IGNORED

William & Kate 3

samurai_sarah

Those articles are so embarrassing. He's acting like a basic human being and they're like OMG! WILLS AND KATE! SO IN LOVE! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

They are really grasping at straws here.

Maybe they love each other, maybe they don't, but these small things don't prove anything (particularly since they are done with the cameras on).

On 10/20/2023 at 2:30 PM, prayawaythefundie said:

Not sure if he needed an article praising him for what many good husbands do but it has always been nice to see him doing it.

On 10/20/2023 at 3:39 PM, viii said:

Those articles are so embarrassing. He's acting like a basic human being and they're like OMG! WILLS AND KATE! SO IN LOVE! 

I agree it’s basic, but have we seen a Duggar husband do these simple things? They may be simple curtesies but not common. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I agree it’s basic, but have we seen a Duggar husband do these simple things? They may be simple curtesies but not common. 

Likely not, but the fact these news articles exist at all is so embarrassing. Very few of William and Kate’s interactions are newsworthy. 

6 hours ago, viii said:

Likely not, but the fact these news articles exist at all is so embarrassing. Very few of William and Kate’s interactions are newsworthy. 

Is it a news article if it is a gossip magazine? 😉 I don’t follow them, so don’t know if sometimes actual newspapers also post puff-piece articles like that… We are a commonwealth country, but they don’t feature in our regular news at all over on the other side of the world! (Unless they are visiting Australia or us or mention either of our countries) 

• Upvote 3

To be fair, it’s mostly the US that posts about them like this, which is funny. The US’s obsession with “Princess Kate” is hysterical to me, given you know, the country’s entire history with the royal family. 

• Upvote 2

No respectable newspaper reports on stuff like that. And I don’t think the men from the Christian fundamental or right wing sphere are an acceptable measurement for basic human interactions between two adults in a romantic relationship.

Those articles are embarrassing because they act as if it is a novelty and oh do special when it’s non either way. It’s ok to show pda (and has been for decades even for the BRF) or not ti because you are just not like that. Those interactions don’t really tell us how they feel about each other. They could put on a show or not. It also doesn’t matter at all. Because I think both are absolutely ok with how things are. So whatever they are doing works for them and no one needs to know what exactly they do as long as it is between consenting adults.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

That’s setting the bar low. My husband does things like this every day.

Why compare Prince William of the UK to a fundamentalist Christian family in the rural  US, anyway?

Edited by Jackie3

7 hours ago, viii said:

To be fair, it’s mostly the US that posts about them like this, which is funny. The US’s obsession with “Princess Kate” is hysterical to me, given you know, the country’s entire history with the royal family. 

The obsession with Diana was flipping insane.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

The obsession with Diana was flipping insane.

I am curious to read her brother's book when it comes out in March.

Charles Spencer went to Maidwell Hall for prep, and I suspect the book will cover those years. I just read another book by a man who went there--sounds like a brutal, violent place. Made me glad I wasn't born a British aristocrat.

Charles S left for this horrible school at about age 8, so he may not be able to give much insight about the young Diana. Still, I hope the book mentions her a little.

4 hours ago, treehugger said:

I have a very good friend who grew up with nannies and later went to boarding school. His mom is delight, and his dad ensured he wanted for nothing, but he is almost 40 and still struggles with abandonment issues.  It deeply affected him, and not for the best, and I find it fascinating to watch him with his own kids.  He is so involved in their lives and super hands on. I sometimes think he and Harry could commiserate on a few things…

The thing about the Wales kids is that they almost certainly have more than one nanny. Surely Maria doesn't work 24/7/365. She must go home sometime to her own family, to eat and sleep, to go on vacation, to care for elderly relatives, to pay her bills. One nanny would never be enough.

So they probably have a night nanny, or a night/weekend nanny. Then they'd need a couple more back ups, for when the two main nannies get sick or go on vacation.

So those children are being raised with multiple caretakers. Possibly the Sussex kids are too, although with Doria in the picture they probably don't need quite as much help. 

Some non-gossip publications are also publishing stories about Will and Kate’s lovey dovey-ness. Admittedly fashion magazines aren’t a huge step up though.

Newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/prince-william-intimate-gesture-kate-middleton-caught-camera-viral-1836823

In Style: https://www.instyle.com/kate-middleton-prince-william-relatable-pda-moment-8364587

Brides: https://www.brides.com/kate-middleton-prince-william-pda-scottish-coronation-7557424

• Haha 3

On 10/22/2023 at 4:36 PM, just_ordinary said:

No respectable newspaper reports on stuff like that. And I don’t think the men from the Christian fundamental or right wing sphere are an acceptable measurement for basic human interactions between two adults in a romantic relationship.

Those articles are embarrassing because they act as if it is a novelty and oh do special when it’s non either way. It’s ok to show pda (and has been for decades even for the BRF) or not ti because you are just not like that. Those interactions don’t really tell us how they feel about each other. They could put on a show or not. It also doesn’t matter at all. Because I think both are absolutely ok with how things are. So whatever they are doing works for them and no one needs to know what exactly they do as long as it is between consenting adults.

Imo no matter if the relationship of William and Kate is still romantical, have hidden affairs, sleep in different bedrooms or whatnot, they are in this together. They know that whenever they are out in the public that the media will analyse everything. The clothes, the speaches, the gestures and what not. They know how the other is feeling in these times and if little gestures and eye contact helps, why not. And maybe they have some kind of inside jokes about what the media will this time write about that.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 10/23/2023 at 3:44 PM, Jackie3 said:

The thing about the Wales kids is that they almost certainly have more than one nanny. Surely Maria doesn't work 24/7/365. She must go home sometime to her own family, to eat and sleep, to go on vacation, to care for elderly relatives, to pay her bills. One nanny would never be enough.

So they probably have a night nanny, or a night/weekend nanny. Then they'd need a couple more back ups, for when the two main nannies get sick or go on vacation.

So those children are being raised with multiple caretakers. Possibly the Sussex kids are too, although with Doria in the picture they probably don't need quite as much help. 

Kate missed an event when George and Charlotte were toddlers due to childcare. We also know there have been times that their maternal grandparents have stayed with them and that K&W plan their schedules so that one of them can take the kids to school and pick them up from school each day. It’s also known that they limit evening engagements so that they’re rarely both out at the same time. Given that all three kids are in school now and that we know other childcare arrangements exist and that K&W are managing their schedules to be available for their children, it actually is reasonable that one nanny suffices. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Kate missed an event when George and Charlotte were toddlers due to childcare. We also know there have been times that their maternal grandparents have stayed with them and that K&W plan their schedules so that one of them can take the kids to school and pick them up from school each day. It’s also known that they limit evening engagements so that they’re rarely both out at the same time. Given that all three kids are in school now and that we know other childcare arrangements exist and that K&W are managing their schedules to be available for their children, it actually is reasonable that one nanny suffices. 

What happens when Maria goes home to dinner at night?

What happens when she goes on vacation?

What happens on the weekends?

What happens when Maria gets sick?

What happens when Maria takes a day off?

On 10/23/2023 at 9:43 AM, tabitha2 said:

Kate has to have appropriate “work clothes”  both for everyday and events and also be a patron of British fashion and British designers. But she also re wears and sticks to classics that work for her not trends. 

She hardly worked at all in 2022. It's not like she's going to the office every day. She's also held the same "job" for ten years, yet the new clothes keep coming and coming. When it's all free, I guess it's easy to go overboard. It's not like she's working overtime to buy that new coat.

Doesn't matter whether she "sticks to classics" or "trends"--she's still spending hundreds of thousands on clothes. Money she hasn't earned.

Anne works FAR more, yet her clothes budget is far more reasonable. 

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

What happens when Maria goes home to dinner at night?

What happens when she goes on vacation?

What happens on the weekends?

What happens when Maria gets sick?

What happens when Maria takes a day off?

W&K are with their kids. 

W&K are with their kids. 

W&K are with their kids. 

W&K are with their kids. 

W&K are with their kids. 

*Note--perhaps one or the other in some cases. Perhaps the kids' maternal grandparents. 

I was a nanny once upon a time. The parents planned for such things in advance. That's how it works. 

