IGNORED

William & Kate 3

samurai_sarah

So The Lionesses lost.

That’s totally William‘s fault because he didn‘t show up for the game! No, it‘s Kate’s fault! She didn‘t let him go because she‘s jealous of Letizia!!!11!1!!

Congrats to the Spanish team btw 😎

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Haha 9

17 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

So The Lionesses lost.

That’s totally William‘s fault because he didn‘t show up for the game! No, it‘s Kate’s fault! She didn‘t let him go because she‘s jealous of Letizia!!!11!1!!

Congrats to the Spanish team btw 😎

Oh you know absolutely all this and even dumber more nonsensical things will be declared:) 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Nobody sensible is going to claim the Lionesses lost because William didn’t show up. However, this should be a warning to William because I’ve seen a lot of different websites criticize him, even ones that are usually pro-Wales. (Also, Leti of Spain made him look like an absolute fool. She was so enthusiastic and hugging everyone. A great look for Spain.)

I think the average person who doesn’t follow them so closely is beginning to realize just how little William and Kate do and how much they receive for it. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

If he had gone, he would have been criticized for using taxpayers‘ money and his carbon footprint. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I’m not actually sure he would have been criticized any worse than he is now, and at least he would be working and doing his job. This is the first time in 60 years I think since England made the finals. Their president should have been there. 

If William doesn’t want to be criticized for his carbon footprint, then maybe he shouldn’t take a private helicopter to Anmer so often so that when he does need to travel for work related reasons, he’s not criticized for it. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

He can’t win. Criticized because he stayed but people would throw a fit if he went. 

People would throw a fit if the Present of the FA went to a finals match? Who are those people?

He's flying to Singapore for Earthshot. He flew to Boston for the same reason. He flew celebs  into Boston as well. 

He could easily have flown commercial if he was concerned about his environmental reputations--royals have done that for decades. But I don't think he's that concerned about looking like an environment hypocrite, as he flies in a private helicopter all over England. 

Commercial flights are traveling to Australia either way, whether or not the POW is on one. Sothe environmental impact would be minimal.

People will only take so much hypocrisy and laziness until they get fed up.

He's taking a bigger blow for this than I think he expected. Particularly with the Spanish monarch making the trip, and even dancing in celebration with the players. THAT's how a monarch gets the support of their people.

I guess the Palace really DOES hire bots to promote their chosen narrative. I actually found that hard to believe till I saw this.

bots.png.e3304ee70455f40326ee8239494232ec.png

It's really rather sloppily done. They should change the words around a bit, to make it more believable. Surely, Ian, Shane and Essie Mac wouldn't all say the identical thing!

Naturally, this latest excuse is nonsense. Princess Anne has already been to New Zealand and Canada this year.

It's also a lie because Australia has invited Charles to visit, they did so almost immediately after the Queen died. 

I wonder why the Palace lies about things that are so easy to check and disprove.

"Winning UX" is a bot company. They are putting out the false message about the UK constitution. The same message "Essie Mae" allegedly created herself, along with Ian and Shane.

I wonder who is paying them to do so?

winningux.png.a30d42df7a4bf0e33ae7504075dd6434.png

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2023 at 7:42 AM, viii said:

Their president should have been there. 

Did something happen in the news overnight and I missed it?!  😉

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Did something happen in the news overnight and I missed it?!  😉

William is president of the English Football Association.

He met with the team before they left for Australia and told them that he wouldn't be able to go to the final if they made it that far.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, VGL said:

William is president of the English Football Association.

He met with the team before they left for Australia and told them that he wouldn't be able to go to the final if they made it that far.

That makes it ok?

Did he say why he wasn’t going? I think the FA may be looking for a mew president. 

If he’s going to use the carbon footprint excuse, I expect to see him retire his private helicopter. And fly commercial henceforth

It’s his job and he skipped out. He’s lost a lot of public respect. The Queen of Spain made him look particularly bad, in contrast.

I find it interesting that they are now proven to use bots to promote a narrative. There’s solid proof of it. Republic advocates must be overjoyed as they can use this forever!

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

I’m fond of W&C and even I think they could’ve arranged something on a commercial flight. 

On 8/20/2023 at 9:16 AM, viii said:

I think the average person who doesn’t follow them so closely is beginning to realize just how little William and Kate do and how much they receive for it. 

Anyplace I can get this info? As a near-age-twin of the Hardest Working (Princess) Royal, I’d love to compare & contrast her diary with those of the whippersnappers Kate & Wills. ;) 

12 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I’m fond of W&C and even I think they could’ve arranged something on a commercial flight. 

Anyplace I can get this info? As a near-age-twin of the Hardest Working (Princess) Royal, I’d love to compare & contrast her diary with those of the whippersnappers Kate & Wills. ;) 

Isn't' there a Court Circular or something that lists all their engagements?

11 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Will and Kate really flubbed this one. 

I'm sure it seemed much more attractive to continue to enjoy the summer at Amner Hall. I can't blame him for wanting to stay home. 

But most of us would have complained and then gotten on the plane.  William, though, has been given nearly everything he wanted since birth. Getting what you want becomes a habit.

His royal ancestors' occasionally laziness and hypocrisy generally went undiscovered by the public. Even if it was discovered, nothing terrible happened--maybe the newspapers complained for a few days and then life went on.

But they didn't live in the age of the internet. The internet allows us to easily see how much William has worked this summer. It allows us to read about his private helicopter flights. It enables us to hear from the Earthshot prize winners who weren't flown to Boston, and the celebrities who were. It allows us to see the queen of Spain dancing with her victorious team and read people's comments on Wills' behavior.. It allows us to poke holes in the sorry excuses that he made.

Basically, it's harder for the royals to be lazy and skip out on work.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Will and Kate really flubbed this one. 

I would say just William. Catherine isn’t the president of the FA, William is. He could have gone alone on a commercial flight. I don’t disagree with the criticism that if it was the men’s team in the final, he would have found a way to be there. 

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

At the end of a year someone (not sure who they are and what sources they use) usually counts royal engagements, compares them and lets us all know who the most hard-working royals (usually Anne) are. Last year some of the numbers didn‘t add up with what could be seen just counting public appearances from social media accounts. Another discussion of what could be counted as work (e.g. jubilee celebrations) followed. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Charles can't visit one of the realms unless they invite him.    I don't know if that rule extends to William now that he is Prince of Wales.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VGL said:

Charles can't visit one of the realms unless they invite him.    I don't know if that rule extends to William now that he is Prince of Wales.

I'm sure he could have been invited in his capacity as President of the Football Association if he'd wanted to go.

He could have offset the carbon emitted by the flight.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VGL said:

Australia invited him shortly after he became king. Plus, Anne visited Australia earlier this year. That excuse holds zero water. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, VGL said:

Australia extended an invitation right after the Queen died.

Besides, William wouldn't have been going in official capacity, he'd be going as head of the FA.

8 hours ago, viii said:

Australia invited him shortly after he became king. Plus, Anne visited Australia earlier this year. That excuse holds zero water. 

Interesting. 
A YouTuber (no idea who)  explained [sic] that no royal can visit a commonwealth country until the king has done. For a grand state visit, sure, but to support the Lionesses? Why ever not. 

Well, that’s clearly not a tradition they adhere to, because Anne visited Australia and New Zealand earlier this year and Charles has yet to visit since becoming king. 

• Upvote 2

William and Kate always have some of the smallest engagement numbers among the royals. Even the Queen in her 90s did more. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

William and Kate always have some of the smallest engagement numbers among the royals. Even the Queen in her 90s did more. 

It’s embarrassing that William’s 70 year old aunt works harder than he does. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic