IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

I can't like this enough. Things are bad out there for young people, even working multiple jobs. Also, would you hire a Duggar now for a fast food type job? Would you want the issues that would go with it? It would be worse for them than your average mid 20s high school graduate, and there isn't much out there for the average person either.

Thankfully, even despite this recent scandal, most of the country does not know the Duggars by sight. My parents could frequent a Subway where Jinger was working every week and have no idea anyone involved in tv or this scandal was ever there.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, the whole "illegal release" thing was a bunch of deflecting hooey. Boob is more interested in protecting the records of juveniles than preventing child abuse. That much says volumes about him.

"I wonder why all of this press is not going after the system for releasing juvenile records. That is a huge story." Oh yeah, he was so hoping to get the focus shifted away from THE REASON THEY WERE THERE BEING INTERVIEWED. Nice try, James Robert.

I actually believe it is EXTREMELY difficult to get aid if you are under 25 and claiming your parents do not support you. I believe at the school I attended they only made an exception if you could show evidence that you had been legally emancipated before you finished high school or some other extremely arduous legal process. Otherwise everyone would argue that their parents are supporting them. Its an extremely unfair system for kids who have parents who make a large enough income to exempt them from aid but whose very parents also refuse to financially help them pay for college.

Just FYI, I didn't write any of that quoted above! lol I have no idea about the fin aid process as I never qualified for any.

They're saying the release of info was legal. The suspect at the time was an adult, names were redacted and the report had not been sealed. The Duggars were wrong to make claims that the release was illegal.

So sayeth TMZ.

And as loathesome as TMZ can be (according to my brother), it is headed up by a lawyer (Harvey Levin) and I'm sure they've had their share of lawsuit threats. I'd trust them over some good old boy looking to curry favor with the local celebrities.

They're saying the release of info was legal. The suspect at the time was an adult, names were redacted and the report had not been sealed. The Duggars were wrong to make claims that the release was illegal.

So sayeth TMZ.

I have no idea about the legal issues here, but while the report was redacted, IMO, they did a shitty job of it as it was immediately clear who the victims were. They should have redacted the parents names and the victim addresses too. But I don't really know how they would have summarized anything Josh did without implying it was his sisters he did it to.

Another OMFG

"My credentials are god's command to 'exhort one another' and the people I have the privilege of helping."

Qualifications? We don't need no stinking qualifications!

gawker.com/preview/the-truth-about-josh-duggars-sham-cult-center-counseli-1709335574

I have no idea about the legal issues here, but while the report was redacted, IMO, they did a shitty job of it as it was immediately clear who the victims were. They should have redacted the parents names and the victim addresses too. But I don't really know how they would have summarized anything Josh did without implying it was his sisters he did it to.

I agree. I think they should have redacted the addresses as well. Even if they legally didn't have to redact them, it really falls into "moral obligation" (imo at least), to save some semblance of privacy.

I also have no problem believing that JB and M Duggar have many people in their area who would not consider them friends.

I also have no problem believing that many in their area are silently happy that this information was finally released and these frauds uncovered.

I also have no problem believing that some of these folks might be employed with the various civil service departments that serve the Duggars' community.

I also have no problem believing that JB is a terrible neighbor and community member.

He presents as a know -it -all bully. She came off in the interview as passive aggressive.

And as loathesome as TMZ can be (according to my brother), it is headed up by a lawyer (Harvey Levin) and I'm sure they've had their share of lawsuit threats. I'd trust them over some good old boy looking to curry favor with the local celebrities.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of TMZ, and I wasn't even much of a fan of In Touch Weekly but even I have to admit they are doing a thorough, honest, and direct-to-the-point mash up of everything wrong with the Duggars.

I don't want to reopen a debate (or make it worse) but I wanted to throw my two cents out there concerning what is or is not reasonable to expect from the Duggar girls.

I am not comfortable treating them like children any more than I am comfortable treating Josh like he is still a child. Until a psychologist says that they are unable to look out for their own interest and appoint a legal guardian for them, I don't see the point in debating their ability to make decisions for themselves. If they can sign a contract with TLC, go do an interview on national television despite claiming to feel victimized by the media, then they can decide whether to stay in the cult or leave it. They came out with a smiling selfie right after the scandal broke out so I'm not inclined to believe that they are doing this at gunpoint (literal or figurative).

Like I said in another post, they are disadvantaged but then they also have advantages that affords them a lot more options than most other people have, fundy or not. They also have tons of supporters who are fans of the show and supporters right here who would help them escape should they so want to. I didn't even have an ounce of the love and support poured out to them when I broke away from my nutty family and relatives; so from my perspective, they're pissing away a good opportunity to get out while they can.

Well said- great points! I am sorry you didn't have more support when you made the very adult decision to live your own life.

I know I come off as as a completely heartless bitch about these adult Duggars but they are adults and at some point people have to start realizing this.

Well said- great points! I am sorry you didn't have more support when you made the very adult decision to live your own life.

I know I come off as as a completely heartless bitch about these adult Duggars but they are adults and at some point people have to start realizing this.

And no one is willing to give JB or M one inch of give and they entered the cult when they were about Jill's age. No free pass for them. {and rightfully so]. If you get a knock for entering a cult, you should also get a knock for staying in a cult.

If you're adult enough to marry, live outside the home and procreate a dependent-on-you- being, you're old enough to accept the responsibilities of and consequences for your words and actions.

Gripe of the day:

Jimbob says that victims should be allowed to tell their stories, not a tabloid.

He says this as though he cares about victims rights, while minimizing Josh's behavior like "it's not rape or anything."

Boobchelle both agreed on national television that they didn't think the situation was serious enough to get Josh out of the house until the youngest victim was molested, so in their own way they acknowledge Josh's behavior was escalating but still downplay it as though he didn't really do any permanent harm.

How can they pretend to care about victims rights when they are more wiling to crusade against releasing juvenile records than preventing childhood sexual abuse? Proof positive they care more about what happens to Josh than little girls.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of TMZ, and I wasn't even much of a fan of In Touch Weekly but even I have to admit they are doing a thorough, honest, and direct-to-the-point mash up of everything wrong with the Duggars.

They have been on FIRE with this. I kind of expected TMZ to be decent with this, but In Touch Weekly legitimately shocked me. I'm sure InTouch will be back to its usual drivel, once this is all over and done with, but for now, they are kind of impressing me.

They have been on FIRE with this. I kind of expected TMZ to be decent with this, but In Touch Weekly legitimately shocked me. I'm sure InTouch will be back to its usual drivel, once this is all over and done with, but for now, they are kind of impressing me.

Some of the articles implied they had more documents to release, does anyone know if that is the case? If so why have they not released it yet? They have been strategic so far, so maybe they are waiting until after this interview?

I also have no problem believing that JB and M Duggar have many people in their area who would not consider them friends.

I also have no problem believing that many in their area are silently happy that this information was finally released and these frauds uncovered.

I also have no problem believing that some of these folks might be employed with the various civil service departments that serve the Duggars' community.

I also have no problem believing that JB is a terrible neighbor and community member.

He presents as a know -it -all bully. She came off in the interview as passive aggressive.

When I lived in North West Arkansas Jim Bob was pretty much seen as an annoying gnat who would pop up to politicize every once in a while and everyone who wasn't connected to his cult would just roll their eyes.

There were those uninformed voters who saw him as some pillar of christianity but for the most part he wasn't thought very highly of among the masses. Especially not once the area became more urban from Walmart workers coming from all over.

Noooo, not at all!

And I agree with you, they are legal adults and as such carry the same rights and responsibilities the rest of us have. They are burdened by more psychological problems, without a doubt. But they cannot reap the benefits of adulthood while shouldering none of the responsibilities.

I agree. They're pretty horrible when it comes to following celebrities around but they're pretty careful about what they put out there from a legal standpoint. Of course if they have to they'll throw a bunch of "allegedly" speak in there, but not in this case.

Same here, I got the latest issue of ITW and was disappointed to see them including a pictorial history of Kim K's chronological weight gain. But I am glad that they are using their influence for a better reason with the Duggars.

Just FYI, I didn't write any of that quoted above! lol I have no idea about the fin aid process as I never qualified for any.

Lol my bad!!! Sorry I messed up the tags....

I noticed it was missing from my "to do list" as well. So I went looking. It's airing but Directv (or whoever) changed the title from "The Kelly File" to "The Kelly File Special."

Mine says that now, too. The narrative states that JimBoob and Mullet will be interviewed. :roll:

Some of the articles implied they had more documents to release, does anyone know if that is the case? If so why have they not released it yet? They have been strategic so far, so maybe they are waiting until after this interview?

I think you're right. One time I read that there's like 55 pages total that they recieved and so far they've released about forty (give or take).

This is a fairly shrewd move on their part, and perhaps it's to see how many lies they'll catch the Duggars in.

Not to mention that if this had been reported properly to begin with and an investigation done at the time, it would have been sealed.

In other "breaking news"...

In preparation for tonight's continuing "let's say a bunch of shit, while not saying anything at all" fiasco, I went and bought some Redd's Strawberry Ale. As an admitted beer snob, I must say, these are absolutely delightful.

Carry on....

Worse than the fact that they are being made to lie, or that they believe what they are saying, is that other abuse survivors or current abuse victims will listen to them and think they are making too much of a big deal of their own abuse. The girls will do so much damage to other people by minimizing what happened to them in a public forum. They are in no way required to spill all the details or sob about their pain on television, but what they will say will most likely be a horrible thing for survivors to hear.

Exactly. And among those abuse survivors are their own sisters.

Not to mention that if this had been reported properly to begin with and an investigation done at the time, it would have been sealed.

Yes, yes yes a thousand times yes. Josh never had a "record" to be sealed. This was only a police report.

They want Josh to have all the benefits of juvenile offenders without him ever being adjudicated or otherwise gone through the system.

This falls squarely on their shoulders.

Archived