IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

We don't know this, unless I missed someone definitively saying it. In fact it seems likely they are not doing this unless we are told otherwise.

What part don't we know? The part about "under the clothes" that both the police report and their interview proves is correct, or Jessa talking in the third person about victims?

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are some quotes from the girls in tonight's episode. basically, they want us to forget all about it and shut the fuck up! Now give them their damm spin-off show because "We are just a family, with challenges and struggles just like anybody else."

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jill-duggar-on-brother-josh-duggar-we-are-not-a-perfect-family-201556#ixzz3cDPcC1Ij

I don't think I can hold back tonight on these two.

What the

Why did they need to be referred to as anyone's wife? I can see mentioning they're married, but shit, the Chattel Meter just went through the fucking roof here.

I know I am not personally trying to say he was an adult. I'm just saying it's crap that he didn't know better at 14 than to touch his sisters. That seems to be the excuse that not only the Duggars, but a couple of posters on here seem to have, and it just isn't right. A teenager should know that is wrong, end of story. Even most tweens should know that it's wrong!

He knew it was wrong because he confessed. Why would he tell his parents if he didn't understand there was an issue with what he did? He waited until his sisters were asleep. Another indication he knew he was up to no good.

Here's the only portion where they discuss the time between the molestation and the 2006 visit to Oprah:

"KELLY: Ok, so it's all behind you, for all intents and purposes. Then in 2008, you launched a reality TV show. What would make you launch a reality TV show about your family given this past?

J.B. DUGGAR: You know, back early on, it was after all this was taken care of in 2002-2003, we actually had a magazine that came to Michelle and said, hey, can we do a story about your family? And we said yes, that would be fine.

KELLY: But are you thinking at all, wait, this might not be a good idea because when you bring cameras into your home, they tend to discover things and people get more interested in you.

J.B. DUGGAR: We had nothing to hide. We had taken care of all that years before. And when they asked us to do the reality TV show, all of this had been taken care of five years before and we had a clean bill of health from the state. We said you had gone through counseling, you told the police..."

Once again illustrating that JB got his schooling in arithmetic at the SOTDRT . . . .

And, again, if they had nothing to hide - why not put it all right out there from the beginning? That is, after all, one of the strategies in issues management - you get ahead of the story and control the narrative.

??? It was too private to air on TV ???? *chases tail . . . * Clearly, a certain level of naivete about how life in the public eye works.

More thoughts. Jill was talking about "no one made them do this interview." I can accept that that may be true, if only from the standpoint that they were told "if you want any chance of keeping our show then you'd better tell them the "right" story." But where she and Jessa talk about not being forced to forgive-that is 100% pure and utter bullshit.

I don't know about that... I think it's possible that the forgiveness mentality was so engrained in them over the course of their childhood that by the time they were molested, they truly didn't feel like JB & M encouraging forgiveness was 'forcible forgiveness'. I had a very religious upbringing and have forgiven things I shouldn't have necessarily, but I never felt forced to forgive as an adult... It was engrained inside of me that forgiveness is what you do when someone wronged you, and I chose to do what had been beaten into me all my life... I think Jessa and Jill are probably reacting in the same way, where they don't feel they were forced to forgive Josh / this instance because forgiveness was something forced on them so long it became part of who they are. Hopefully that made sense.

What part don't we know? The part about "under the clothes" that both the police report and their interview proves is correct, or Jessa talking in the third person about victims?

We don't know they interviewed a victim alongside a non victim. It's likely that they are NOT doing that, unless otherwise explicitly stated.

The girls referring to victims as third parties isn't surprising - they've already claimed not to remember the abuse and referred to it as a "stupid mistake". I don't think they (publicly) identify as victims. I'm sure their parents have had a hand in encouraging that spin.

Sassy posted something interesting about the dates and the dates of the last five children were born

was Michelle pregnant during the times he did molested the girls?

Michelle was always pregnant.

Why did they need to be referred to as anyone's wife? I can see mentioning they're married, but shit, the Chattel Meter just went through the fucking roof here.

To me it just made think are Derick Dillard and Ben Seewald so famous that everyone should recognize their names? Like George Clooney and Brad Pitt these two.

More thoughts. Jill was talking about "no one made them do this interview." I can accept that that may be true, if only from the standpoint that they were told "if you want any chance of keeping our show then you'd better tell them the "right" story." But where she and Jessa talk about not being forced to forgive-that is 100% pure and utter bullshit.
That she even has to make that point speaks volumes as to the opposite being true.

It might not have been the case that they said, 'Forgive your brother!', but they could have said something like, 'Now Jill, you know that we've prayed about this and God has forgiven Josh. It's time for you to decide where your heart lies. Are you going to follow God's example?'

So much choice.

Michelle was always pregnant.

Personally, and of course speculative, I think that contributed to Josh acting out and reaching out for attention.

I haven't experienced it myself, but I have read numerous accounts by children who escaped controlling fundy parents who actually had to wait 'til they were past 25 to attend college because their parents refused any cooperation in providing financial information. I understand that one can obtain financial aid without parental cooperation, but it seems that the school really has to go out of their way to make it possible. Most won't bother.

It's not only college, too. I got my driver's license when I was 27 years old.

