IGNORED

Erin and Chad 11: How Does Anyone Sleep?

Coconut Flan

We tried sleep training but my daughter is a contact child and would prefer to be touching one of us 90% of the time, even at two and a half.  After weeks of consistency on our part, it never got better so we would stop to try again when she was a bit older and maybe more "ready" because we were gonna have a breakdown.  We tried a few times starting after 4 months but finally gave up for good when she figured out how to vault out of the crib around 1 (not walking yet).  If we aren't able to have a second kid, I don't think I'll regret a second of this contact time.

I assume she will move out on her own somewhere before she leaves for college, but eh.  She doesn't snore.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8

7 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I assume she will move out on her own somewhere before she leaves for college, but eh.  She doesn't snore.

I agree. We don’t do sleep training (and I don’t think it’s advised by pediatricians here). We have a consistent night routine - brushing teeth, putting on pjs, choosing a book for a good night story, reading a good night story - and that usually works pretty well as long as we make sure bedtime is at a time when our son is actually tired. Most nights he wakes up in the middle of the night and comes over from his room into our bedroom half-asleep. We then let him sleep in our bed.

Would I prefer him sleeping in his own bed in his room through the night until he wakes up in the morning? Of course!

Is it a big deal that he comes over in the night? No. Sometimes it’s actually adorable to hear what he says the moment he wakes up in the morning. And yes, he’ll only be little for so long, and him feeling safe and secure in the night is what matters most to us.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 14

Sleep training was recommended at her 12 month wellness check but the sleep consultant discharged us after a week because she screamed all night, every night and then declared a hunger strike. I couldn’t let this continue. Since then, we had a few months of her sleeping in her own bed for a few hours and then she started refusing to that. At 3.5, she doesn’t sleep through the night, needs milk three times a night and insists on my bed. She sleeps diagonally and my back and neck are so sore from clinging to the edge of the bed. I can’t let her scream though so …..

• Love 11

7 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Sleep training was recommended at her 12 month wellness check but the sleep consultant discharged us after a week because she screamed all night, every night and then declared a hunger strike. I couldn’t let this continue. Since then, we had a few months of her sleeping in her own bed for a few hours and then she started refusing to that. At 3.5, she doesn’t sleep through the night, needs milk three times a night and insists on my bed. She sleeps diagonally and my back and neck are so sore from clinging to the edge of the bed. I can’t let her scream though so …..

Could you put a little bed next to your bed? I say this as someone who literally hallucinated from sleep deprivation due to child #2. He slept in his own small bed next to my bed until he was about 6. That was the only way I could get any sleep. Well that and night weaning him from breastfeeding at 2.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Omg this is a look on poor Erin. You think Alyssa and Erin could have switched places to hide the compression socks.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0a968486e871fe1321c56244f6174020.png

• Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Omg this is a look on poor Erin. You think Alyssa and Erin could have switched places to hide the compression socks.

Hide contents

why? she is extra speshulll with all she has to endure to make her extra speshul miracle prayed for carson baby boy come into this world. those socks are a badge of honour. 

Oh and that brunette sister never smiles with teeth, not a judgement just an observation

I wonder if she is self conscious, hates photos, hates her smile, not really happy or just a preference?

Teeth or no teeth far out the bates make pretty girls. Wonderful genetics, pity about how they indoctrinate them.  

Edited by AussieKrissy
add stuff
  • Upvote 11

10 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh and that brunette sister never smiles with teeth, not a judgement just an observation

I wonder if she is self conscious, hates photos, hates her smile, not really happy or just a preference?

When the Bates girls have their braces, they don't show their teeth when they smile (check out old pictures of Carlin/Katie/Josie). She may just be in the habit by now.

• I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, indianabones said:

When the Bates girls have their braces, they don't show their teeth when they smile (check out old pictures of Carlin/Katie/Josie). She may just be in the habit by now.

yes a very good possibility

• Upvote 1

My son and his wife were recently told to put their 10 month-old son to bed before he was asleep. Apparently he cried softly for a few minutes the first night, and that was that. My son is a letter carrier and works long hours, but when he gets home, he takes charge of the baby and has this full nightly routine with him, so not much changed except a bit of timing. 

I have not the heart to mention that if they have a second child, things might be wildly different. He was a very calm baby himself, his younger brother didn't sleep through the night until he was well over two. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Hide contents

Erin looks a lot like Michael there.

LOL it's definitely a choice. Another one would be to wear a longer skirt or flesh coloured socks as not to call attention to them, but, 'look at me' carrying another golden penis!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Why hasn’t Erin announced her baby name yet? Doesn’t she usually do that by this point? It’s probably a sign of how much work I have to do that I am avoiding, but I’m getting impatient to know her golden penis name choice!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Johannah said:

Why hasn’t Erin announced her baby name yet? Doesn’t she usually do that by this point? It’s probably a sign of how much work I have to do that I am avoiding, but I’m getting impatient to know her golden penis name choice!

Maybe Chad actually has a strong opinion on this child because it’s a boy. And they can’t agree. 

• Upvote 4

They posted pics of the extended Paine family celebrating grandpa Paine.  Anyone able to pick out Tabitha? 

Hero of the faith? 🤮

Chad’s dad looks reptilian.

Also, there’s a little girl sitting in the front row with full undie exposure. News alert fundies - dresses (no matter the length) are not the more modest choice for active children. Also, they sell bike short type spandex to go under dresses for just this purpose - active kids who want to wear dresses and not expose their underwear. (I am not remotely offended by children’s undergarments, just pointing out the example of fundie flawed logic here). 

• Upvote 7

22 hours ago, JMO said:

They posted pics of the extended Paine family celebrating grandpa Paine.  Anyone able to pick out Tabitha? 

Yes, she’s standing next to Tim 🤢 so they are still together.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

On 7/27/2023 at 12:19 PM, JMO said:

Anyone able to pick out Tabitha? 

The first thing I did when I saw someone share the post! They’re easy to spot because Tim is wearing a light, solid mint green shirt. Tabitha is to his right. 

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Johannah said:

Hero of the faith? 🤮

Also, there’s a little girl sitting in the front row with full undie exposure. News alert fundies - dresses (no matter the length) are not the more modest choice for active children. Also, they sell bike short type spandex to go under dresses for just this purpose - active kids who want to wear dresses and not expose their underwear. (I am not remotely offended by children’s undergarments, just pointing out the example of fundie flawed logic here). 

Yes, I never understood that. If you want to cover everything up, pants are the obvious choice. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 7/28/2023 at 12:58 PM, Jackie3 said:

Yes, I never understood that. If you want to cover everything up, pants are the obvious choice. 

Obviously the child wasn't spanked for not sitting like a lady. It only takes a time or two and you learn. (Oh, sorry, that was just me, right?)

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

In the late  60's/early 70's, little girls wore dresses that were essentially long shirts. They literally came up to the top of your thigh. I look at class pictures from the time, and all the little girls were wearing these "dresses." You can even see it on old shows like the Brady Bunch. 

I was an active kid and I can remember doing things like monkey bars, swings, all the time. All the little girls did.  What a show it must have been. It was so impractical and absurd that makes me angry now. For the record, I hated those dresses, and changed into pants as soon as I got home.

I also remember kids singing "I see London. . ." They had plenty of opportunity to sing that song.

Thankfully, fashions changed a few years later, when the fashion gods decided that horrible polyester pantsuits were the best things for young girls to wear.

• Upvote 5

On 7/28/2023 at 10:46 AM, Johannah said:

Hero of the faith? 🤮

Even the Duggars put pants and shorts under the little girl’s dresses.

• Upvote 5