IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

That's probably why she made it a point to say they weren't having sex... to get on their good side for pressies.

"Pressies" ugh, oh god, that word is as bad as "panties."

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I missing something here? What is wrong with "panties?"

Me too. As far as I can tell "pressies" ("presents") isn't a word that Americans use much. I had to look it up because I was so unfamiliar with it, so I doubt that Amy uses it.

As for "panties"-- I am sorry to break this to you, my Commonwealth friends--but it is an extremely common word in the United States,used by all classes and ethnic groups. We never use the word "knickers."

So yes, "panties" are certainly in Amy's vocabulary--and my vocabulary, and Hillary Clinton's vocabulary, and Ruth Bader Ginsberg's vocabular...

Me too. As far as I can tell "pressies" ("presents") isn't a word that Americans use much. I had to look it up because I was so unfamiliar with it, so I doubt that Amy uses it.

As for "panties"-- I am sorry to break this to you, my Commonwealth friends--but it is an extremely common word in the United States,used by all classes and ethnic groups. We never use the word "knickers."

So yes, "panties" are certainly in Amy's vocabulary--and my vocabulary, and Hillary Clinton's vocabulary, and Ruth Bader Ginsberg's vocabular...

I'm in the States and can't stand the word "panties" - only because of how creepy it sounds when someone says it in a certain way though. :lol:

Some funny snark on KingDill expecting TLC to air the wedding: theashleysrealityroundup.com/2015/07/23/amy-duggars-fiance-confirms-their-wedding-will-not-be-broadcast-on-tlc/

Personally I think the LH are so outraged over TLC's treatment of their beloved Duggars that they probably see Amy as a victim, too ...

I dont think that the majority of leghumpers are as fundie as the Duggars, in fact I would think they align more with Amy on issues of religion. The real fundies wouldn't have social media to be humping anyone's legs.

I used to HATE the word panties. But now I call my husbands underwear panties just to sound silly and it has stuck. Its funny hearing a grown man ask me where his panties are.

I'm interested to see if she chooses any of the Duggar girls to be her bridesmaids. I can't see her choosing modest gowns, unless she decides to choose a variety of styles in the same color.

I'd love to see Joy as one of her bridesmaids!! She's the only one that seems to keep up with her.

So how do you feel about "moist"?

Or the word "puberty?" :lol:

Panties is my least favorite word in the English language.

I hate it too! Ick!

I stick to underwear, underpants, skivvies, or even under-roos to avoid using it. (And I am in the US and always have been, fwiw.)

The gift quest has begun. She posted an address to send "well wishes" on Instagram but I can't figure out how to post the screen grab.

Yup. How can she say with a good conscience that its not about the presents, but she posts a damn po box!? Grifters, every one of them.

Pro grifters. They've been able to make it so that they don't act like grifters all the time. Leg humpers have bought into them enough they'll give without being asked.

It's like she is bribing them with a "handwritten letter" in return. That is so strange.

Famy, darlin', if you're reading out here:

Successful grifters are usually a tad more subtle. Just a tad.

I dont think that the majority of leghumpers are as fundie as the Duggars, in fact I would think they align more with Amy on issues of religion. The real fundies wouldn't have social media to be humping anyone's legs.

THat made me ROTFL...The Duggars never had social media either. Josh was the first one.

I don't have an issue with saying 'panties' You could say 'unmentionables' too.

“Now, folks, we’re gonna hear the word ‘panties’ used a lot in this trial, so let’s get them giggles out right now.†(starting @ 1:26)

[bBvideo 560,340:2vappvhv]

[/bBvideo]

The leghumpers won't send Famy gifts, so where exactly is she expecting to get them from?

I hope Amy and Dillon will be happy together. I know the goal was to get a romantic country shabby chic vibe going for the engagement but Amy in a spaghetti strap full length gown that was threatening to trip her any moment and Dillon in blue jeans was such an incongruous contrast.

Despite the candles the pictures were pretty dark. Oh well, hopefully the cash from the People spread will help them pay for the wedding and honeymoon.

Dillon needs a new screen name... King Dill Pickle is just squickey.

I'm really tempted to send the cheapest card I can find just to see if she will actually send everyone a "personal handwritten letter".

Archived