I don't know about that... I think it's possible that the forgiveness mentality was so engrained in them over the course of their childhood that by the time they were molested, they truly didn't feel like JB & M encouraging forgiveness was 'forcible forgiveness'. I had a very religious upbringing and have forgiven things I shouldn't have necessarily, but I never felt forced to forgive as an adult... It was engrained inside of me that forgiveness is what you do when someone wronged you, and I chose to do what had been beaten into me all my life... I think Jessa and Jill are probably reacting in the same way, where they don't feel they were forced to forgive Josh / this instance because forgiveness was something forced on them so long it became part of who they are. Hopefully that made sense.

Whether it was ingrained from birth or taught as a new lesson when the molestations happened, they still weren't left with any free will to decide whether to forgive or not. That brainwashing is hard to overcome.

Jessa admitted the other day she was a victim. WTF.

She may have been talking about being a victim of the media. What quote(s) are you referring to?

Seriously, who wrote the hidden letter? I wonder if Oprah is trying to figure out a way to blow a hole in their story without making it worse for anyone but M & JB. Or if the letter was written for forgiveness. Or by Josh.

I'm shocked one of their kids was alone long enough to write something that wasn't reviewed by the buddy system.

And in this subject, why didn't the Duggars accuse this person of an agenda or bribe? A church member. No liberal agenda there.

I feel like their PR guy is trying to salvage the brand (and failing horribly, but. Is this the same PR guy that let Fuckabee go ahead and post that defense of Josh all over social media?) because EVERY TIME they get asked about the girls, the victims, etc, they immediately talk about Josh. Like if they say "nah, it's fine now" enough times people will go with it, but if they empathize with the victims even a little bit, people will realize how truly fucked this all was.

Maybe THAT'S the "logic?"

sorry if this has been posted before, i've been skipping a lot of posts trying to keep up.

Reading here about going to college, I was just thinking of the Duggar kids being fans of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks. Just football, I guess? No one in the family goes or went there if I'm not mistaken. I get that rural areas lack professional sports teams, but something about them being fans and knowing the official cheer just bugs me. I guess this was deemed a wholesome activity even though going to school there was verboten? Did they attend games? No TV, so that would have eliminated the unhealthy viewing of cheerleaders....

It's just so strange to think of any other instances of them being allowed to show interest in something so ....secular and rife with possibilities. I'm sure it was a controlled experiment. Maybe a way of showing they're just regular kids. Now line up for the camera and do that cheer!!!

We don't know its a victim alongside a non-victim. If I'm wrong and we somehow do know that I am sorry. I thought Jessa was talking in the first person about being a victim, but I may have misheard.

She may have been talking about being a victim of the media. What quote(s) are you referring to?

Next step in the average Joe's thought process:

If I think the public is victimizing me via the media,

should I really be pushing so hard to maintain a TV show that relies on public support and attraction, and allows me no privacy?

Wouldn't it be better to no longer feed the public monster, eliminate the opportunity of me being repeatedly victimized by that monster, and go back to having my privacy as an average citizen???

Plus, Jessa, you do not like cake (your own words), so need to demand to have your cake and eat it too.

Next step in the average Joe's thought process:

If I think the public is victimizing me via the media,

should I really be pushing so hard to maintain a TV show that relies on public support and attraction, and allows me no privacy?

Wouldn't it be better to no longer feed the public monster, eliminate the opportunity of me being repeatedly victimized by that monster, and go back to having my privacy as an average citizen???

Plus, Jessa, you do not like cake (your own words), so need to demand to have your cake and eat it too.

"But it's all lies and we have to set the record straight! He isn't a child molester!" /sarcasm

Has the Jill n' Jessa Dog and Pony show been cancelled for tonight?

I had it programmed on my DVR, and now The Kelly File has been replaced with TO BE ANNOUNCED! :?

I had it programmed on my DVR, and now The Kelly File has been replaced with TO BE ANNOUNCED! :?

Interesting. No change on Fox News' Kelly File page... yet...

RE: safeguards because Josh.

I just got done watching a video about how "no boys babysitting" ect. It seemed those "safeguards" were only more extreme reinforcements of gender roles. Rather than view what Josh did as a violation of the most basic human right to not be touched without consent; they viewed it as a "sin" to be solved by increasing the gulf between boys and girls with the girls shouldering more of the nurturing duties.

As we can see this didn't help because Josh went on to offend several more times, correct? Because rather than teach Josh that women and girls are people with rights to be respected they pushed off even more duties onto the girls - almost like they were punishing the girls themselves for what had happened. The victims were still kept in a subservient position to their abuser, how does that help anything?

And how does this affect the boys, I wonder? How out of touch are these parents with their own kids that they couldn't see that Josh was one boy out of many; and that since they couldn't see warning signs in Josh, they subsequently treated ALL the boys like they were suspect after the fact which punishes them for doing nothing wrong. Yeah, that's not going to create neurosis (/s). It's a major failing on their part to acknowledge (by their actions after the fact) on one level that their rigid teachings of gender contributed to the problem while continuing to teach them in a more extreme manner and making it worse for everyone.

Could they have actually gotten it pulled after seeing how poorly they came across the other night, not to mention the responses already coming out from the snippets being shown? If that's true, where do these people get that kind of power? Fox wouldn't willingly give up those ratings.

Archived