• Upvote 7

It's not hard to figure out. Maria isn't with the children 24/7. She's with them when William and Kate have engagements and let's be honest, that's not that often LOL. I'm sure their schedules are planned well in advanced, and if something unexpected comes up like Maria being sick, then either William or Kate stay home or the maternal grandparents step up. This shouldn't even be a debate. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, viii said:

It's not hard to figure out. Maria isn't with the children 24/7. She's with them when William and Kate have engagements and let's be honest, that's not that often LOL. I'm sure their schedules are planned well in advanced, and if something unexpected comes up like Maria being sick, then either William or Kate stay home or the maternal grandparents step up. This shouldn't even be a debate. 

Clearly, the poster harping on it wants to believe that the Wales' have never actually met their children other than briefly walking out of the hospital with each one and Maria and all the hidden nannies care for them 24/7. Thus if Maria goes home at the end of an 8 hour day, the poor children are left to fend for themselves until she returns unless there are ten more nannies to tend to them. 

It's kind of ridiculous to believe that people whose every move is stalked by the press and whose personal and public spending is obsessed over would be able to hide multiple additional staff's existence from the British press. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

The amazing Will and Kate who are the least working people you've ever seen and also so busy all the time that they need 24/7 childcare, including the times that the kids are at school.

• Haha 10

On 10/25/2023 at 12:14 AM, louisa05 said:

W&K are with their kids. 

W&K are with their kids. 

W&K are with their kids. 

W&K are with their kids. 

W&K are with their kids. 

*Note--perhaps one or the other in some cases. Perhaps the kids' maternal grandparents. 

I was a nanny once upon a time. The parents planned for such things in advance. That's how it works. 

Were you a nanny to royalty?

Wills and Kate do a lot of evening engagements. What happens when Maria goes home at 6 every night?

They do overseas tours. What happens if Maria gets Covid and W&K are touring Jamaica or the Bahamas?

They promote their causes overseas. What happens if Maria has a family emergency and W&K are off promoting Earthshot? 

Unfortunately, they'll never get to 0 by taking private helicopters routinely.

It sounds a bit like "Rules for Thee but not for Me."

heli.png

Edited by Jackie3

11 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Clearly, the poster TROLL harping on it wants to believe that the Wales' have never actually met their children other than briefly walking out of the hospital with each one and Maria and all the hidden nannies care for them 24/7. Thus if Maria goes home at the end of an 8 hour day, the poor children are left to fend for themselves until she returns unless there are ten more nannies to tend to them. 

It's kind of ridiculous to believe that people whose every move is stalked by the press and whose personal and public spending is obsessed over would be able to hide multiple additional staff's existence from the British press. 

Fixed that for you. You are trying to have a good faith discussion with a shit-stirrer.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

How about we stop policing people? Until the mods ban her, people are able to respond to her if they want. Lack of attention does help, but you can't force people to ignore someone if they don't want to and continually to harp at people for responding to her is almost as annoying.

• Upvote 4

On 10/25/2023 at 1:56 PM, AmazonGrace said:

The amazing Will and Kate who are the least working people you've ever seen and also so busy all the time that they need 24/7 childcare, including the times that the kids are at school.

One burnt-out nanny who never gets a break isn't good for those kids. There must be more than one.

True, no one would say W&K work a lot. However, they need childcare for other things as well.

They need childcare for when they go nightclubs (Wills), play polo (Wills), shop for clothes (Kate) and a million other things. Nothing wrong with that. 

I'm sure W&K have plenty of time with their kids. More than most parents, actually, given the staff they have. 

However, logisitically, one nanny could never do it all. Nothing wrong with that. It's good the kids are properly cared for. I've known very wealthy, high powered people who had a main nanny and a weekend nanny.

I think the Wales' need even more backup than that. Why? As most kids grow older, they become more independent and the need for childcare lessens.

That's less true for the Wales children. George and Charlotte can't walk to school. They can't ride their bikes to the neighborhood park. They aren't going to be dropped off at a roller rink for a birthday party. They won't spend Satursdays at the mall with friends. They will need childcare much longer than the average kid.

Remember what Wills and Harry were doing the night Diana died? They were home with their nanny, Mabel. At age 15 and almost 13, they were at home on a summer night, being watched by a nanny. Weird, huh? The royals need more nannies, and they need them longer, than most people. 

Edited by Jackie3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic