IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips? Part 13

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I ask what kind of company and what kind of job he had in it?

He was just a semi regular customer. I worked at a coffee shop and bakery. 

• Thank You 3

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

@Rattytattycatty, Thanks for joining fj!    Are you in the US or abroad? 

I was in San Antonio at the time. I’m not sure if he lives there or just frequents. He travels a lot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Rattytattycatty said:

I was in San Antonio at the time. I’m not sure if he lives there or just frequents. He travels a lot. 

Thanks!  His wife and several of his youngest kids live in San Antonio.  

• Upvote 2

I wandered over to Doug's Tribute website, and found 50 Days - Ukraine Stands.  

In Doug's bio, he notes: 

Douglas W. Phillips is a constitutional attorney, writer and filmmaker whose great grandfather was a Jew fleeing Russian soldiers when Ukranian peasants spared his life, hid him and raised money for his escape to the United States.

Curious about how DP is reconciling his politics with many in the Republican party who support Russia, and are against providing assistance to Ukraine. 

• Upvote 11

12 hours ago, Howl said:

In Doug's bio, he notes: 

Douglas W. Phillips is a constitutional attorney, writer and filmmaker whose great grandfather was a Jew fleeing Russian soldiers when Ukranian peasants spared his life, hid him and raised money for his escape to the United States.

Curious about how DP is reconciling his politics with many in the Republican party who support Russia, and are against providing assistance to Ukraine. 

He’s definitely been vocal about his support for Ukraine on his instagram. 

• Upvote 5

On 3/10/2023 at 8:07 AM, Howl said:

In Doug's bio, he notes: 

He's been vocal about it on the FB VF page as well, and has got some people fussing about how he's being deceived, and pushing the "mainstream cabal agenda." Whoever runs that page is very quick with the ban hammer, so he doesn't have any more dissenting voices on the Ukraine posts, but it's funny (and telling) that he doesn't realize how far his average VF participant would have moved in the last ten years.

• Upvote 8

19 hours ago, Columbia said:

he doesn't realize how far his average VF participant would have moved in the last ten years.

Agree. This also suggests to me that he is not actually spending much if any time in that community. It makes it even more likely that the VF reboot is a cynical ploy, probably a potential moneymaking scam.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

It makes it even more likely that the VF reboot is a cynical ploy, probably a potential moneymaking scam

I've thought the same thing, too, for a long time, but I'm surprised that the moneymaking plans haven't come out yet. I wonder if he's planning something for the 10 year Tool O'Ween anniversary.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 2:27 PM, Columbia said:

I've thought the same thing, too, for a long time, but I'm surprised that the moneymaking plans haven't come out yet. I wonder if he's planning something for the 10 year Tool O'Ween anniversary.

TEN YEARS?

Dear lord.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

• 3 weeks later...

Doug Phillips (who is an unquestionable tool) would like very much for someone else to not face any consequences for his actions, either.

Someone posted a link earlier in this thread to a speech that Dougie gave on behalf of his father running for president back in the 90s, and it's a fantastically hypocritical rant about how voting for the lesser of two evils is still supporting evil. I would love to hear Doug squirm his way out of that now.

IMG_1747.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4

The hysterical "IF THEY CAN DO IT TO TRUMP THEY CAN DO IT TO YOU!!" rhetoric is so delightful.

Yes, if you falsify your business records to hide a payoff to an adult film actress in order to cover up something that might affect the results of a presidential election, you too might end up in court. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15

JTits and his wife had their third baby, a girl, a couple of weeks ago. Their boys are about 2 and 4.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Woods Nymph said:

JTits and his wife had their third baby, a girl, a couple of weeks ago. Their boys are about 2 and 4.

I'm sure Beall is over the moon for another grand baby, but sad that they seem to be on the Quiverfull path. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm sure Beall is over the moon for another grand baby, but sad that they seem to be on the Quiverfull path. 

They probably are quiverfull. It is possible they want a few kids close in age.  Growing up there were two families I thought might be quiverfull and both families had 3 kids.

I also think there’s a possibility that young fundie couples start out as quiverful but eventually stop when they realize it’s making their lives miserable. I always wonder about the Seewald parents. They had plenty of kids at first and then they were done when Gwynn was still in her 30s. They may have started out thinking they would have as many as god would give them but just decided they were done at some point. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

That’s an interesting article, especially the posting of the actual complaint with exhibits which shows he continued to physically write in his former address (his parents’ home?).  I suppose it’s possible he and his wife and child live in separate residences.  I’ll look forward to the outcome of the hearing in a couple weeks. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Looks like VF scion Natty Darnell may have committed voter fraud

Iʻm going to say it -- this is delicious. I cannot imagine a better candidate for conviction of multiple felonies than Nathaniel Darnell, J.D., especially if those felonies include voter and ID fraud.

Snark & schadenfreude aside, it does look like Natty is in serious trouble. Registering to vote at the wrong address once or maybe twice *might* be a mistake but six times over two years? It will take all of his legal knowledge & skill, as acquired from Oak Brook School of Law, to get out of this one. Alternatively, maybe there is something strange going on with his marriage or maybe he & his family really are living with his parents while maintaining a separate residence elsewhere for unknown reasons. As the petitioner notes:

I am not married, and I’m not one to opine on how any family might choose to operate, but with a daughter to take care of and help raise, I believe it is highly unlikely that Mr. Darnell lives in a separate physical address from where his wife and the mother of his child is caring for his daughter.

In any case, this will be interesting to watch.

ETA: OMG! This comment! 👀

RenegadeNatty.thumb.png.8565b9d8e0a7480ba6f417e9911e1b72.png

Edited by hoipolloi
Added info
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I suppose it’s possible he and his wife and child live in separate residences.  I’ll look forward to the outcome of the hearing in a couple weeks. 

If they weren’t before they will be after the court case. 

• Upvote 2

What’s funny is that he will have to argue that he and his wife live separately if he wants to fight this. Which is so funny because fundies are all about family togetherness. How would that look if he was living with his parents while his wife lived like a single mother in a separate home? My guess is that he wanted to vote in his parents’ district and that is why he listed his address as theirs 6 times after marriage. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess is that he wanted to vote in his parents’ district and that is why he listed his address as theirs 6 times after marriage. 

That's a good point. Now I'm very nosy about where he lives relative to his parents.  I doubt that he and wife are living apart. Do you know if he has an Instagram?  I couldn't find it.  Or does his wife? 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Howl said:

That's a good point. Now I'm very nosy about where he lives relative to his parents.  I doubt that he and wife are living apart. Do you know if he has an Instagram?  I couldn't find it.  Or does his wife? 

Both he and his wife Abigail have fb pages. And this one too:

3594CCDE-C9A8-451F-A5E5-BD3FD4156AF1.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

According to Google Maps, the addresses are five minutes apart. What baffles me, why would he lie and put down his old address?—considering the fact that both addresses are in the same voting precinct (let alone same county and congressional district)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

According to Google Maps, the addresses are five minutes apart. What baffles me, why would he lie and put down his old address?—considering the fact that both addresses are in the same voting precinct (let alone same county and congressional district)

My theory goes out the window then. It makes no sense that he would do that 6 times.

He didn’t even win his election. The opponent bowed out. What a great defeat Nattie! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4