IGNORED

Famy has memorial service pictures up *spoilers*

tkr322

I recently did a historical display re: mourning photography and reviewed a couple hundred post-mortem photos, so the idea of it doesn't bother me at all - but the pomp & circumstance of this Dugger version bugs the heck out of me! The tasteful thing to have done would be just one photo of the little casket (closed, please!) & the flowers - no grinning family crowded around. After all, the day is supposed to be about Jubilee, right? As for the little feet photo, it might be a stock one. I think I've seen it (or one very similar) before.

And, I thought they "home-churched" so that JB could be the headship/preacher, per ATI rules? If you do that, then have the service there too. (Unless the megachurch pastor offered to host the service - that's a different story.)

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shock: it doesn't look like they're morning, it looks like they're basking in all the attention.

Mac and Joise are having none of it though :lol:

I recently did a historical display re: mourning photography and reviewed a couple hundred post-mortem photos, so the idea of it doesn't bother me at all - but the pomp & circumstance of this Dugger version bugs the heck out of me! The tasteful thing to have done would be just one photo of the little casket (closed, please!) & the flowers - no grinning family crowded around. After all, the day is supposed to be about Jubilee, right? As for the little feet photo, it might be a stock one. I think I've seen it (or one very similar) before.

And, I thought they "home-churched" so that JB could be the headship/preacher, per ATI rules? If you do that, then have the service there too. (Unless the megachurch pastor offered to host the service - that's a different story.)

Look at the ones I posted further down the page, they specifically say that it is Michelle's hands and Jubilee's hand.

This is just sick! These people are doing everything they can to capitalize on their child's passing. Privacy my ass! They had the photo of the feet displayed up on the big screen at the front of the church. They are smiling for a posed family photo next to the casket, which appears to be open. Yeah that won't be traumatizing at all for the smaller kids. And to top it off, Amy posts the pics on her Facebook? It seems she is also using this loss to get publicity. They are all attention-whores. Forgive the yelling but:

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-screaming:

Shit, man. I will be attending the latest of the multiple funerals I have attended this year next week and I cannot get past it. Could NOT attend Jubilee's one even as the most passive J'slave ever. What were they thinking?

And dear God let that not be an open casket.

Well, that's further proof that the "smile for the camera" training is strong enough to be instant (and regardless of how anyone really feels).

What the fuck is wrong with these people, I mean seriously. The kids aren't even allowed to look sad a funeral for pete sake, all of them smiling in the posed family portrait is just so backwatds and creepy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used the family photo smiling with dead J20 as the new intro kids for 19 Kids an Angel and Counting. (Caleb doesn't count)

It's kind of (ie very) weird how they are all grinning like maniacs.

I don't understand how asking for privacy correlates with a lot of interviews and pictures of the memorial service. It's not even as if they had a separate one and this one is for TV, which I wouldn't think would be good either, but a little better.

You know that they are going to have a very special episode about this. If they are going to pose with a casket, they should at least not smile. Good grief.

Based on the photos, no way that fetus is 6 CM - prob more like 6 INCHES. Guess the SOTDRT struck again...

Agree. And I very honestly do not believe that is Jubilee's hand or feet.

I've been lurking here for ages, but this thread actually got me motivated enough to register. These people are FUCKED UP. I just can't believe... any of this. I'm pretty much done feeling bad for them because of the miscarriage, since they seem to be whoring it out in every possible way they can. This is just horrible.

What the fuck is wrong with these people, I mean seriously. The kids aren't even allowed to look sad a funeral for pete sake, all of them smiling in the posed family portrait is just so backwatds and creepy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used the family photo smiling with dead J20 as the new intro kids for 19 Kids an Angel and Counting. (Caleb doesn't count)

I totally thought this, too. What's sad is, I'm sure we're both right.

Who the heck takes pictures at a funeral? This could be cultural, but it would never have happened at any of the ones I've been to.

I'm kind of torn on the pictures. They're beautifully taken and I can see how a person suffering a miscarriage at that stage would be comforted by such images. But the cutesy captions slathered all over them make me want to vomit. It makes them look like pro-life billboards.

