IGNORED

Grandduggar # 3 on the way? Pictures.

luv2laugh

She said "youre a little girl." My peeve is that Mike is "a little man" and shes a "girl". Its a little thing, but it shows the underlying psychology that women are cute little things with less significance/importance than boys who are really future men/fathers.

QFT

As to a name for the new baby I suggest Moonpie or Chickafil.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would assume that he is blanket trained, because thats what they do. They spend so much time traveling and going to "events" that they just cant be bothered actually WATCHING a child. A blanket is much easier than a pack n play.

She said "youre a little girl." My peeve is that Mike is "a little man" and shes a "girl". Its a little thing, but it shows the underlying psychology that women are cute little things with less significance/importance than boys who are really future men/fathers.

I got that as well! I felt like she was subconciously saying "See Mack your just a girl but Michael is a MAN. He will be more important than you someday." :doh:

Uh, pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is blanket training?

I believe it's when a baby is placed on a blanket and forced to stay there. It's about obedience. If the child even moves from the blanket, then the parent can whack their hand with a ruler or something else to make them stay. Sometimes they even try to encourage the baby off the blanket just to get whacked.

Hope this helps! If I missed any details everyone please let me know :D

Uh, pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is blanket training?

Lay baby down on a blanket. Use a switch and beat all sides of the blanket to scare the baby into not crawling off. Lure the baby with a cookie and when s/he reaches for it, hit the hands with the switch so s/he learns now to crawl off. If the baby DOES crawl off/gets too close to the edge, hit his/her legs with the switch.

Lay baby down on a blanket. Use a switch and beat all sides of the blanket to scare the baby into not crawling off. Lure the baby with a cookie and when s/he reaches for it, hit the hands with the switch so s/he learns now to crawl off. If the baby DOES crawl off/gets too close to the edge, hit his/her legs with the switch.

Or ruler, or gluestick, or serving spoon, or plumbing line, etc.

Or just hit the baby for dot doing anything you approve of while it's on the blanket. Blind fear = well behaved child!

Blanket training made Wikipedia! But it doesn't mention smacking the child if they cross the blanket threshold. :(

Blanket training is an approach used to train toddlers and pre-schoolers to attain self-discipline. Proponents believe that with consistent training, the child will acquire an ability to play contentedly and quietly by him/herself for an extended period of time.

A parent designates a certain amount of time (usually 15-45 minutes, depending on the age of the child) that a child must sit by him/herself on a blanket on the floor. The child is not permitted to leave the parameters of the blanket, and may play quietly with a toy while seated on the blanket. The desired outcome is that after daily training in this manner, eventually the child will sit and play quietly on the blanket whenever and wherever the child is asked to do so. A blanket is used in this method of training because of its easy portability and accessibility in almost any time or location, such as during meal preparations, meetings, ceremonies, and medical appointments.

Known practitioners of the practice include the Duggars. Opponents of blanket training call it emotionally abusive.

Some more suggestions for Grandduggar #3:

Marsala

Maraschino

Meringue

Macaroon

I don't know if Anna is as far along as people are thinking. I'm 22 weeks and a little bigger then she is in that picture, which appears to be recent. I'm only expecting my second and my son will be a little over two when this one is born so they're not as close together. Anna always seemed to show fairly quickly to me and having been pregnant recently I would think her stomach muscles would be shot causing this one to show even sooner. I'm betting she's early in the second trimester at this point, which would make sense if you assume she wasn't pregnant when Michelle announced #20. When Josh said they have an announcement Anna was laughing and I don't think Josh would hesitate to steal the thunder of #20 by announcing their own pregnancy even if the pee stick hadn't dried.

I don't know if Anna is as far along as people are thinking. I'm 22 weeks and a little bigger then she is in that picture, which appears to be recent. I'm only expecting my second and my son will be a little over two when this one is born so they're not as close together. Anna always seemed to show fairly quickly to me and having been pregnant recently I would think her stomach muscles would be shot causing this one to show even sooner. I'm betting she's early in the second trimester at this point, which would make sense if you assume she wasn't pregnant when Michelle announced #20. When Josh said they have an announcement Anna was laughing and I don't think Josh would hesitate to steal the thunder of #20 by announcing their own pregnancy even if the pee stick hadn't dried.

That scene was at the end of September/early October and the show is now at the end of Oct (but going back to Sept with that family who housesat). At any rate, Smugs and Anna said they had no announcement but that they would "catch up quick" or somesuch. This episode, taped a month later, is the best place to put that announcement, esp. in the wake of the Jubilee mess. Had J20 been full term, due next month, Smugs and Anna would have said something months ago. Remember, it was so CUTE when they were preggo together the 1st time.

That scene was at the end of September/early October and the show is now at the end of Oct (but going back to Sept with that family who housesat). At any rate, Smugs and Anna said they had no announcement but that they would "catch up quick" or somesuch. This episode, taped a month later, is the best place to put that announcement, esp. in the wake of the Jubilee mess. Had J20 been full term, due next month, Smugs and Anna would have said something months ago. Remember, it was so CUTE when they were preggo together the 1st time.

