IGNORED

William & Kate 3

samurai_sarah

On 10/26/2023 at 4:57 PM, tabitha2 said:

Best then just put the person always responding on ignore and be done with it. 

I don't put her on ignore, but also don't respond to her writing. I find her amusing and as a 40 year old single childfree cat dog lady. Fundies like Lori tell us that my lifestyle is bleak and joyless, so I take my rare amusement wherever I can get it 😉

Edited by klein_roeschen
  • Haha 13

• 2 weeks later...

People Magazine reports that Kate did not join William in Singapore because of George's exams.

They must think the public will believe anything.

I am pretty sure that if William called the school and asked for George to test on a different day, they'd accommodate him. They don't want to lose the three Wales children!

If it's the 11+, then the exam is given between November and January (for independent schools). There are several opportunities to sit that exam. It's not like this one week in November is the only time, there are alternate exam dates.

It really doesn't matter anyway. If he and his parents want him to go to Eton, he'll get in. Same with other public schools. 

After helping George prep for exams yesterday, Kate donned the Dragoon Guard military attire. She is Colonel-in-Chief of the 1st the Queen’s Dragoon Guards.

2camo.png.ccb125ee1382904cf0edb96fc728f0be.png

She looks so stupid in military gear. The BRF obsession with dressing up as military without serving is so weird to me. I’m surprised more people don’t care, considering how exclusive the military tries to be. 

• I Agree 3

Prince Louis uses a feelings wheel at school and Kate had the Shaping Up Symposium. 

https://people.com/kate-middleton-reveals-prince-louis-uses-feelings-wheel-school-shaping-us-symposium-8402118

Kate said, “This is not just about the youngest children in our society, who are, by their very nature, vulnerable. It is also about the many young people and adults who are suffering. We must do more than simply meet the short-term needs of these individuals. We must also look at creating long-term, preventative change. And that takes us right back to the beginning.”

• Thank You 1

Good for Louis and his classmates. That won’t work with my teenagers but I am trying to find ways to focus on emotional education a bit more when I return to work pretty soon.

• Upvote 2

Kate's Early Childhood Centre spent $0 on grants last year.  It did spend 1.8 million pounds to "raise awareness", though (ie, transport Kate around to give speeches).

Edited by Jackie3

18 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Kate's Early Childhood Centre spent $0 on grants last year.  It did spend 1.8 million pounds to "raise awareness", though (ie, transport Kate around to give speeches).

Source?

Edited by KnittingOwl
Remove extra quote
  • Upvote 2

On 11/18/2023 at 8:44 AM, KnittingOwl said:

Source?

The Centre for Early Childhood's accounts are included in the Royal Foundation's accounts, which can be downloaded from here.

image.png.9c93f6aba2189bf7514cb6e6cbe6bfee.png

the £1.8m of costs mentioned in the extract above include the following:

image.thumb.png.a5eab9248ed1b055af02913182e594e9.png

Direct costs will be things that are costs of the specific work of the Centre for Early Childhood, rather than their share of shared costs like office rent. For example, any costs incurred in 2022 for the planning for the symposium that happened this year will be accounted for in 2022 if they're irrecoverable if something had happened which meant the symposium didn't go ahead. Any people who are employed specifically by the Centre will be classed as direct costs. The costs of the research will be a direct cost, and so on.

Travel isn't split out specifically (it's not a requirement to do so in accounts) and I'm not sure how the Princess of Wales' travel is covered if she's travelling for something to do with the foundation. If it's classed as an official engagement, then costs would be covered in the usual way by either the Duchy of Cornwall or the Sovereign grant (I think it's the Duchy of Cornwall).

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

So Early Years is more of an educational campaign than a grant funding activity.  Those can be worthy too.  Everything isn't about funding grants.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

On 11/20/2023 at 9:42 AM, Coconut Flan said:

So Early Years is more of an educational campaign than a grant funding activity.  Those can be worthy too.  Everything isn't about funding grants.  

Early Years made grants in 2021, so it is a grant funding group. (about 20,000 pounds, IIRC)

What is the Early Years teaching us (other than "the early years are important"?)

When the Prince of Wales incurs travel expenses when promoting his charities, his office submits the receipts to the charity for reimbursement. I image Kate does the same. So it is the Foundation which pays for the travel.

I think this is why William didn't make the Time's list of climate leaders:

'Prince' William Windsor, autumn 2023:

• private jet to France to watch rugby
  • private jet to Scotland for a 4-hour visit
  • private helicopter to Milton Keynes (under an hour by car)
  • private helicopter to Wales for a 3-hour visit

The President of Barbados made Time's list, though.

