IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

I can see Amy's wedding reception being "officially" dry, but with all the groomsmen toting flasks and someone spiking one of the punch bowls. Like Southern Baptist Jesus intended.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know she isn't the most perfect rebellious person for the girls to look up to concerning a more normal life, but she is definitely something. Hopefully one of the girls will see Amy happy, in love, and with a good man that she got to know on her own and want the same.

I saw up thread that Amy was never in any of the Duggars wedding party, so at least she won't feel obligated to have a ton of them in hers. She will probably just have a close girl cousin in it to remind everyone that she is a Duggar.

Congrats Amy anyway!

I almost didn't recognize Johanna in that picture! She looks so different. Also, has she had her ears pierced? I don't know why, but I always assumed the Duggars would be against that? Especially in a child Hannie's age.

I'm happy for Amy. She deserves to be happy, even if she has given multiple pieces of her heart away :roll:

The older girls have pierced ears, and I've seen them in quite big dangly earrings. Let's hope at the the minimum they go to the mall as opposed to the ice box and sewing box. Though, you can buy personal piercing guns...

I can see Amy's wedding reception being "officially" dry, but with all the groomsmen toting flasks and someone spiking one of the punch bowls. Like Southern Baptist Jesus intended.

I can see that also.

That is a pretty ring (and big!!!). Where I am from we don't use engagement rings so I don't know a lot about how much they cost, but it looks expensive...I am wondering if her fiancé was able to afford such a ring or if maybe TLC was envolved...maybe Amy will be the one to start the Duggar "re branding"?

On a different note, I was lurking around in her Instagram and found this quote:

"What defines a woman is not whether she bears children,has long hair,the perfect curves,society's ideals,how feminine she is,or if likes to cook.What makes a woman is her essence,her strength,her resiliency,her loving way.It's what's in her mind,heart,and soul.She defines it".

That doesn't sound very Duggarish to me...on the contrary...which made me think (and maybe you guys have more info on this than I do), do you think she was close to the Duggars before the show or she was brought in to add a quote of mainstream Christianity and she just jumped on board?

My sister did something similar. She choose the fabric and color, then let the Bridesmaids choose the length and styles they wanted. Everyone wound up with different styles, everyone was comfortable, and it actually looked really lovely. I'm doing the same thing for my wedding this fall. Maybe Amy could do something like that if she has one or more of her cousins in the wedding party.

That seems to be the trend in the last decade or so, to pick a color and let the Bridesmaids choose the length and style of dresses. My now SIL did that when she married my brother, and most recently, my youngest step sister did the same thing. If bridesmaids believe in "modest" clothing, they're able to follow their religious beliefs without offending the bride since that dress is the same color as the others in the bridal party. If she has Joy in her bridal party, she could go that route if she wants.

I wish her and her fiancee a happy marriage, and I think her ring is pretty. I have to admit that when I heard a Duggar got engaged, I thought it was Josiah.

That is a pretty ring (and big!!!). Where I am from we don't use engagement rings so I don't know a lot about how much they cost, but it looks expensive...I am wondering if her fiancé was able to afford such a ring or if maybe TLC was envolved...maybe Amy will be the one to start the Duggar "re branding"?

On a different note, I was lurking around in her Instagram and found this quote:

"What defines a woman is not whether she bears children,has long hair,the perfect curves,society's ideals,how feminine she is,or if likes to cook.What makes a woman is her essence,her strength,her resiliency,her loving way.It's what's in her mind,heart,and soul.She defines it".

That doesn't sound very Duggarish to me...on the contrary...which made me think (and maybe you guys have more info on this than I do), do you think she was close to the Duggars before the show or she was brought in to add a quote of mainstream Christianity and she just jumped on board?

I think she was somewhat close with them, but still always considered *other* if you know what I mean. There are a number of pictures of her as a young girl with her cousins, but I don't remember seeing many (if any) pictures of when she and Josh were teenagers. She's a conservative Christian though, so they still have a decent bit in common in religious terms. Amy is very feminine, interested in men (not one of those evil lesbians!), works in a feminine field (but will probably be a SAHM), is living with her parents until marriage, loves the Lord, and hates Obama. I think those are probably some of the bigger issues with the Duggars, so they let her be close-ish with her cousins. She seems pretty close with Joy at any rate.

So if they want to test the waters about a duggar comeback a Amy wedding special maybe the thing to do

Or have her use her father's last name (Jordan) and appear on one of the SYTTD or other wedding dress shows on TLC.

Engagement pic! Who's missing here??

11707574_683168028483516_8759598433670814224_n.jpg?oh=1129adfcc4ea273c5aa0a8e87cdd0be9&oe=56241FE9

So if this is an actual current engagement pic, that means my fav lil pumpkinhead James was not sent off to camp Christian soldier sleepaway crap camp. Yay! Unless they are messin' w my mind, and he is, then boo!

My vote is that if she has any Duggar in her bridal party it will be Anna. On the show at least, she appeared palsy-walsy with her. Makes sense since they are with the Duggars, but not with Duggars. They also around the same age etc etc

I'm also guessing she will have a bachelorette party and not a joint party where gals, let's sit our pretty little selves down and watch the menfolk play football, shall we?

So if this is an actual current engagement pic, that means my fav lil pumpkinhead James was not sent off to camp Christian soldier sleepaway crap camp. Yay! Unless they are messin' w my mind, and he is, then boo!

Both she and King dill are wearing the exact outfits from their engagement, so it looks like they came straight over!

Both she and King dill are wearing the exact outfits from their engagement, so it looks like they came straight over!

Where they had a decorated cake waiting? It looked pretty professional and not a Duggar special.

Actually btw, I'm surprised none of the Duggars got into cake making or decorating considering the amount of parties. Maybe that's why so many of them like ice cream. Less effort.

post-11800-14452000534712_thumb.png

Where they had a decorated cake waiting? It looked pretty professional and not a Duggar special.

Actually btw, I'm surprised none of the Duggars got into cake making or decorating considering the amount of parties. Maybe that's why so many of them like ice cream. Less effort.

Maybe they got a head's up phone call, and someone ran down and picked up a cake? I remember an episode where they went at the last minute for a cake for someone...maybe Joy? I can't remember now, but Famy picked an off the shelf cake and they threw the message on quick. We've done that before for my MIL when I didn't feel like making a cake. Most grocery store/WM bakeries will do it.

Maybe they got a head's up phone call, and someone ran down and picked up a cake? I remember an episode where they went at the last minute for a cake for someone...maybe Joy? I can't remember now, but Famy picked an off the shelf cake and they threw the message on quick. We've done that before for my MIL when I didn't feel like making a cake. Most grocery store/WM bakeries will do it.

ETA: The writing on this one looks kind of hurried. It's all squished up on the Dill and you parts. If I would've ordered that cake, I'd have been pissed!

ETA: The writing on this one looks kind of hurried. It's all squished up on the Dill and you parts. If I would've ordered that cake, I'd have been pissed!

Hey Im just happy the rumors were wrong, and James is home and not at ALERT!

RE: the engagement ring: It is lovely, but I'm betting that the center is made up of a number of smaller stones, strategically placed so as to look like a large oval stone. Those rings are very popular right now; and, while they are fairly expensive, are not nearly as expensive as one with a very large center stone.

AFA the cake: To me, the cake and the clothing being the same smacks of the olden days, when they'd re-create incidents, or film them ahead of time. I pray to God that there wasn't a TLC crew in that house... and that the clothing thing was just a coincidence. Of course, parents, etc. being present (and looking decent, I don't look that decent on "just a regular day") also says to me "scripted and being filmed." I HOPE NOT!

Who is the older lady on the left and the guy in the back? And why is Sierra there? Hasn't she been in several recent pics they've put out?

I'm happy that Amy has managed to find a guy who has a steady job (his own business none the less) and someone who isn't going to use the Duggar name for publicity. Hopefully this teaches some of the younger Duggar girls about what to really look for in a man.

In saying that, I think the wedding will be an enormous Duggar affair. Lets face it, Amy wouldn't of gotten her own TV special or any air time whatsoever if it wasn't for her family. I wouldn't be surprised if TLC turn the wedding into a special and reintroduce the Duggars that way (minus Josh). As much as there can be a large age gap between Amy and her younger cousins, I think she still genuinely loves them and would like to see them in her wedding party. Or at least a few of the older girls.

I can just imagine the cowboy boots now.

Who is the older lady on the left and the guy in the back? And why is Sierra there? Hasn't she been in several recent pics they've put out?

No clue. I am guessing they are relatives of his, maybe? I don't see Sierra though.

I can see that also.

I also predict a drunken bachelorette party weekend at some Gulf Coast beach--without any J'Slaves in attendance.

Archived