IGNORED

Grandduggar # 3 on the way? Pictures.

luv2laugh

I think you just read what you wanted to read in my comment and ignored the rest.

And I think you're immature and don't know what the hell you're talking about. Do you honestly think the Duggar girls worry about nothing but keeping sweet? They do everything. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, schooling, and raising the children. They're more adults than Michelle is. But they're under 25, giggly like teenagers, and ignorant as hell, which you apparently equate as desirable in your head.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I think you're immature and don't know what the hell you're talking about. Do you honestly think the Duggar girls worry about nothing but keeping sweet? They do everything. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, schooling, and raising the children. They're more adults than Michelle is. But they're under 25, giggly like teenagers, and ignorant as hell, which you apparently equate as desirable in your head.

immature is not something i have been called in a long time. Like when i was doing dishes at age 5 and laundry at age 7 and cleaning and vaccuming sometime in there. Plus gardening, and anything else was told to do. Somehow i was not happy. I dont understand those who can be blissfully happy. (i am not saying that the duggar women are blissfully happy but they sure act well, oscar perfect in fact) Wishing for a simpler life is not immature. Wishing i didnt have to worry about e verything, wishing god/husband/father will solve all my little problems so i didnt have to worry about them... wishing i was a f*ckin cinderella for a while before i return to my real life is not immature.

Immaturity means something different to me than to you. I step up and do what needs to be done, that is adult and mature. And being called immature is more of an insult than being called a lowly girl. I might be only a lowly girl, which i really couldn't care less if someone calls me that, but immature is worse. :evil:

And to answer a previous post about wishing i was 25 again.. It was a great year in my life. I didnt mean to imply that a 25 year old didnt have their sh*t together.

There's your problem. You think that calling yourself an adult means you have to act a certain way. I'm saying that you already are an adult and that you are not longer a girl. Adults, both men and women, can cry during movies. You don't have to be a child to do that. Being a woman doesn't mean you have to stop dying your hair and start buying elastic-waist, pastel colored pants. It doesn't mean you have to wear practical shoes and give up all your fun hobbies. What you're really worried about is that others will perceive you as old and not like you as much, even if you don't change any of your behavior except considering yourself a woman instead of a child.

QFT! I haven't let people call me "girl" in a long time, that doesn't mean I restrict my activities to things that are stereo-typically adult. I just means I am not longer 8 years old and want people to show that they recognize that.

I have also found that when people call me "girl" I am less likely to get the respect I have worked hard for as an adult. Which is another thing I like; people recognizing that I am a fully capable adult who just happens to be female.

Maybe it's just me, but I refer to men my age (23) as "boys" all the time when I'm speaking informally. I just asked my boyfriend when his next "boy's night out" is going to be, and I'll often greet him with some variation of "hey boy". Same with his friends; I would feel weird referring to them as men because it sounds so formal to me. It doesn't bother me at all when people call me a girl, because in my experience men get called boys just as often.

Men are also often called dudes. While this term does not make them sound like children, it does make them sound like teenagers or young adults.

I look very young for my age and when someone calls me a girl, it usually means they have literally mistaken me for a child.

There is also the term grrrrl, which was popular in the mid-1990s. But I guess any female who applies it to herself these days would be 35-45 years old.

immature is not something i have been called in a long time. Like when i was doing dishes at age 5 and laundry at age 7 and cleaning and vaccuming sometime in there. Plus gardening, and anything else was told to do. Somehow i was not happy. I dont understand those who can be blissfully happy. (i am not saying that the duggar women are blissfully happy but they sure act well, oscar perfect in fact) Wishing for a simpler life is not immature. Wishing i didnt have to worry about e verything, wishing god/husband/father will solve all my little problems so i didnt have to worry about them... wishing i was a f*ckin cinderella for a while before i return to my real life is not immature.

