IGNORED

Famy has memorial service pictures up *spoilers*

tkr322

If those pictures are actually of the fetus, I'm very surprised. I thought skin was pretty much translucent until the third trimester. Wasn't Josie's skin see-through when she was born?

If they're pushing an anti-abortion message, it's not working with me. I can understand how those pics could comfort the parents, but they just creep me right out. I'm really really glad that the picture of the whole fetus in someone's heart-hands is tiny and I can't easily see a closer, bigger version of it. Seeing the little face would probably give me nightmares.

The picture captioned MIchelle as holding the baby's hand, the skin looks transparent. The feet look totally different - not transparent at all.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upon seeing the pictures, my first thought was that they were going to use these to further their anti-choice campaign. Who wants to take bets that poor little Jubilee's pictures will be on a poster board with one of the J'kids holding it on the side of the road?

This is just a spectacle of epic proportions. Just when you think they can't whore themselves out any more, they one-up themselves. This was a miscarriage, not a still-born. Women have them every day. Hell, I've had two. For some, it is crushingly sad but I dare say that women who've miscarried a fetus that measured 16 weeks would not tout the remains for public consumtion -- let alone try to make a profit off it. These people are sick and while they are my guilty pleasure (I don't watch the show anymore, but I read all about them here), I wouldn't spit on Jimbob or Michelle if they were on fire. The kids can't be held accountable -- unless you want to argue that Josh and Anna + their kids should have opted out of the crazy.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Anna, who had a miscarriage in the last year or so, handled this....

I feel dirty just looking at those pictures. They have made it impossible for me to ever even consider seeing them as anything other than the attention whores they are.

I don't honestly even have any words. There is nothing in the English language to describe what they are, how they act, or how they appall me.

Upon seeing the pictures, my first thought was that they were going to use these to further their anti-choice campaign. Who wants to take bets that poor little Jubilee's pictures will be on a poster board with one of the J'kids holding it on the side of the road?

This is just a spectacle of epic proportions. Just when you think they can't whore themselves out any more, they one-up themselves. This was a miscarriage, not a still-born. Women have them every day. Hell, I've had two. For some, it is crushingly sad but I dare say that women who've miscarried a fetus that measured 16 weeks would not tout the remains for public consumtion -- let alone try to make a profit off it. These people are sick and while they are my guilty pleasure (I don't watch the show anymore, but I read all about them here), I wouldn't spit on Jimbob or Michelle if they were on fire. The kids can't be held accountable -- unless you want to argue that Josh and Anna + their kids should have opted out of the crazy.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Anna, who had a miscarriage in the last year or so, handled this....

Anna had a miscarriage?

Holey Moley. I have now officially seen everything.

What I don't mind about this mess: the fact of a memorial service, the naming of the fetus, people wearing clothing that isn't black, seeking donations to a cause as memorials to the deceased.

What I do mind: pretty much everything else. Off the top of my head: an open casket for anyone, let alone a fetus; the whole family posing happily; the hideous megachurch, which looks more like what I imagine a Church of Scientology would look like; putting the damned collection box front and center on the dais; posting pictures of the unfortunate fetus and her festive family on Facebook.

These people are from some other planet. It is so, so obvious that they are angling for a couple more seasons of their show out of this tragic turn of events. One wonders if JimBoob and J'Chelle actually got on their knees and prayed to God for guidance in how to handle the loss of their 20th. I doubt it, because I doubt God would have given the go-ahead to a freaking three-ring circus. I just shakes my head.

The picture captioned MIchelle as holding the baby's hand, the skin looks transparent. The feet look totally different - not transparent at all.

Michelle's fingers look transparent too.... just noticed the whole photo has the veiny look. Why?

I feel dirty just looking at those pictures. They have made it impossible for me to ever even consider seeing them as anything other than the attention whores they are.

Absolutely this. The whole time I was looking I was smiling, which is what I do when I'm extremely uncomfortable. I work with the dead. I am not bothered by corpses, in pictures or in person, but these photos make me feel dirty. I think what makes me feel this way is the fact that they are making such a circus out of the miscarriage. They are behaving as if they had lost a child who they had known, who had lived and breathed and had a personality and thoughts and feelings. This is beyond what people would do for a stillborn death (which this wasn't).

I understand that as fundies, they see Jubilee as having been chosen to go to God. I understand that someone being called to live with Jesus in heaven is a cause for joy to them. That doesn't explain the shoebox open casket, or the grinning for the camera as if it were a photo op at a book signing. They have been so, so tacky in the way they have handled this after the initial announcement.

Anna had a miscarriage?

Before getting pregnant with Michael, she had a miscarriage. But she says she had it 2 days after taking a pregnancy test so some people have said they think it was a false positive.

The casket looks like a gift wrapped shoe box, there are so many things wrong with all of this on so many levels. This is proof postive that they are true fame whores, right up there with the Kardashians.

1. The little kids have no idea what's going on or why they're there, its just another Duggar photo op for them.

2. EVERYONE IS FUCKING SMILING !!! I've never seen such a gleeful funeral. I wonder if little "caleb" got as nice of a send off?

1. The little kids have no idea what's going on or why they're there, its just another Duggar photo op for them.

2. EVERYONE IS FUCKING SMILING !!! I've never seen such a gleeful funeral. I wonder if little "caleb" got as nice of a send off?

Caleb was likely sent to the watery deep a la a jimboob flush.

I've figured out why they don't have huge framed pictures of JB, J'chelle and baby Josh smiling over a shoebox full of J'Caleb.

You see, J'chelle & JB didn't KNOW that the fetus she was carrying before the big, bad evil secular birth control kicked in was a real, live, sent from Jesus BABY!! They didn't know until Dr. Godly told them. And by then, J'Caleb had been flushed away. Oh noes!!!!! No baby to bury!!!

But now that they know once JB's magic Godly sperm hits the bulleye's on J'chelle proper lady eggs they have a real, live baby. So when the baby is called by God, they have to name it and bury it and....

I still can't explain the smiles.

I had to register after lurking here for a very long time after reading this topic--I'm an OB nurse and one of the hardest parts of my jobs is dealing with fetal demises, but I can definitely answer a few questions about the medical side of it as well as the pictures.

Every time we have a demise of 16ish weeks or greater (at least at my hospital) we take pictures. Our photographer helps us to position the fetus in the most "attractive" ways and feet and hands are usually very well formed and normal looking, so these are often the subject of the majority of the photos. We also make hand and foot prints and help parents to make memory boxes--it seems like a lot of these parents are fertility patients and we try to help them have memories of what could be their only child. Some parents don't want all of this and want to move on, but we still take the photos and prints and keep them in our grief office for at least a year (many times people come back and ask for photos). We are also required to get weights, footprints, and lengths for paperwork purposes (this determines whether it is legally a stillbirth or a miscarriage). I can also confirm that the photos look about the same as a lot of the 16 week demises I've taken care of--with a lot of photoshopping.

People grieve in very different ways. I completely disagree with the Duggars on so many things, and have had many a conversation at work about how bad we all felt for her PACU nurse with her overstretched uterus, but I can't fault them for the way they are grieving. I'm also weirdly torn about how I feel about this being so public--I'm thinking about a patient I had recently who really wanted to have a funeral and I'm wondering if seeing other "famous" people making the decision to have a memorial (as she eventually did) validates her decision. I'm normally all for judging the Duggars, just not on the way they are grieving if that makes sense--it's just too close to what my patients often choose, and I just don't want people to feel badly if they are struggling with the never easy decisions that come with a late miscarriage.

And now before anyone thinks I'm a complete Duggar lover I do think the smilling was really strange!

Sorry if this was way too much for a first post!

Waiting for one of the little kids want to unwrap it. Looks like a present.

The casket looks like a gift wrapped shoe box, there are so many things wrong with all of this on so many levels. This is proof postive that they are true fame whores, right up there with the Kardashians.

Boob and Kris Jenner should start hanging out. Both of them are greedy and fame whores.

One thing I just noticed-

I don't think the picture showing the tiny feet is the same fetus as the one that is tagged as Michelle holding Jubilee's hand. The fingers holding the hand have grown out finger nails, and the one holding the feet have very short, trim nails. So, unless it's two different womens hands or something...

I think the feet picture is a random picture.

