IGNORED

Grandduggar # 3 on the way? Pictures.

luv2laugh

I know at Panda Express you can get fresh steamed veggies. The sauces are pretty high in sodium, but if you go with the rice, steamed veggies, and something like "Beijing Beef" (beef and broccoli, if I remember correctly) or Mushroom Chicken (chicken, mushrooms, and zucchini with a sauce) you're getting a lot of veggies in. Heck, even McDonald's of all places has fruit smoothies and yogurt/fruit/granola parfaits.

They could even exercise in the hotel rooms/bus. You don't need any equipment to jog in place, do jumping-jacks, squats, or sit-ups.

I doubt she knows much about nutrition. I think I remember one episode where she was cooking, like beef (wasn't it fried?) with a copious amoung of mashed potatoes and green peas and saying "hopefully this will be healthy". Well it's not: first beef is fatty, fried? even worse, mashed potatoes are healthy once in a while, but there was more than one serving in that. Peas? well it's carbs again! so no, it was more of a fail than anything else (and hopefully this will be healthy? ask JOsh to unlock the computer and do some research!, shell out and go to a nutritionist! you have to survive a shitload of pregnancies in the future! take care of yourself!!!eleventy!!!)

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt she knows much about nutrition. I think I remember one episode where she was cooking, like beef (wasn't it fried?) with a copious amoung of mashed potatoes and green peas and saying "hopefully this will be healthy". Well it's not: first beef is fatty, fried? even worse, mashed potatoes are healthy once in a while, but there was more than one serving in that. Peas? well it's carbs again! so no, it was more of a fail than anything else (and hopefully this will be healthy? ask JOsh to unlock the computer and do some research!, shell out and go to a nutritionist! you have to survive a shitload of pregnancies in the future! take care of yourself!!!eleventy!!!)

Beef and peas aren't unhealthy foods (anyone on the paleo diet would disagree with you). Now, chicken fried steak (what the hell America, seriously) together with lots of mash and a few peas? Not the best meal ever, but still better than McDonalds imo.

But I think you're right in saying that they probably don't know an awful lot about nutrition - but then, they're living in a country where pizza is a vegetable.

I agree they have no understanding of nutrition (and they really NEED to buy a few good cookbooks, go to weight watchers, peruse the internet, etc. because it would REALLY help them). I think this is one of the failures of the SOTDRT. Why not teach nutrition and cooking from scratch? Veggie gardening?

I also think they have no understanding of proper portion sizes and food groups. Josh seems to be living life in the All You Can Eat Line. Sure, beef is fine. But one serving is about the size of a deck of cards. Mashed potatoes? Fine. Half a cup. Peas? Same. And how about some salad? Should be half your plate. And then you're done. Josh seems to eat like it's Thanksgiving every meal - he eats 2 or 3 meals worth, and very little of it is veggies.

There was also the episode where Famy made the raspberry bars and someone commented about how it was healthy because it had raspberries. (It was a few tablespoons of raspberry jam/goo in a fatty, high carb, sugary crust.)

I really think they should go to weight watchers or something where they teach them about nutrition.

I suspect Josh and Anna aren't quite so keen to get to #20. I can see them having a big family, yes, but not Duggar/Bates sized.

I think Josh might have the biggest family out of all the kids. Look at Anna's older sister, isn't she 30 with 7 kids already? I see Josh loving the attention everytime Anna is pregnant. I think he would love to have more then his father(of course Josh doesn't have to be pregnant or even stay awake during labor). Remember she had a miscarriage between Mac and Mike so she would have had the first to even closer together. If she isn't pregnant I think she will be before summer.

I agree they have no understanding of nutrition (and they really NEED to buy a few good cookbooks, go to weight watchers, peruse the internet, etc. because it would REALLY help them). I think this is one of the failures of the SOTDRT. Why not teach nutrition and cooking from scratch? Veggie gardening?

