IGNORED

Famy has memorial service pictures up *spoilers*

tkr322

Delurking just to say...WOW. That is disturbing. Not necessarily the feet and such, but the glowing smiles from ear to ear. Im just...no. :shock: :?

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That family is just one bearded lady short of a freak show. The entire reason they did this is to make their point about abortion. Sickening.

The photo of the family smiling around the casket will be in the Duggar's next book, as well as the tell-all book one of the kids will someday write. In the Duggar's book, the caption will talk about how the day was all about God and Jubilee. J'escaped Duggar will write about how the events of that day scarred him/her.

For families that don't gather much, it's not uncommon to take pictures the day of a funeral when everyone's actually together. It's usually after the service and doesn't involve the coffin.

I'm sure on the VSE the Duggars will explain why their home church wasn't suitable for the funeral/memorial service, and for a small fee (or in exchange for an on-air plug), a local church opened up its doors.

This. I bet Boob and Mullet are already signing a book deal.

These people are fucking crazy...this is isn't a respectful memorial to a lost child; it's one big disgusting pro life statement. In the first photo the only one who looks upset (out of the adults) is poor, put-upon grandma THIS requires a boycott of TLC/advertising if it's filmed. Of course, they didn't see anything wrong with showing a deteriorating grandpa Duggar so I guess we shouldn't expect anything different from this morons.

Someone mentioned that people put boxes for donations/cards? Now I've heard of them leaving cards and envelopes discretely with the church or funeral home, but not in a decorated box....are people confusing funerals with wedding receptions nowadays?

I've been in a few churches that look like that for weddings - they feel more like school auditoriums than churches but they're built to pack in the crowds.

That's utterly bonkers. I think the family has been on TV for so long that they've forgotten that sometimes you shouldn't automatically smile for the camera. Insane.

And more evidence that they don't really regard a foetus as a person. Imagine if one of the children had died - would anyone there be grinning through their funeral? I doubt it.

I think they had it at Cross Church http://crosschurch.com

I really didn't expect they would be this bad. I don't really know what to say.

I hope their show doesn't become "20 Kids and Counting". That would really bother me for some reason.

Is that the church they used to attend?

I think they had it at Cross Church http://crosschurch.com

I really didn't expect they would be this bad. I don't really know what to say.

I hope their show doesn't become "20 Kids and Counting". That would really bother me for some reason.

I agree. Looks like the sanctuary at First Baptist of Springdale. I refuse to call it "Cross Church". :roll:

I know one person whose preemie died and they had a photo taken with the casket. The parents were crying, though. Not beaming like Michelle.

I agree. Looks like the sanctuary at First Baptist of Springdale. I refuse to call it "Cross Church". :roll:

It's such a stupid name.

Is that the church they used to attend?

I can't remember, but I think so.

It looks like a mega church and some mega churches are a bit tacky looking.

A bit?! Omg. Purple glowing lights and giant television screens...It looks like they're hosting a rave (/corny dance party on a discount cruise ship), not a memorial. So perfect for the Duggars.

Agree that Josh is stuffed into that suit like a hot dog. Michelle looks like she is posing for a magazine cover shoot.

That family is just one bearded lady short of a freak show. The entire reason they did this is to make their point about abortion. Sickening.

ITA.

Gross ghouls.

But unless they went to these lengths with J'Caleb, how are they not huge hypocrites? Apparently, the fetus has to be a certain stage along in development to warrant a church funeral and an obituary. . . so much for it's a real BAYBEE at conception.

The smiling is really disturbing. I think you can tell that some of the older kids feel that way too.

Also, I am no Smuggar/Anna fan... but Anna's holding Michael and Josh is holding Mack. Michelle doesn't even bother to hold Josie. Telling, no?

Also, I am no Smuggar/Anna fan... but Anna's holding Michael and Josh is holding Mack. Michelle doesn't even bother to hold Josie. Telling, no?

Oh, yeah. Michelle is not holding a single child. But when is she ever?

And all I can say is :roll: :shock:

384447_2779272116920_1111650198_3132734_1821250844_n.jpg

386424_2779267996817_1111650198_3132730_847499923_n.jpg

Also 2 more pictures further down on page 1.

ETA: The last one doesn't bother me, I see this a lot amongst people who lose their babies. I'm sure it's touching to have a picture of your child's hands or feet to remember them by. Like I said before, I've had 2 miscarriages myself.

