IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also have no problem believing that JB and M Duggar have many people in their area who would not consider them friends.

I also have no problem believing that many in their area are silently happy that this information was finally released and these frauds uncovered.

I also have no problem believing that some of these folks might be employed with the various civil service departments that serve the Duggars' community.

I also have no problem believing that JB is a terrible neighbor and community member.

He presents as a know -it -all bully. She came off in the interview as passive aggressive.

Through the show they seem to want to put forth an air of being community-minded by having the kids bake cookies for the firefighters or paramedics or whatever. Or they'll sell their used shit. Any friends come from out of town. Don't you figure he's not very well thought of as a business person?

In other "breaking news"...

In preparation for tonight's continuing "let's say a bunch of shit, while not saying anything at all" fiasco, I went and bought some Redd's Strawberry Ale. As an admitted beer snob, I must say, these are absolutely delightful.

Carry on....

I have some cheap tequila and calorie free lime soda from wally world to keep me company. Poor woman's margarita.

I have some cheap tequila and calorie free lime soda from wally world to keep me company. Poor woman's margarita.

These things are going down a bit too easily. I have a feeling I might make my own "mistakes" tonight with MrSnazzy, though heaven help him if he sleeps through it.

I have to pick up my hub's at the airport at 7PM- 40 miles away and over some mountains...and into the biggest city in Northern CA- on a Friday night. Have pity on me.

I have to pick up my hub's at the airport at 7PM- 40 miles away and over some mountains...and into the biggest city in Northern CA- on a Friday night. Have pity on me.

I will have a Redd's Strawberry Ale, in your honor. Have a safe drive there and back.

I seem to fixate on a different aspect of the story everyday. This morning I woke up feeling aggravated by Jill and Jessa and I figured out it was because of the air of entitlement they give off, "We shouldn't be punished..." meaning don't take away our show and our magazine covers. I don't think these girls have any idea of how little they are entitled to and how fantastically lucky they have been.

Most celebrities in America are famous for some kind of skill: writing, acting, sports, music, inventing, business and/or for being exceptionally smart and/or exceptionally beautiful. The Duggar girls are none of these things. They are vapid, dull, and undereducated. They have no special skills, they are just average or under average in every aspect of their lives (well, ok, Jessa is a bit prettier than average.) Yet look at how much attention, money, and gifts have been showered on them in the past 18 months. It boggles the mind.

From the EW article:

“Josh was a boy, a young boy in puberty and a little too curious about girls,†Jessa Seewald, 22, told Kelly. “And that got him into some trouble. And he made some bad choices, but, really, the extent of it was mild – inappropriate touching on fully clothed victims, most of it while [the] girls were sleeping.â€

So this is now the party line: It was over the clothes, everyone was asleep and Josh was a young boy. They can repeat this crap until they are blue in the face but I think the truth has already gotten out and it is too late for this version to stick. This stinks a bit of PR-- just keep repeating the party line and eventually that will be taken for the gospel truth. Sometimes this tactic actually works in politics and FOX News is a master at doing it.

Will there be commentary on here tonight for the girls interview?

While Fox News is available to me here in Canada, it's a premium specialty channel and there's no way I'm paying extra for that steaming pile.

Yes, there will. Buzzard will be recapping.

The more important question is:

If there is running commentary, do I need to run to the store, and buy mimosa fixin's?

I have a bottle of wine right here for the event. It sounds like it's gonna be important to have alcohol handy to handle the WTFery.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3112710/This-older-brother-love-s-conflicting-Jessa-Jill-Duggar-break-molestation-pain-left-scared-sad-justify-brother-Josh-s-repeat-offenses-result-puberty.html

no broken links bc dailymail

and people mag people.com/article/jill-duggar-jessa-duggar-josh-duggar-not-pedophile-fox-news-megyn-kelly-interview

"I love my brother...."

Edited for riffles and frippery

"I love my brother....." I'd never front hug him, but he's a neat guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3112710/This-older-brother-love-s-conflicting-Jessa-Jill-Duggar-break-molestation-pain-left-scared-sad-justify-brother-Josh-s-repeat-offenses-result-puberty.html

no broken links bc dailymail

and people mag people.com/article/jill-duggar-jessa-duggar-josh-duggar-not-pedophile-fox-news-megyn-kelly-interview

"I love my brother...."

