  Maybe they taped it up, the baby started to cry, and they snapped the picture.  But the timing is odd...and I still think it's a sad picture.  Seems like one of her smiling would have been better.

That may just be me though...I always picked my babies up right away when they cried.

I think Cassie feels it's "funny" because it appears the baby is upset about being evicted. But I agree, who snaps a picture of their baby crying? Pick the kid up!

19 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Can you imagine a female nurse tending to Lori while Ken is at her bedside?? Of course that might not be an issue because Ken doesn't seem to spend much time with Lori when she in hospitalized. Can you imagine how hateful Lori is to nursing staff?? Her entitlement and arrogance would be suffocating. 

This is what I wonder about a lot. We know Lori has spent some time in hospitals after the car accident, brain tumor surgeries, and other incidents. I can picture Lori being an entitled patient. I could see her making small talk with nurses to just to see if they are married and have kids. She might not say anything rude to them, but she will probably think her in small head about "how awful and ungodly they are for working outside the home away from their kids".

I would feel sorry for other hospital staff members who are female and have to encounter to Lori. Women in food services and housekeeping encounter patients all the time. I could see Lori snickering at some food services worker bringiing her food. Also, add in women who work in administration and sometimes see patients.

Lori is stupid -- I mean we all know that --, but I begin to realize she has no life skills and no common general knowledge at all.

Seriously though -- has  she never heard of Citronella oil???   It's has been around forever.  It is natural (derived from Asian grasses), smells very lemony and is great for keeping away flies and mosquitoes, gnats, etc..  You can dab it on yourself (mix with a carrier oil), soak a cotton ball with it and tuck it around the house or burn candles. Voila no bugs.

Lots of people also swear by Avon's Skin So Soft bath /body oil to repel mosquitoes. Both of these are ever so such cheaper than the fancy, trendy DoTerra oils

Friends of mine have their yard treated with something derived from chrysanthemums that keeps them completely bug free all summer.  Whatever it is is completely natural, not toxic to plants, animals or people, and lasts for a month before you need to re-apply,  They have an exterminating company do the work, but I believe you can buy the stuff and do it yourself.

4 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

This is what I wonder about a lot. We know Lori has spent some time in hospitals after the car accident, brain tumor surgeries, and other incidents. I can picture Lori being an entitled patient. I could see her making small talk with nurses to just to see if they are married and have kids. She might not say anything rude to them, but she will probably think her in small head about "how awful and ungodly they are for working outside the home away from their kids".

I would feel sorry for other hospital staff members who are female and have to encounter to Lori. Women in food services and housekeeping encounter patients all the time. I could see Lori snickering at some food services worker bringiing her food. Also, add in women who work in administration and sometimes see patients.

You're so right. I should have written "any hospital staff." 

We have spent a lot of time in the hospital lately; my mother-in law is ill. While she is a fairly pleasant patient, she asks for silly little things and she asks everybody that comes in - like she wanted a cup with a lid to save her leftover applesauce; and then another cup with a lid to save something else. She asked every staff member (in a really polite way but still...) that came in and WOULD NOT LET IT GO. I finally took my husband aside and told him I was running to Walmart to get small condiment cups with lids because the dialysis nurse cannot be tracking down Tupperware for her!!!  The CNA's are busy managing lots of other things - THEY DON'T HAVE CUPS WITH LIDS FOR HER ONE TABLESPOON OF APPLESAUCE!!!  

My daughter once got an earful because she could not tell a patient who provided the hospital's cable and "Golden Girls" was not on at the right time. 

I can see Lori chastising food service workers if they can't prove that the soup is organic. Also "WHERE'S THE POTATO?!?"  

The crib eviction sign is popular way to announce pregnancy these days. I wasn't shocked to see it and yeah the kid is suppose to be crying. By doing this they are following the world's ways, pinterest ways. It's not godly to announce your pregnancy that way.

27 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I can see Lori chastising food service workers if they can't prove that the soup is organic. Also "WHERE'S THE POTATO?!?"  

The last part made me laugh.

43 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

The crib eviction sign is popular way to announce pregnancy these days. I wasn't shocked to see it and yeah the kid is suppose to be crying. By doing this they are following the world's ways, pinterest ways. It's not godly to announce your pregnancy that way.

Her leghumpers on insty thought it was sooooooo original. 

I wish Lori would use her amazing handwriting talent for goodness and love rather than for hateful judgment. Her doodles look so beautifully done. It's really a shame their filled with such vitriol.

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

(snip)

Lots of people also swear by Avon's Skin So Soft bath /body oil to repel mosquitoes.

(snip)

That stuff does a smashing job! Unfortunately, it doesn't repel as such. Once your skin absorbs it, it becomes useless.

The bugs just either can't bite you through a thick film of oil on your skin, or they drown in it. The end-result being no bug-bites, BUT - the only reason why I am making this distinction at all - if you're out camping, without easy access to showers, ASSS can become a hazard of its own. You end up an oily, sticky bug-graveyard.

That's what wet-wipes were invented for! However, if the mozzies love you (hi fellow sufferers!), you can't really afford to go without. Your sleeping-bag ends up an oily, sticky bug-graveyard. Having said all that, it works! As a barrier. Just not as a repellent. It's more like flypaper.

Mozzies and bugs of all sorts love to sample me. So, for years, I used ASSS on my hiking and camping trips. In Scotland, we've got the ferocious midgie during summer - huge swarms of tiny black mozzies that consider me a delicacy. Hence the in-depth analysis of how ASSS works. :)

ETA: Based on Skin so soft, Avon has created its own repellent. I can't speak to that.