I just went back and looked at photo #1 again. Poor Joy. She is standing there looking directly down into the apparently open casket. What must she be thinking? "Here I am in some amphitheatre with my family grinning like Cheshire cats and here is my dead baby sister, only she doesnt' feel like a sister, she just feels like an occasion for us all to have to get our picture made."

Guest Anonymous
Once a Duggar, forever a Duggar. Even if you DIE J'chelle will exploit you. She's got you in her clutches forever!

Her motto is probably "Death Be Not Proud"

Before getting pregnant with Michael, she had a miscarriage. But she says she had it 2 days after taking a pregnancy test so some people have said they think it was a false positive.

Technically, unless you're on fertility drugs, there's no such thing as a false positive, what she had was a chemical pregnancy if it was 2 days after a positive pee stick test.

http://www.peeonastick.com/falsepos.html

I had to register after lurking here for a very long time after reading this topic--I'm an OB nurse and one of the hardest parts of my jobs is dealing with fetal demises, but I can definitely answer a few questions about the medical side of it as well as the pictures.

Every time we have a demise of 16ish weeks or greater (at least at my hospital) we take pictures. Our photographer helps us to position the fetus in the most "attractive" ways and feet and hands are usually very well formed and normal looking, so these are often the subject of the majority of the photos. We also make hand and foot prints and help parents to make memory boxes--it seems like a lot of these parents are fertility patients and we try to help them have memories of what could be their only child. Some parents don't want all of this and want to move on, but we still take the photos and prints and keep them in our grief office for at least a year (many times people come back and ask for photos). We are also required to get weights, footprints, and lengths for paperwork purposes (this determines whether it is legally a stillbirth or a miscarriage). I can also confirm that the photos look about the same as a lot of the 16 week demises I've taken care of--with a lot of photoshopping.

People grieve in very different ways. I completely disagree with the Duggars on so many things, and have had many a conversation at work about how bad we all felt for her PACU nurse with her overstretched uterus, but I can't fault them for the way they are grieving. I'm also weirdly torn about how I feel about this being so public--I'm thinking about a patient I had recently who really wanted to have a funeral and I'm wondering if seeing other "famous" people making the decision to have a memorial (as she eventually did) validates her decision. I'm normally all for judging the Duggars, just not on the way they are grieving if that makes sense--it's just too close to what my patients often choose, and I just don't want people to feel badly if they are struggling with the never easy decisions that come with a late miscarriage.

And now before anyone thinks I'm a complete Duggar lover I do think the smilling was really strange!

Sorry if this was way too much for a first post!

Welcome and thanks for the info. However, what you describe is what is done at your hospital. According to what's been written, the Mullet actually expelled the dead fetus while she was at home, had a little service at home, and then went to the hospital. Does that make sense to you? I'm not being snarky.

Technically, unless you're on fertility drugs, there's no such thing as a false positive, what she had was a chemical pregnancy if it was 2 days after a positive pee stick test.

http://www.peeonastick.com/falsepos.html

One of my losses was at less than 5 weeks. I got a positive test before my period and then ended up miscarrying a day after my period was supposed to come. I had blood tests confirmed by a doctor that I was indeed pregnant for like the 4 or 5 days I knew about it. So yes, it is possible and I'm sure she did have one.

The bright blue dress and shirt were probably for the benefit of the TV cameras. "Okay, we've got all the little children dressed in black or gray, we need a little pop of color on the parents, something that harmonizes with the set, er sanctuary"

I'm sure the casket is not the box on the pedestal - it must be the open casket behind the littlest kids on the brown table cloth. There are two flower arrangements flanking it and Jennifer, Joy and Josiah are all looking down into it. I find this whole display completely astounding, smiling widely at a funeral for a fetus. Sure, everyone grieves in their own way - but I think they've left planet earth. I guess if you truley believe that your baby is in eternal paradise with the creator then perhaps you can find something to smile about, but I think that would take a lot of brainwashing to over-ride the natural reaction to a loss. I wonder if they can simply think of no other way to provide for their hoarde of children than to exploit every gritty life event that occurs. I'd say they should start marrying them off - at least that's a more pleasant occasion for a photo-op.

Archived