IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

Can anyone link to the registry? I can't seem to find it. Does she have a wedding website?

Go to Dillards website. She's under Amy Duggar. I also posted the registry # upthread.

I will add a #5 to a list of reasons why they are rushing to the altar. Perhaps, subconsciously, Amy is worried that King Dill Pickle might get cold feet & bolt, so she wants to lasso him as quickly as possible.

Mt. Pickle already announced to the world that TLC wouldn't be filming the wedding, but we can always hope for webcasting.

Poor Amy, she's only got 31 days in which to be a Bridezilla, & I really do think this short timeframe is going to negatively impact the volume of gifts from "fans".

Do you think there will be a bridal shower at the Duggar compound? In theory hosted by Michelle, but with poor Jana (and maybe Grandma) doing all the work?

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven't read this thread for a few days.

On the subject of claiming Native American ancestry: 2 of 4 is, through his birth father, the holder of "about one drop" of Pima Tribe blood. While we've looked up the history, (seems to be Texas/Arizona) we know very little about it. He uses it as a curiosity, not to browbeat, or stand superior to anyone. Just wanted it out there that EVERYONE doesn't claim the Big Three.

On Weddings on Holidays: In Mr. Four's family, there have been three weddings in the last year on holidays: Memorial Day, July 4, and coming up on Sept. 6. To me, while this means more people are in town, it also means the holiday weekend is completely blown for people who might otherwise leave town for those holidays. I find it selfish.

And how much barware does one family need?

This is probably because I'm currently planning a wedding, but I find that point of view to be a bit unfair in a lot of cases. There are many reasons why someone chooses to have a wedding over a holiday weekend or on a day that isn't Saturday. We have two sets of friends getting married the weekend after our wedding - one couple on Saturday and the other on Sunday. It worked out that way because November tends to be one of the cheaper months for weddings and, in the case of one couple, getting married on a Sunday meant saving a good amount of money on the venue. Is it a bit more inconvenient for guests? Yeah, it is. But they're mature enough to understand that their decision may mean less people can make it.

My view of it is if it conflicts with your plans or you find it selfish, just don't go. I'm assuming no one is forcing you to attend - so just RSVP with a no. If you're immediate family (like its your child getting married) then that is a lot tougher - my view is that the couple should try and accommodate their schedules as well as the schedules of any immediate family members they really want there.

Good hosts will understand that their wedding is not the center of the universe and not everyone can make it. And if they don't understand - is that really a couple you'd want to help celebrate anyways? :lol:

As for the barware: I'm assuming Amy and DillPickle are going to need all that barware for the amount of drinking it takes to get through visits with her Aunt and Uncle's family. Could be wrong though. :D

Go to Dillards website. She's under Amy Duggar. I also posted the registry # upthread.

I will add a #5 to a list of reasons why they are rushing to the altar. Perhaps, subconsciously, Amy is worried that King Dill Pickle might get cold feet & bolt, so she wants to lasso him as quickly as possible.

Mt. Pickle already announced to the world that TLC wouldn't be filming the wedding, but we can always hope for webcasting.

Poor Amy, she's only got 31 days in which to be a Bridezilla, & I really do think this short timeframe is going to negatively impact the volume of gifts from "fans".

Do you think there will be a bridal shower at the Duggar compound? In theory hosted by Michelle, but with poor Jana (and maybe Grandma) doing all the work?

For the love of God, just don't let Savannah plan it!

HAHAHA she needs 8 Moscow Mule mugs?! this girl is insane

ETA at least 3 ice buckets

3 decanters

26 bath towels

too many pillows to count

Wow she must know a lot of people to be expecting this many gifts

:naughty:

Kidding. No hand-slapping from me. Personally, I think there are four possible reasons they are getting married this quickly:

1. Amy's pregnant.

2. They want to have sex ASAP.

3. They want to stop feeling guilty for having sex ASAP.

4. They don't care for a huge wedding and feel confident they can pull off what they want in 2 months, so why not?

I think #2 and #3 are most likely.

Or

5. They are getting married fast while their are still leghumpers to grift from. A year from now the Duggars will old news and there will be a new fundy family for the leghumpers to salivate over.

So I was at first confused by all the references to Dillard's. Then I remembered that it's actually a store.

Why does anyone need three ice buckets? So they can chill the liquor and champagne for large parties?

Who are they planning to entertain, Guns 'n Roses?

For the love of God, just don't let Savannah plan it!

And by "Savannah" I meant "Sierra". :lol:

No, no, no!!!! Wrong, so wrong!!!! A party isn't a party unless Sierra is there with the root beer floats!!

:mrgreen:

Why does anyone need three ice buckets? So they can chill the liquor and champagne for large parties?

Who are they planning to entertain, Guns 'n Roses?

If any Duggarlings wish to get their drink on, they should accept any and all future dinner invites from Cousin Amy.

I thought maybe I missed a new nickname....

I swear I have more than two brain cells left!

And if Sierra is given a new nickname, may I humbly suggest, "Flamingos," or something similar? Those freaking flamingos will haunt my dreams forever. :lol:

$150 for a trash can?

famy must love some kate spade. Seriously $15 for an oven mitt.

and apparently the wedding guests need to buy Famy new luggage.

My brother is getting married the same day as Amy, so guess I'll have to wait until Monday to see all of the burlap and lace mason jars.

He got engaged in March and it's taken the full 6 months to plan everything. However the wedding is at an outdoor venue, not a church, so there was a lot of messing around with the date to coordinate when the venue was open, when the caterer they chose was available, when the offi, and when the rental company for tables and chairs was available. I guess when the church ladies make the "meal" there isn't a whole lot of coordinating that needs to happen. Amy probably asked the church what the soonest possible day was and went from there. From my experience I just don't see how you could possibly get everything you wanted from just 2 months of planning.

Why not? A couple months is plenty of time. She's shown no signs of a real job, she's got a ton of pseudo-employed family, and obviously her album isn't coming out soon. I've planned big events with not a ton of notice. She's got plenty of time to dick around on Pinterest with some chalk markers and burlap.

A Duggar wedding can be done in two months. Look, these are not classy people who want the wedding to be nice and enjoyable for their attendees. Elegant they are not. They revel in their cheapness and doing things backwards. They just want to be photographed and get a lot of gifts. Food will probably include three kinds of pickles so the future hubby can be represented.

A Duggar wedding can be done in two months. Look, these are not classy people who want the wedding to be nice and enjoyable for their attendees. Elegant they are not. They revel in their cheapness and doing things backwards. They just want to be photographed and get a lot of gifts. Food will probably include three kinds of pickles so the future hubby can be represented.

If you had nothing else going on in your life, I bet you could even plan a fancy wedding in two months. They've already got florists and caterers and all that wanting a Duggar wedding, so this is in the bag.

I predict chalk markers, monograms, a photo booth, and burlap. And Mason jars. Moscow mule mugs are expensive to rent, so maybe not those.

But why the huge rush? Amy strikes me as the sort who would enjoy being engaged for at least a few months. It would give her plenty of time to plan and orchestrate her dream wedding AND much more time to reap all the attention. She doesn't have the same restrictions as her cousins, and even if she IS waiting to have sex, plenty of people have ~year long engagements and still wait.

I honestly think that she's either afraid Dillon's going to run and she wants to lock him down ASAP or she's pregnant.

LOL, no one has bought shit off the registry. If her plan was grifting, even that's not working great.

I am hoping for a pickle-flavored groom's cake.

I hope Amy has time to fit in a drunken, sunburned bachelorette weekend somewhere on the Redneck Riviera between now and the wedding day.

Ooh, someone just bought the slow cooker.

Could it be that some of the planning had already been done and the venue booked per the TLC filming plan and then they dropped them, so now they are stuck with the date?

If you had nothing else going on in your life, I bet you could even plan a fancy wedding in two months. They've already got florists and caterers and all that wanting a Duggar wedding, so this is in the bag.

I predict chalk markers, monograms, a photo booth, and burlap. And Mason jars. Moscow mule mugs are expensive to rent, so maybe not those.

Planning a fancy wedding that fast really depends on how flexible you are to be honest. A lot of venues and vendors are booked far in advance - at least they are in my area. If you don't mind compromising and you have the money available then you could probably plan it that fast. It would be tough and stressful, but it is possible.

Could it be that some of the planning had already been done and the venue booked per the TLC filming plan and then they dropped them, so now they are stuck with the date?

This season premiered in February, assuming about 20 episodes the September timing doesn't make sense. Unless they were planning on a stupid makes no sense TLC break and planned to come back for Amy's wedding and baby Blessa.

Planning a fancy wedding that fast really depends on how flexible you are to be honest. A lot of venues and vendors are booked far in advance - at least they are in my area. If you don't mind compromising and you have the money available then you could probably plan it that fast. It would be tough and stressful, but it is possible.

Yeah, exactly. And since Amy is more worldly than her Duggar cousins, I think she'd want a halfway decent DJ, photographer, baker. Early September is still wedding season, and a lot of those people are going to be booked.

But why the huge rush? Amy strikes me as the sort who would enjoy being engaged for at least a few months. It would give her plenty of time to plan and orchestrate her dream wedding AND much more time to reap all the attention. She doesn't have the same restrictions as her cousins, and even if she IS waiting to have sex, plenty of people have ~year long engagements and still wait.

I honestly think that she's either afraid Dillon's going to run and she wants to lock him down ASAP or she's pregnant.

That's what I don't get. I don't get it with any of the girly girls, but especially Amy since there's no religious reason to be speeding this up. Isn't being engaged fun for her? I totally get that some women just want a small simple ceremony and be done with it. But Amy seems like the sort of girl who'd really enjoy having a bachelorette party, a bridal shower, wine-driven Pinterest wedding research, going wedding dress shopping with her mom. I'm guessing she plans on only being engaged once. Why not enjoy it a bit?

Yeah, exactly. And since Amy is more worldly than her Duggar cousins, I think she'd want a halfway decent DJ, photographer, baker. Early September is still wedding season, and a lot of those people are going to be booked.

That's what I don't get. I don't get it with any of the girly girls, but especially Amy since there's no religious reason to be speeding this up. Isn't being engaged fun for her? I totally get that some women just want a small simple ceremony and be done with it. But Amy seems like the sort of girl who'd really enjoy having a bachelorette party, a bridal shower, wine-driven Pinterest wedding research, going wedding dress shopping with her mom. I'm guessing she plans on only being engaged once. Why not enjoy it a bit?

The only part of planning the wedding I've truly enjoyed is the food and cake tastings. :lol:

I kid. Those were my favorite parts, but not the only parts that I enjoyed.

Maybe the wedding isn't that big a deal to Amy? I know she comes across as the type of person who would probably love that sort of attention, but maybe she just doesn't care that much. I mean, Jessa didn't seem to really care about a lot of the details related to her wedding. Now that I'm planning one, I can honestly say I don't blame her much - it can be stressful, especially if you have parents attempting to dictate everything (cough Duggars cough).

I'm guessing that the actual proposal was more of a formality than anything. I'm guessing that they had discussed marriage before that and maybe had already picked a date and bought some stuff.

LOL, no one has bought shit off the registry. If her plan was grifting, even that's not working great.

I just checked and there are a few things bought off of it... considering it's only been 1 day, that's not to bad.

Archived