Edited for riffles and frippery

I read this and my head about exploded:

We've never claimed to be a perfect family; my parents have always actually stated you know, we are not a perfect family.

Perfection was never the point, though. Your family hid this because you all wanted to go on television acting like models of wholesome values; and if anyone knew the gig would be off. I can totally understand why nobody said anything because it's only logical to want a quality of life that doesn't resemble a third world country - and with over a dozen kids, it takes more than flipping burgers to accomplish that. Motive>means>opportunity. Otherwise would mean no more $$$$, house, adoring fans, being celebrities for simply existing, ect.

Stop pretending that this is about everyone expecting too much of your family when it's about the pious way you presented your collective selves to the world (and subsequent and very judgmental political involvement).

I hope that Jim Bob gets sued by the person he claimed took a bribe to release the records. Does he think he can say just anything he wants? I think it might be awfully educational to Jim Bob, Michelle, their kids, and their sons-in-law if Jim Bob got taken to court and made to pay up for saying something that's wrong and slanderous.

Jim Bob doesn't strike me as the kind of man who gets a lot of admiration and respect from most other people in his life, because he's an ignorant buffoon. And if you go to a good college--the accredited kind--people start to ask you to explain yourself, explain your thinking, and back it up with factual information (or make some adjustments to your ideas, if they can't be backed up). You have to attend discussions where everybody else isn't going to anoint you the Grand Poo-Bah Who Cannot Be Challenged. In the course of those years people tend to grow a lot in their understanding of the world outside their own heads. And they realize, mostly, that in order to get along with other people you have to listen to them and sometimes even (gasp) change your mind! This often makes people who are pretty arrogant to begin with a lot more open and likable and capable of reasoning.

In order to avoid anything like this Jim Bob seems to have isolated himself more and more from the outside world, and anointed himself Grand Poo-Bah of the Universe As The Duggars Know It. He's not here on earth to learn, apparently: he's here to lay down the law to the chillun and wimmenfolk.

What unattractive characteristics. I can well believe that locals don't all worship at the Church of Jim-Bob is Swell, a church so small that he can hold services in his house. BOY did the show go to his head and convince him he's admirable. No, he's not. He just has more children than most men do, unless they helped pay their way through university by making donations at sperm banks. (I'm not sure they'd accept his "offerings," incidentally. Mostly they look for college men who are physically attractive. That lets JB out.)

I think the Church of Jim-Bob is losing more and more members by the day and he doesn't know what hit him. He doesn't even have enough sense to just SHUT UP till he can creep quietly back into his burrow and get forgotten again.

I've done the airport run at rush hour here in Chicago. I feel your pain. Good luck!

IDK, seems like a red herring, doesn't it?

Interesting that you bring up Oprah again. I was listening to something and heard them talk about the parent company of TLC being Discovery Communications. Interesting enough, Discovery Communications now owns/co-owns Oprah's OWN Network. So, I think Oprah will be mum on this one. That probably means no scholarships for the girls either.

Discovery Communications http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Communications

In other "breaking news"...

In preparation for tonight's continuing "let's say a bunch of shit, while not saying anything at all" fiasco, I went and bought some Redd's Strawberry Ale. As an admitted beer snob, I must say, these are absolutely delightful.

Carry on....

What do they taste like.

Most celebrities in America are famous for some kind of skill: writing, acting, sports, music, inventing, business and/or for being exceptionally smart and/or exceptionally beautiful. The Duggar girls are none of these things. They are vapid, dull, and undereducated. They have no special skills, they are just average or under average in every aspect of their lives (well, ok, Jessa is a bit prettier than average.) Yet look at how much attention, money, and gifts have been showered on them in the past 18 months. It boggles the mind.

I was thinking about this, too. They've spent a good portion of their lives for being paid to exist. TLC didn't put them on television for any measurement of talent or intellectual ability, but only because they're Boobchelle's kids.

Even Paris Hilton tried to make her own music CD. It's sad when wayward Hollywood royalty upstages the product of "wholesome family values."

Hurry back, I'm looking forward to your commentary!