The first one seems ridiculous to me. They're all smiling around a casket?! Also, this looks like a mega church from the other pictures and like it was a huge ordeal. Again... I would never EVER do this if I lost a child at that gestation. I would want privacy and time to grieve, not whore myself out.

/end rant

Again this is disgusting, what a bunch of hypocrites. Alles für die Bühne (everything for the stage). There is no real sense of genuine sadness at all. They all smile and act like pavlovian dogs.

Oh, yeah. Michelle is not holding a single child. But when is she ever?

True enough. And I'm not a mother.. but I feel like if I was, and I had a preemie that was as delicate as Josie, that child would not leave my general vicinity for a loooooong time.

The smiling is really disturbing. I think you can tell that some of the older kids feel that way too.

Yes, I just looked at the first picture again and it is still really disturbing. HOW can they all be smiling? Even the littlest kids, who must be really disturbed at this bad thing that has happened? I don't understand it.

If those pictures are actually of the fetus, I'm very surprised. I thought skin was pretty much translucent until the third trimester. Wasn't Josie's skin see-through when she was born?

If they're pushing an anti-abortion message, it's not working with me. I can understand how those pics could comfort the parents, but they just creep me right out. I'm really really glad that the picture of the whole fetus in someone's heart-hands is tiny and I can't easily see a closer, bigger version of it. Seeing the little face would probably give me nightmares.

The only reason that Josh is holding a baby is because he doesn't have an older kid around to do it for him. The day that Mack is old enough to tote a baby, Josh will never hold one again. Anna will hold the youngest one, Mack will hold the second-youngest, and the third-youngest will be old enough to stand. Even Michelle and Jim Bob used to hold their own kids when they only had young ones.

If those pictures are actually of the fetus, I'm very surprised. I thought skin was pretty much translucent until the third trimester. Wasn't Josie's skin see-through when she was born?

If they're pushing an anti-abortion message, it's not working with me. I can understand how those pics could comfort the parents, but they just creep me right out. I'm really really glad that the picture of the whole fetus in someone's heart-hands is tiny and I can't easily see a closer, bigger version of it. Seeing the little face would probably give me nightmares.

Me too. I don't even like the feet pictures at all.

Yeah as everyone else said I am just sitting here shaking my head in disbelief.

Any sorrow or guilt I may have had for them has just gone out of the window.

:angry-cussingblack:

They showed Josie as having normal skin but my mother and I turned to each other and went WTF? My mum is convinced they filmed her later and edited it together or something because I was about the same size/gestational age as Josie when I was born and my skin was totally see through for the first little while. Eventually, I started fine little white hairs and looked like a little albino monkey until my skin developed.

My thoughts on the funeral have pretty much been said but I feel the need to say them anyway:

-WTF who SMILES over their dead baby/fetus/child?! Seriously it's distasteful. I find the entire practice of taking pictures at funeral horrid.

-Seriously? You buried your miscarried fetus in a shoebox?! Some have said that maybe the black box was the casket proper and the shoe box was for "love offerings". Either way it's horrible. If the shoebox is the baby's casket: I've seen nicer things at a craft store. If it is for love offerings: Who asks/begs/demands money at a funeral?! How disgusting. I have seen instances where families ask for donations to be sent to a charity. I have absolutely no objection to this. But to ask for money for your own personal gain, in public for all to see, just disgusts me. They have no shame or sense of propriety. There are certain things you just don't do.

-I don't care for megachurches. They remind me of stadiums or those generic prayer spaces they sometimes have in hospitals. Very bare and unwelcoming.

I'm still unclear. Is "Jubilee" in what appears to be an open box on the pedestal? The one in front of Grandma and James with what appears to be butterflies on it.

I can't imagine what else would be in there.

Such a special fetus. I don't think Anna's miscarried baby got a big celebratory send-off and I doubt "Caleb" did either.

Fucking. Fame. Whores.

Although I must say that Jim Bob looks decidedly uncomfortable with the whole thing.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I just looked at the first picture again and it is still really disturbing. HOW can they all be smiling? Even the littlest kids, who must be really disturbed at this bad thing that has happened? I don't understand it.

The only ones displaying grief are Josiah, Joy and the littlest girl (Jordyn?) in the very front.

Archived