I also think they have no understanding of proper portion sizes and food groups. Josh seems to be living life in the All You Can Eat Line. Sure, beef is fine. But one serving is about the size of a deck of cards. Mashed potatoes? Fine. Half a cup. Peas? Same. And how about some salad? Should be half your plate. And then you're done. Josh seems to eat like it's Thanksgiving every meal - he eats 2 or 3 meals worth, and very little of it is veggies.

There was also the episode where Famy made the raspberry bars and someone commented about how it was healthy because it had raspberries. (It was a few tablespoons of raspberry jam/goo in a fatty, high carb, sugary crust.)

I really think they should go to weight watchers or something where they teach them about nutrition.

Uh, Weight Watchers sell desserts that are just empty calories - they're about weight loss, not nutrition. I agree that they should know more about portion sizes and food groups but it's not like there aren't plenty of others with the same issues. When you're raised on TTC, of course you're not going to know about nutrition.

I think Josh might have the biggest family out of all the kids. Look at Anna's older sister, isn't she 30 with 7 kids already? I see Josh loving the attention everytime Anna is pregnant. I think he would love to have more then his father(of course Josh doesn't have to be pregnant or even stay awake during labor). Remember she had a miscarriage between Mac and Mike so she would have had the first to even closer together. If she isn't pregnant I think she will be before summer.

Josh likes having plenty of money and attention on him. Not on 18 kids. Not on Anna. If he doesn't have 18 kids he has more money to spend on buffets and smartphones. Plus, what happens when Anna has a stomach covered in stretchmarks and he's constantly surrounded by screaming kids? He seemed pretty eager to leave home.

I also think that she is pregnant and that they will announce it after the Jubilee-episodes.

I have to admit, that I think Anna looks way better with a little more weight than during the whole dirty handsex time. The shape of her nose has improved A LOT (not so much Michael Jackson anymore) and I also like her face a little bit fuller.

In fairness to Anna, I think she makes an effort with the nutrition. For instance, when she and Josh are at a restaurant together in pictures, she often has a salad with her meal and a smaller portion size of meat or whatever. People are going to eat the way they are going to eat. It's not her job to make Josh eat the way she does, or even in a healthier manner. Those are his choices, especially when they are eating out or on the road. I think there is a certain amount of evidence that Anna watches what she eats and is at least slightly more careful with her diet than the average American. For a woman with two children close together, I think she looks better than fine weight-wise. But, I do hope she's not pregnant again yet.

And, I have to say this again. I'm no Smuggar fan, but I understand the food obsession. He lived for most of his life in a family where there were so many of them that fresh fruit was rationed and I'm sure you couldn't eat whatever you want. This food thing is part of the freedom he's experiencing for the first time as an adult headship. There's plenty of shit I'm not willing to give him a break on, but we know that having food restrictions in your formative years can lead to serious problems with food as an adult.

In fairness to Anna, I think she makes an effort with the nutrition. For instance, when she and Josh are at a restaurant together in pictures, she often has a salad with her meal and a smaller portion size of meat or whatever. People are going to eat the way they are going to eat. It's not her job to make Josh eat the way she does, or even in a healthier manner. Those are his choices, especially when they are eating out or on the road. I think there is a certain amount of evidence that Anna watches what she eats and is at least slightly more careful with her diet than the average American. For a woman with two children close together, I think she looks better than fine weight-wise. But, I do hope she's not pregnant again yet.

I think you're right. Anna hasn't gained nearly as much weight as Josh, even with the pregnancies. She's either watching what she eats or at least eating way less than he is. Which makes sense- it's the woman's job to remain slim and attractive to her husband.

And, I have to say this again. I'm no Smuggar fan, but I understand the food obsession. He lived for most of his life in a family where there were so many of them that fresh fruit was rationed and I'm sure you couldn't eat whatever you want. This food thing is part of the freedom he's experiencing for the first time as an adult headship. There's plenty of shit I'm not willing to give him a break on, but we know that having food restrictions in your formative years can lead to serious problems with food as an adult.

