IGNORED

William & Kate 3

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Losing your hair is alarming.  The problem is writing a book making fun of your brother over something nobody has control over. it's hard to like Harry. At least nothing shocking happened at the coronation to add to the drama because surely at some level his family would want to communicate with him.

I'm not sure why the family would want to communicate with him but they might need to.  OTOH, don't they both have staff who can handle that?

• Upvote 4

Well...he did seem to at least have a sort of neutral distant love with Charles. Wouldn't you want a relationship with your son?  Was it Harry's book or elsewhere Charles was quoted asking the boys to not make his remaining uears a misery? If that was an accurate representation, seems like Charles wants some sort positive family dynamic.

William is so closed off. I guess we'll never really know anything any more. William seems like the queen-no comment, no reaction.  Where's the snark in that!

• I Agree 2

9 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Losing your hair is alarming.  The problem is writing a book making fun of your brother over something nobody has control over. it's hard to like Harry. At least nothing shocking happened at the coronation to add to the drama because surely at some level his family would want to communicate with him.

Hard to like William and Charles, too. They've done way worse, like:

Selling stories to the media about Harry (the tabloids confirmed this!)

Physically attacking Harry

Sticking a finger in Meghan's face

Pretending there was "no money" to support H&M, while expecting them to be working royals

It puts a snarky comment into some perspective! If someone had done all this stuff to you, you might make a snarky comment now and then, too!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

William is so closed off. I guess we'll never really know anything any more. William seems like the queen-no comment, no reaction.  Where's the snark in that!

As boring as it is for us, I can understand why William is so closed off. He saw from an early age how the press haunted his parents. He was old enough to see his parents separation and later divorce on the frontpages of newspapers and magazines. He himself now has plenty of experience with the press. No wonder he prefers to go the queen's route and stay silent. Because he can't win, no matter what and contrary to Harry, he also has to think about his public image as future king. Does it really look good if the future king of the UK airs his beef with his younger brother in the press?

Edited by klein_roeschen
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Does it really look good if the future king of the UK airs his beef with his younger brother in the press?

Well, it would humanize him. We all have family problems.

I expect gramma also advised him to put up a wall.

I'll be curious how this goes with the public. I think the queen's stoic silence was partly appreciated because she was of that older generation. Will the people of William's King time want that again?

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2023 at 3:30 PM, Destiny said:

Apparently there was some timing fuckery of some nature at the coronation. Somehow they were either late or charles was early or something of that nature. I’m not 100% clear on the details ‘cause I really don’t care but that could account for them looking stressed, if in fact they did ‘cause I didn’t notice anything, at the coronation.

disclaimer: I was more interested in what tiara she was wearing than her face so I didn’t really look. I’m still disappointed that we didn’t get coronets and tiaras and the coronation robes!

Based on the timetables that were out before the day, C&C's carriage was early. The Wales family was on time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Based on the timetables that were out before the day, C&C's carriage was early. The Wales family was on time. 

Maybe. Maybe not. Why the effort to defend the Wales family from such a minor crime?

Three young children. A hugely important event at which you'll be the center of attention. Lots of fancy costumes. It seems quite possible the Wales were late, judging from my own memories of getting a family prepared for a wedding or fancy party.

I realize they have servants and at least two nannies, but life still happens. In their case, the eyes of the world was on them, so everything had to be perfect.

They got Louis ready and then he got messy. A button pops off George's jacket. Kate's hair person is stuck in Coronation traffic. Wills can't find one of his medals (he didn't actually earn it, but he needs to wear it). One of the kids gets nervous, or responds to the tense atmosphere, and has a meltdown. 

A million things could've gone wrong to make them late. If they were, why not just admit it? Pretty much everyone would understand how it is when you have kids, and they'd relatable.

Dear Eurovision guys, I like Kate but that‘s not going to win me back for watching this contest.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TN-peach said:

William and Kate are in Jordan for the Crown Prince's wedding. 

Did you watch at all? So many beautiful dresses! The colors were stunning.

• Upvote 1

William's rude gesture to Catherine at the wedding says a lot about the state of their marriage. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" he seemed to be saying. How humiliating to her. She is aging badly and he seems to have lost interest in her.

Harry has never done something like that to Meghan in public.

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, mama4cor said:

Did you watch at all? So many beautiful dresses! The colors were stunning.

I didn't watch. Just saw the pictures.  i agree.  The bride is gorgeous.  And her dress was amazing. 

• Upvote 2

I liked the first bridal dress. Modern but still in line with tradition. The second was horrible. 
Similar for Kate. This blush colour, leaning more into old rosè instead of peach is just so NOT flattering for her. The first looked incredible dowdy. The second was ok but incredibly boring. She didn’t upstaged the bride, but that was a low bar. The extra embellished didn’t work against the all glimmer. There would have been much better options in the different JP collections. This particular second dress was just more of the same and slightly outdated. She should have worn the green one from her Pakistan tour, which looks very similar but for the colour. Or 
I also don’t think “upstaging the bride” is a big thought. Because everyone knows the press will mention her and the bling she wore or not. Also- the bride wears a white. Not easy to miss or to outdo in such a setting. The tiara is the second big miss.
The lover’s knot.

Again.

Worn with a completely unsuitable hairstyle.

Again.
It’s not a bloody headband. It’a too substantial with the big pearls and all. Rania wore her tiara in a similar way but it worked because her front hair part wasn’t as sleek and her tiara is constructed differently (more airy). The lover’s knot needs volume around it and/or sitting more horizontal.

All in all pretty disappointing. Especially if you remember her Bond Premiere Outfit……

• Eyeroll 1

Yeah, I found both of Kate's looks underwhelming at this wedding. There were a lot of other better dressed guests. 

The bride's first gown was gorgeous but the second was atrocious. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1

William looked boring and basic, but put together. I was more annoyed by the pictures of chatting with Ivanka Trump. Gross. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Royal men mostly wear suits of Blue or black at events. Never much to say. 

Except for those who want to criticize! They found plenty to say about Harry's (perfectly acceptable and ordinary) attire at the coronation.

Wow, that wedding was an assembly of people with more $ than God who still managed to look like they stepped out of the 1982 Sears Catalog formal wear section.  

• Haha 7

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mama4cor said:

Regarding Prince William’s plan to tackle homelessness:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65997714.amp
It appears he is contributing funds through their Royal Foundation.

I’m still researching more about his plans…

The Royal Foundation gets it's money from rich donors. It is not William's money.

13 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Why doesn't he just donate some of his millions to the problem instead of engaging in this PR farce?

download.jpg.9e46e72676b83e947fd7c1afe40eff91.jpg

Realistically, he should do both. One very wealthy individual isn’t going to end homelessness.  He’s super rich, but he’s not Musk, Bezos level rich. The PR and coordination and networking he can do because of his name and position can really help, but he also needs to put his money where his mouth is if he wants credibility. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

Realistically, he should do both. One very wealthy individual isn’t going to end homelessness.  He’s super rich, but he’s not Musk, Bezos level rich. The PR and coordination and networking he can do because of his name and position can really help, but he also needs to put his money where his mouth is if he wants credibility. 

I agree. Who says he isn‘t doing that though? The troll is not a reliable source.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic