IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

It reminds me of Diana and Kate's engagement ring, but with a white sapphire instead of a blue sapphire.

I have a replica of this ring that was my mother's, and that is exactly where my mind went when I saw it, too. :)

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ring is gorgeous. Can't tell if the band is yellow or rose gold though...

Dillion posted a pic of it in its box on Instagram, said it was rose gold.

Looks like the ring photo is a stock photo the jeweler had on a website. I'm on my iPhone and heading to work so I can't confirm. But it would be unusual if a pic of the ring in the box was included in the engagement shoot.

New videos of the Duggar's congratulating Amy and Dillon. Yes, they are awkward.

duggarfamily.com/2015/7/congratulations-amy

I feel like the Duggars passive aggressively snub her (not following her on Instagram, keeping her at arms length IRL) so whatever.

I've noticed that too, and to make it even weirder, Jill follows Amy's fiancé on Instagram... but doesn't follow Amy. Jessa makes comments on Amy's posts, but she doesn't follow Amy either. Without reading into it too much, it makes you wonder what their relationship is like off camera.

Dillion posted a pic of it in its box on Instagram, said it was rose gold.

Is this the same jeweler that Derick and Ben went to, the one on the show? He gives them a nod on Instagram ...

I've noticed that too, and to make it even weirder, Jill follows Amy's fiancé on Instagram... but doesn't follow Amy. Jessa makes comments on Amy's posts, but she doesn't follow Amy either. Without reading into it too much, it makes you wonder what their relationship is like off camera.

I suspect that they probably view outsiders similar to how my JW family do. The JWs teach that it's okay to be polite to outsiders in situations like working with non-JWs, but that you must be very careful not to get too close to them or they will tempt you into doing evil so choosing to spend time socializing with non-JWs is discouraged. The Duggars probably are similar. They'll be nice to Amy, but they don't want to get too close because she will lead them astray.

Based on Jinger's face in this family photo (right next to Amy).... Do we think she's legit happy for Amy? I'm detecting insincerity in her crazy grin.

I can see Amy's wedding reception being "officially" dry, but with all the groomsmen toting flasks and someone spiking one of the punch bowls. Like Southern Baptist Jesus intended.

In the egagement pix, I noted a bottle of bubbly in a bucket. No way was that Martinelli's apple cider. Go Amy!

In the egagement pix, I noted a bottle of bubbly in a bucket. No way was that Martinelli's apple cider. Go Amy!

We already know that Amy is not a teetotaller. But I know plenty of Southern Baptists, family members included, who still had officially "dry" receptions in spite of drinking themselves.

Reminds me of a joke one of my uncles liked to repeat:

"What's the difference between a Baptist and a Methodist? The Methodist will tell you "howdy" when he sees you in the liquor store."

We already know that Amy is not a teetotaller. But I know plenty of Southern Baptists, family members included, who still had officially "dry" receptions in spite of drinking themselves.

Reminds me of a joke one of my uncles liked to repeat:

"What's the difference between a Baptist and a Methodist? The Methodist will tell you "howdy" when he sees you in the liquor store."

Good one! Reminds me of my 'Pisky upbringing, where the joke is :"Where two or more are gathered, there's a fifth."

Based on Jinger's face in this family photo (right next to Amy).... Do we think she's legit happy for Amy? I'm detecting insincerity in her crazy grin.

isn't that how jinger always looks? like she's being held at gun-point to smile? so she takes a deep breath and grits her teeth together and forms a 'smile'.

Oh Famy Famy Famy...

So my fav online news source, Radar, is quoting Famy stating that though she has made "past mistakes" She and Dillon have not and will not have pre-marital sex. UG.

Whatver Famy. It sucks that women are encouraged to look at past sexual encounters before The One as "mistakes."

I'm willing to guess that though the are not engaging in vaginal penetration, I'm thinking there is some wiggle room and they are doing some kind of rumpy bumpy... (haha still love that term) At least she is implying that she will use BC post marriage so she's not talking god deciding family size blah blah blah.

ARTICLE:

Traditional After All! Newly Engaged Amy Duggar Says She’s Going To ‘Wait For Marriage’ — But Cops To ‘Mistakes’ In The Past

Unlike her ultra-conservative cousins, the newly engaged Amy Duggar wears makeup, dons teeny bikinis and openly kisses her fiance.

But the 19 Kids And Counting reality star, who also defines herself as Christian, recently told RadarOnline.com that she’s waiting to walk down the aisle before jumping into bed with love Dillon King, 27.

“We’re going to wait for marriage,†the aspiring country singer, 28, revealed to Radar in an exclusive interview this spring. “I have made mistakes in the past, but I can tell you that is something we are waiting on.â€

But, being her usual honest self, she admitted “it’s hard†to stick to her guns.

And though she’s tying the knot, she insisted she’ll keep her free spirit in marriage.

One example? She won’t immediately start a family like very traditional cousins Jill and Jessa. (Jill, 24, and husband Derick Dillard welcomed son Israel two months before their first wedding anniversary; Jessa, 22, and husband Ben Seewald are expecting their first child on November 1— the date of their first anniversary.)

“I don’t plan on getting pregnant right after marriage,†she said. “I want to travel and enjoy not waking up in the middle of the night with a baby.â€

As Radar previously reported, patriarch Jim Bob’s niece and her printing firm owner boyfriend of nine months announced their engagement late Monday night on Instagram.

“He loves the Lord, he makes me laugh uncontrollably, he’s loyal, he’s patient, he’s my best friend. Of course I said yes!!†she told fans.

here's the link for those interested:

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/amy-duggar-no-sex-engagement-waiting-for-marriage/

imagine if this was an article about jana.... :O

I truly hope that Amy and Dill go on to blissful obscurity. (Not snark, I want them to be happy in their obscurity.) I hope they're really compatible and enjoy each others company, and that neither of them have doubts or are moving forward because of a societal exception of marriage and children by a certain time.

Amy never bothered me like she did many others. I don't know why it's okay for people like the Duggars, the Little Couple, the Kardashians, and so on to take advantage of being interesting and/or tangential to interesting people, but Amy was a big old fame whore for doing the same.

LOL. I guess you think the Cousin Amy specials stand alone with her musical talents. :violin:

Good luck with that, Amy.

Is Radar the sort of tabloid that chases people around for interviews? Because something about Amy's response regarding pre-marital sex makes me think she only said that because she was put on the spot.

Quite honestly, I think it's bizarre that certain media outlets even think this matters about her. Amy isn't a fundie like her cousins, and she has never claimed nor aspired to the same dating and sexual practices that they do. She could be (and likely already is) having sex with her fiance.

I think she was put on the spot and felt she couldn't answer any differently without embarrassing her family.

Radar doesn't think the Duggar girls wear make up?

Ha they must have must not have seen the pictures where it looks like Jessa puts it on with a trowel...

They are all naturally beautiful girls, they don't even need makeup! But whatever makes them feel pretty I guess.

One of my psych professors once said "there is some truth to the saying girls that wear a lot of make up lack emotional depth, think about it's common sense"

I will add that he was a total tool but that statement always resonated with me.

Is Radar the sort of tabloid that chases people around for interviews? Because something about Amy's response regarding pre-marital sex makes me think she only said that because she was put on the spot.

Quite honestly, I think it's bizarre that certain media outlets even think this matters about her. Amy isn't a fundie like her cousins, and she has never claimed nor aspired to the same dating and sexual practices that they do. She could be (and likely already is) having sex with her fiance.

I think she was put on the spot and felt she couldn't answer any differently without embarrassing her family.

It's hard to imagine Radar chasing any kind of news down... even an interview with Famy, but evidently it happened. Radar is more of look at old episodes of a show and come up with a scandal; or check out social media and come up with a scandal; or read what other news sources are doing and come up with a scandal; or just make some shit up and come up with a scandal. They like the word SHOCKING too.

Ideally, I wish whatever Famy and Dillon's choice is re sex, she would have just said it's not anyone's business, or made a deal with the reporter for the reporter and Famy to both disclose the details of their sex life.

I don't like that anyone should have to apologize for their past relationships.

I agree with you there, Nic. It really bothered me that she felt like she had to apologise, as well. It isn't a crime that Amy has had previous relationships, and was what made me think she was cornered as opposed to requesting the interview. But either way, it's a shame she didn't tell them it was none of their business.

That's quite a beautiful engagement ring.

Hey, did anyone ever upload a picture of Ben Seewald's crooked wedding ring design to the "Shit I Fucked Up" hobby section of Free Jinger?

Anyone know if it's a real diamond?

Re;Amy in wedding parties Traditionally, many brides will include immediate female relatives (sisters, future SILs nieces, etc) in the wedding party over cousins. In my case I have one brother and no sisters or nieces, so I used a cousin in my small party. I wasnt asked to be in their weddings which made no difference to me.

Aren't flower girls usually really little? (We didn't have one.) Some of them seem a little too old for that.

Archived