IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 5

Coconut Flan

Jessa 

Laurel piper

or Violet insert some obscure stretch of a name trying to be a saint just like they did with, Anne the persecuted christian queen 

August Benjamin

Josie

Dustin kelton's middle name or kelton's dads name

Laurel I like that for Josie too

but...

Magnolia (maggie) Olive 

Edited by AussieKrissy
edit to add I could also see Clover for Jessa
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Josie & Kelton:

Boy: River Edward

Girl: Sage Olivia

I 100% think Sage is up Josie’s alley and is a good guess. But their best friends have a toddler named Sage. So I think that’s out. 

• Upvote 2

Chad and Erin:

Houston, Dallas, Austin or William+ maybe the middle name of Charles.

My guess is William and he’ll be called Will.

• Upvote 5

Jessa and Ben

Ezra or Quincy for a girl

Asher or Quinten for a boy 

Edited by Mlissmartin
Added names
  • Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

Jessa and Ben

Ezra or Quincy for a girl

Asher or Quinten for a boy 

Are people naming girls Ezra now?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Are people naming girls Ezra now?

I’ve seen a few. I think it’s more popular with boys at the moment. But it could be taken over by the girls eventually. 

• Upvote 2

Josie and Kelton:

• Asher Michael - boy
  • Rowan Avery - girl

I was thinking Rowan for a boy, but I think they might use it for a girl too.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Bassett Lady said:

Jessa and Ben: 

Girl: Hazel Elizabeth

Boy: Charles Wesley

Remember John David and Abbie have a Charlie.

• Thank You 1

21 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

It’s funny how they just announced him as Charlie. But I bet his birth certificate says “Charles John Duggar.”

• I Agree 4

54 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Quite right, JDuggs! I am recovering from a nasty bout of Covid and I am still struggling with Covid Brain 🧠 Fog and Anosmia.

The presence of a cousin Charlie, in the family tree, does change the landscape a tad.  I shall prognosticate with my second choice for a boy, William Tyndale.

It has a nice solid first name that works well with Henry (and let’s face it nothing goes with Spurgeon except a giggle).  The original William Tyndall was a translator of the Bible into English and was one of the sources used by their beloved KJV. Executed by strangulation and then his corpse burned at the stake, he is a martyr of some renown.

• Upvote 5

Josie: Violet Greer for a girl, Rowan Lucas for a boy.

Jessa: Iris Lauren for a girl, Theodore Michael for a boy.

• Upvote 4

Kelton&Josie

Juniper or Rowan for a girl

River or Basil for a boy

Ben&Jessa 

Knox or Wesley for a boy

Poppy or Clover for a girl

• Upvote 5

Jessa: Hudson Theodore, Knox Luther, William Lewis or Hazel Marie, Laurel Grace, Holly Ruth. 

Josie: Olive Blayke, Aspen Greer, Violet Wren or Asher James, August Kane, Rowan Edward 

• Upvote 6

Jessa

boy: Calvin or Wesley

girl: Poppy. She’s not going to pick anything super-trendy, thus I don’t see her going with Hazel or Rowan.

Josie/Kelton

girl: Rowan or Violet. Josie, on the other hand, is all about trendy. 

boy: Sage or River

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, postscript said:

Jessa

girl: Poppy. She’s not going to pick anything super-trendy, thus I don’t see her going with Hazel or Rowan.

Josie/Kelton

girl: Rowan or Violet. Josie, on the other hand, is all about trendy.

Jessa and Josie have both chosen girl names that are in the top 50 in popularity in the U.S. and all tending up: Ivy, Willow and Hazel. Jessa has also chosen a girl name, Fern, that hasn’t been in the top 1000 since 1961. It’s difficult for me to determine Jessa’s style from that other than plant names.

Poppy is currently at 336 and trending up, while Rowan for a girl is at 276 and trending down.  They hit about the same to me on my trendiness meter. 

It’s interesting that Erin gets shit for considering very unique names, and Josie chooses popular current names and gets called out as too trendy. Names are very tough to please everyone!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Jessa and Josie have both chosen girl names that are in the top 50 in popularity in the U.S. and all tending up: Ivy, Willow and Hazel. Jessa has also chosen a girl name, Fern, that hasn’t been in the top 1000 since 1961. It’s difficult for me to determine Jessa’s style from that other than plant names.

Poppy is currently at 336 and trending up, while Rowan for a girl is at 276 and trending down.  They hit about the same to me on my trendiness meter. 

It’s interesting that Erin gets shit for considering very unique names, and Josie chooses popular current names and gets called out as too trendy. Names are very tough to please everyone!

It makes me think Jessa likes short girl names with a botanical influence. That’s sort of why I was thinking Rose. But there’s also Iris or Sage. But who knows if she likes some longer names too. Like Violet or Magnolia. 

• Upvote 1

I’m leaning toward Clover if Jessa has a girl. It’s offbeat like Fern, but a common word. It sounds similar to Chloe, includes the popular V sound and the popular -er ending, all in an uncommon name. I will officially wait until Jessa announces to make my picks.

• Upvote 3

Jessa may not announce. She's probably unaware of the pictures circulating and thinks her pregnancy is unknown to the outside world.

• I Agree 1

I think Jessa will announce this time around. But I think she will do it closer to her due date than usual. And then she will put out a video summarizing her whole pregnancy while close to delivery. People will be less likely to write nasty comments if she’s very pregnant and about to have a new baby. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...