I wonder...what would be involved with making an "answer" Facebook page or blog to counter Lori's bile, venom, and contradictions?  Kind of like the "Blessed Little Homestead" ones?

55 minutes ago, Granwych said:

I wonder...what would be involved with making an "answer" Facebook page or blog to counter Lori's bile, venom, and contradictions?  Kind of like the "Blessed Little Homestead" ones?

Interesting. I have been wondering the same thing.  I would not be one bit surprised if something pops up soon. 

2 hours ago, molecule said:

It's really a shame their filled with such vitriol.

Well, that's embarrassing. I do actually know the difference between "they're" and "their." I can't even blame this one on autocorrect.

Regarding "Beautifying Her Home With Little"...

Lori loves painting a pretty picture, one full of idealism and happy endings. She tells you that to have otherwise is not godly. But as always, not one shred of practical advice.

She's no mentor. She's selling an idealized life based on her interpretation of a handful of Bible verses.

Martha Stewart also sells an idealized life. But at least she offers practical advice on how to achieve it.

IMG_3817.JPG.abaac651424017f0990918eb17075fc6.JPG

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

I've started a fb page of Lori's deleted comments and sometimes make a commentary on her posts there.

Check out "Lori Alexander Undeleted".

9 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

You mean they don't call you "Curious"? :huh:

I'd even prefer that over Mrs. ______.  I associate that with my MiL, who is a narcissistic bitch. 

I usually use folks when addressing posts to a large number of people here on FJ.  I use guys a lot in gaming.

I have been called dude a lot lately in my game and I thought it was because people didn't realize I was female, but now I do voice chat with them and I still get called dude, but they are probably 20-25 years younger than I am, so I've learned to just go with it.

3 hours ago, Granwych said:

As soon as we get our platform upgrade I'm planning something like that.  I just don't want to have to learn new ways to do it once I have started.

12 minutes ago, Curious said:

I'd even prefer that over Mrs. ______.  I associate that with my MiL, who is a narcissistic bitch. 

I usually use folks when addressing posts to a large number of people here on FJ.  I use guys a lot in gaming.

I have been called dude a lot lately in my game and I thought it was because people didn't realize I was female, but now I do voice chat with them and I still get called dude, but they are probably 20-25 years younger than I am, so I've learned to just go with it.

My mother-in-law has a different last name than we do. She remarried after her first husband (my husband's father) died. Maybe that's why I don't mind being called Mrs.___________. I am the only one in the area and it does not make me think of her. 

My daughter and son-in-law came out of their Southern college using ma'am and sir. People up here just laugh and say "well, the South has stuck with you."  Now that they have settled in a Southern city, it has served them well. I think people older than they appreciate it. 

Funny, the ma'am and sir stuck with my son from his Marine days too. People probably think I raised my kids with exceptional manners but....NOPE!! :pb_biggrin:

20 minutes ago, Curious said:

I write group emails regularly and I directly address people by saying "Hello everyone" or "Howdy folks".  I use 'folks' a lot when referring to others in the 3rd person as well (ie "any folks who can't meet this schedule, let me know")

I think Dude is now fairly common among the 50-and-under crowd, and isn't necessarily gendered, at least in the way I hear people use it.  It just conveys a certain emo-hipster-frustrated-earnestness that 'ladies' or 'you folks' or 'y'all' just doesn't have...

I live in a cowboy/ranch-y part of California and people often use 'Ma'am' and 'Sir' as a form of politeness, with no age connection apparent.  In fact just the other day I heard a 60-ish male restaurant patron call his teenage waitress 'ma'am' and it sounded perfectly normal to my ears.

Lori:

Whenever a woman tells me she struggles with depression, I encourage her to be in the Word and renew her mind with truth. Learn about her identity in Christ and that her past is forgiven and forgotten. She is a brand new creature in Christ. Her past no longer has to define her. God tells us that He gives us a sound mind. He instructs us to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. He commands that we dwell on the lovely and the good. 

Dear Lori, 

Whenever a woman tells you she struggles with depression, you should encourage her to tell someone else.  Anyone else.  Because you are not kind enough, or knowledgeable enough to be giving advice.  In fact, your advice to just pray the depression away (since God gives us a sound mind), could be downright dangerous to a person struggling with depression.

I just went to Facebook to have a look at Lori Anderson's stuff and, noticed there is another person called "Transformed Wife".   I read a few of her posts and what strikes me is how these women think that they can somehow "makeover" their husbands.  That if only they just ... love enough,  are docile ... whatver ... that they can.   This may be a bit off-topic, but not having grown up Fundie (but exposed to a few people as an adult),  I find this thinking to be so totally out of touch with reality, as I undertand it.

Is Fundamentalism a mental illness?    It seems to be a mindset so different from all that makes sense to me. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori:

Dear Lori, 

Whenever a woman tells you she struggles with depression, you should encourage her to tell someone else.  Anyone else.  Because you are not kind enough, or knowledgeable enough to be giving advice.  In fact, your advice to just pray the depression away (since God gives us a sound mind), could be downright dangerous to a person struggling with depression.

I still struggle with depression...there are times the black clouds roll in, even with meds, a wonderfully supportive husband and good friends. My faith helps...a lot. But, that's in conjunction with the friends and husband and meds. Right now, I'm struggling big-time. Between being unemployed again and my back injury from the car accident...well, I feel totally worthless most of the time now. 

However, Lori's string of advice would probably make me seriously consider jumping off our balcony. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived