IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

Meh, I think the Jessa/Jill interview, is nothing more than, JB and Michelle, desperately grasping at straws, trying to regain the public's favor.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that most of us here have seen right through the Duggars schtick for years, but their collective response to this debacle is really the glue that seals the entire deal.

If they were the devout, Godly people that they have been attempting to present to the world via their TV $how, they'd have admitted their faults and culpability, asked for forgiveness and the ability to quietly and privately lean on their faith and family to resolve their problems and heal. They would have cancelled their show and gone back to private lives and their ministry.

There would have been no minimizing behaviors, excuses, blame game, deflection, talk of agendas or bribes. There would have been no entitled offspring crying about how life is not fair and being victims, despite the fact their parents had just spoken to the contrary. Lies would not have been spoken. Class, grace, strength and dignity would have been shown.

They will know that we are Christians by our love....or not.

We knew they were fakes...they just proved it to the world.

It's easy to present as having it together when times are good, but true character is revealed with times are tough.

It's been 2 weeks, even I expected better.

Will there be commentary on here tonight for the girls interview?

While Fox News is available to me here in Canada, it's a premium specialty channel and there's no way I'm paying extra for that steaming pile.

Could the Duggar kidults even get jobs waiting tables these days in the US? Serious question. I couldn't get a job as a waitress here in the UK because I "lacked experience", and I actually had previous employment and references on my CV.

I honestly wonder if any of the Duggar kidults would be able to get a job in the real world. They have no referees, no past experience, nothing to make them stand out from 20-somethings with 5 years' experience in the industry.

I don't think people realize how bad the economy has been for young people. There are plenty of college graduates struggling and fighting for basic jobs like being a waitress or barista. The Duggar girls would likely not find employment right away and even full time employment at minimum wage is barely enough to make ends meet let alone pay for schooling. And they have no credit history so they can't get ebil credit cards let alone a loan for school without a co-signer.

I get really frustrated when people argue that young people today are lazy or entitled when the world is very different than it was for past generations. I know so many older adults say things like "I paid for all my own school without any debt." But then you ask them how much school cost and tuition was literally a couple hundred dollars.

A high school graduate is not likely to make much more than minimum wage so working 40-60 hours a week would probably not cover most instate tuition and living expenses for a part-time student. Community college and tech schools are good options for some people but there is no guarantee that graduating will actually significantly improve your job prospects considering there are so many college graduates unemployed and also competing for jobs.

I don't want to reopen a debate (or make it worse) but I wanted to throw my two cents out there concerning what is or is not reasonable to expect from the Duggar girls.

I am not comfortable treating them like children any more than I am comfortable treating Josh like he is still a child. Until a psychologist says that they are unable to look out for their own interest and appoint a legal guardian for them, I don't see the point in debating their ability to make decisions for themselves. If they can sign a contract with TLC, go do an interview on national television despite claiming to feel victimized by the media, then they can decide whether to stay in the cult or leave it. They came out with a smiling selfie right after the scandal broke out so I'm not inclined to believe that they are doing this at gunpoint (literal or figurative).

Like I said in another post, they are disadvantaged but then they also have advantages that affords them a lot more options than most other people have, fundy or not. They also have tons of supporters who are fans of the show and supporters right here who would help them escape should they so want to. I didn't even have an ounce of the love and support poured out to them when I broke away from my nutty family and relatives; so from my perspective, they're pissing away a good opportunity to get out while they can.

Don Lemon has Bart Hester on now! The senator that's defending the Duggars and calls for the police chief to be fired.

I'm loving the CNN post-game show and FJers reporting it. Keep it up!

While Fox News is available to me here in Canada, it's a premium specialty channel and there's no way I'm paying extra for that steaming pile.

The more important question is:

If there is running commentary, do I need to run to the store, and buy mimosa fixin's?

I don't think people realize how bad the economy has been for young people. There are plenty of college graduates struggling and fighting for basic jobs like being a waitress or barista. The Duggar girls would likely not find employment right away and even full time employment at minimum wage is barely enough to make ends meet let alone pay for schooling. And they have no credit history so they can't get ebil credit cards let alone a loan for school without a co-signer.

I get really frustrated when people argue that young people today are lazy or entitled when the world is very different than it was for past generations. I know so many older adults say things like "I paid for all my own school without any debt." But then you ask them how much school cost and tuition was literally a couple hundred dollars.

A high school graduate is not likely to make much more than minimum wage so working 40-60 hours a week would probably not cover most instate tuition and living expenses for a part-time student. Community college and tech schools are good options for some people but there is no guarantee that graduating will actually significantly improve your job prospects considering there are so many college graduates unemployed and also competing for jobs.

I can't like this enough. Things are bad out there for young people, even working multiple jobs. Also, would you hire a Duggar now for a fast food type job? Would you want the issues that would go with it? It would be worse for them than your average mid 20s high school graduate, and there isn't much out there for the average person either.

I believe that within the financial aid process, someone can distinguish between if they are receiving financial support or other support from their parents.

I don't believe that they would need their parents as a 'co-signer' on loans either.

Do you think that no other children have ever been in a situation where they are not receiving family support?

There is also the Technical College route that is a Liberal Arts and Sciences associate degree that if they take college transferable courses from an accredited institution almost always transfer to a four-year college.

I don't buy this argument at all.

I actually believe it is EXTREMELY difficult to get aid if you are under 25 and claiming your parents do not support you. I believe at the school I attended they only made an exception if you could show evidence that you had been legally emancipated before you finished high school or some other extremely arduous legal process. Otherwise everyone would argue that their parents are supporting them. Its an extremely unfair system for kids who have parents who make a large enough income to exempt them from aid but whose very parents also refuse to financially help them pay for college.

hulkuss.com/watch-fox-news-live-streaming/

For those who need a way to watch.

Edited to break link, just in case.

TMZ Live is on right now. They're coming back after the commercial to discuss something the Duggars said about the police chief that they clearly got wrong. :cracking-up:

Yes, Buzzard is planning to recap tonight. Please send good thoughts and alcohol her way.

I'm loving the CNN post-game show and FJers reporting it. Keep it up!

I saw that guy on this morning, or at least I think it was the same guy. Sunny Hostin got quite angry with him as he seemed to buy the Duggar version hook line and sinker, or really didn't know the facts at all.

To me it seemed like he was in the dark and shilling for conservative Christian votes.

You can live stream it here: hulkuss.com/watch-fox-news-live-streaming/

Yes, Buzzard is planning to recap tonight. Please send good thoughts and alcohol her way.

You know it!

Thanks

I agree with those who say that this interview with Jill and Jessa tonite will likely do a great disservice by minimizing victims' reactions to sexual assault/molestation.

I was never molested as a child,but sexually assaulted as an adult in a work environment. It took days for me as a 34 year old to find the courage to admit what happened as I was afraid of the ramifications.

To see Jessa smirk when asked if she felt like a victim in that clip made me want to 1) vomit and 2) slap the snot outta her!!

Choosing from fear is still choosing.

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill

I will choose a path that's clear

I will choose freewill

:disgust:

Fuck you, Duggars. Signed, a Rush fan

They're saying the release of info was legal. The suspect at the time was an adult, names were redacted and the report had not been sealed. The Duggars were wrong to make claims that the release was illegal.

So sayeth TMZ.

I'm looking forward to reading your recaps in the morning, Buzzard! I SO appreciate you doing this, as we don't get Faux News over here.

They're saying the release of info was legal. The suspect at the time was an adult, names were redacted and the report had not been sealed. The Duggars were wrong to make claims that the release was illegal.

So sayeth TMZ.

Yep, the whole "illegal release" thing was a bunch of deflecting hooey. Boob is more interested in protecting the records of juveniles than preventing child abuse. That much says volumes about him.

I guess Jessa is my sample of the day. I don't think she wants to break away. Forget that she has travelled, been on cover of mags, 1000's of fans... if she really wanted to breakaway from JB & TTH she wouldn't have gone into courtship and then married a 19 yo that she knew would keep her dependent on the system.

Also did you hear how Bart Hester demeaned Sunny Hostin by calling her "You, Lady!" and "I don't even know your name." What a sexist pig... and he is the Arkansas Senator?!

He's a state senator who represents Bentonville in Little Rock, which is bad enough. Just to clarify that he's not one of the two AR senators who serve in Washington, DC.

Great post. Times have changed hugely since I was able to pay my own way through college many years ago. I had saved up enough money to cover my first year's tuition at a state college, plus cost of books, and other extras. My dad kindly paid for my first year in the dorms, which included the meal plan. After that, I paid for all my college expenses, and I was able to do so by working part-time during the school year, and then working full time during the summer months. I just don't see how a 18-20 year old with no job experience could do the same now. As an example, I was checking on estimated college costs recently because my son will be a senior next year. If he attended the local state college and lived at home, the estimated annual cost is $11,960. If he worked all summer long at $10/hour, 40 hours per week, that would give him a gross income of $4,800. Take out taxes, let's say he gets $4,000 and for some miraculous reason, doesn't spend one single dime of it on anything. That still leaves nearly $8,000 he would have to come up with. That is also assuming he'd find a temporary job for 40 hours a week, at $10/hour.

I think the point is moot in the Duggars case, because I don't see that any of the kids have expressed much interest in higher education. They've been too indoctrinated by their parents to be highly suspicious of anything beyond Gothard-approved bullshit.

Archived