As we say up here: "Tabarnac de fous! Oh mon Dieu!"

Smiling in the 1st pic, I mean WTF?? Love the shoebox casket, which was probably a craft project that some of the younglings did.

I love Mackynzie's face (is that her that Josh is holding?) she's like "WTF am I doing here with those crazies??".

The 2nd pic is fine.

Let that poor baby rest in peace. They are exploiting him/her with those photos. I cannot believe this. Fucking fame whores, this makes me so sick. I can't believe it. I just can't. I know that everyone grieves in their own way, but not a single one of them looks like they have any feelings in that photo. I mean, they really didn't "know" the baby, but they are making such a huge deal about their "loss." They are contradicting themselves.

Michelle is wearing blue with JimBoob wearing a matching blue shirt. what is it with couples having to wear matching colors?

I don't see Jill, maybe she is the blurry one behind the others and it is Joyanna wearing white not Jill.

Honestly, I think I am most annoyed with Famy. She is whoring herself out on FB with status updates like "Give us peace Lord, which passes all understanding. RIP Jubilee Shalom Duggar" and people are writing condolences on her wall. Uh...it's her fetus cousin, I don't really get how she could be upset at all over this. I am completely dumbfounded that she would be such an AW. Then again, it is Famy.

I just keep relating this back to my miscarriage. I didn't want anyone but very close family to know and honestly, didn't want any attention over it. I wanted my husband and I to grieve alone.

I am in just complete shock that anyone would whore themselves out this much. This honestly shows their true colors.

Seconded. When I lost my twins at 21 weeks I didn't want to see anyone exept a few people. My husband and kids, my parents, my aunt (she came to help out around the house for a few days). We did not have a memorial at all. I knew I would break down in front of everyone and I did not want that. We wanted to grieve privately and we did. We had them cremated and brought them home and that was it. We have a few pics that only a few close relatives have seen. I can't imagine ever displaying them the way the Duggars have. I am very sorry for your loss tkr322.

But the cutesy captions slathered all over them make me want to vomit. It makes them look like pro-life billboards.

I suspect that's just what they are.

Besides their ability to fame-whore, I suspect that JB and J'Uterus saw this as a golden opportunity to show how baby-like a fetus is.

Agree. And I very honestly do not believe that is Jubilee's hand or feet.

I think before the baby is born, the measurements are CRL - crown to rump length. IF they posted her CRL as 6 cm, there could be another 4-5 cm's for legs, I which case I think her feet and hands could be considere proportionate, as they look to be about 1-1.5 CM's - they're pretty tiny. I don't for a second put it beyond the Duggars to exploit a dead child. Why wouldn't they take pictures of the actual fetus? It supports their whole "life begins at conception" schtick.

I would really like someone to try and prove to me now that Michelle and JimBob care about their children. This is sick.

To be honest, in the first picture JB doesn't look all that happy. In fact he looks like the least happy among those old enough to understand what is going on. I have a feeling this whole thing was J'chelle's idea, she looks positively glowing. :puke:

Michelle is wearing blue with JimBoob wearing a matching blue shirt. what is it with couples having to wear matching colors?

I don't see Jill, maybe she is the blurry one behind the others and it is Joyanna wearing white not Jill.

You're right, it is Joy. She looked like Jill! Jill is over by Grandma Duggar.

"Besides their ability to fame-whore, I suspect that JB and J'Uterus saw this as a golden opportunity to show how baby-like a fetus is."

Except it isn't like that because of a nasty little thing called fetal maceration. The photos look like they're taken by 'nowilaymedowntosleep' a charitable organisation that gives grieving people images of their dead babies. They usually retouch them, apparently.

After several days dead in utero, it won't have looked pretty and will have been extremely traumatic for the children to see.

Wish I didn't know just how un-pretty it's likely to have looked from personal experience - not my own child, a friend's, that she insisted on showing everyone . . .

Those poor children . . .

You're right, it is Joy. She looked like Jill! Jill is over by Grandma Duggar.

In fact, Joy is the only one who really looks utterly miserable, she looks like she's crying. Poor girl.

Archived