IGNORED

Famy has memorial service pictures up *spoilers*

tkr322

Momento mori are quite common across many cultures and ethnicities. My family does casket photos of adult deceased.They are private artifacts, never available to the public. I suspect this tradition will end with my generation who finds them macabre and tasteless.

I actually think this is a really interesting tradition, though times and tastes have changed.

My beef with the Duggars in this regard is, well, if this instance with the miscarriage is NOT purely a pro-life propaganda stunt, then what`s good for the goose is good for the gander, and they should`ve then had similar photos during the other time of public family mourning for Grandpa.

The fact that they didn`t makes this significant as a political act.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why am I surprised by this latest action of Jim Boob and Michelle? I've been keeping up with various posts about this subject, but I honestly thought for once the Duggars were going to prove us all wrong and keep this private. Boy was I wrong!

I realize everyone has a different way to grieve, but this is disgusting. I see no "pro-life" message in this [and I am pro-life, by the way]. I simply see another chance to prolong their show and thereby put more $ in their pockets.

If TLC is on the same page with the Duggars, then I will no longer watch this show and I will boycott the station entirely.

I actually think this is a really interesting tradition, though times and tastes have changed.

My beef with the Duggars in this regard is, well, if this instance with the miscarriage is NOT purely a pro-life propaganda stunt, then what`s good for the goose is good for the gander, and they should`ve then had similar photos during the other time of public family mourning for Grandpa.

And what about Caleb? Not mentioned in the obit and not memorialized, like JS.

I actually own a victorian post mortem shot. I didn't realize it until my brother looked at it, looked at me and said "uh hon, do you know what this is? " I said "Um? a picture of a baby sleeping? "... No. Baby isn't sleeping. Baby's not being held by anyone, and is on like this pedestal thing. I don't tell many people I have it because people get weirded out by it.

I find the victorian ones creepy but interesting, the modern ones? disturbing. I think its because most of the modern ones are babies born still and well, gone, and the victorian ones, well, had any of them survived, they would be dead now anyways, so I have that level of detachment.

Oh my goddess! How could they...

First, I have never heard of a funeral after a miscarriage before this. Especially one that big, it seems strange to me. i don't mean to offend anyone here who suffered a miscarriage and held a memorial service or funeral, it just is not the way things are done where i live. This funeral just seems like a spectacle and disrespectful.

I understand everyone mourns differently, but I don't understand parents who would put their children through that. It looked like some of the boys performed at the service. I lost several friends, cousins and school mates as a child and at the funerals no one ever asked the siblings to perform at the services as they were too upset. The parents of the deceased would never have asked the children to perform on cue like that. They were too aware of their own children's needs and had their best interests at heart. Children aren't monkeys who should be able to dance at the will of their parents.

I don't undertand the group shot at a funeral. Seriously. That isn't a happy family moment you want to remember and celebrate later. The smiles are creepy.

I have no doubt that this will be the main feature of a very special episode when they start up again. Excuse, I feel the need to vomit.

OMG. When TMZ censors photos, you know something is wrong.

And the smiling, the creepy, creepy smiling. I have no words.

Are the little ones going to have nightmares or lasting issues from seeing their dead baby sister?

As we say up here: "Tabarnac de fous! Oh mon Dieu!"

Tabernac de fous, indeed!

This is just beyond despicable. Apparently the 11th commandment in Duggarworld is "thou shalt pimp out thy dead fetus for television."

So when I was going through my grandmother's thigns after she died, I ran across a VERY faded picture of a little girl in a casket. Apparently, it was my great-great aunt's little girl who died of leukemia in the early 50's. It was seriously creepy.

We also had my grandmother's (same one as above) funeral video taped. Her sister had just had open heart surgery and couldn't come to the funeral. We did it so that she could have some closure. It was her grandson's idea who is in the funeral business. He said that it's more common than you think. The video camera was up in the balcony so no one ever saw it.

But they have seriously whored out their "blessing" or "flower" or whatever they call their offspring. So much for the sanctity of life. All bets go out the window or when you die (or in Grandpa Duggar's case close to it...) Ugh.

HMMM....does someone at TMZ regularly follow Free Jinger?

Well, they did also get the gun photos from here.. allegedly...

From TMZ:

The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

Okay...

1. We're a FAN site?

2. They don't belong to a church. Actually, don't they call themselves a church for a tax break. They home-church, I'm sure they scouted out the biggest church in the area for their "intimate public service".

3. Famy probably is being black-listed by TLC producers as we speak.

The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

WE ARE NOT A FAN SITE!!! :naughty: Hey TMZ, get it right!

At least the pictures of the fetus are in B+W. (I can't tell what's in that heart hands picture, I hope it's not the fetus, but it probably is.)

I find the picture taken of the kids from behind Michelle sitting in the front row to be strange. But then again, I've only ever been to 1 non-Jewish funeral, and I'm not used to multiple or drawn out eulogies or photography.

3. Famy probably is being black-listed by TLC producers as we speak.

OMG can you imagine the phone calls going on right now? Someone check and see if the pics are still on FB???

HMMM....does someone at TMZ regularly follow Free Jinger?

lmao, I LOVE that they got the tip from my post :dance: although yes, please...this is not a fan site. Also, she posted it to Facebook not Twitter. Get it right TMZ!

OMG can you imagine the phone calls going on right now? Someone check and see if the pics are still on FB???

Nope. The pictures of Jubilee and the smiling family photo are now mysteriously gone. I'm guessing Sean is PISSED at Amy right now.

Famy took them down!! Ha, that was fast.

ETA: She took them down from her FB but luckily the link still works here.

Might want to back them up and upload them to another server.

Might want to back them up and upload them to another server.

Eh, I'm sure someone else already has. I'm too lazy to bother. I already saw it, that's enough for me.

But yeah, their damage control works fast apparently!

Delurking here...

Josh posted a photo of the burial on his Instagram: http://instagr.am/p/ZIl0S/

Another famewhore at work. JB has a "sit the fuck down now" look on his face.

Does that hole look deep enough? The whole thing is off. So there will be a headstone without a dob?

Archived