IGNORED

Karissa Collins 2: Riding Her High Horse

Coconut Flan

On 4/30/2024 at 8:03 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember Karissa is the one who had a very sick child (Anthym) and still took her out to eat knowing she was sick. After lunch she finally took the poor child to the ER. 

And that, again, was because her mom was at lunch with them and made her do it.

• Upvote 3
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, indianabones said:

And that, again, was because her mom was at lunch with them and made her do it.

Let’s hope her mom is able to make it to her homebirth. If it’s a very fast birth, she might not make it in time. And then she won’t have someone with fucking sense to recognize and emergency. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

For Mother’s Day, they allowed each of the kids to pick where they went for an activity/meal over the weekend (lunch, dinner and dessert Saturday and Sunday, shopping Saturday and Sunday, movie Sunday). She also allowed them gum, candy and slime, which she said was a mistake. Looks like a weekend of fast food and cheap crap. It also sounds like way too much family togetherness in a short time. She wants to make it a new tradition. 

As per usual with Karissa, she talks about how much it cost and how they are normally good stewards of their money. Shut up about cost and be thankful you have the financial wherewithal. Many of your followers don’t. How about not loading your kids up with a weekend of junk food and either donating some of that money to a food bank or doing a volunteer experience with your kids? 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 3

30 minutes ago, postscript said:

For Mother’s Day, they allowed each of the kids to pick where they went for an activity/meal over the weekend (lunch, dinner and dessert Saturday and Sunday, shopping Saturday and Sunday, movie Sunday). She also allowed them gum, candy and slime, which she said was a mistake. Looks like a weekend of fast food and cheap crap. It also sounds like way too much family togetherness in a short time. She wants to make it a new tradition. 

As per usual with Karissa, she talks about how much it cost and how they are normally good stewards of their money. Shut up about cost and be thankful you have the financial wherewithal. Many of your followers don’t. How about not loading your kids up with a weekend of junk food and either donating some of that money to a food bank or doing a volunteer experience with your kids? 

She called it a yes weekend and it definitely wasn’t. Each kid got to choose one thing. That’s it. And the thing they chose had major parameters. So they could only choose from a small list. The places to shop were all dollar store type places (5 Below and Popshelf). And almost all the food places were fast food. Then one of the youngest kids chose the movie. And I think they let him choose Planet of the Apes. Which is PG 13 and is really long. I’m sorry but most of the kids were too young to sit there and watch it. They’re were other movies that would have been a much better choice. Like Garfield. She had parameters for what stores and fast food places, why not for the movies? These kids got ONE choice for a whole weekend. How fucking sad. I bet they get almost no choice in their lives. 

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She called it a yes weekend and it definitely wasn’t. Each kid got to choose one thing. That’s it. And the thing they chose had major parameters. So they could only choose from a small list. The places to shop were all dollar store type places (5 Below and Popshelf). And almost all the food places were fast food. Then one of the youngest kids chose the movie. And I think they let him choose Planet of the Apes. Which is PG 13 and is really long. I’m sorry but most of the kids were too young to sit there and watch it. They’re were other movies that would have been a much better choice. Like Garfield. She had parameters for what stores and fast food places, why not for the movies? These kids got ONE choice for a whole weekend. How fucking sad. I bet they get almost no choice in their lives. 

When she initially posted about it, I thought it would be something like allowing each kid to decide if they wanted to spend the afternoon at a water park, a botanical garden, a kids’ museum, something like that. But that would be too little control for Karissa. It was essentially a weekend of cheap food, with the kids stuck with whatever event they drew (why not allow them to trade off?) and limited in their options. 

The idea isn’t a bad one, but her execution sucked. They would have done better if they’d spread it out over several weeks and given each kid some real choices. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

24 minutes ago, postscript said:

When she initially posted about it, I thought it would be something like allowing each kid to decide if they wanted to spend the afternoon at a water park, a botanical garden, a kids’ museum, something like that. But that would be too little control for Karissa. It was essentially a weekend of cheap food, with the kids stuck with whatever event they drew (why not allow them to trade off?) and limited in their options. 

The idea isn’t a bad one, but her execution sucked. They would have done better if they’d spread it out over several weeks and given each kid some real choices. 