Edited by Jackie3

Kate's outfit lacks dignity and class imo.  The South Korean First Lady looks so much more appropriate.

katesoutfit.png.7704ed53015a525a39b683ae3e186500.png

Edited by Jackie3

8 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

https://www.newsweek.com/kate-middleton-dress-sparks-meghan-markle-double-standard-debate-social-media-1846051

Media is reporting on the internet rumblings comparing how Kate was received for wearing a short dress vs how Meghann would have been received. 

Interesting. I don’t remember the articles about her dress being too short, but this very well may have been a topic.  I went and looked her outfit up at the Hamilton show because that was the one incident quoted (if I did read correctly) and it was absolutely fine.
In my opinion the only time she really wore something too short was when she was pregnant and sat on a panel in a b/w dress and it really felt as if you could see her pants any second. 
I think we all agree that M got a lot of overblown criticism. But it’s not exactly fair to compare it to comments about Kate for two reasons. Kate has already worked through the phase where she was “breaking royal protocol”, dressing too risky, “embarrassing herself and the UK” and so on. She has some rather embarrassing and unfortunate fashion mishaps in her first years and got a lot of criticism for it. If you compare those articles to the ones about M it’s basically a tie. It’s not exactly the double standard but more that they are on different timelines. But M also was always set to receive more criticism as Kate. Just like Fergie got more than Diana. Who comes first wins. Easy as that. 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

But M also was always set to receive more criticism as Kate. Just like Fergie got more than Diana. Who comes first wins. Easy as that. 

Diana came first, but Sophie didn't get a massive hate campaign.

Anne re-married a year after Diana, and her new husband did not receive a massive hate campaign.

QE2 married first, but there wasn't a lot of hate against Princess M's spouse, Antony Armstrong-Jones.

Edited by Jackie3

I don’t think there was anything wrong with Meghan’s dress at the Hamilton show.  She looks fine. I haven’t really seen any articles critiquing her for too short skirts (Lord knows they both have the legs for them - lucky ladies), although I guess if I look hard enough I may find one.  The truth is, I recall most fashion magazines fawning over Megan’s fashion choices while she was part of the BRF.  She was seen as modernizing the monarchy and Kate was seen as a bit dowdy in comparison (which was fair, I feel Kate has upped her game recently, but she was a bit boring, fashion wise). There were a few times where Meghan did get some criticism for wearing inappropriate for the occasion clothing (the £99,000 Dior outfit was a bit much in Morocco, and she did look sloppy going to the mosque in South Africa), but for the most part, press was really positive about Meghan. 
I think the cape probably saved Kate’s outfit this past week though.  Her red dress was only noticeably short when she was getting out of the car. The cape made it look more formal. 

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

But M also was always set to receive more criticism as Kate. Just like Fergie got more than Diana. Who comes first wins. Easy as that. 

It could also be whoever marries the heir gets less criticism. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, treehugger said:

I think the cape probably saved Kate’s outfit this past week though.  Her red dress was only noticeably short when she was getting out of the car. The cape made it look more formal. 

I think the cape made her look like Red Riding Hood.

The Korean First Lady is understated elegance. Kate's outfit is flashy and way too bright. 

It's not the first time she chose brassy instead of elegant. 

swedendress.thumb.png.0818331e461a9b4003d043b98c0cd4fd.png

Oh my, both Kate and Megan have legs, who could have thought that. I don't really like all the talk about their dresses being to short, to tight, to whatever. The hemlines of skirts got in the last 100 years shorter or longer, depending on the actual style. My greater pet peave here is that both women are expected to wear heeled shoes not suitable for the cold and wet november weather and also not really suitable to walk and stand in for longer times. And wear some thin pantyhose to that while the guys wear long pants and closed shoes that would hide some long johns and warm socks.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Having been a Royal fan and follower for a long time I can tell you some of these ladies must have atrocious feet because flats, loafers, Etc  are almost always  for outdoor events and they do walk on cement roads to cobbled streets as way of life. And they start pretty young in kitten heels. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Having been a Royal fan and follower for a long time I can tell you some of these ladies must have atrocious feet because flats, loafers, Etc  are almost always  for outdoor events and they do walk on cement roads to cobbled streets as way of life. And they start pretty young in kitten heels. 

They should wear flats, then, or other comfortable shoes.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic