IGNORED

Famy has memorial service pictures up *spoilers*

tkr322

I've decided, for my own personal sanity, that some how Famy's facebook was hacked, and those pictures are actually from, say, a nice award ceremony. Not a funeral. *shudder* Photoshop, I tell you, photoshop.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When my uncle died in 2005, there were pictures taken. There were very subdued smiles, and I don't think my grandmother smiled at all, since, you know, she was at her son's funeral. I thought it was weird then, but I figured it was only weird since I was 13 and it was the first funeral I'd been to.

I can understand taking pictures with family you don't see often, but the smiles the Duggars have... hoe lee sheet. And what's with the shoebox thing? I think I have that in brown on my desk at home. I use it to store junk.

And the megachurch. I'm not dissing religious ceremonies, but a huge event in a friggin' MEGACHURCH? I know Jubilee has no thoughts on this matter, but I can't help but feel so, so bad for her that she's being pimped out like this. I think I feel worse over Jubilee's death than Michelle does. :( RIP, Jubilee, even though you never had a life at all.

And it is very telling that Joseph's the one holding Josie, rather than Michelle. FFS can't she hold the kids she has RIGHT THERE? Cunt.

I think Michelle is batshit insane, and JB's just going along with it because he doesn't know what else to do. He needs to grow a damn pair. I'd rather the doctors just cremated her or whatever than this attention-whoring bullshit. :evil:

It takes a lot to freak me out, but those pictures are disturbing. Not so much the fact that they had a memorial (although that never would've occurred to me, we just don't do that kind of stuff in our family, I guess), but that they did it so publicly in such a tacky way. I'm not a huge fan of fetus pictures in general, and I always want to tell pro-life people that their fetus posters are just pushing me further in the other direction. :|

Same here. I love traditional churches, like old Catholic churches. I can't stand newer ones that look like they could be headquarters for large corporations on the outside, and on the inside have sanctuaries that look more like auditoriums than actual sanctuaries. I don't like them either, they're not very welcoming at all.

This reminds me of a picture I came across a couple of years ago on GWOP.

They had been discussing the 'trend' of parents of HOM's trying to pimp out their kids for fame or money a la Kate Gosselin (JK=8, Raising Sextuplets, Quints by surprise, etc). There was one family that had been in the media for their very premature and struggling set I forget how many it was). A couple of the babies didn't survive past the first couple days of life, and there was a link to a picture they had taken at the funeral. Ther was a platform with a tiny casket, and behind it were the parents, smiling wide for the cameras. It was just sick and sad, that baby wasn't miscarried or stillborn. It was actually living and breathing for several days...yet they were beaming. I'm not sure which is worse, probably the Duggar's because the children were involved.

I can't remember the name of the family...I think they are form Texas :shock:

The only ones displaying grief are Josiah, Joy and the littlest girl (Jordyn?) in the very front.

Jordyn is the only one who looks like she's truly in mourning, but she's only 3 so it's probably just the photo.

Jim Bob looks uneasy. Joy refused to put her head up and say cheese. Josiah looks unhappy. Everyone else is smiling happily or at least trying to fake it.

Michelle is beaming. Scary thing is, if Jason had not survived his fall this summer, I have a feeling Michelle would be smiling just as broadly at his funeral.

For the sake of the kids, the show needs to end. Now. Mom's completely unhinged and seems to be getting worse.

This does not look like a family in mourning. It looks like a family joyfully using a miscarriage to promote a political agenda.

At Grandpa Duggar`s funeral, were there photographs depicting the family cuddling and interacting with his corpse? I doubt it.

Thank you for Spoiler Tagging them. I will add *TRIGGER ALERT*

I will warn anyone who has had a miscarriage and has triggers, you probably do not want to look @ the second of tkr233's photos.

Really? REALLY? Wow. Who is going to pull out their advertising for THIS show after this stunt?

Despicable. Truly.

This does not look like a family in mourning. It looks like a family joyfully using a miscarriage to promote a political agenda

Perfect summation. Agreed 100%.

Momento mori are quite common across many cultures and ethnicities. My family does casket photos of adult deceased.They are private artifacts, never available to the public. I suspect this tradition will end with my generation who finds them macabre and tasteless.

As a person who has worked in the mortuary business I suggest that Jvagina's photos of hands with the fetus feet were taken immediately after the fetus was expelled and cleaned. The fetus itself would have been frozen (not refrigerated) to slow the decomp process.

The smiling family photos, cannot be attributed to anything but ego and hubris. Again I must say, these people disgust me to no end.

As to the cardboard box, I would have preferred the fancy feast dish or pirates chest.

I feel like I need a Silkwood shower to get the stink of famewhore cooties off of me just by looking at these pictures.

The ONLY reason they're doing this is to be the most pro-life pro-lifers who ever pro-lifed during their pro-life. Because we all know that the ONLY life that matters is the unborn, pre-born, womb-bound, womb-housed (or whatever they call it) baby's. It doesn't matter if you have nineteen other children, including one that is developmentally delayed. Who the fuck cares about her? She's post-born, the womb has kicked her out, the womb cleaved her/leaved her and now she's on her own.

I bet my imaginary first born womb fruit that she WILL get pregnant again. It will happen. And she'll have another miscarriage. And there will be another memorial service. In fact, I bet in five years J'chelle be roaming the house with a shoebox of used tampons with the names (Justice, Jellybean, Juniper, JammyJo) written on the side, muttering to herself and trying to tuck a house cat under her My Brest Friend to rest on the nursing pillow.

Was the family you are talking about the Stansel family? They are Mormons who were expecting sextuplets. Only two of the girls survived. Compared to most of the loonies focused on here, they are actually pretty...dare I say it...ok?

Both of their surviving daughters have severe problems, but they are on the ball receiving all sorts of therapy for them. It's actually refreshing to see proactive parents when you compare them to the Duggars and their ilk.

I experienced a miscarriage about 6 years ago. It was the one of the most painful times in my life and I still struggle with the aftereffects--I had post-partem depression that manifested in panic attacks that I still occasionally suffer from. I can honestly tell you that after my miscarriage, I just wanted to be left alone. I wanted my husband, my mother, and my son and that was it. There is no way I could handle all the pomp and circustance that the Duggars seem to be courting.

I wonder if Michelle isn't in some way experiencing a mental breakdown. That is the only think I can think of that would explain the look on her face in those pictures...

Guest Anonymous
I feel like I need a Silkwood shower to get the stink of famewhore cooties off of me just by looking at these pictures.

The ONLY reason they're doing this is to be the most pro-life pro-lifers who ever pro-lifed during their pro-life. Because we all know that the ONLY life that matters is the unborn, pre-born, womb-bound, womb-housed (or whatever they call it) baby's. It doesn't matter if you have nineteen other children, including one that is developmentally delayed. Who the fuck cares about her? She's post-born, the womb has kicked her out, the womb cleaved her/leaved her and now she's on her own.

I bet my imaginary first born womb fruit that she WILL get pregnant again. It will happen. And she'll have another miscarriage. And there will be another memorial service. In fact, I bet in five years J'chelle be roaming the house with a shoebox of used tampons with the names (Justice, Jellybean, Juniper, JammyJo) written on the side, muttering to herself and trying to tuck a house cat under her My Brest Friend to rest on the nursing pillow.

My condolences to the cat.

Momento mori are quite common across many cultures and ethnicities. My family does casket photos of adult deceased.They are private artifacts, never available to the public. I suspect this tradition will end with my generation who finds them macabre and tasteless.

As a person who has worked in the mortuary business I suggest that Jvagina's photos of hands with the fetus feet were taken immediately after the fetus was expelled and cleaned. The fetus itself would have been frozen (not refrigerated) to slow the decomp process.

The smiling family photos, cannot be attributed to anything but ego and hubris. Again I must say, these people disgust me to no end.

As to the cardboard box, I would have preferred the fancy feast dish or pirates chest.

*barf* I wonder if they stuck it in one of their freezers, right beside the mega bags of tater tots?

Whoever their public relations person is, they want to give them the boot. Even if they were too dumb to know releasing those pictures, let alone having a private memorial for 1000 of their 'closest friends and family' while smiling on stage, a good public relations manager would tell them that this was a no-no.

I've spoken here of my daughter plenty of times. Well I don't know if I ever told you all, but she was a twin. Her sister, R, died at age 6 hours. My girls were born at 26 weeks, a similar gestation to Josie. R was the smaller twin and died after 6 hours. Despite having my surviving daughter, it took me a VERY long time to smile. Don't get me wrong I cherish L, I cherish her early days even though they were so, so hard. And yes, I was happy, but I was sad too. I do know one thing though, there was no way I could have smiled through a PUBLIC, or even private memorial service for R.

We had a small, private family funeral for her and it was the hardest thing that I have ever done in my entire life.

I've said it before, the Duggars make me sick, but this time they have more than any other time.

Same here. I love traditional churches, like old Catholic churches. I can't stand newer ones that look like they could be headquarters for large corporations on the outside, and on the inside have sanctuaries that look more like auditoriums than actual sanctuaries. I don't like them either, they're not very welcoming at all.

Another one joining you...I love the look of old Catholic churches. We have TONS of 'em where I live, and it is very interesting to see the differences architecturally between these old churches and the ones that were built after Vatican II. Some of those post-Vatican II churches look very, how can I say it diplomatically, "interesting" (aka very ugly.)

Those American mega-churches are aptly-named allright! Did you see the ep. where the family ends up in mega-church in Kentucky for a screeching violin performance + speaking engagement? That church was gigantic! I don't like those layouts, it reminds me of auditoriums and modern movieplexes. Those places lack "reverence".

And I definitely smell a "Very Special Episode" coming up....possibly a two hour special...

I just wrote to TLC and am working my way down the list of sponsors letting them know their support of this kind of tasteless dysfunction makes the Enquirer look better than the NY Times.

Oh my gosh! I am choking from laughing over here! :lol:

My condolences to the cat.

I'll plan and stage the intervention to rescue all felines living within 1o miles of the Duggar plantation...My Brest friend would be a fate worse than death.

Thanks for the humor, both of you- gave me a much needed laugh after waves of horror, disgust and shock of seeing the happy, Happy Duggars in their Pro Life cover shot- guess Michelle (betwen bouts of crazy and media press releases, comments and announcements) is trying to lock down another season as well as 2011 Pro-Life Mother of The Year award

Why are they smiling??

Because that's what they've been trained to do. They wouldn't know how to react any differently. THAT'S how fucked up the fame has made them. I wonder if Boob and J'chelle will ever realize it?

I showed my mother in law who is rarely ... how shall we put it, she's very British so its hard to shock her.

She was appalled and disgusted.

What Gizmola said.

I simply find this entire trainwreck revolting and reprehensible.

All I could think of was a scene in Margaret Atwood's novel The Handmaid's Tale, set in a world where the rate of fertility and viable pregnancies had plummeted owing to ecological disaster. In it, there was a bizarrely walk-of-shamelike public funeral procession for a miscarried fetus. Because the mother was obviously a failure for having miscarried.

But Michelle is all smiling and has gathered the kids around for a group shot. What the FLYING FUCK?????

Archived