So this is now the party line: It was over the clothes, everyone was asleep and Josh was a young boy. They can repeat this crap until they are blue in the face but I think the truth has already gotten out and it is too late for this version to stick.

So do we know yet what actually happened? I know there were said to be two instances when the girls were awake, but other than that, how did the actual story differ from what they are saying? I'm having trouble keeping straight the speculation vs. what we've deduced.

I can't like this enough. Things are bad out there for young people, even working multiple jobs. Also, would you hire a Duggar now for a fast food type job? Would you want the issues that would go with it? It would be worse for them than your average mid 20s high school graduate, and there isn't much out there for the average person either.

I don't disagree with you. The original questions is that the girls would be unable to to go to college w/o their parents support.

So do we know yet what actually happened? I know there were said to be two instances when the girls were awake, but other than that, how did the actual story differ from what they are saying? I'm having trouble keeping straight the speculation vs. what we've deduced.

Based on the police summary Josh touched some girls while they slept on the breasts and vagina. JB and M said in Kelly interview it was always over the clothes and while they slept except for two incidents.

In police report two girls said they were touched while awake.

One girl while sitting on josh's lap was touched on vagina and she told on him.

One girl was touched under her dress in the laundry room.

I suppose these were the two incidents that Jim Bob was talking about.

These all amount to forcible fondling.

The other day, I wrote a post on my personal blog about Wednesday's horrific interview, and I've been getting quite a bit of traffic. These are some of the search terms that people having been using:

duggar child predator

josh duggar sexual predator

duggar liars

duggars lie

duggars are liars

I don't know what today's interview is supposed to accomplish. Jill and Jessa are even less articulate and more brainwashed than JB and Michelle and could barely string two sentences together on a good day. If they're thinking that this last-ditch effort may save the show or the possibility of a spin-off, they're sadly mistaken. Jill and Jess need to be prepared to cut coupons and maybe even work a 9-5 job, because the gravy train has left the station and it isn't coming back. :penguin-no:

JB admitted somewhat reluctantly to Megyn that sometimes the girls were sleeping...and sometimes not. There were at least 2 incidents in the police report of girls awake (in the laundry room and sitting on Josh's lap.) He also said that there some touches under the clothes...but only for a few seconds! As to Josh's youth (which the girls are now describing as puberty) during the year recorded in the police statement he was almost 14 when it started. Jim Bob variously described him as "13 going on 14" and then later in the interview "14 going on 15."

ETA: Also we were never really sure which of the 5 daughters were molested. Jill and Jessa both outed themselves.

The other day, I wrote a post on my personal blog about Wednesday's horrific interview, and I've been getting quite a bit of traffic. These are some of the search terms that people having been using:

duggar child predator

duggar liars

duggars lie

duggars are liars

I don't know what today's interview is supposed to accomplish. Jill and Jessa are even less articulate and more brainwashed than JB and Michelle and could barely string two sentences together on a good day. If they're thinking that this last-ditch effort may save the show or the possibility of a spin-off, they're sadly mistaken. Jill and Jess need to be prepared to cut coupons and maybe even work a 9-5 job, because the gravy train has left the station and it isn't coming back. :penguin-no:

In order to put a little pressure on TLC I plan to start googlebombing: TLC is Touching Little Children.

duggar child predator

duggar liars

duggars lie

duggars are liars

It's the "God forgave him, WE forgave him, so stop being mean to us, and forgive him too, you godless liberal heathens" interview.

Read the police report, specifically Jim Bob's report of what happened and the summary of the officer's conversation with the children. Two of the reported instances involved girls who were awake, one on his lap and the other in the laundry room. By deduction, it appears these are the two youngest girls, one about 5 at the time and the other 8/9. The little girl in the laundry room incident started to cry when the officer asked if she knew why she was being interviewed.

Given the length of time involved, I find it hard to believe these were the only instances, and I don't believe the older victims slept through everything he did to them. By the time any of victims were talked to, 4 years had passed since the initial incident. Their parents had plenty of time to manipulate their memories and coach them for the '06 interview.

It's the "God forgave him, WE forgave him, so stop being mean to us, and forgive him too, you godless liberal heathens" interview.

Oh yeah, I've been dreading that since getting up. You are a horrible, bad, no good person if you don't love our Joshie.

Archived