IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 5

Coconut Flan

On 8/27/2023 at 11:08 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It makes me think Jessa likes short girl names with a botanical influence. That’s sort of why I was thinking Rose. But there’s also Iris or Sage. But who knows if she likes some longer names too. Like Violet or Magnolia. 

Agree - I think Rose is very likely. Iris is pretty similar to Ivy, so I see her going for Rose over Iris. And Sage can be either sex, and Jessa strikes me as the type that doesn't want to give her children gender neutral names. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, viii said:

Agree - I think Rose is very likely. Iris is pretty similar to Ivy, so I see her going for Rose over Iris. And Sage can be either sex, and Jessa strikes me as the type that doesn't want to give her children gender neutral names. 

If Jessa liked longer girl names, I would guess Marigold. Because it’s less popular like Fern. But everyone’s heard of it. 

• Upvote 4

For Jessa’s newest pregnancy:

girl name: Olive or Briony (I know it’s out there, but so are Spurgeon and Fern!) or Ruby. I would have gone for Willow, but that was already used by a Bates daughter (not sure if they’d care though).

boy name: Sage or Elijah or Ash or Phineas (yes that last one is completely out of left field, but I think it would go with Spurgeon in a totally weird way).

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Jessa liked longer girl names, I would guess Marigold. Because it’s less popular like Fern. But everyone’s heard of it. 

Not sure if I’d actually name a girl Marigold (even if I was in the US), but I really do like this one, it’s unusual and has a bit of an old-fashioned vibe to it (not sure if that’s just me, I’m not a native English speaker), but in a cool, retro way.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GreenBeans said:

For Jessa’s newest pregnancy:

girl name: Olive or Briony (I know it’s out there, but so are Spurgeon and Fern!) or Ruby. I would have gone for Willow, but that was already used by a Bates daughter (not sure if they’d care though).

boy name: Sage or Elijah or Ash or Phineas (yes that last one is completely out of left field, but I think it would go with Spurgeon in a totally weird way).

Not sure if I’d actually name a girl Marigold (even if I was in the US), but I really do like this one, it’s unusual and has a bit of an old-fashioned vibe to it (not sure if that’s just me, I’m not a native English speaker), but in a cool, retro way.

Yes, it’s definitely a little retro. Sort of like Fern. I think Ben is the one who doesn’t much like retro names but Jessa does.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Names I could see J/B using: Boy (First Name)- Thatcher, Graham or James. Middle names- James or Graham. Combo- Thatcher Graham, Thatcher James, James Graham or Graham James

Girl (First Name) These are the names that I could see them using: Sage, Jade or Juniper (June). Middle names- Lauren, Michelle, Guinevere, Gwyneve

Names I like that sort of fit their pattern; Marigold (Mari), Clementine (Tiny or Tina), Rose, Violet.

I really like Rose (Rosie), particularly as a middle name, but I doubt they will use it.

ETA: Poppy was also on my like list as well as Rosemary. I love Rosemary Seewald , but I don’t think they’d use it. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Tori & Bobby Smith:

-Boy: Cooper/Kooper, Caleb/Kaleb, Cameron/Kameron, Calvin/Kalvin, Connor/Konner, Cody/Kody, Chase

-Girl: Claire/Klaire, Caroline/Karoline, Kendra, Courtney/Kourtney, Kylie

• Upvote 4

Tori and Bobby: 

Kruz Gilvin Smith
Kallen George Smith
Kyrie William Smith 

Clara Emerald Smith
Chelsea Blue Smith
Chapelle Rose Smith

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Bobby and Tori:

Boy: Corbin 

Girl: Coralie

You mean “Korbin” or “Koralie”, right? 😁

Isn’t Tori the one with all the “K” names?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

You mean “Korbin” or “Koralie”, right? 😁

Isn’t Tori the one with all the “K” names?

Boys are K, girls are C.

So it would be Korbin or Coralie.

• Thank You 2

Bobby and Tori:

Boy- Ridiculous, made up name starting with a K OR Gilvin but they’re going to call him Karver

Girl- Ridiculous, made up name starting with a C OR a cute name like Claire

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Boy- Ridiculous, made up name starting with a K OR Gilvin but they’re going to call him Karver

How about Kilvin? 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 4

On 10/15/2023 at 4:01 AM, CarrotCake said:

Boys are K, girls are C.

So it would be Korbin or Coralie.

Do we know why? Is the K for Kelly?

20 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Do we know why? Is the K for Kelly?

I thought after Charlotte was born, Tori had said there was no K/C pattern pointing out that Kade is just a nickname. Then she named the next daughter with another C name. So I don’t think Tori can be held to the K/C names, but it makes it easier to guess potential names when you stick to the K/Cs.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

It’s possible she just likes C or K names so far. Since she knows she will have a bunch of kids, she might break the pattern this time around and choose Paisley or Luke.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 10/15/2023 at 12:13 AM, JDuggs said:

Tori and Bobby:

Girl: Cassidy Shay or Cassia Maeve

Boy: Kyler Shay or Krew Easton

Kyler or Krew--those are good!

Kash Gatlin

Colby Adalyn or Cressie Eden

• Upvote 4