That’s Karissa. And I think it’s a big reason why she refuses to do holidays and birthday parties for her kids (besides the money and time). She is honestly frantic in her day to day life. She reminds me of a friend I had with untreated ADHD. I’m not diagnosing. Just saying that’s how disorganized she is. I’m betting she’s left kids at random places many times. And there’s absolutely no way she could get her kids to school every day in time. No way. Everything in their life is disorganized chaos. 

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s Karissa. And I think it’s a big reason why she refuses to do holidays and birthday parties for her kids (besides the money and time). She is honestly frantic in her day to day life. She reminds me of a friend I had with untreated ADHD. I’m not diagnosing. Just saying that’s how disorganized she is. I’m betting she’s left kids at random places many times. And there’s absolutely no way she could get her kids to school every day in time. No way. Everything in their life is disorganized chaos. 

My guess is "disorganized chaos" is the default state of most of the families FJ snarks on. The Maxwells are on one extreme and I'd put the Rods* on the other. Any time I've met people who have four children close in age (4 in 4 or even 4 in 4) it's some semblance of organized chaos. But any more than that (13, anyone?) would be hopeless unless someone were on the Maxwell extreme. Various posters over time have reported that a number of families here (Andersons, Rods, Duggars, etc) are out of control when in public. It's rarely from the families themselves but from people reporting on fundies in the wild  they could be lying but from what I've seen of families with "only" four it's entirely believable. (Ftr the families I've known with four back to back children have actually done really well. But they also didn't have a fifth!)

*I'm not familiar enough to know if the Nogs would be better as the Maxwell opposite or not. I figure Jill's posts and family pix at all hours counts for a lot of chaos. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, postscript said:

As per usual with Karissa, she talks about how much it cost and how they are normally good stewards of their money.

And it was $803, right? For 10 kids and probably the parents as well! At 4 meals out, including two desserts, and a movie (I'm not counting their gifts/toys because they were Dollar store crap) $67 per head is cheap. 80 if the parents' expenses weren't included or the two youngest weren't getting anything.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MariaariaM said:

And it was $803, right? For 10 kids and probably the parents as well! At 4 meals out, including two desserts, and a movie (I'm not counting their gifts/toys because they were Dollar store crap) $67 per head is cheap. 80 if the parents' expenses weren't included or the two youngest weren't getting anything.

She thinks it’s a brag. Like look at all this money we spent on the kids! But that’s not much per child. Most people in the US spend more than that per child at Christmas. Karissa doesn’t understand that she doesn’t spend much money or time on EACH child. She’s like wow! 800 bucks! That would be a ton of money spent in my family of four for a yes weekend. But for 12 people? Nope. Having child after child means each child gets less. That’s all there is to it. That’s basic elementary school math. 

• Upvote 2

She’s announced the name. And it’s . . . Arrow Chosen.

That has to hit a new low, even for Karissa. According to earlier posts, this was Mandrae’s choice. If so, he’s every bit as crazy as his wife.

The announcement is accompanied by a video of all the kids with their hands on her belly. 

Edited by postscript
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

16 minutes ago, postscript said:

That has to hit a new low, even for Karissa. According to earlier posts, this was Mandrae’s choice. If so, he’s every bit as crazy as his wife.

The announcement is accompanied by a video of all the kids with their hands on her belly. 

You know what’s funny? She said she had a dream she was going to have twin boys and name them Archer and Arrow. The thing about these fundies is that they will never tell you all the dreams and visions they had that were completely wrong. They will only tell you about that one correct vision out of hundreds. And will say, “see! That’s proof of god talking to me.”

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, postscript said:

I think part of the reason is the rest of kids have An- names, except for Armor.  It makes sense they would add another Ar- name to their quiver.

On 3/23/2024 at 3:49 PM, BensAllergies said:

Karissa is having boy #4. Maybe this one will be Arrow? That’s a name she’s mentioned before, back when she was sure she was going to have boy twins and give birth at Target.

Yes, that's the name.

• Thank You 1

Whoo hoo I finally predicted a fundie baby name correctly. I couldn’t remember which one I had chosen (ha!) from the dream twin names. But @Bluebirdbluebell helped me remember.

But…poor Arrow. I bet a lot of people will think they misheard the name and think it’s actually Aaron or even Arlo.

• Upvote 3