IGNORED

Famy has memorial service pictures up *spoilers*

tkr322

Wow. I had always heard that babies were basically "preserved" in utero.....apparently that is not the case? I've not seen many pics of stillborn children but the ones I have seen looked just fine (I guess that had only been deceased for a few days though).

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Besides their ability to fame-whore, I suspect that JB and J'Uterus saw this as a golden opportunity to show how baby-like a fetus is."

Except it isn't like that because of a nasty little thing called fetal maceration. The photos look like they're taken by 'nowilaymedowntosleep' a charitable organisation that gives grieving people images of their dead babies. They usually retouch them, apparently.

After several days dead in utero, it won't have looked pretty and will have been extremely traumatic for the children to see.

That's what I thought, as well -- I assumed the first pic was just a commercially-available one they used, until the one that says it is Michelle holding Jubilee's hand was posted.

The photos being retouched does explain it somewhat, though. I'm sure it's no coincidence that they are black and white, as well.

I just meant that "it's already a baby" is the message that they want to convey.

Can you post a LINK? It's not on her FAN page ....

Snarklover posted the link over on Chatter

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5875 the links to FB are there. But looks like Famy removed them, I'll bet J'boob blew a gasket.

I wonder if the pics are only hands/feet because the baby wasn't, um, whole when it was born. With such a teeny fetus it would be extremely fragile.

I . . . just . . . I mean I'm one of the most cynical people I know. And even I didn't think they'd stoop that low. Good Lord.

Me, too. :shock:

They're still on Famy's personal FB page. I'm not a "fan" of her's :lol: so I wouldn't know if they're on there. And no, she hasn't deleted them or taken them down from her personal page, I just checked.

Wow, that's insane! I really, really hope Famy got her ass handed to her for posting those publicly, though the giant service on its own is still very odd given their calls for privacy.

If M made the girls assist with the miscarriage . . . that's disturbing. I wonder how much they'll put on the show? I can see something like that turning off some of the viewers that otherwise don't mind them.

It appears the shoebox IS the casket and yes it also appears open :?

They say this baby is so precious.....Why didn't Boob or one of the boys make her a little casket? They could have at least gone to the holy Hobby Lobby and purchased a little wooden box to line and decorate.

How traumitizing will it be for the younger kids to remember burying their "baby sister" in a shoe box?

And a pox on Amy for posting these pictures!

They're still on Famy's personal FB page. I'm not a "fan" of her's :lol: so I wouldn't know if they're on there. And no, she hasn't deleted them or taken them down from her personal page, I just checked.

Can you please post a link? My searching skills are not so great today.

Guest Anonymous

My friend had a memorial service for her son who was stillborn at 24 weeks. They had posed for pictures with him, so I don't find the pictures with the fetus that creepy. I find the group shots a little more unsettling, personally.

I totally believe the pictures are real, they look about right to me. And I think she probably was 6 inches crown to rump, not 6 cm. That must've been an error. I've seen a lot of NILMDTS pictures, I have 3 photographer acquaintances that participate in it. Likely her skin was clear and purple, but otherwise yeah. The pictures don't bother me at all.

However, famewhoring the memorial and SMILING in the pictures? :angry-banghead:

Okay, maybe, but there was nine days between fetal death and delivery. Now I still don't understand how they *know* that fetal demise occurred on December 2nd. Maybe I'm missing something.

Okay, maybe, but there was nine days between fetal death and delivery. Now I still don't understand how they *know* that fetal demise occurred on December 2nd. Maybe I'm missing something.

They don't. I think they're making an uneducated guess on that.

I really don't think the shoebox is the casket. If you look behind the two littlest girls in the front (sorry, I don't know one Duggar from another), there is a black box with white lining in the lid - it almost looks like a laptop but I think that must be the casket. One of the little girls appears to be looking into it (:::shudder:::). As someone else said upthread, the shoebox on the pedestal is probably for cards.

ETA: I am horrified by this whole thing, but other people have already expressed that better than I can.

Archived