IGNORED

William & Kate 3

samurai_sarah

On 11/24/2023 at 4:32 PM, tabitha2 said:

Having been a Royal fan and follower for a long time I can tell you some of these ladies must have atrocious feet because flats, loafers, Etc  are almost always  for outdoor events and they do walk on cement roads to cobbled streets as way of life. And they start pretty young in kitten heels. 

That is one part of Royal life I wouldn’t want, I hate heels. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

45 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

That is one part of Royal life I wouldn’t want, I hate heels. 

You're the Queen! Just wear flats. You won't lose your job.

• Upvote 2

On 11/24/2023 at 9:06 PM, klein_roeschen said:

Oh my, both Kate and Megan have legs, who could have thought that. I don't really like all the talk about their dresses being to short, to tight, to whatever. The hemlines of skirts got in the last 100 years shorter or longer, depending on the actual style. My greater pet peave here is that both women are expected to wear heeled shoes not suitable for the cold and wet november weather and also not really suitable to walk and stand in for longer times. And wear some thin pantyhose to that while the guys wear long pants and closed shoes that would hide some long johns and warm socks.

On the other hand, the men have to look comfortable in hot weather without breaking a sweat when the ladies wear short skirts and arm/no arms. 
Also, many British gals wear way less layers than I do. Not sure if it’s being used to the temperatures or in fact the genes. My little half-blood is the same, despite being brought up in the same temperature as me. Fully favouring her British heritage indeed.

Also, nylon tights are surprisingly warm. I don’t think Kate is struggling too much with her clothes in the weather. She has multiple long skirts that she can wear with insulting long layers  

Same for her feet. Yes she has a lot of practice with heels but we see her mostly in wedges or flats in private. I think her feet health is fine (no bunions) and a comfortable heel makes all the difference. I found the perfect shoe once- nice 8cm heel, great quality. You can wear it all day and night. 
Kate is also tall and has probably proportional feet. If your foot is bigger you can get away with a higher heel. My feet are tiny, more than 8cm make me feel like a ballerina.

• Upvote 2

Kate has been named as the royalist that made remarks on the colour of Archie's skin while Meghan was pregnant. 

There goes any chance of a reconciliation between William and Harry. 😬 

31 minutes ago, viii said:

Kate has been named as the royalist that made remarks on the colour of Archie's skin while Meghan was pregnant. 

Haha, I saw an article yesterday that said it was Charles FOR SURE.

(Why Reddit thought I gave a shit is a different discussion and their algorithm is weird AF)

• Upvote 5

The book had it as Charles.  The Sussex Squad was heavily pushing for Kate or William.  Then there is the potential second "racist" who was touted as a household member.  

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, viii said:

Her and Charles.  According to the Dutch translation of Scobie's book that Scobie has know idea how those names got in there.  🤨

Apparently Meghan named Charles in the letter to Charles and then also said that Kate participated in conversations. 

From Twitter:

"Even after Meghan and Charles by letter discussed about probably unconscious bias within the family, after it was revealed that the King and the Princess of Wales took part in such conversations about Archie, Kate has avoided the subject with her sister-in-law."  according to https://twitter.com/RickEversRoyal

All of this is just vague enough to get people angry and confused.  Also, Harry himself said he wondered what their children would look like.  Could Harry have had this conversation/s with his father and sister in law?!  Of course, Harry and Meghan didn't get the story straight before they started telling it.  First, it was while Meghan was actually pregnant.  Then, it was when they were dating.  Then, it was just one senior royal. Now, it is two senior royals. 

So when did this conversation between Charles and Kate take place? Was it after the Oprah interview? Did Kate deny that their could be some bias in the family (looking at you Princess Michael of Kent) or did she say 'you know maybe there is and we should learn more."  We don't know what was said other than that there was reportedly a conversation about a vague enough topic.  If it was after the Oprah interview, if I was Kate I wouldn't be talking to Meghan about anything. 

I'm sure there was a discussion but was it more along the lines of speculation like all everyone does when they are imagining a new baby - will it have red hair and blue eyes or dark hair and brown eyes?

• Upvote 6

I'm wondering why this matters so much. They wear stolen jewels. They visit their "colonies" and are carried on the shoulders of nonwhite people. Their senior staff is 100% white. 

I think that says enough.

It's impossible to ever tell whether the Sussex's definitely lied or definitely told the truth. Why not look at facts that CAN be verified?

Edited by Jackie3

I don't doubt that conversations were had. I think it's likely that Harry didn't think much of the conversations, because it's probably something he wondered himself. It wasn't until he told Meghan the conversation that she grew upset. She's dealt with a lot of microaggressions, and was probably more sensitive to remarks considering her deteriorating  relationship with Kate. 

Either way, it's not my place to tell Meghan she shouldn't have been upset. The BRF has a long history of racism before Meghan and during Meghan. I'm not surprised she took offense, even if none was intended. 

• Upvote 6

I think Meghan probably had to explain it to Harry. "They're worried about a dark-skinned baby with Afro-textured hair on the balcony. They're worried about how that would look, optics-wise." 

Which is probably the case. It's very different from most family's conversations about a future baby.