Immaturity means something different to me than to you. I step up and do what needs to be done, that is adult and mature. And being called immature is more of an insult than being called a lowly girl. I might be only a lowly girl, which i really couldn't care less if someone calls me that, but immature is worse. :evil:

And to answer a previous post about wishing i was 25 again.. It was a great year in my life. I didnt mean to imply that a 25 year old didnt have their sh*t together.

It's immature to 1) ignore all evidence right in front of your face that the Duggar girls daughters do have far more things to worry about than most girls young women their age and probably more than you, and 2) want to abdicate all your adult responsibility.

You're not wishing for "a simpler life", you want to be a little girl again. And while that may be your personal preference (hey, some people think it’s kinky to put on diapers and have sex in adult-sized cribs- that’s their preference as well), you could certainly find a way to do it without perpetuating society’s attempts to view and treat women as children for their entire lives.

ETA: Because fuck, now I'm doing it.

Wooohooo! Sending you some Lemon Verbena and an Old Dan Tucker was a fine old man :violin:

I got some lemon verbena soap and it smells like ass. No idea why laura was so in love with that shit!

In the video in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7885

They mention that michael was with them but mackenyjzie (however you fucking spell it) was back at the big house playing. I wonder if she's still breastfeeding and whether that has any implications toward a possible pregnancy. All the nursing mothers I know lose weight... but I've never heard of anyone nursing and being prego at the same time.

I know a number of women who have breastfed through a pregnancy. Some stopped because the milk turned and the baby/toddler didn't like it but most had no problems.

It's immature to 1) ignore all evidence right in front of your face that the Duggar girls daughters do have far more things to worry about than most girls young women their age and probably more than you, and 2) want to abdicate all your adult responsibility.

You're not wishing for "a simpler life", you want to be a little girl again. And while that may be your personal preference (hey, some people think it’s kinky to put on diapers and have sex in adult-sized cribs- that’s their preference as well), you could certainly find a way to do it without perpetuating society’s attempts to view and treat women as children for their entire lives.

ETA: Because fuck, now I'm doing it.

I guess i will admit defeat because i cant argue with someone who is not paying attention to what i say and/or couldn't care less about what my actual opinion is.

Once more for the record... i have no issue being called a girl... i think that it is all in the person's brain how they wish to be treated and if a word as simple as girl means so much... then that is their issue not mine. :shhh:

They mention that michael was with them but mackenyjzie (however you fucking spell it) was back at the big house playing. I wonder if she's still breastfeeding and whether that has any implications toward a possible pregnancy. All the nursing mothers I know lose weight... but I've never heard of anyone nursing and being prego at the same time.

I was able to breastfeed my oldest for a few months while pg with the next one. The problem with breastfeeding while pregnant is it can cause uterine contractions, change the taste of the milk from the first baby's needs to the up coming baby's needs and could deplete mom of much needed energy, minerals, calcium and so forth. A high risk mother like me would be advised to not breast feed while pregnant. A healthy mother with lots of help and support and has a baby that doesn't mind flavor change could breast feed until everyone weans.

I guess i will admit defeat because i cant argue with someone who is not paying attention to what i say and/or couldn't care less about what my actual opinion is.

Once more for the record... i have no issue being called a girl... i think that it is all in the person's brain how they wish to be treated and if a word as simple as girl means so much... then that is their issue not mine. :shhh:

Well, if you don't mind being called a girl, it means you have no issue with being viewed as a girl. In other words, you have no problem with people who consider you to be the same as a prepubescent female.

I don't think you're paying attention to what you say. Your first post:

I would rather still be refered to as a girl than a Mrs., Lady, or woman

The biggest problem is not that you have no issues with being called a girl, it's that you are a grown ass adult who DOES have an issue with being called a woman.

I think it's ridiculous to argue over saying girl, woman, lady or female. We all know where we fall on the list. I personally don't like being called female. I prefer woman, lady or even girl. At my age, what do I care if someone wants to call me a girl. I just don't like sweetie. Most of all I like my given name Linda.

reds, I understand what you mean about wishing you could feel young again when you have so much responsibility with two jobs, husband, children, farm. I was forced to grow up very young and wish I could have been a girl longer.

Back to important news, Anna is expecting. Too bad she didn't have a little more of a break in between pregnancies.

I think it's ridiculous to argue over saying girl, woman, lady or female. We all know where we fall on the list. I personally don't like being called female. I prefer woman, lady or even girl. At my age, what do I care if someone wants to call me a girl. I just don't like sweetie. Most of all I like my given name Linda.

reds, I understand what you mean about wishing you could feel young again when you have so much responsibility with two jobs, husband, children, farm. I was forced to grow up very young and wish I could have been a girl longer.

Back to important news, Anna is expecting. Too bad she didn't have a little more of a break in between pregnancies.

The reason I have a problem with it is because it’s a form of very subtle, very pervasive sexism. I believe sexism should be confronted and stamped out wherever we find it.

The reason I have a problem with it is because it’s a form of very subtle, very pervasive sexism. I believe sexism should be confronted and stamped out wherever we find it.

Perhaps its a generation thing, but I don't find it subtle at all. It is an overt form of sexism. It wasn't that long ago that women in offices regardless of their ages were routinely referred to as "girls" by their male superiors, often even by their male peers. Many of us had to work very hard to get this practice curtailed.

So I have to say it sickens me in 2012 to hear a 35 year old woman say she prefers being called a girl and doesn't understand what the big deal is. Call yourself whatever you like, but trust me, it's a really big deal to many of us.

Perhaps its a generation thing, but I don't find it subtle at all. It is an overt form of sexism. It wasn't that long ago that women in offices regardless of their ages were routinely referred to as "girls" by their male superiors, often even by their male peers. Many of us had to work very hard to get this practice curtailed.

You definitely have a point. I only consider it subtle in that the practice, particularly when it involves women from 18-30, is so pervasive in our culture that many people perpetuate it without even realizing it's sexist.

I'd rather save my efforts to fight men who are sexist. It is more productive. But to each her own. :)

Yes - men - not guys or boys!

You automatically give them the respect of an adult title - even as an enemy!

That is exactly our point.

If we are just girls to them, or they have to think whether to call us girls or women, then the playing field is not equal.

I'd rather save my efforts to fight men who are sexist. It is more productive. But to each her own. :)

I disagree. I think sexist women are far more dangerous than sexist men. Sexist women give legitimacy to sexist men's views and practices by agreeing with them. And peer pressure to conform to sexist stereotypes is much more powerful coming from other women.

Sexism is sexism.

Regardless of their age, adult women who think it's okay to be called "girls" by men, women or children are perpetuating a notion that women are weak and childlike and in need of protection.

Re girl/woman/lady/female, I was once addressed as 'wench' (yes, seriously, and no, it wasn't at one of those medieval reenactments) by a man of a similar age to me. He, and everyone around him, soon found out how I felt about that! No-one called me wench again.

As for the girl thing, I'm a woman. I stopped being a girl when I went to university.

Yes - men - not guys or boys!

You automatically give them the respect of an adult title - even as an enemy!

That is exactly our point.

If we are just girls to them, or they have to think whether to call us girls or women, then the playing field is not equal.[/quote

I don't see men as the enemy. I only see men who belittle women with sexist terms as the enemy. I also consider myself a women not a girl and have never called men guys or boys. My point was I was sympathizing with reds for her situation wishing to feel young again even if her wording wasn't the best. I am not looking for a fight. Everyone knows when they are being put down whether at work, school, or on a forum.

You're really committing a big fallacy here by trivializing this issue. Just because worse forms of sexism exist doesn't mean that this form is harmless. Also, fighting more than one form is absolutely and perfectly possible, so you don't have to choose just one. It's not like caring about this issue means we can't also care about other issues that you deem more important. On top of that, fighting one form of sexism helps to fight the other forms, so it's beneficial no matter what. You're just completely wrong to trivialize this.

Archived