I sense some sarcasm but "cute" isn't quite the word that I would use. I remember there was an episode where they were shopping for baby clothes and Anna and Michelle were both wearing the same green maternity shirt. I think Josh has some serious Mommy issues...

ETA: video link (no idea how to imbed)

More names for the new smuglette.

•Marinara Pasta

•Mystic Pizza

•Marmalade Toast

•Muffin

•Milk

•Mutton

•Marshmallows

•Macaroni

•Melons

•Meatloaf

•Mousse

•Monkey bread

•Meatballs

•Mars bars

•Mike Ike's

•Muffin

•Mango

•Mozzarella cheese

maccheroncelli

madonna-fig

maldive-dwarf-coconut

mead

mong-tong

monks-beard

monkey-nut

mud-dab

mutton-tallow-fat

Maraschino cherries.

But whatever you do, don't let Josh see this site. :snooty:

http://www.boredatuni.com/words.php?letter=M

I sense some sarcasm but "cute" isn't quite the word that I would use. I remember there was an episode where they were shopping for baby clothes and Anna and Michelle were both wearing the same green maternity shirt. I think Josh has some serious Mommy issues...

ETA: video link (no idea how to imbed)

He said one of the reasons he liked Anna was that she was like Michelle. JB told him to look for a woman like his mother :?

Is it just me who think fundies have a creepy, incestuous attitude towards romance? There was that girl a few weeks ago who said she didn't need a boyfriend because she had a toddler brother.

I mean seriously... it's going to be McDonald.... their favorite fast food starting with an M!

I bet once TLC goes away they'll start getting "lifetime sponsors" for their children in exchange for naming them after the corporations. They won't even have to deviate from the M theme. Examples? McDonald (like you said), Microsoft, Mozilla, Morton (like the salt), Meda (a pharmeceutical company), Mazda! :dance:

I mean seriously... it's going to be McDonald.... their favorite fast food starting with an M!

when I got my tonsils out as a kiddlet there were twin brothers in the hospital with me. (this was back in the day when tonsil surgery was at least an over-nighter) The brothers names were/are Ronald and Donald McDonald. Even at age six this struck me so funny that I have never forgotten their names. I can't remember where I put my purse from setting it down 10 minutes ago, but those names I will always remember. They were cool playmates to boot. :lol:

I bet once TLC goes away they'll start getting "lifetime sponsors" for their children in exchange for naming them after the corporations. They won't even have to deviate from the M theme. Examples? McDonald (like you said), Microsoft, Mozilla, Morton (like the salt), Meda (a pharmeceutical company), Mazda! :dance:

ahahah! But I guess he'd have to make videos on a website, to give more publicity to that...

and ladypuglover: wow... I just have no words! Some parents are just not that great sometimes!

He said one of the reasons he liked Anna was that she was like Michelle. JB told him to look for a woman like his mother :?

Is it just me who think fundies have a creepy, incestuous attitude towards romance? There was that girl a few weeks ago who said she didn't need a boyfriend because she had a toddler brother.

Ah yes, good old Lauren.... her mother told her to 'treat your friends like they are married' so there is to be no flirting of any kind. How, then, is she supposed to find someone she is attracted to?

Even though she looks pregnant, I still have to wonder...wouldn't somebody have leaked that information by now, esp. if she is around 4 months along or so? Even Jim Bob and Michelle couldn't wait til she was showing last time to make the announcement (it was around 12 weeks or so?) on the Today show. You are all cracking me up with the list of potential names, esp. Visions's list :lol: And good grief, blanket training -ugh. My kids are teens now and I remember trying to just get them to stay in the playpen or crib for 5 minutes so I could take a shower, and listening to loud protests. I couldn't treat an animal that way, much less my own child. Thank goodness I wasn't raised to be a fundie.

If they have already filmed something related to a new baby on the way, then I would imagine that the Duggars are contractually obligated to keep mum on the subject. It does seem a bit strange since she appears to be so far along, but I am guessing that they want to either finish the Michelle story before starting the J & A story, or they hope to juxtapose the tragedy of Jubilee with the joy of a new baby to end the season on a hopeful note.

I got that as well! I felt like she was subconciously saying "See Mack your just a girl but Michael is a MAN. He will be more important than you someday." :doh:

Yep, I caught that too.

Mack's little lion roar was very cute though. Makes me think of when my girls were that age...

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if she were already pregnant again, but it's possible she is just still big across the middle after having 2 kids so close together. I have a good friend whose youngest child is 3.5 now, and she still looks 5-6 months pregnant. She says that she bounced back after her first two, but despite the fact she works out like crazy (2hrs, 5- days a week!) and has super muscular arms and legs, her abdomen won't slim back up after her third. Her doctor suspects her abdominal muscles separated during her last pregnancy. She is doing special exercises to try to repair her abs, but she still looks very pregnant. I also have another friend who has looked pregnant since the birth of her child 6 years ago- same thing, her tummy just won't go down. Maybe Anna is the same way? It'd be hard to judge by the pic on the beach because of the angle, it's taken in a way that I could see it making her look slimmer, whereas the angle on the other pics wouldn't. And in the video, Michael still looks like a newborn, I'm sure that's still weight from her pregnancy with him.

Or, she's pregnant, only they know and they surely aren't going to share before it airs on TV.

Archived