IGNORED

Erin and Chad 11: How Does Anyone Sleep?

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Where are they going to put the baby? Does he stay with them and then eventually with Carson? 

I’m guessing the new baby will first be with Erin and Chad as a newborn. Then the toddler in Carson’s closet will move to the girls’ room. That way the new baby will be in Carson’s closet until he’s too big. I bet they will put a set of bunk beds in that room for long term sleeping arrangements. 

2 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

Thanks for sharing this link @JermajestyDuggar I found it very interesting! I was just talking to a friend who lives outside of Seattle, WA and they are experiencing a heat wave and they don't have A/C. 

According to the chart, only half the homes in Washington have some type of AC. That’s low compared to other states. But I guess it makes sense because the weather is usually so mild. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since the troll decided to voice its condescending opinion, I will link a stat that states 96% of Florida homes use air conditioning equipment of some kind. Whether it’s central air, mini splits, windows units, etc. 

https://www.eia.gov/consumption/residential/data/2020/state/pdf/State Air Conditioning.pdf

I appreciate the time and effort you spent on this research, to respond to me.

Many of us live in a bubble that prevents us from understanding the issues of rural poverty.

In your case, you didnt realize that it's not about having the equipment. It's about being able to afford the electricity to run the equipment.  In rural Florida, that is a huge issue. Can you imagine the cost of running AC most of the year?

I realize you didn't know this but there are many families in Florida who can't afford to run the AC very often. Running it all summer is an impossibility, if they're going to eat.

Having does not mean using. You need money for that.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Johannah said:

For anyone interested, Chad & Erin are going to reveal their baby name at 7 pm EST

Oh lord. It’s so cringey when people think their baby name is oh so amazing and special that there needs to be a big reveal. Who the fuck cares? It’s a name. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh lord. It’s so cringey when people think their baby name is oh so amazing and special that there needs to be a big reveal. Who the fuck cares? It’s a name. 

I’m assuming it gains them more $$$ on their YouTube channel to drag things out like this and give teasers. They’ve been doing that for a lot of their videos 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I’m assuming it gains them more $$$ on their YouTube channel to drag things out like this and give teasers. They’ve been doing that for a lot of their videos 

I think you’re right. It’s so weird to monetize this kind of stuff. I just can’t imagine monetizing my life. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 8/17/2023 at 12:45 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since the troll decided to voice its condescending opinion, I will link a stat that states 96% of Florida homes use air conditioning equipment of some kind. Whether it’s central air, mini splits, windows units, etc. 

https://www.eia.gov/consumption/residential/data/2020/state/pdf/State Air Conditioning.pdf

It's not about the AC equipment. It's about cost of the power to run the equipment.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Johannah said:

I seem to recall an announcement they were going to pulling away from SM, but, I think the $$ talked. Not that they make as much as other siblings I'm guessing, but, enough that they changed their minds and continue to post. I mean when neither has a full time job, a large family, petting zoo, living expenses, etc. the money to survive needs to come from somewhere!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

William Gage

Erin said they regret not calling Carson Charles, by which I think she means Chad regrets it. I think that compromise was a first baby pink bedroom situation. Chad wants his sons to have traditional names. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

Names she liked, but didn’t use:

Boys - Beckett, Blythe, Forrest, Gatlin, Oakland

Girls - Scotland, English, November (called Novi), Darcy, Brighton, Ireland

Chad made a face and a sarcastic comment while she read these. Clearly this was a battle he won. And he is fed up with Erin’s name choices. (November got a particularly disturbed look from him)

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Johannah said:

Chad made a face and a sarcastic comment while she read these. Clearly this was a battle he won. And he is fed up with Erin’s name choices. (November got a particularly disturbed look from him)

I dislike most of the GrandBates' names, but Erin's taste is downright bizarre. Those kids better thank Chad for making sure they get halfway decent names.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8

English?!?! What the actual fuck!? 

I guessed Hudson Liam after Papa Bill. Because we know Erin likes to go with a trendier nickname than William. But I guess Chad won and he’s being named William. Did they say if he would ever have a nickname? Because they have so many nicknames for their kids. I can’t imagine them always calling him William. They may try to call him William at first. But I bet he will start to be called Will eventually. 

If they have a third boy, who wants to bet he’s Henry. Since she seems to be going down the British monarchy line of succession. And she wanted to call a girl English 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

English?!?! What the actual fuck!? 

I guessed Hudson Liam after Papa Bill. Because we know Erin likes to go with a trendier nickname than William. But I guess Chad won and he’s being named William. Did they say if he would ever have a nickname? Because they have so many nicknames for their kids. I can’t imagine them always calling him William. They may try to call him William at first. But I bet he will start to be called Will eventually. 

If they have a third boy, who wants to bet he’s Henry. Since she seems to be going down the British monarchy line of succession. And she wanted to call a girl English 🤦🏻‍♀️

I know a couple of families with the Charles-William-Henry combo

9 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I dislike most of the GrandBates' names, but Erin's taste is downright bizarre. Those kids better thank Chad for making sure they get halfway decent names.

Novi? She has to be kidding, right?? Didn’t they have a daughter born in November, yet no Novi (thank the Lord).

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

27 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Gatlin for a boy? Wonder if the inspiration for that was Gatlinburg or Gatling guns. Thank goodness they went in a more traditional direction. I’m betting Chad got the first name pick and Erin the middle because it’s a boy. I also would not be surprised if this kid kid gets called Gage. 

And yeah, English for a girl? I don’t hate Erin’s taste in names, but that one is inexplicable.

Erin should connect with the Sweet Home Sextuplets lady. They have similar love for non-name names. 

• Upvote 7

I've been getting the vibe that Chad is a bit tired of Erin since her health issues came up a few years ago.  He seems way less patient and more patriarchal.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I've been getting the vibe that Chad is a bit tired of Erin since her health issues came up a few years ago.  He seems way less patient and more patriarchal.

I wonder if Chad ever thinks about how this isn’t the life he pictured for himself when they got married 10 years ago. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

I’m guessing one of the only book sets Erin read as a kid was Anne of Green Gables. Because her last name list had Avonlea on it and now this list has Blythe (as in Gilbert). And now I am thinking, what the hell is wrong with the names Anne, Gilbert, Marilla, or Matthew if she loved the books so damn much?!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if Chad ever thinks about how this isn’t the life he pictured for himself when they got married 10 years ago. 

What do you think he pictured differently?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Dominionatrix said:

What do you think he pictured differently?

I doubt he was prepared for 3 miscarriages in a row the first year of marriage. Then Erin’s having a clotting disorder diagnosed which meant her pregnancies need a little extra care. Then she as very sick and had surgery. Then they broke up with the lucrative Bates Sisters Boutique which is now doing better than ever. Then the show got cancelled. So no more money there. Then they moved out of state away from her family that is usually around to babysit or help. I doubt he was prepared for all that when they got married. It is a lot. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Gatlin for a boy? Wonder if the inspiration for that was Gatlinburg or Gatling guns. Thank goodness they went in a more traditional direction. I’m betting Chad got the first name pick and Erin the middle because it’s a boy. I also would not be surprised if this kid kid gets called Gage. 

And yeah, English for a girl? I don’t hate Erin’s taste in names, but that one is inexplicable.

Erin should connect with the Sweet Home Sextuplets lady. They have similar love for non-name names. 

Emily Maynard from The Bachelorette/Bachelor has a son named Gatlin. It always made me think of the guns. 

I also have more tolerance for Erin’s names than most, but English made me laugh out loud. 

• Upvote 2

English Gardner was a medalist in Rio for the USA. She ran track, too lazy to look up the distance, other than to recall she was a sprinter.

That's the only example I can think of. And I am pretty sure Erin has never heard of her. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Johannah said:

Can’t say I blame him… I made a face reading these. Probably the strangest name list I’ve seen, haha 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1