IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

Oh, trust me, I've been checking under both names! : )

BTW, There are 3 federally recognized Cherokee tribes, by the way: Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, Eastern Band of Cherokee of North Carolina, and the United Keetoowah Band (UKB). Each have their own membership requirements. Some UKB began emigrating from the Cherokee homeland to northern Arkansas around 1818, I think, before the main forced removals in the 1830s.

Some of my Cherokee ancestors moved to Arkansas around that time, so sure it is possible that Amy is part Cherokee. But given what we know about her and her family, it is extremely unlikely that she has any documentation. It is also unlikely that the possibility of her being part Native American has even had an impact on her, ahem, racial outlook.

I'm sure if you asked her is she considers herself mixed-race--she'd say oh hell no!

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy & Mr. Pickle are registered at Dillard's.

She registered for enough barware to stock a Southern fraternity house.

Wedding date is Sept 6. Clear your calendars.

Amy & Mr. Pickle are registered at Dillard's.

She registered for enough barware to stock a Southern fraternity house.

Wedding date is Sept 6. Clear your calendars.

This September?

I'm honestly surprised because Amy seems like a girl who'd like the big fairy tale wedding. And those things done right (and I'm not even talking about a royal wedding level of perfection here) take time. How can she even book any vendors?

This September?

I'm honestly surprised because Amy seems like a girl who'd like the big fairy tale wedding. And those things done right (and I'm not even talking about a royal wedding level of perfection here) take time. How can she even book any in that time?

I'm confused why they would get married on Sunday (if it is this September)

The Dillards website says:

Event City:

Bentonville, AR

Event Date:

September 6, 2015 (32 days to go!)

Registry #:

I am also confused, but keep in mind that it is Labor Day weekend, so many people will have Monday off.

I also thought practicing Christians rarely married on Sundays--partly because it makes it difficult for out of towners to get back to go to work on Monday, and partly because, assuming they are marrying in a church, they wouldn't be able to set up in the sanctuary until sometime after noon.

And if they aren't marrying in a church, their fundy friends may be unwilling to skip morning services to attend their service.

Maybe Amy is in some sort of hurry (ahem) & this is the only day that was available.

Maybe the ceremony is really on Sat. and Amy thinks she has a bazillion crazed fans who want to crash her wedding & she's trying to confuse them.

I can't decide which gift the Duggars will buy for her--the frozen margarita maker, or the crystal whiskey decanter? So many choices. :D

Dillard's, huh? I've been through their appliances and glassware departments quite a few times. Their stuff isn't cheap - if she and the big pickle have any fundie leghumpers, I'm not sure they'd be willing to shell out that much for a registry gift.

September 6th does seem quite soon, but if the pictures on her instagram are any indication, she and her mom and friends have been shopping and prepping for months now.

My best friend was married September 6, 2009 and it fell just like this year. It was the Sunday before Labor Day so most people had the next day off and doing it on a Sunday cut the cost of the venue drastically.

Didn't she only get engaged 3 weeks ago? So this will be, what, a 2-month engagement?

That is fundy speed!

Didn't she only get engaged 3 weeks ago? So this will be, what, a 2-month engagement?

That is fundy speed!

Ten bucks says she planned it that way in hopes of getting TLC's attention. Or Uncle Jackass told her to do it soon so she could try and get a TV special.

$380 worth of kitchenaid attachments to make pasta? Really?

Homemade pasta is yummy but really? Really?

I have some of those attachments and use them maybe once every two years. I'm sure they have dreams of making homemade pasta until they grow old...

I registered for those and I looooooove them. But I'm half Italian and I make most everything homemade anyway...

As an aside what is a Dillard's? I never heard of it.

Hey Famy and King Idiot Pickle;

How about you make do with things before you have enough money to buy the items that will make the process easier?

Oh silly me! Grifting is a good bet...

I registered for those and I looooooove them. But I'm half Italian and I make most everything homemade anyway...

As an aside what is a Dillard's? I never heard of it.[/quote

It's a chain department store like Macy's. We don't have them where I live but there was one by my mom's house.

My brother is getting married the same day as Amy, so guess I'll have to wait until Monday to see all of the burlap and lace mason jars.

He got engaged in March and it's taken the full 6 months to plan everything. However the wedding is at an outdoor venue, not a church, so there was a lot of messing around with the date to coordinate when the venue was open, when the caterer they chose was available, when the offi, and when the rental company for tables and chairs was available. I guess when the church ladies make the "meal" there isn't a whole lot of coordinating that needs to happen. Amy probably asked the church what the soonest possible day was and went from there. From my experience I just don't see how you could possibly get everything you wanted from just 2 months of planning.

As an aside what is a Dillard's? I never heard of it.

Dillard's is an upscale department store chain (one of the few that is independently owned). They are located primarily in the southern US.

My concern about getting married on a major holiday weekend, and only sending out invites 4-6 weeks in advance is that some guests have already made plans for that weekend.

Amy seems to be in a hurry, but I fear if I speculate why I will get my hand slapped 5 different ways.

My concern about getting married on a major holiday weekend, and only sending out invites 4-6 weeks in advance is that some guests have already made plans for that weekend.

Amy seems to be in a hurry, but I fear if I speculate why I will get my hand slapped 5 different ways.

not from me you won't - because I am thinking the same thing

:naughty:

Kidding. No hand-slapping from me. Personally, I think there are four possible reasons they are getting married this quickly:

1. Amy's pregnant.

2. They want to have sex ASAP.

3. They want to stop feeling guilty for having sex ASAP.

4. They don't care for a huge wedding and feel confident they can pull off what they want in 2 months, so why not?

I think #2 and #3 are most likely.

does anyone else think there's a possibility of amy being pregnant?

It would make sense. Amy isn't fundie so she's not rushing to have sex, that's probably already happened. But looking good in a wedding dress would be important to her.

It would make sense. Amy isn't fundie so she's not rushing to have sex, that's probably already happened. But looking good in a wedding dress would be important to her.

Plenty of non-fundie Christians wait to have sex, though. She could have had sex, of course, but I wouldn't assume she has just because she's not fundie.

Well. . . at least she didn't register for basketballs and other sporting goods, right?

Fiance and I got engaged November of 2013. Our wedding is November 7th of this year - just a few days short of two years. I didn't want to wait that long, but my Fiance did and my sister got married last fall. I'm pretty glad it turned out this way now though. It gave us a ton of time to research and book everything, as well as the time to pad our bank accounts so we don't wind up in debt because of this.

I honestly can't imagine trying to plan a wedding in just two months. If they go for something smaller and more intimate than absolutely - small weddings can be so gorgeous! But if they're doing the whole mega-wedding thing her cousins did. . . then we should prepare now for the clusterfuck that is to come.

And that means booze. Copious amounts of booze. And popcorn. :popcorn2:

Haven't read this thread for a few days.

On the subject of claiming Native American ancestry: 2 of 4 is, through his birth father, the holder of "about one drop" of Pima Tribe blood. While we've looked up the history, (seems to be Texas/Arizona) we know very little about it. He uses it as a curiosity, not to browbeat, or stand superior to anyone. Just wanted it out there that EVERYONE doesn't claim the Big Three.

On Weddings on Holidays: In Mr. Four's family, there have been three weddings in the last year on holidays: Memorial Day, July 4, and coming up on Sept. 6. To me, while this means more people are in town, it also means the holiday weekend is completely blown for people who might otherwise leave town for those holidays. I find it selfish.

And how much barware does one family need?

Archived