IGNORED

Famy has memorial service pictures up *spoilers*

tkr322

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josiah also appears to be genuinely sad. I feel so bad for him. To whoever said Michelle was glowing, you are absolutely right. That is the exact same smile she had when they were taking Jason to the ambulance after his fall.

Anyone else notice Josiah? He also looks miserable :(. Poor guy, he didn't want this baby to begin with and I'm sure they've made him feel like dirt because of it.

There are no words to describe how disturbing i find those pictures. They are turning this into a spectacle and a circus. i hope i don't stumble across their very special episode on tv because i can't take watching that. They may have claimed to want privacy but it's obvious all they want is attention.

I don't feel qualified to judge if those photos of Jubilee are the real fetus or not...but even if it is they made it look like a pro life bilboard and that's not right.

And dear God let that not be an open casket.

If it is, oh my god.

Like, logistically, how do you embalm a tiny tiny fetus? If it were an open casket, the fetus would be pretty dessicated by now unless it were kept in the freezer, which is a whole other realm of blerghhhh.

Also, are there butterflies on the casket? Because....really, Butterflies!?!?!?

If I were a woman who had a late term miscarriage or a stillbirth I would be so offended. This is an affront to women who have had to bury dead babies (as opposed to dead fetuses).

I actually think the pictures of the feet are really cool and amazing. HOWEVER, I would not have shared them with the world. I would have kept them as private family mementos.

ETA: I do think the sharing of the photos and the open casket are some sort of pro-life message - "look how HUMAN she looks!" etc.

Okay positives - I have no problem with the pictures or the naming of the baby. My brother and SIL lost a baby at 4 months and they named her and had a small private family memorial service - just sang some hymns and prayed - them and both sets of parents. Nothing public. It gave them great closure and we have a small icon thing in our house with baby Hope's name on it - it is a nice memory of my first niece.

Negatives- I just do not get the major church thing and the open casket - yes I believe that a fetus is a human the moment it is created, but I would never have an open casket or a large ceremony or memorialize my house with massive pictures of the pre-term baby. It just doesn't make sense...especially with all the little kids who are probably so confused by the whole situation.

Miscarriages are a big deal - but please Duggars, why are you being so public about this? Why are you putting on such a show?

:shock:

People who lose a wanted pregnancy grieve, I get that, at whatever stage. I have seen these kinds of pictures many times before, and there are groups that provide free photography for families after such a loss (a later miscarriage, or a stillborn) such as Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. There is a reason they are usually black and white and retouched, as in miscarriages or stillbirths (where the child did not die during the birthing process) the pictures can be very graphic and the lost fetus/baby is often not very pretty, for lack of a better word.

Some people find the pictures disturbing, or they trigger memories. For me, they do not bother me if they are tasteful and private. However, I don't know any of these families who make these pictures into such a public display (they share them privately with family, or on loss boards), or would be found smiling around at a funeral in a mega church. I do not think funerals need to always be dour, but something is very off about this whole thing.

And I do feel for these younger kids who are being in position of having to see J'Fetus (either in person OR in pictures). That is a lot for a young child. The "open casket" is just, in my opinion, a horrible thing given the circumstances.

This does seem like one giant fame-whoring pro-life propagandizing deal.

OMG!! Is there NOTHING these people wont do for publicity?

Hmm I tried to find the pictures on facebook and looks like she's taken them down or they weren't on her fan page but another page. It looks like they've rented out a auditorium for the "memorial service", which speaks to me about how many people attended. I'm sure by family and friends they extended that net pretty far. I guess now we have to wait to see the special episode because there is almost no chance they didn't film this freak show. Those poor kids!

I also have no words to describe how disturbing those pictures are, and I really wish Josiah could be freed since he's probably being made to feel like crap because he wasn't as excited about the pregnancy announcement as everyone else. If they wanted a memorial service, that's fine, but since they held it in a megachurch and posed for pictures smiling around the casket which was left open, it shows they're just famewhores. If anything, someone else would have had an actual private service, probably at their own home, and if any pictures were taken, they would be kept private. After all, that really is the same smile Michelle had as her son was being taken to the hospital after falling in the orchestra pit. I dread the thought of coming across the commercial for the VSE about the miscarriage, let alone finding the actual episode. I just hope they didn't make anyone kiss the fetus, especially Josiah.

It also shows that Jim Boob is too cheap to have let his wife get a black blouse from a thrift store, as most of the others in the photo are wearing black.

It looks like they've rented out a auditorium for the "memorial service", which speaks to me about how many people attended.

Their own family + Bates + anyone else who pays dues to ATI in a 7 state area+ deranged fans......

I am reeling with the thought of this all being on tv, but of course it will be! Sick. Just sick.

No pics on FB. Damage control again I wonder?

OMG!! Is there NOTHING these people wont do for publicity?

Apparently not . . .

Deathbed scene, perhaps? A la Victorian novel with dying person uttering religious platitudes and giving blessings to all (See Little Eva's death in 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' or Nell's in 'The Old Curiosity Shop' for good examples of the genre.

No, come to think of it I can totally see them doing that - it would be such good television!

No pics on FB. Damage control again I wonder?

They don't get the internet do they? Once it's up it's public. You can delete it, but it's still up - somewhere.

The first one seems ridiculous to me. They're all smiling around a casket?!

That's really disturbing.

I mean, I would take pictures/have pictures taken, because that's my thing. But they would be something private, for me and my partner, not bulletin boards for the whole world to see.

Everyone does grieve in their own way - some people want no displays, some people want the whole world - but it just seems selfish to impose your grief on everyone like that.

"Besides their ability to fame-whore, I suspect that JB and J'Uterus saw this as a golden opportunity to show how baby-like a fetus is."

Except it isn't like that because of a nasty little thing called fetal maceration. The photos look like they're taken by 'nowilaymedowntosleep' a charitable organisation that gives grieving people images of their dead babies. They usually retouch them, apparently.

After several days dead in utero, it won't have looked pretty and will have been extremely traumatic for the children to see.

Wish I didn't know just how un-pretty it's likely to have looked from personal experience - not my own child, a friend's, that she insisted on showing everyone . . .

Those poor children . . .

Wow, I looked that up. I do not believe that photo is of the Duggar fetus' feet. Maceration takes place in pretty quickly and it is. . . is not pretty.

I did not post the photos (they were terrible) but the website is there along with a chart on how quickly things get ugly.

Feature Interval between death and delivery

Skin desquamation of > or =1 cm > or = 6 hours

Skin desquamation involving the face, back and/or abdomen > or =12 hours

Skin desquamation involving at least 5% of body surface > or = 18 hours

Change of skin coloration to tan or brown > or = 24 hours

Generalized skin desquamation > or = 24 hours

Mummification > or = 14 days

http://www2.marshfieldclinic.org/wissp/ ... n95001.htm

Actually, the feet look a lot like fetal feet that were commonly printed on information pro-lifers handed out in the 1980s. There were even little silver pins depicting the little feet, supposedly those of a 10-gestational fetus.

I suspect that's just what they are.

Besides their ability to fame-whore, I suspect that JB and J'Uterus saw this as a golden opportunity to show how baby-like a fetus is.

This x 1000. I feel sorry for their loss, but this display is horrible.

Sadly, the visual impression of life that they're trying to create doesn't match up with the reality when the tiny fetus you're holding isn't moving. And I feel terrible for the older girls that had to deal with the medical aspect on Sunday night. Seeing your mother in pain would be bad enough, but then having to help deliver & then tend to the fetus - no child should have to do that & no parent should ever, ever expect them to! (Emergency situations are the exception, of course, but J'chelle voluntarily went home rather than let medical professionals help her through this. "No thanks, I'll just scar my girls for life." :x )

Archived