IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

This is like one of those very bad, no budget, state supplied defense attny's approach.

You just throw a bunch of stuff at the walls and see what sticks.

What they needed to do was draw their family close (not that close), make a very humble, contrite written statement and shut the whole thing down. If they really cared about their family, healing and moving forward, that's what they would have done.

JB himself said they'll be fine, and I assumed that to mean financially solvent. Perhaps he was only referring to he and Michelle, but regardless, it's time to draw on their faith and privately put it into action.

The kids are screwed but they've always been screwed. With fewer resources and liquid cash flow, maybe JB would have to change his approach and let the kids go once they are of age. No more fiefdom.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I looked at Jessa's quote from yesterday and yes, it does appear that she's saying she's one of Smuggar's victims. Curiouser and curiouser. My DVR still shows the right info for the show.

Whether it was ingrained from birth or taught as a new lesson when the molestations happened, they still weren't left with any free will to decide whether to forgive or not. That brainwashing is hard to overcome.

Totally agree. I'm just saying that I think it's probably true that the girls didn't feel forced to forgive, if it happened the way I outlined above.

Interesting. No change on Fox News' Kelly File page... yet...

TLC announce anything? It's Friday-

I believe that within the financial aid process, someone can distinguish between if they are receiving financial support or other support from their parents.

I don't believe that they would need their parents as a 'co-signer' on loans either.

Do you think that no other children have ever been in a situation where they are not receiving family support?

There is also the Technical College route that is a Liberal Arts and Sciences associate degree that if they take college transferable courses from an accredited institution almost always transfer to a four-year college.

I don't buy this argument at all.

There is also "be a waitress and work extra hard to pay for your own school and take classes when you aren't working." There are ways to make it happen, but you have to be committed and WANT it. And you have to work hard and be brave enough to leave the gravy train.

TLC announce anything? It's Friday-

I wish. There would probably be a cry of "re-victimization" if they announced a cancellation prior to the girls doing their interview.

Oh, and in the sound bites it sure looks like Jessa is talking about victims as third party people, not herself. Not to mention that she says the "extent" of it was touching outside of clothes, which is a total lie. That makes it even worse that they'd be interviewing a non-victim alongside a victim.

But she said earlier that she doesn't think Josh is a pedophile, and says she is allowed to say this because she was one of the victims. I also had kinda guessed that she was before, from the way the kids came across in the police interviews.

Which makes it really weird (and kinda sad) that it sounds like she is talking about the victims as if they were strangers, not her own ten year old self. I guess it does kinda make sense cause she was asleep for most of it and barely remembers, maybe it doesn't feel real and its easier to talk about it in context of other people. It will be interesting to see the whole thing in context, and how they react to it...although it will probably be just them parroting the same shit their parents brainwashed them into saying, just like everything they have ever said in their lives. I don't expect much reality in this, Michelle and Jimbob were so fake.

Also I really hate Michelle and Jimbob right now, for covering this shit up. I want to treat them to a nice meal cooked by the Naked Roast Sitter, send their teenage and adult kids out for the night, then buy all of the little kids a big cup of coffee and all the candy they can eat, right before their bedtime.

I agree.

I had an uncle who began to groom me when I was 8. He would stroke me over my clothes and his behavior continued to progress. I didn't tell, not because I was afraid that I wouldn't be believed, but because I knew it would change everything in our family. My mom and my aunt were extremely close, and my dad and uncle were good friends as well.

I felt guilt over the possibility of my parents losing that closeness with the rest of the family. I began to have nightmares. One night I swung my legs over the bed and almost stepped on my mom. She was sleeping on the floor next to me so she could be there if I had another nightmare. She knew something was going on and was determined to help me. This is what good parents do. I told.

My dad is soft-spoken and kind, but I'll never forget his reaction. He had to be restrained from driving over to my uncle's home. I had never seen my parents this upset. Not once, ever, was I made to feel it was in ANY way my fault. I was loved, I knew it, and I was top priority.

Life changed. Being around my aunt and uncle was uncomfortable since my uncle lied and my aunt believed him. We still saw him every so often for family events, but I knew if he even looked at me that my dad would hop to and make him regret even a glance. I know it was painful for my mom to lose the closeness with my aunt, but tough decisions had to be made and my needs came first.

I was empowered by my parents, and that made all the difference.

I'm sorry for the long narration, but my point is this: those girls were NEVER empowered to make their own decision on when, or if, they would forgive. The only concern shown was for Josh. Jim Bob and Michelle focus on his "mistake", but not on the effects it may have had on their daughters. Any damage done to them by allowing Josh to remain in the home, by not being willing to make a tough decision to place him elsewhere permanently, to do anything to ensure that the girls felt safe and comfortable in their own home, well, it was OK as long as Josh was coddled and protected. They can't wrap their minds around the fact that he committed a crime, and can't even call it sinning. He's so very sorry for his "mistake".

It was only ever about Josh and doing what was easiest for Jim Bob and Michelle and damn the consequences to anyone else.

It is such a simple difference. You have GOOD parents, the Duggar girls did not.

There is also "be a waitress and work extra hard to pay for your own school and take classes when you aren't working." There are ways to make it happen, but you have to be committed and WANT it. And you have to work hard and be brave enough to leave the gravy train.

And not feel entitled.

Housing, cars, renovations, furniture, 10s of thousands of dollars in gifts- all top of the line stuff, unrealistic.

The lying the girls will do tonight hurts. Why must they lie omg

Worse than the fact that they are being made to lie, or that they believe what they are saying, is that other abuse survivors or current abuse victims will listen to them and think they are making too much of a big deal of their own abuse. The girls will do so much damage to other people by minimizing what happened to them in a public forum. They are in no way required to spill all the details or sob about their pain on television, but what they will say will most likely be a horrible thing for survivors to hear.

Has the Jill n' Jessa Dog and Pony show been cancelled for tonight?

I had it programmed on my DVR, and now The Kelly File has been replaced with TO BE ANNOUNCED! :?

I noticed it was missing from my "to do list" as well. So I went looking. It's airing but Directv (or whoever) changed the title from "The Kelly File" to "The Kelly File Special."

Could the Duggar kidults even get jobs waiting tables these days in the US? Serious question. I couldn't get a job as a waitress here in the UK because I "lacked experience", and I actually had previous employment and references on my CV.

I honestly wonder if any of the Duggar kidults would be able to get a job in the real world. They have no referees, no past experience, nothing to make them stand out from 20-somethings with 5 years' experience in the industry.

And not feel entitled.

Housing, cars, renovations, furniture, 10s of thousands of dollars in gifts- all top of the line stuff, unrealistic.

What makes anyone think that Jessa for example WANTS to go to college?

Here's the only portion where they discuss the time between the molestation and the 2006 visit to Oprah:

"KELLY: Ok, so it's all behind you, for all intents and purposes. Then in 2008, you launched a reality TV show. What would make you launch a reality TV show about your family given this past?

J.B. DUGGAR: You know, back early on, it was after all this was taken care of in 2002-2003, we actually had a magazine that came to Michelle and said, hey, can we do a story about your family? And we said yes, that would be fine.

KELLY: But are you thinking at all, wait, this might not be a good idea because when you bring cameras into your home, they tend to discover things and people get more interested in you.

J.B. DUGGAR: We had nothing to hide. We had taken care of all that years before. And when they asked us to do the reality TV show, all of this had been taken care of five years before and we had a clean bill of health from the state. We said you had gone through counseling, you told the police..."

And that is where a family who had no trouble supporting the number of children they decided to have would say "No thanks!" and move on. But the Duggars lived in what size house before TLC showed up? Yeah.

Seriously, who wrote the hidden letter? I wonder if Oprah is trying to figure out a way to blow a hole in their story without making it worse for anyone but M & JB. Or if the letter was written for forgiveness. Or by Josh.

I'm shocked one of their kids was alone long enough to write something that wasn't reviewed by the buddy system.

And in this subject, why didn't the Duggars accuse this person of an agenda or bribe? A church member. No liberal agenda there.

IDK, seems like a red herring, doesn't it?

Could they have actually gotten it pulled after seeing how poorly they came across the other night, not to mention the responses already coming out from the snippets being shown? If that's true, where do these people get that kind of power? Fox wouldn't willingly give up those ratings.

My guide has The Kelly Files "Special".

Something I just thought of... is it possible the girls really DID make their own decision to be interviewed tonight and are trying to save the show because things aren't as bad when the camera crew is around?

Actually, I haven't seen/heard Jessa voice her opinion or give any inclination to anything productive that she'd like to do.

Jessa, is the one who always stood out for being able to list all the things that she didn't like.

Something I just thought of... is it possible the girls really DID make their own decision to be interviewed tonight and are trying to save the show because things aren't as bad when the camera crew is around?

These girls do not live in the TTH, so no. If that were the case, I would think that we would be seeing other girls speaking out.

Could the Duggar kidults even get jobs waiting tables these days in the US? Serious question. I couldn't get a job as a waitress here in the UK because I "lacked experience", and I actually had previous employment and references on my CV.

I honestly wonder if any of the Duggar kidults would be able to get a job in the real world. They have no referees, no past experience, nothing to make them stand out from 20-somethings with 5 years' experience in the industry.

I'd say yes, but I have never applied for a waitress position. There is fast food, which has a high turnover but is always hiring. And the girls could babysit or be nannies. I did some mother's helper stuff in grad school, just for spending money, and I had zero kid experience at the time (other than having two younger siblings). I had a friend who paid her way through grad school nannying! And she didn't have any degrees in child development or anything, just a long history of babysitting and nannying. If there is one thing the D girls know, it's caring for kids.

Agree. Nothing at all. But if any of them did, they could find a way.

These girls do not live in the TTH, so no. If that were the case, I would think that we would be seeing other girls speaking out.

Also the camera crews there are only there for a couple of months at at time.

I'd say yes, but I have never applied for a waitress position. There is fast food, which has a high turnover but is always hiring. And the girls could babysit or be nannies. I did some mother's helper stuff in grad school, just for spending money, and I had zero kid experience at the time (other than having two younger siblings). I had a friend who paid her way through grad school nannying! And she didn't have any degrees in child development or anything, just a long history of babysitting and nannying. If there is one thing the D girls know, it's caring for kids.

I would NOT let the Duggars care for my (hypothetical) kids; I wouldn't trust them not to hit them!

But you're right, they could probably get jobs doing that, because most people don't see "blanket-training, Pearl-following nutters", they see "women who have spent their lives around younger siblings and know all about kids".

Archived