IGNORED

Erin and Chad 11: How Does Anyone Sleep?

Coconut Flan

When they’re discussing Carson’s name, Chad very explicitly says, “Carson is not a nickname for Charles.” Erin said, I regret not calling him Charles, and said that Carson had asked to be called Charles, but that she couldn’t switch an 8 year old’s name. 

My guess if baby #7 is a girl is that she will be named Brighton. Erin said they were talking about that one a lot, and Chad said yeah that’s a real pretty name. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Johannah said:

When they’re discussing Carson’s name, Chad very explicitly says, “Carson is not a nickname for Charles.” Erin said, I regret not calling him Charles, and said that Carson had asked to be called Charles, but that she couldn’t switch an 8 year old’s name. 

My guess if baby #7 is a girl is that she will be named Brighton. Erin said they were talking about that one a lot, and Chad said yeah that’s a real pretty name. 

Why can’t you switch an eight year old’s name, particularly if he wants to? People change names all the time. 

She just doesn’t want to switch it.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I Then they broke up with the lucrative Bates Sisters Boutique which is now doing better than ever. 

Better than ever? I’m not so sure.If you google “Bates Sisters Boutique”, a sponsored ad comes up. It’s been that way for weeks.

People don[‘t run expensive google ads unless they are trying to increase business. This is evidence that they are not doing “better than ever.”

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If they have a third boy, who wants to bet he’s Henry. Since she seems to be going down the British monarchy line of succession. And she wanted to call a girl English

That would be George. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Johannah said:

You can absolutely change an 8 year old's name. If that's what he prefers, they should call him that. Oy. My guess is that Erin really doesn't want to call him Charles. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

I actually follow a random influencer that just named a baby Novi. She got it from a random company name during the credits of Hocus Pocus. Apparently, it is quite confusing as she pronounces it No Vee but there is a town in Michigan that is pronounced Nov-eye. I know a few Novas but that is a type of star... so I understand its origin. 

To be fair, Carson can go by any name he wants. How many Joeys end up saying they prefer Joe or Jospeh? 

• Upvote 4

I don’t understand why Carson can’t be called Charles, if that’s what he’s said he prefers? Isn’t his legal name Charles? So what is she saying can’t be changed, then? 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

32 minutes ago, Keys said:

I don’t understand why Carson can’t be called Charles, if that’s what he’s said he prefers? Isn’t his legal name Charles? So what is she saying can’t be changed, then? 

There's nothing stopping the boy from being called his legal name except his mother. 

I hope the unfortunately named Kade Smith insists upon being called Robert when he's 7 or 8. 😂

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

English?!?! What the actual fuck!? 

Wow, they would have had one child named “Holland”, and one named “English”. Not even “England”, but “English”. It’s ridiculous. I mean, I guess “regions of countries that are not officially countries but used synonymously by some people” is kind of a theme as well. 😂 They could have gone for “Wales” for a boy. 😁

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Novi makes me think auf the Czech/Slovak word nový (or Polish nowy) which translates to "new". I can get the idea of naming a new human "new" but I think that would wear out pretty quickly once the human is not new anymore.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, LancetteShing99 said:

Novi makes me think auf the Czech/Slovak word nový (or Polish nowy) which translates to "new". I can get the idea of naming a new human "new" but I think that would wear out pretty quickly once the human is not new anymore.

Novi Paine could marry Newman Keller haha.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

English Paine just sounds like they are describing Gordon Ramsey. 

But he’s Scottish, by birth anyway. He was born in Johnstone in Renfrewshire.

• Thank You 4

I'm so happy chad didn't let her choose one of those hideous names 😁👏 or one of the K names she liked and passed down to Tori's poor kids,

btw how do you think tori is feeling, Erin choose a decent name for her son but suggested a horrible name for tori's son 😅

Edited by Dbm

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing one of the only book sets Erin read as a kid was Anne of Green Gables. Because her last name list had Avonlea on it and now this list has Blythe (as in Gilbert). And now I am thinking, what the hell is wrong with the names Anne, Gilbert, Marilla, or Matthew if she loved the books so damn much?!

I don’t know any boys in real life who have Blythe as a first name, but I do know a little girl. I think it’s traditionally used as a girl’s first name.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, Angelface said:

But he’s Scottish, by birth anyway. He was born in Johnstone in Renfrewshire.

Thanks. I just went by his accent. Which sounds English to me. 

23 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I don’t know any boys in real life who have Blythe as a first name, but I do know a little girl. I think it’s traditionally used as a girl’s first name.

Blythe Danner is Gwyneth Paltrow’s mom. She’s also an actress. I tend to think of it as a name normally given to female babies. If she loves Gilbert so much, then go with Gilbert. There’s nothing wrong with the name. But it’s boring to Erin. She has to have unique and special names for her unique and special babies. 

I think she did this with a few of her kids. Charles is too common so she went with Carson. Evelyn is too common so she went with Everly. That’s why William is a bit of a surprise to me. I really do think they will end up with a nickname. I have a cousin named William and I swear he has a ton of nicknames his immediate family calls him. I just call him Will. 

• Upvote 5

William is a nice family name. I always thought they would save that name for Lawsons kinds for some reason, but who knows maybe they asked him and he doesnt want to use it.

I personally hate Gage and how it sounds, but doesnt seem like they plan the boy to go by his middle name anyway, so its not that important.

I hope they allow Carson to go by Charles if its what he wants. I have always wondered why they didnt go with Charlie, such a cute nickname.

• Upvote 3

I just remembered something funny my son said. When both of my boys were very little, they were bickering as usual and my oldest said to his little brother, “stop being so English!” I laughed because I knew he meant stop being so selfish. But the funniest part is that we are quite English when looking at my side of the family’s genealogy. 

• Haha 3

Novi Paine sounds like novicaine to me. Here's to hoping that her string of miraculous conceptions ends and we don't have to hear that name.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, JMO said:

Novi Paine sounds like novicaine to me. Here's to hoping that her string of miraculous conceptions ends and we don't have to hear that name.

And her full name would be November Paine. Which just sounds like an Emo Garage Band from 2009.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 21

William is a lovely name and a William Paine was an engineer on the Brooklyn Bridge, not a southern general in the Civil War, so a move in the right direction, compared to some. 

In Fact, the historical William Paine was a Colonel for the Union Army and a recipient of commendation from Abraham Lincoln. 

Edited by Bassett Lady
  • Upvote 1

How did Darcy figure into that mishmash of names?  That's the only normal one. 

Novi (nickname for November) is also the name of a city in Michigan.  Pronounces No-Vye.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

How did Darcy figure into that mishmash of names?  That's the only normal one. 

Novi (nickname for November) is also the name of a city in Michigan.  Pronounces No-Vye.  

I bet Pride and Prejudice was one of the very few movies she was ever allowed to watch. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, llucie said:

November is odd even for Erin, it seems more like a name one of the Kardashians would pick for their kids. 

Heaven forbid to just use the more accepted names of April, May, or June.  Although not as common, I have also heard of January and August as first names.  As everyone says, Erin has to be extra with her name choices, lol, why not close your eyes and just choose a random word out of the dictionary to name your kid.😅🙄

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1