Agreed. Plus, when you're given an extremely limited education and nutrition is not part of that at all, then how are you equipped to make good decisions regarding food? Again, if TTC is an everyday food to you and fresh fruit isn't, obviously you're going to have issues.

I think it's Candice, Susanna, Anna, Rebekah, then Ester?

Esther then Rebekah on the end.

A month on the road eating nothing but shit? Even a salad at those joints is NOT healthy unless she is eating at salad bars, and controlling portions, and stuff like cheese, croutons and processed dressings. With the apple body you can see on the thinner sisters (Esther appears to be the only hourglass), she's going to collect the majority of her extra weight around the middle. I'm still holding out hope that she's not knocked up again, although we know it's inevitable.

I think you're right. Anna hasn't gained nearly as much weight as Josh, even with the pregnancies. She's either watching what she eats or at least eating way less than he is. Which makes sense- it's the woman's job to remain slim and attractive to her husband.

Eh, I don't think that was the case for Michelle though. Anna just doesn't have half the food issues that Josh does and I think she's somewhat more intelligent - or rather, Josh is a dumb teenage boy in a 20something's body. How old are Josh and Anna?

I'm not sure about the nose job, but I must admit she looks so much better since she lost the tragic hair style and started wearing a little make-up.

When would she have had her nose fixed? Since they've been married she's been filmed, pregnant, or on the road. Doesn't it take at least a month for the swelling to go down? I don't think they've had the time.

If Anna is pregnant, it will surprise exactly no one. And if she isn't preggers now, she will be soon enough.

I think she looks a lot better than she did a few years ago. She isn't fat by any means, and the extra weight really works in her favor, especially in the face. I think she also discovered make-up in the past few years. Her clothes are better now and if you only saw her from waist-up she would look basically normal. This look is so much better than the sleeveless dress with a t-shirt under it. She really could do so much better than Josh if she weren't stuck in this lifestyle.

Being on the road is no excuse to eat badly. Every fast-food place under the sun now has salads, and surely they can afford to eat at some sit-down places with healthy options.

I can definitely see Josh "cutting loose" from his incredibly restrictive upbringing. Not only do we see him absolutely revelling in food (sadly, none of it healthy) but we also see him wallowing in just about everything that was denied him during his youth. They have a HUGE tv, he dresses in brand names (and Mac is quite frequently overdressed in boutique styles), and he uses the internet for worldly things (like the ebil Wikipedia). No matter how sheltered his children may be, he is certainly making up for lost time by aquainting himself with what most of us would consider hum-drum everyday pleasures.

I also think that Anna's appearance is another example of Smugs starting to shape his own set of boundaries. For two decades he lived in a home where long hair was the rule. Now as head of his own little family, his wife has cut her hair! And, if I recall correctly, in one picture Mac was even wearing pants.

I do not for a minute believe that Josh is breaking away--he appears to be far too into the traditional Gothard--approved male role--but I do see him almost like a starving man who is placed in front of an all-you-can-eat buffet. He cannot help but gorge himself on everything from food to media.

When would she have had her nose fixed? Since they've been married she's been filmed, pregnant, or on the road. Doesn't it take at least a month for the swelling to go down? I don't think they've had the time.

There were a few hiatus in filming here and there. She could have gotten a month of no camera time. Her nose is less upturned and Peter Pan-ish. Any plastic surgeons on FJ thank she's been cut? I'm leaning towards no, but anything's possible with these people.

Anna's face is fuller most likely due to water retention. Edema is the cause and quite common from either medications, hormonal issues, or especially pregnancy. She is one of those people that gets pregnancy face.

Edema is also a symptom of a high sodium diet, such as one would eat being on the road for a month (and photographing the culinary journey for all to see).

Smuggar Duggar is Exhibit A. I know that I bloat quite easily if I have a few too many chips sitting in front of the teevee in one evening. They haven't been home in a month and Anna's meals haven't looked much healthier than Smugs'.

I've got $20 on her being knocked up again. Anyone else in? LOL

I'll bet $20 too that she and Josh participated in "sweet fellowship" and she is pregnant. :)

Archived