• Upvote 1

I have to say it again.  First can anyone trust anything Scobie Do says or writes?  Second discussions about what the baby will look like are probably as old as pregnancy itself.  I'm mixed race and I assure you people will ask and discuss.  Mostly it's curiosity.  Sometimes it's ignorance of genetics.  So far I really haven't experienced malice.  I'm also sure some people have experienced malice and racsim over their prospective children.  There is a reason I live where I do instead of where I grew up.  I could have been offended, perhaps, when daughter's MIL's first comment about a grandchild was a wailed "but he doesn't have a Jewish nose."  Instead I laughed.  Prejudice comes in many forms..  

Also if you spend your life looking for offense, you will find it.   

• Upvote 11

9 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Also if you spend your life looking for offense, you will find it.   

You also have to remember that this is the family where a member wore a racist brooch to meet Meghan. So the history is there, and she was likely sensitive, plus pregnant. An overreaction isn't a surprise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

Just look at the things the royals do. Decide for yourself. You don't need to look to H&M's statements to decide about the royals' level of racism.

download-4.jpg.35b4fee02fa4b9a19dde9e77a245c523.jpg

Having a reaction based on the inexcusable probably taunting brooch is absolutely in line. That one deserved immediate call out.  Since they've varied so much on when and what on the other story, I'm much less inclined to give nearly as much grace.  It's past time to let that one go.  Including such a vague statement of Kate talking to Charles at this late date seems to be just trying to find a way to continue Meghan's and thus Scobie's vendetta against Kate.  The reference is too vague to be useful except as another attempt to make Kate look bad.  It doesn't even get to the lip gloss level which was silly to talk about.  

Why keep dragging out the vague stories when they could still be talking a major thing with the brooch or the blackamoor statues that used to be around residences? 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I still have no idea who said what (which seems to be exactly what H&M want) and Im pretty sure that Omid Scobie is about as informed as I am at this point. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 13

Someone on Reddit said that it didn't say Catherine, but Princess of Wales. That would have been Camilla at the time, so perhaps Kate isn't even involved? I haven't read any of the Dutch translations to verify which names were used. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, viii said:

Someone on Reddit said that it didn't say Catherine, but Princess of Wales. That would have been Camilla at the time, so perhaps Kate isn't even involved? I haven't read any of the Dutch translations to verify which names were used. 

Camilla never used the title but in my experience foreign royal correspondents confuse details a lot. German ones do it so much that it‘s too painful for me and I stick with English sources.

However, I don‘t get how any names or titles that haven‘t been part of the original English manuscript can end up in a translation at all. Translation mistakes happen but how do names or titles just get added?

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

However, I don‘t get how any names or titles that haven‘t been part of the original English manuscript can end up in a translation at all. Translation mistakes happen but how do names or titles just get added?

I'm guessing Obie used names in a first draft, and then though better of it (hello lawsuit!) and the publishing house sent the wrong draft to be translated. 

• Upvote 1

What I found said Princess of Wales so it fits with the original story I read, hm, years ago now that it was Charles and Camilla discussing what the future grandchild(ren) might look like over something like breakfast. That works if the title issue for a foreign source is true.  Since Kate has only been Princess of Wales for a bit over a year surely all issues of what the kids would look like had been resolved by then by photos if not by seeing the actual kids.  Very vague and nothing to prove racism or lack of it, but the implied context was normal curiosity.

• Upvote 5

Just now, viii said:

I'm guessing Obie used names in a first draft, and then though better of it (hello lawsuit!) and the publishing house sent the wrong draft to be translated. 

He denies that. Just covering his ass?

• Upvote 3

Scobie Do has lied about so many things including his age and what UK classifies his mother's race that this is something he thought he could gloss over?  It does seem a lot like a publicity stunt as that would be a huge error for a publisher to make it seems.  Surely they tag the versions so they know which one is the latest?  And wouldn't they send them out for translation at the same time?  

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Having a eaction based on the inexcusable probably taunting brooch is absolutely in line. That one deserved immediate call out.  Since they've varied so much on when and what on the other story, I'm much less inclined to give nearly as much grace.  It's past time to let that one go.  Including such a vague statement of Kate talking to Charles at this late date seems to be just trying to find a way to continue Meghan's and thus Scobie's vendetta against Kate.  The reference is too vague to be useful except as another attempt to make Kate look bad.  It doesn't even get to the lip gloss level which was silly to talk about.  

Why keep dragging out the vague stories when they could still be talking a major thing with the brooch or the blackamoor statues that used to be around residences? 

My thing about the brooch was that it was worn by Princess Michael of Kent - who has had many other reported incidences of racism and has said before that she thinks she is more royal than the rest of the royal family. I wouldn't assume the entire royal family is racist because of something Princess Michael did. I'm not any more informed than anyone else outside the family but the general impression I usually get of her is that she's that supercilious great aunt you are polite to at large family occasions and have little interaction with otherwise. 

Are the rest of them racist? I'd bet some are and some aren't. I haven't heard any confirmation either way from a source I'd really trust, personally, but then I haven't gone looking for it either.

I absolutely think that incidences of racism should be called out, like Princess Micheal wearing the brooch. But I think vague stories where it's not even clear which people are involved are just frankly idiotic. Somebody in the royal family at some vague time and occasion randomly wondering what Harry and Meghan's kids might look like isn't racist unless there's context showing it is. I'm sure many of them had the same discussion about Kate and William's kids. And before that Andrew and Sarah's kids. And before that Charles and Diana's kids. 

Probably mostly hoping the kids took after the more conventionally attractive member of the family, most likely. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

He denies that. Just covering his ass?

Obie is infamous for lying, so I wouldn't trust anything he says. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic